Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

So the Amazon EX 80th Peggy & Cap came in today and much to my shock and delight, it arrived in great shape. It’s crazy what happens when you put some packing material in the box...

After having Amazon send me FOUR X-Men 3packs (4th time is the charm as they say...), I was beyond relieved to open the box today and just get a mint set on the first try. I’m hoping the luck continues when they ship out the Black Series Palpatines in October!

Oh and the Peggy/Cap set is fantastic. Great portraits, great accessories (although a shotgun and pistol for Peggy would have been nice) and great paint apps. Stellar 2-pack overall.

A Tale of Two Stores:

Like many of you interested in the ML 80th Anniversary Thor, Iron man and Captain America, I have been checking in on the Brickseek link for inventory levels at my local Target stores.  I know through this discussion forum a few contributors have stated that the release date is August 1st, but some stores may have put them on the sale floor.  This morning while checking Brickseek, I saw that all stores in my immediate area showed both Thor and Iron Man in stock, While Captain America was not available.  I then clicked on the view on Target link and jumped to Target’s website.  It showed that both Thor and Iron Man were in stock in “my Store” at Clifton NJ.  When I saw that I decided to hightail it to Target.  When I got there the were some store associates putting out stock in the area, my heart skipped a beat, was I about to reach nirvana!  But alas no, there was no Thor or Iron Man out.   I asked one associate if they had Thor in stock.   I gave him the DPCI and I told him that their website stated that it was in stock.  He said something of some error on the website but that they didn’t have it in.   He said the same could be said for Iron Man. 

So, I thought that they were staying true to the “August 1st “street date.  Then I thought let me hit the Fairfield NJ store to see what the story is there.  When I got there the area was quiet, no staff around.  I found the action figure aisle and turned onto it and BOOM, there was Thor!!!!!!  He was on a shelf all by his lonesome.  There were about 6 to 7 to choose from and believe me you must check them out.  Many had paint blemishes/smudges on the silver circles on his chest.  I literally checked each one before picking out the best of the lot.  We all know its good to be patient, but sometimes it’s better to be lucky. Happy hunting!!!

Target Thor 1.jpg

Target Thor 2.jpg

Ugh! Lucky you. I hit 2 Target this morning that said they both had 5 in stock but when I got to them, both had the same story: still in the back unpacked & that maybe they would be out on the shelves today or possibly tomorrow. Very frustrating! I'll give em both a call in the am to see if they're actually physically on the shelves before I waste more gas driving out there.

22 hours ago, Gigantor said:

I was able to find Guardian & Scorpion at my local Gamestop yesterday. Both figures are excellent looking & totally ol school classic! Here's a few pics I took of both of them. Scorpion blows away the Toybiz version in every category imaginable as does Guardian vs his TB version. Hasbro is just knocking these outta the park!

Great pics, Gigantor!  I haven't seen X-factor wave anywhere but that Scorpion figure is a lot of fun, definitely my favorite spider-villain figure so far this year.  (although his top-heaviness makes him a bit trickier to pose imo)

Went to Target, still no 80th and the aisle with MLs is still a mess with figures on and off pegs all over.  Just SP//DR,  bunch of starforce carols,  some clearance kree sentry figs, and the same 2 misty knights.

2 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

Great pics, Gigantor!  I haven't seen X-factor wave anywhere but that Scorpion figure is a lot of fun, definitely my favorite spider-villain figure so far this year.  (although his top-heaviness makes him a bit trickier to pose imo)

Went to Target, still no 80th and the aisle with MLs is still a mess with figures on and off pegs all over.  Just SP//DR,  bunch of starforce carols,  some clearance kree sentry figs, and the same 2 misty knights.

Amazing how Target refuses to clearance Misty Knight which has been clogging the pegs for over 3 yrs! I saw her this morning still going for $20! Female characters are a hard sell as it is, she is the #1 non selling ML female figure ever.

Came to Miami for the week and went to the Target at Dadeland Station, the toy aisle had Cyclops, Wolverine and Iceman from the vintage wave, asked one of the men working there for Thor and the Colossus vs Juggernaut 2pack, and he got me Thor from the back! 

5B71EDAC-F23C-4FE7-80EC-866362943D08.jpeg

1 hour ago, jdgi said:

Came to Miami for the week and went to the Target at Dadeland Station, the toy aisle had Cyclops, Wolverine and Iceman from the vintage wave, asked one of the men working there for Thor and the Colossus vs Juggernaut 2pack, and he got me Thor from the back! 

5B71EDAC-F23C-4FE7-80EC-866362943D08.jpeg

Did you get any of the vintage wave? I’m trying to get the DPCI numbers for those so I can check my local stores.

21 hours ago, Malocchio said:

Did you get any of the vintage wave? I’m trying to get the DPCI numbers for those so I can check my local stores.

In than Target, they had the Cyclops, Iceman and Wolverine figures, today I went to another Target and they had Dazzler and I was able to get the Colossus and Juggernaut set from the back. The retro wave I was able to buy from dorkside

05DA664E-247F-4BFC-B270-A0764B8E23BC.jpeg

I went by Target again today and saw the rep from Sat that told me all the 80th Anniversary Legends were street dated for Sunday.  I went by twice yesterday and nothing was out and no sign of a reset.  I stopped by Target again today and saw the rep from Sat so I asked him about the Legends and  asked for the DCPI’s which I had so he went in the back and came back a few minutes later and said they had them all, but the are still on the pallet on the top rack so he couldn’t pull them down and just told me to keep stopping by this week.  I stopped by another Target today and no signs of them south of Denver.

In upstate NY (Saratoga area) I've been making daily toy runs, and even during a trip to PA while visiting family I have been hitting the stores, and able to find all of these figures at Target. Thor and Colossus/Juggernaut were still in the back but the employees were very helpful about locating and fetching them for me.  

I've also seen the retro wave at my local GameStop except Storm. 

66401671_2301745316600030_7929474759107018752_n-2.jpg

66783691_947832162215104_2762880855822041088_n-2.jpg

67363039_1292487297581873_6466540105598238720_n.jpg

67406224_347668989503177_6292019315025641472_n.jpg

67468610_646570169162419_3486582673399349248_n.jpg

I have been finding the retro X-Men waves out in the wild, mostly just Gamestop and Target. I only grabbed Dazzler because Storm was missing and I already obtained Iceman at Gamestop earlier in July. The rest I did not want. I did try and buy Dazzler from Dorkside Toys when he had her listed as in stock but he never shipped her. I waited a few days and still nothing so I canceled the order since I already found her at Target. The same with Nightcrawler. He had the whole set in stock but never shipped my Nightcrawler and Mr Sinister figures I had pre-ordered and I pre-ordered those right at midnight when they went up. I found Nightcrawler on Ebay for a decent price. I got the Colossus two pack at Gamestop. All I am missing now is Storm and Mr. Sinister and Thor and Iron Man which I got those pre-ordered on Amazon. Mr. Sinister is still pre-ordered at Dorkside.

Just now, bluebee said:

dorkside gives priority to full sets so it could be a long time before your figures ship.

Thanks, I am grabbing them as I go. I don't understand Dazzler though because it was the single figure listed as in stock and nothing. It may have been an error on his site. I am just happy to get her at my local Target.