aaozz9

Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

Picked up the complete Sauron BaF from a local comic shop yesterday, and whoa what a nice figure that is. I regret not biting the bullet on those horrendous Deadpool figures last year just so I could build Sauron. Definitely one of, if not the best BaF Hasbro that has done. 

1 hour ago, SolidSnakeEyes said:

Picked up the complete Sauron BaF from a local comic shop yesterday, and whoa what a nice figure that is. I regret not biting the bullet on those horrendous Deadpool figures last year just so I could build Sauron. Definitely one of, if not the best BaF Hasbro that has done. 

That was definitely the hardest wave for me to sell myself on. I knew I wanted Sauron, but it was the first time for an X-wave that I was ambivalent-to-disappointed with a full 50% of the figures. I just didn't feel like I needed Lady Deadpool or either of those other Deadpool variants. If they had put literally any three other X-characters in instead, and called it an X-Men wave rather than Deadpool, it would've been a legendary wave. Seriously, I'd've taken Beak, Gold Balls, and Maggott.

not a haul, but I saw the Deadpool moped set today in game stop, I really liked it but passed on it, im going to watch some reviews before deciding

Last week I picked up Shuri, Rescue, and Beta Ray Bill at GameStop. This week so far i found Scorpion also at GameStop. Still no Exclusive Cap in my neck of the woods. 

I saw that the Legendary Riders Moped Deadpool was on clearance at Target. This may not be company wide, but if anyone is interested it might be worth a look.

At EB I saw that they finally had Professor X and not just one, looks like he's finally making his rounds here in Canada, since I had not seen him before

So far, I'm not suffering after cancelling all my pre-orders except the Hulk set.

As a matter of fact according to the shipping update I received yesterday, my Beta Ray Bill should arrive today. Still waiting for shipping confirmation on Loki, and I'll be ordering Rock Python and Union Jack this afternoon.

If there's any other buyers from Mexico, Amazon has the Wendigo and vintage X-Men waves online.

Finally put in my order for Rock Python and Union Jack from Pulse, thus getting the last two of the only four figures from the wave I'm interested in.

Hit Target in North Little Rock yesterday afternoon. Pickings were pretty slim as they appear to be gearing up for a big reset. Did find a Star Force Carol, left it.

Dropped by the Maumelle Walmart after dinner. A little better, but nothing I needed. Usual mix of Captain Marvel, Endgame, and Ant-Man and the Wasp left overs along with a fair amount of Worthy Caps.

I did snag a copy of Howard the Duck while rummaging through the "$3.74" DVD bin. Sure, it ain't an action figure (Hasbro get on that), but it IS one of my all-time FAVORITE 80s flicks, so we'll call the day a win.

On 7/5/2019 at 12:01 AM, Starlord67 said:

The Prof. X is an awesome figure and a great addition to one's collection!

Some might have some issues with Hasbro Pulse but I am not one.  On the 4th of July I noticed that the Professor X with hover chair was back in stock on their site. I gobbled one up and was looking for an email on Friday to see if/when it would be shipped.  Didn't get one but on Saturday, Charles Xavier arrived.  Starlord67 is right, this figure is really sweet, photos don't really do it justice.  Bonus, my shadow King is now complete!

During another futile attempt to find Worthy Captain America at Walmart I was at least able to pick up another Beast figure from the Caliban wave.

The aisle only had the Beast I grabbed plus Forge remaining, but it shows that they have stocked something new.

I got the full case a while ago from Dork Side Toys, but I told myself if I saw Beast in the wild I’d pick up a second one to go along with my classic Avengers display.

2184C490-67D8-4140-9835-8108EB40E64C.jpeg

Loki arrived today. Gotta say, it's a little bare-bones, but I like it. Now if they's just get around to shipping 'Jack and 'Python I'd be set.

Checked my local Targer, they had the Kree Sentry wave marked down to $10 (not the Starforce Cap exclusive, tho).  I heard some Targets had marked down the X-Men waves and Sp // Dr wave similarly, and that Deadpool scooter was $20.  Mine didn't have any x-men or DP scooter but the Sp//dr figs were regular price.

Went to Gamestop, got Hydro Man and VW wave 2 Wasp for the buy one, get 50% off sale. Not a huge discount as it works to about $18 per figure after tax. but still . The other option i was considering was Bossk but i'm trying to resist getting too much into black series collecting for financial reasons.

Walmart was pretty bare - 7 figures on the pegs including one Songbird and one Proxima Midnight.  They are all about ToyStory4 and Lion King right now.

its not a figure, but I got the endgame poster today when I went to watch Spider-Man FFH! its pretty cool, gotta get it framed

Dorkside toys has a bunch of the 80th anniv stuff up for preorder, i imagine other e-tailers do as well or will shortly.

On Dorkside they've got listings for Thor, Iron Man, Korg/Grandmaster,  Ghost/Luis, Colossus/Juggs.

Also i ordered the Korg set from Barnes and Noble yesterday, free shipping plus they had a 15% off coupon on the site if you are ordering from a new email address, so it ended up at $42 before tax.  

Kinda took me by surprise, but the Captain America Bike Set is live on Pulse.

Wasn't really planning on pulling the trigger on anything else this week, but I really wanted that set, so I jumped on it.

Just picked up Doppleganger at GameStop and used the BOGO to pick up a new Black Series figure. DG ain’t that bad in-hand. I think it’s better than the six-arm Spider-Man, that’s for sure.

23 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

Checked my local Targer, they had the Kree Sentry wave marked down to $10 (not the Starforce Cap exclusive, tho).  I heard some Targets had marked down the X-Men waves and Sp // Dr wave similarly, and that Deadpool scooter was $20.  Mine didn't have any x-men or DP scooter but the Sp//dr figs were regular price.

I noticed that too.  I scanned the Nick Fury and it came up $10.  Didn't bother to scan the Starforce Cap, but it did have a clearance sticker indicating the $10 price.  Took Fury and Cap to the register and the Cap rang up $20, but the cashier did a price adjustment.  Now I realize that perhaps they put the clearance sticker on it by mistake.

On another note, my 1st 10 Years 3-pack (Iron Man, Thanos, Dr. Strange) came today.  Ordered it from Pulse.  Overall, pretty happy with it, but the angry Thanos head had his  eyes painted too low on the head.  I really hate Hasbro's quality control.  I don't mind so much any paint mishaps on the body of the figures.  The only thing that I'm super OCD about are the eyes.  I have to have good eyes on my figures.  It can make or break the entire look of a figure.  The neutral face turned out OK, but really bummed that the angry head is off like that.  Totally, regret not picking it up when I would see the set at Target.  This is why I don't like ordering figures online.  It's almost enough to make me want to return it, but who knows if the replacement they send will have both heads with wonky eyes.  I am even debating if I should try to repaint the eyes and try to fix it, but I've never done such a thing.

I had to return and re-buy a Shuri figure for the exact same issue.  I didn't notice her right eye was off until I came home and took a 2nd look at it.

Super Angry, my local EB got a full re-stock of Caliban Wave and Far From Home Wave, some dude came in moments before me and bought the Beast!, Mysterio and Scorpion , I just can't get that Beast for MSRP it seems ever , but nice to know Canadian EB Games are getting some good re-stocking done, and first time i've seen Jubilee in the wild