Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

4 hours ago, mars396 said:

Midtown Comics, Manhattan NYC

Yep.  Everyone but Storm.  

This is Warlock Cyclops all over again.  I will never see a Storm in a store.  Storm is sold out online everywhere. I will never own this particular Storm. 

Maybe in three years she'll get re-released in an impossible to acquire three pack wearing a stupid bomber jacket.  

Do you have a Think Geek near you?  A sister company or subsidiary to GameStop, they focus more on action figures.  They have been getting replenished on both the X-Men retro wave and Wendigo wave almost every other day at the Palisades Mall in West Nyack NY .  I popped in there on Sunday and a customer was purchasing a retro Storm as I got there.  Keep the faith.

I'm beginning to think that I won't see any of the 80th anniv Ironman/Thor figs till after the 1st or 2nd week of August. Been hitting a few Targets that it says have 5 of each & finding nada/zilch/caca. Are some Targets putting them up early & others holding them in back till mid August? I Pre-ordered these from Dorkside 2 weeks ago but am hoping to find them now as Dorkside has it that these won't ship out till August.

14 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

I'm beginning to think that I won't see any of the 80th anniv Ironman/Thor figs till after the 1st or 2nd week of August. Been hitting a few Targets that it says have 5 of each & finding nada/zilch/caca. Are some Targets putting them up early & others holding them in back till mid August? I Pre-ordered these from Dorkside 2 weeks ago but am hoping to find them now as Dorkside has it that these won't ship out till August.

Most Target stores haven't performed resets/made shelf space for the 80th Anniversary product just yet, so if they do have stock it's sitting in the stockroom. If Brickseek or other apps are indicating that a particular store has product but it's not on the shelf, you just need to find a department rep and have them either check the DPCI and go retrieve the stuff for you, or at least describe what you're looking for and they may be familiar with it and be able to retrieve it from the back.

4 hours ago, SolidSnakeEyes said:

Here is a screen shot I’ve taken from an IG post (_rektangular's) that supposedly shows the figure and Target receipt. Note that the item listed as "Hasbro" is what is supposed to be 80th Cap, while the other item is clearly listed as "THR", or Thor. Is it possible that someone "returned" one or more 80th Caps to one or more Target stores, knowing they'd match in the system? I don't know how plausible that is. I agree that it's unlikely for what is supposed to be a Walmart exclusive to show up at Target, too, and I'm not sure which is more believable. I mean, we've definitely seen supposed exclusives become non-exclusives, but not only has this been completely unmentioned, but it doesn't seem like Walmart's style to share. Also...was it ever 100% confirmed that 80th Cap is/was a Walmart exclusive? I recall there being a lot of confusion about that.

CBDE9873-A89E-4091-BE7A-F98BE4BF7470.png

Thanks for the pic. 

Heres the deal as I see it; there’s two scenarios here and while there’s a LOT of potential nuance to the second scenario, I’m more inclined to believe the second.

Also, I’m not sure where any confusion came out of this figure with regards to it being exclusive as Hasbro clearly stated/showed it was a Walmart Exclusive back at ToyFair in February. However, with Hasbro producing literally over 100 legends figures a year at this point, I can see how people’s memories can get muddied. I personally keep a running inventory/checklist on everything I collect (which is a lot more than just Legends) so I can keep track of everything at all times. If I didn’t do this, especially given all the lines I collect, I’d most likely go insane trying to remember everything.

Also, I know for a fact (due to an extensive former career in retail and store management), that Target (nor other retailers) would be able to return an item that wasn’t in their system, specifically speaking Target as their DPCI system (and each of these 80th figures would have/will have their own DPCI as they are solid cases) is pretty rock solid. Long story short, definitely not a return, even though it’s a similar product. For example, take an item like Tide Laundry Packs. Have you ever noticed that while practically every retailer carries this item, the size and/or count of the item is different at each retailer? There’s a reason for this; due to the volume/size of the chain, the manufacturer strikes a deal with said retailer in what size/count of the product they think they can move. A high-velocity retailer like Walmart can move the most Tide and therefore they are offered the biggest pack size, let’s say 110 count, at the best price. A low-velocity chain like Walgreens, can’t really move that much bulk so the size they get, is tailored to that retailers shelf space and demand for the item, so therefore Walgreens may only offer Tide Pods in a pack of 35 count for example. Next time you’re at a drug store, grocery store, Walmart, Target, etc, go check the Tide Pods and look at the size of the count. You will 100% not see the exact same size/count at each store, minus the non-bulk sizes like a 10-count bag for a buck or two. Wow I’m off the freaking rails here but incredibly long story short, that 76 count bag of Tide pods you bought at Target will not show up in Walmart’s system, because Walmart sells a 84-count bag or something and vice versa etc.

I digress......

Scenario 1: This photo is fake/doctored. Period. Personally, I don’t believe it is.

Scenario 2: Hasbro has (and without any communication/confirmation...which is not saying that much at the end of the day) offered this figure up as a shared retailer exclusive, to at least also include Target. I mean Target already has 5 Legends exclusives this year so a 6th isn’t that crazy to think about. OR...this figures NEW home is Target and Walmart has been cut out at zero hour.

Here’s some of the aforementioned nuance and to anyone that’s relatively new to collecting or to anyone that just collects marvel, this could potentially be informational. 

#1 Hasbro will shop around an exclusive to other retailers, when they see on-hand stock levels (this is more from DC-Distribution Center level side of things) and sell-through of a particular retailers exclusive, not performing the way they wanted, for whatever reason. Far from the only example of this but I’m just picking a quick one for easy reference, would be the Gamestop Exclusive Deadpool/Venom figure. That figure was solicited, pre-orderable and sold at, exclusively GameStop. However, as time went on, and for whatever reason (Gamestop ordered too many, Hasbro shipped them too much, etc etc pick one) that figure was then solicited to practically every other retailer and they all bit on it (probably an easy sell to them because the box office was so huge from the first movie, it didn’t take much “incentive” for a retailer so sign off on getting an “exclusive deadpool”). As the months went on, this figure was sent to Target, TRU and literally every toy etailer (I cant remember if Walmart took it too). Again this is FAR from the only example I can provide (etailers like EE getting Walgreens exclusives like yellow daredevil, black series c-3po to quickly name some more, etc) but it’s definitely one of the biggest examples.

#2 This is where I really think what may have happened: So over the course of the last year, Hasbro (in an attempt that could almost be construed as they are “listening to us”...hahaha) has been letting other companies save or “rescue” a lot of Walmart exclusives, that Walmart has...(wait for it)...blundered. The companies in question that have primarily been doing the “rescuing”...has been EE. This all started around this time or so last year when Star Wars collectors (myself included) were becoming really peeved about Walmart getting not one but TWO Vintage Collection 3.75 figures, a TLJ Island Journey Rey and an awesome Mimban Stormtrooper from Solo. The thing was, was that the Rey was already supposed to have came out in the spring and it just literally never did (not dissimilar to how the Walmart Binary Captain Marvel was already supposed to have been in out in the spring, just like the Target Starforce version was). So as the months went on and on we got to SDCC, the (former) design director for Star Wars (Steve Evans) was directly asked about this and his response was that “the figure had already been on Walmart shelves for months”. When Steve was confronted with the realization that umm yeah...that didn’t actually happen and the figure still doesn’t “exist”, he seemed genuinely puzzled and said he would look into it. A couple months (if memory serves correct) after SDCC and low and behold, it was announced that EE was the “new home” for this figure. Case in point, I bought 3 of those figures from EE and one of them even had the Walmart exclusive sticker on the blister window...

EE also took on last years Amazon exclusive MCU 10th Iron Man 3 set. EE has since took on another Star Wars Vintage Collection (TVC) item, the formerly Walmart exclusive large-wing Tie Fighter. There are still more examples I could give but suffice to say, this has been a very reoccurring trend within the last 12 months. 

To that end, this is why I think Target may also be getting the Walmart 80th Cap, as a retailer rescue partner. Target has REALLY stepped up to the plate with exclusives in the absence of TRU, across many different lines and have minimum tripled the exclusives they now carry (specifically Star Wars where they’ve really gone all in). How has Walmart stepped up to the plate since TRU collapsed? By being Walmart and continuing to mismanage all their exclusives...business as usual. I think this could (potentially) be no more complicated than Hasbro simply rewarding Target for stepping up as a retail partner with their product and buying in on soooooo many exclusives post TRU demise.

Who knows though, this might not be a shared exclusive, Hasbro might have just stripped it from Walmart all together and just given it to Target! Really hope that’s the actual case here.

At any rate, I’m VERY curious to see what the real deal is with this figure and with the 8/1 fall retailer toy resets around the corner, it won’t take long to find out. 

I implore EVERYONE on this site to post a sighting of this figure as they seem them, so we can quickly figure out the story on Mr. Rogers.

Lastly, please be sure to give this video a like if you want to see more dedicated coverage of Tide Laundry detergent analysis!

I buy the explanation that it’s become a silent shared exclusive, and despite the doubt shown in my last message, that’s what I felt was most likely the case. Fortunately, I’ve not had trouble finding any of Walmart’s recent exclusives (ML, Black Series, Pokémon), but I know they’ve been blowing it since the days of GIJoe RoC and those exclusives. That stuff flooded onto shelves and just sat (like all RoC product), and ever since that it seems like Walmart hasn’t bothered to properly stock exclusives. I remember the madness that was the Star Wars 3.75 Jabba exclusive - oof. 

Well, I think we’ve likely found our answer. Now all we do is wait. 

7 hours ago, mars396 said:

Midtown Comics, Manhattan NYC

Yep.  Everyone but Storm.  

This is Warlock Cyclops all over again.  I will never see a Storm in a store.  Storm is sold out online everywhere. I will never own this particular Storm. 

Maybe in three years she'll get re-released in an impossible to acquire three pack wearing a stupid bomber jacket.  

0725191740b.jpg

I’m not going to get into a dissertation about shopping smart versus hard (online versus brick and mortar), especially since 2017 when solid cases were introduced to etailers but since you’re specifically talking about Storm, EE still has her up after being listed a month ago, so...go order one lol? Ship date says October but if this year has been any indication with how fast Hasbro has been sending out their stock, I’d say there’s a 99.99% chance she will ship way sooner. 

35 minutes ago, SolidSnakeEyes said:

I buy the explanation that it’s become a silent shared exclusive, and despite the doubt shown in my last message, that’s what I felt was most likely the case. Fortunately, I’ve not had trouble finding any of Walmart’s recent exclusives (ML, Black Series, Pokémon), but I know they’ve been blowing it since the days of GIJoe RoC and those exclusives. That stuff flooded onto shelves and just sat (like all RoC product), and ever since that it seems like Walmart hasn’t bothered to properly stock exclusives. I remember the madness that was the Star Wars 3.75 Jabba exclusive - oof. 

Well, I think we’ve likely found our answer. Now all we do is wait. 

Agreed.

Ahh G.I.Joe...i would sell at least one of my children if Hasbro brought back the 25th Anniversary style Collection, or made really detailed 6in Black Series style Joes, or...idk...SOMETHING.

Hasbro did bring TVC back after almost 7 years and while it had a bumpy relaunch last year, this year has been wayyyy better and I’m quite enjoying the line again so if they can bring back TVC...maybe there’s hope they can do the same for Joes but... I'm not holding my breath.

Lol, I remember finding a Walgreens exclusive Punisher in Walmart one year. Someone had to have brought it in and got Walmart to accept it as a return. I thought it was pretty funny at the time seeing it on the shelf. Reading some of these posts about someone finding 80th Annv. Cap in Target made me think of that.

@mars396 Here is something you could try.  I pre-ordered my Love Triangle 3 pack online, but if you want to just hunt at brick and mortar, try asking your local Gamestop if they can put it on pre-order for you.  I've never done this with Legends, only Funko Pops, but they usually only want you to put $5 down on a pre-order and then you can pick it up at that store when it's in.  

For Storm also try asking Gamestop if they can get one in for you.  I did that for the NECA 90s movie TMNT and those were really hard to come by in my area.  Just a thought, hope it helps. 

1 hour ago, komododragin said:

@greenlucario If you order in stores at gamestop, will they not charge shipping or extra fees?

Greenlucario is right, I do this often at EB Games , You just say you want to pre-order whatever figure (as long as it's still in the system as per-orderable) and they take down yer phone number and that's it no money down nothing it just guarantees you will be contacted when the figure comes in and there will be one for you, you can even on the day it shows up in store just either not show up, or go to the store look at the figure and say nah... pass , and you don't even have to put a cent down

Grabbed the Hulk set at my local Gamestop.  He is awesome but the wolverine looks surprisingly good as well, brighter colors than the tiger stripe version make it pop a bit more. 

They also had some of the x-vintage wave (cyke, iceman, and silver samurai).  All looked good, samurai is the only one on my must-buy list but passed for now since i didn't feel like paying the Gamestop markup, especially after shelling out for the Hulk set.

gotta say, it almost feels like if i get the 80th Thor, Cap, Iron Man, as well as Nightcrawler, Storm and a Classic Colossus, i might be able to call it a day as far as collecting.  But who am i kidding, not ready to call it quits yet although there aren't a lot of other A-listers/favorite characters that i can think of that are missing.

2 hours ago, komododragin said:

@greenlucario If you order in stores at gamestop, will they not charge shipping or extra fees?

It depends on what you request, exactly. If you order a figure from the store and have it delivered from their warehouse to your home, much like you'd do from their website, you will pay shipping costs unless they have a free shipping offer. Alternatively, you can have items that are in stock at other stores within your (whichever you do this from) store's distribution ring transferred to your store at no cost, you just have to go pick it up. Also, you can pre-order items by paying a $5 advance and the item will be shipped directly to that store. There are a few options, and I've utilized each at one point or another with 100% success rates.

Just got the 80th Anniv. Iron Man yesterday from a local Collector-Shop. Man....this figure is so beautiful, so perfect, so gorgeously golden...I'm on cloud 9! I've wanted a great classic Iron Man figure since the very first Secret Wars version (I'm old enough to remember the Mego version, but even as a kid I thought it sucked, lol). I didn't get the first TB version because it looked off. I never got the IM Classics version either because the head was too small and no ankle pivots. This one is perfect, and I love that they sculpted the proportions to look as though a person were under the armor, instead of it being 'painted' on. Super happy with this man! It's been a wickedly awesome year for Old-school collectors and fans!

1 minute ago, Air-Walker said:

Just got the 80th Anniv. Iron Man yesterday from a local Collector-Shop. Man....this figure is so beautiful, so perfect, so gorgeously golden...I'm on cloud 9! I've wanted a great classic Iron Man figure since the very first Secret Wars version (I'm old enough to remember the Mego version, but even as a kid I thought it sucked, lol). I didn't get the first TB version because it looked off. I never got the IM Classics version either because the head was too small and no ankle pivots. This one is perfect, and I love that they sculpted the proportions to look as though a person were under the armor, instead of it being 'painted' on. Super happy with this man! It's been a wickedly awesome year for Old-school collectors and fans!

That's AWESOME! Congrats man. I'm also an "older collector" who had all the marvel Legos at one time. Man we've come a long way!

I'm extremely envious of all you guys that are snagging the 80th anniv Ironman/Thor & Cap figures, I have yet to see these at the stores. I'm also ol school 70s/80s Marvel & have been waiting a loooooong time for the definitive versions of these 3 characters. Don't collect MCU, so all the movie versions of these 3 were passes for me. I just hope that Hasbro has long term plans to continue with the 80th anniv classic  versions as they will sell! I may be in the minority but I would love to see them do 1st app Wonderman!  The modern version Hasbro did is boring  & bland. 1st app costume would pop on the shelves IMO.

Wonderman 1st app George Perez.jpg

Wonderman vs Namor 2.jpg

Wonderman vs Vision.jpg

wonderman_vs_thor_by_byrne.jpg

wondermanvsnamor.jpg

Wonderman vs Beast.jpg

Wonderman.jpg

42 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

I'm extremely envious of all you guys that are snagging the 80th anniv Ironman/Thor & Cap figures, I have yet to see these at the stores. I'm also ol school 70s/80s Marvel & have been waiting a loooooong time for the definitive versions of these 3 characters. Don't collect MCU, so all the movie versions of these 3 were passes for me. I just hope that Hasbro has long term plans to continue with the 80th anniv classic  versions as they will sell! I may be in the minority but I would love to see them do 1st app Wonderman!  The modern version Hasbro did is boring  & bland. 1st app costume would pop on the shelves IMO.

I want Wonder Man in the Safari jacket & shades!!

And i haven't seen Thor Cap or iron Man anywhere yet although i've checked target regularly.  The Hulk set seems a bit easier to come by since Gamestop has it and isn't doing there usual markup on action figures.

1 hour ago, bashpics99 said:

I want Wonder Man in the Safari jacket & shades!!

And i haven't seen Thor Cap or iron Man anywhere yet although i've checked target regularly.  The Hulk set seems a bit easier to come by since Gamestop has it and isn't doing there usual markup on action figures.

As long as they make 1st app Wonderman, I wouldn't have zero problem with Safari jacket Wonderman being made as well. But I really hope they do 1st app Wondy 1st! I also would love his 2nd app costume as well! Plus classic Perez Ultron so we can recreate these scenes.

Avengers 161.jpg

avengers 162 004.jpg ultron pops Thor & Wonderman.jpg

Avengers 162.jpg

11 hours ago, greenlucario said:

@mars396 Here is something you could try.  I pre-ordered my Love Triangle 3 pack online, but if you want to just hunt at brick and mortar, try asking your local Gamestop if they can put it on pre-order for you.  I've never done this with Legends, only Funko Pops, but they usually only want you to put $5 down on a pre-order and then you can pick it up at that store when it's in.  

For Storm also try asking Gamestop if they can get one in for you.  I did that for the NECA 90s movie TMNT and those were really hard to come by in my area.  Just a thought, hope it helps. 

I stopped by Gamestop today and talked to one of the reps that always helps me find Legends and Black Series and she couldn’t order it either, but did say they were getting another shipment of the Retro wave on Aug 29th.  The app shows Storm available on Jul 27th so I’ll be checking the app like crazy Sunday and stopping by every GameStop in Colorado until I find her, lol. 

🔥

18 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

Grabbed the Hulk set at my local Gamestop.  He is awesome but the wolverine looks surprisingly good as well, brighter colors than the tiger stripe version make it pop a bit more. 

They also had some of the x-vintage wave (cyke, iceman, and silver samurai).  All looked good, samurai is the only one on my must-buy list but passed for now since i didn't feel like paying the Gamestop markup, especially after shelling out for the Hulk set.

gotta say, it almost feels like if i get the 80th Thor, Cap, Iron Man, as well as Nightcrawler, Storm and a Classic Colossus, i might be able to call it a day as far as collecting.  But who am i kidding, not ready to call it quits yet although there aren't a lot of other A-listers/favorite characters that i can think of that are missing.

We are simpatico.  About a 2 years or so ago I decided to  try to create a set of my 1st avengers team that got me hooked in the comic.  Thor, Cap, iron man, Vision (my favorite), Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Black Panther and Hawkeye/Goliath.  I started with a Marvel Select "vintage" Thor", and paid on eBay to get the ML Scarlet Witch .  I felt good about getting the Walmart exclusive ML Black Panther at the sale price.  I held off on the original Vision figures, as well as the multiple incarnations of both Cap and Iron Man, because they didn't have that certain je ne sais quoi.  THEN in the last year between the 2nd ML vintage wave (Vision and Hawkeye) , the recent family matters 3 pk and now the upcoming release of the 80th Annivesary big 3, WOW!  

Then Hasbro who has been affecting all of our wallets with the amount of figures that they have been pushing out, with the release of the ML Warlock wave, I decided to finish my Giant Size X-Men team (Sunfire, Polaris) and create a Blue team.  Which then morphed into adding the Gold team ( I was a big fan of Bishop).  Of course we need to sprinkle in some villains and we need Professor X........ You get where I'm coming from.   So as soon as I am able to receive the 80th Anniversary trio ( I am searching for Cap like the rest of you ), Nightcrawler, Storm, Iceman, and the Love Triangle set; I think I can cool off my credit card. 🔥🔥🔥

On 7/26/2019 at 1:10 PM, komododragin said:

What Lord_Scareglow and SolidSnakeEyes said.  You can have it shipped to you, or pick up in store, it's just $5 down at pre-order usually.  But you should always try to pre-order as soon as soon as pre-orders go live because like everywhere else, they will run out of some figures.

19 hours ago, CO_Alex said:

I stopped by Gamestop today and talked to one of the reps that always helps me find Legends and Black Series and she couldn’t order it either, but did say they were getting another shipment of the Retro wave on Aug 29th.  The app shows Storm available on Jul 27th so I’ll be checking the app like crazy Sunday and stopping by every GameStop in Colorado until I find her, lol. 

Yeah...it was only a suggestion.  By this point we're too close to the release date(s) for anyone to be able to get a pre-order in.  I guess it was meant more as a long shot suggestion, and something of course to try with the next desirable figure.  Because if history is any indicator, there will be another Rogue/Deadpool/Wolverine/Mysterio/Cyclops/Beast/Storm/etc. figure that everyone just has to have.  

I was able to find Guardian & Scorpion at my local Gamestop yesterday. Both figures are excellent looking & totally ol school classic! Here's a few pics I took of both of them. Scorpion blows away the Toybiz version in every category imaginable as does Guardian vs his TB version. Hasbro is just knocking these outta the park!

DSCF8131.JPG

DSCF8141.JPG

DSCF8144.JPG

DSCF8171.JPG

DSCF8175.JPG

DSCF8182.JPG

DSCF8183.JPG

DSCF8184.JPG

DSCF8185.JPG