Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

Regarding the Iron Man / Spider-Man 2 pack. I guess I don’t get it: these were supposed to be released on the 28 th both online and in stores but according  to targer.com, online is sold out and brickseek says every store within 150 miles is not in stock. 

Yet, people say they were able to pre order or are finding them on shelves. I had been checking online at target.com for days before the 28th and it said coming soon. Then immediately to sold out. Brickseek went from 0 to out of stock. 

Where was the pre order? Must have been a very small window to order. Are the target exclusives becoming impossible to find like Wal-Mart? Or do I just need to exercise patience? 

19 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Regarding the Iron Man / Spider-Man 2 pack. I guess I don’t get it: these were supposed to be released on the 28 th both online and in stores but according  to targer.com, online is sold out and brickseek says every store within 150 miles is not in stock. 

Yet, people say they were able to pre order or are finding them on shelves. I had been checking online at target.com for days before the 28th and it said coming soon. Then immediately to sold out. Brickseek went from 0 to out of stock. 

Where was the pre order? Must have been a very small window to order. Are the target exclusives becoming impossible to find like Wal-Mart? Or do I just need to exercise patience? 

I don't know about the pre-order online thing.  But I stayed up until almost 1 am on the 28th, and when I woke up at 7 am the website said out of stock.  I got my set at my local Target, which was labeled as in-stock both on Target.com and on BrickSeek, but they only had 3 sets total.  By the time I got home, 20 min later or so, both BrickSeek and Target.com said my local store was out of stock.  

Payment went through for Wendigo and Retro Wave figures, as well as 80th Thor and Iron Man.  Hopefully shipping confirmations will follow soon.  Still waiting on Hulk from BBTS, but it looks like Colossus and Juggernaut will arrive tomorrow from Target.com.  Great time to be a collector, not so gentle on the ol' wallet though.  

Finally! Hit my nearest Target store an hr ago & to my shock, there were 6 Ironman & 6 Thor 80th anniv figs on the shelf! I examined all 12 & picked the 2 best of the bunch. I also snagged a lone Nightcrawler fig that was on the pegs as well. My 1 nitpick with Ironman is why didn't they give him swivel open hands & instead they're fixed in that outward position. Wish he'd come with an extra set of relaxed open hands as well. All the Thors seemed to have a bit of silver from the disks bleeding onto the black portion of his chest, I got the one with the least  amount & will just brush some Black on the silver bits to fix it up. Thor should have come with an alternate " For Asgard" yelling/gritted teeth head & a pair of fist instead of just one, he does on occasion use both dukes to punch out his enemies. I'll post some pics of both tomorrow as I got a 12hr work shift today & don't get off till 7am in the morn.  Nightcrawler looks very good as well. I saw an Iceman at GS , but that line running down the center of his face makes him a no buy for me. Hopefully Hasbro fixes that or releases him later in the yr or next yr with a corrected head sculpt & open hands in a 3 pack with Spidey & Firestar.

1 hour ago, McHogan said:

Hasbro needs to calm down and let production catch up to demand.

Desirable product (Storm, IronMan/IronSpider two pack) will remain sold out, never to be found in stores or online, while lesser desirable products will linger on shelves, ultimately getting discounted, then the Corporate Buyers won't want to order future products for fear of having to discount it.

Collectors get frustrated. Stuff we want is unobtainable, and other stuff we paid $50 $60 for gets discounted.

EVERYBODY LOSES !

Let me try to explain.  Over the past three days, I have seen in various Targets:    Infinity War Iron Man Mark 50 & Iron Spider Two-Pack,  Colossus & Juggernaut, Hela & Skurge, Grandmaster & Korg, and Ghost & Luis

That’s $260 !  Who has $260 in their wallet for toys ?!?!?!?

I need to keep $25 or so at all times, in case I ever see a Storm.  And I really want that 80th Hulk, he is priority over all the above.  So, yes, I probably should have grabbed the IronMan/IronSpider pack when I first saw it.  But with everything coming at once, I have to try and prioritize.

I wouldn’t have this problem if these were spaced out better.  I would absolutely buy Ghost & Luis for $50, but by the time I get down my prioritized list to that 2 pack, it will be LONG gone.

This is too stressful; I have put my other collections on hold so that I always have cash-on-hand for Marvel Legends, because they disappear and are never seen again.   I have over 200 Marvel Legends;  I think I need to just enjoy the ones I have, and consider any future purchases as bonus figures.  Trying to prioritize is no longer working.

After hearing reports from others about finding X-force/Vintage/80th stuff at Target, figured i would swing by my local and lo and behold they had all of vintage wave and most of x-force (except X-force wolvie and cannonball)!  Grabbed my top wants- Nightcrawler and Storm.   Would've picked up more but as mars396 pointed out, gotta prioritize right now with so much product coming all at once.  

1 hour ago, mars396 said:

Hasbro needs to calm down and let production catch up to demand.

Desirable product (Storm, IronMan/IronSpider two pack) will remain sold out, never to be found in stores or online, while lesser desirable products will linger on shelves, ultimately getting discounted, then the Corporate Buyers won't want to order future products for fear of having to discount it.

Collectors get frustrated. Stuff we want is unobtainable, and other stuff we paid $50 $60 for gets discounted.

EVERYBODY LOSES !

Let me try to explain.  Over the past three days, I have seen in various Targets:    Infinity War Iron Man Mark 50 & Iron Spider Two-Pack,  Colossus & Juggernaut, Hela & Skurge, Grandmaster & Korg, and Ghost & Luis

That’s $260 !  Who has $260 in their wallet for toys ?!?!?!?

I need to keep $25 or so at all times, in case I ever see a Storm.  And I really want that 80th Hulk, he is priority over all the above.  So, yes, I probably should have grabbed the IronMan/IronSpider pack when I first saw it.  But with everything coming at once, I have to try and prioritize.

I wouldn’t have this problem if these were spaced out better.  I would absolutely buy Ghost & Luis for $50, but by the time I get down my prioritized list to that 2 pack, it will be LONG gone.

This is too stressful; I have put my other collections on hold so that I always have cash-on-hand for Marvel Legends, because they disappear and are never seen again.   I have over 200 Marvel Legends;  I think I need to just enjoy the ones I have, and consider any future purchases as bonus figures.  Trying to prioritize is no longer working.

I hear you, FOMO is a huge issue with collecting MLs , even beyond the urgency we sometimes feel to get something when it first comes out.   That said, if you have any gamestops near you that is probably best bet for Hulk pack.  While i like all the 80th sets I limited myself to getting Korg/Grandmaster for now, and likewise had to limit myself to just my top priority from x-force and vintage waves for now, even though a lot of the other figures in those waves looked great.

Given their success, i don't see Hasbro slowing down much in the near future, so "prioritize and cherry pick" is gonna be the name of the game for me.

5 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

Looks like Pulse is finally processing payment on my card this morning!  This is for both the vintage X-Men wave and the Wendigo wave.

Ditto.  I checked the Hasbro Pulse site this morning and saw the payment status of my Wendigo wave, X-Men retro, and Hulk/Wolverine 2-Pk orders changed from authorized to paid.  I then looked at my credit card account and found the pending charges.  It won't be long before those multiple packages hit my front door.  All that glorious X-Men plastic!!!!!!!

13 minutes ago, darknight86 said:

Ditto.  I checked the Hasbro Pulse site this morning and saw the payment status of my Wendigo wave, X-Men retro, and Hulk/Wolverine 2-Pk orders changed from authorized to paid.  I then looked at my credit card account and found the pending charges.  It won't be long before those multiple packages hit my front door.  All that glorious X-Men plastic!!!!!!!

wow thats a lot of action figure goodness.  I hear they often send out figures in individual packages, let us know if they pack them together or if you end up with like a dozen boxes waiting for you.

2 hours ago, mars396 said:

I think I need to just enjoy the ones I have, and consider any future purchases as bonus figures.  Trying to prioritize is no longer working.

I'm thinking about slowing down myself too. I have too much already, maybe I should only get what's absolutely new, or just too cool.

5 hours ago, greenlucario said:

I don't know about the pre-order online thing.  But I stayed up until almost 1 am on the 28th, and when I woke up at 7 am the website said out of stock.  I got my set at my local Target, which was labeled as in-stock both on Target.com and on BrickSeek, but they only had 3 sets total.  By the time I got home, 20 min later or so, both BrickSeek and Target.com said my local store was out of stock.  

Well that blows. The general consensus was that Target exclusives were easy to snag but between this pack and the Spider-Man / MJ packs, neither of which I ever saw in stores, I’m getting quite annoyed.

i see that the Spidey/ MJ pack can be ordered and shipped from Target.com again after months of being sold out so I’m sure the iron Man Spidey 2 pack will be available again, just may have to wait months to get them

3 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

wow thats a lot of action figure goodness.  I hear they often send out figures in individual packages, let us know if they pack them together or if you end up with like a dozen boxes waiting for you.

Will do, if I get multiple boxes there will be a whole lot of recycling going on. 😉

7 hours ago, SolidSnakeEyes said:

Just scored the new Riders WWII Cap at the neighboring Barnes & Noble.

CEDE6998-EDED-47C4-AFF5-FB96040D4F54.jpeg

Have you opened the set?  I’ve ordered most of the 80th Anniversary Legends online, but held off on this one.  I want to see it in person before deciding if it is a must have.  I’m really torn because I love the bike, but not crazy about the figure.  I would have pulled the trigger had it been the Captain America from the Amazon 2 pack with Peggy Carter.  I’ve seen pics with the head swap and this Captain America has a long neck which doesn’t look good with the Chris Evans head even though I understand this set is not from the MCU.    

9 hours ago, CO_Alex said:

Have you opened the set?  I’ve ordered most of the 80th Anniversary Legends online, but held off on this one.  I want to see it in person before deciding if it is a must have.  I’m really torn because I love the bike, but not crazy about the figure.  I would have pulled the trigger had it been the Captain America from the Amazon 2 pack with Peggy Carter.  I’ve seen pics with the head swap and this Captain America has a long neck which doesn’t look good with the Chris Evans head even though I understand this set is not from the MCU.    

No I haven’t, though I will soon. I actually preferred this set over the MCU one, and doubt I’ll get the other unless I find it cheap. I’ve always been a sucker for Cap in his WWII BDU.