Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

Just got back from hunting around. went to target to see if they had anything new yet and to my amazement they had the whole Caliban wave! Grabbed beast and was thinking about getting gambit but I've seen him around a bit so held out. Super stoked about beast. Didn't think id ever see him in store and under 20 bucks, $19.39. They also had a bunch of the homecoming two packs with MJ in it. nothing new yet but the stocker said that there's a reset on Thursday for all the new stuff. I think they have the new 80 year figures hiding in the back. going back on Thursday to check it out.

C9fr25Pl.jpg

I also went by gamestop and they still have a few rescues in stock. still haven't picked her up yet. they also had an arc angle a Colossus & Juggernaut 2-Pack and a Luis & Ghost 2 Pack as well as some of the second retro wave carded figs. no classic storm though. I'm hopping target will have her on Thursday. They did have the punkish storm. never seen her in store before. I just got 2 of her for pretty cheap so don't need her anymore.

0e1p74Kl.jpg

pWfOBgll.jpg

Xq4QZoal.jpg

stopped by Walmart last and they actually had a pretty good selection as well. Almost all of the Caliban wave except for beast was there. And the wasp figures that have been collecting dust are finally marked down to 9 bucks. picked her up as well. didn't want to get her earlier because i knew a markdown was coming soon. Keep searching your local targets right now cause there getting some good stuff in. Good huntin everyone!

RaoZEoYl.jpg

BrvSixjl.jpg

all were found in Yuba city California.

On 8/2/2019 at 11:18 PM, CO_Alex said:

I am going to try to swing by a Barnes and Noble this weekend to see if I can see it in person.  Where did you find it or did you order it online?  

I ordered it online, I'm at Mexico, we don't have that many options for retail... not that I'd be able to hunt there. Adulting is hard and time consuming.

1 hour ago, Kindo said:

Just got back from hunting around. went to target to see if they had anything new yet and to my amazement they had the whole Caliban wave! Grabbed beast and was thinking about getting gambit but I've seen him around a bit so held out. Super stoked about beast. Didn't think id ever see him in store and under 20 bucks, $19.39. They also had a bunch of the homecoming two packs with MJ in it. nothing new yet but the stocker said that there's a reset on Thursday for all the new stuff. I think they have the new 80 year figures hiding in the back. going back on Thursday to check it out.

C9fr25Pl.jpg

I also went by gamestop and they still have a few rescues in stock. still haven't picked her up yet. they also had an arc angle a Colossus & Juggernaut 2-Pack and a Luis & Ghost 2 Pack as well as some of the second retro wave carded figs. no classic storm though. I'm hopping target will have her on Thursday. They did have the punkish storm. never seen her in store before. I just got 2 of her for pretty cheap so don't need her anymore.

0e1p74Kl.jpg

pWfOBgll.jpg

Xq4QZoal.jpg

stopped by Walmart last and they actually had a pretty good selection as well. Almost all of the Caliban wave except for beast was there. And the wasp figures that have been collecting dust are finally marked down to 9 bucks. picked her up as well. didn't want to get her earlier because i knew a markdown was coming soon. Keep searching your local targets right now cause there getting some good stuff in. Good huntin everyone!

RaoZEoYl.jpg

BrvSixjl.jpg

all were found in Yuba city California.

that awesome, grats on the beast! I still haven't got it, and yea, youd like gambit im sure but It seems theyre getting easier to find.

must be nice to see a new wave like that in stores lol

2 minutes ago, michiganjfrog said:

that awesome, grats on the beast! I still haven't got it, and yea, youd like gambit im sure but It seems theyre getting easier to find.

must be nice to see a new wave like that in stores lol

Right! i have never seen a whole wave in store before. I hope it's a trend. now if I could find the new Emma Frost at Walgreens.

13 minutes ago, BradMan said:

I saw 4/6 of the X-Men Retro Wave at Target in New Albany, Indiana.  They had already sold Storm and Silver Samurai.   

so what does everyone think ?  Will there be a restock ?

Or will Storm be like so many others I never saw - stocked once, sold out before I can get one, and then gone forever ?

36 minutes ago, mars396 said:

Or will Storm be like so many others I never saw - stocked once, sold out before I can get one, and then gone forever ?

I dunno, i think the fact that target is carrying the wave increases the chance we'll see it get restocked at least once.  VW wave 2 seemed like a fan channel exclusive wave for all intents and purposes. But she is gonna be the 1st to go when a new case is put out, too bad she's not double packed since its just 1 of each fig per case.   

58 minutes ago, mars396 said:

56 minutes ago, bluebee said:

gone forever.  hasbro doesn't change.

It's entirely up to the stores. Hasbro keeps making more until (pre-)sales dry up, but most big box stores don't really care about their toy departments and have a tendency to order non-evergreen action figures only when they first release. The perceived shortage of product is a supply-chain issue. Consumers are overwhelmingly trying to buy from the suppliers who least have their fingers on the pulse of the industry, which sends bad signals to Hasbro about whether or not to keep producing.

Entertainment Earth, a major mover of Hasbro product, both as a retailer and a wholesaler, continues to get restocks from Hasbro often up to nearly a year out, which means smaller stores who order from them (or other similar wholesalers) are able to keep restocking, and are more likely to notice they need to. The problem there? Again, consumers primarily look for these products at Target, Walmart, etc. And if they're not looking at smaller stores, those stores aren't selling the volume necessary to sell the less popular figures, which means it's often not financially feasible for them to restock full waves. Retailers need to sell 6 of the 8 figures in a case at MSRP to break even. Thank god for single-figure cases, but those usually don't ship until a few months after release, so retailers really have to be sure about a figure's popularity before pulling the trigger there either.

It's a really, really broken industry, but the best thing we--as consumers--can do to fix it is to support specialized retailers, whether brick-and-mortar or online (including Hasbro Pulse), so Hasbro gets better information about demand. Hell, even Amazon is probably better, since they restock regularly. If 90% of sales are going through channels that just don't bother restocking, it's no wonder everything's selling out through preorders. Hasbro thinks there's a 90% drop-off in demand after release; or rather, they think they nailed it and don't need to produce more.

To leave with one final example of how messed up the supply chain is here, I hear people complain from time to time that they weren't ever able to find Jim Lee Cyclops when it was around. But I was able to order cases of the Warlock wave from my store's distributors as recently as March of this year. So, for two years, nobody could find Cyclops when there were cases of that wave just collecting dust in wholesaler warehouses.

44 minutes ago, Benn said:

It's entirely up to the stores. Hasbro keeps making more until (pre-)sales dry up, but most big box stores don't really care about their toy departments and have a tendency to order non-evergreen action figures only when they first release. The perceived shortage of product is a supply-chain issue. Consumers are overwhelmingly trying to buy from the suppliers who least have their fingers on the pulse of the industry, which sends bad signals to Hasbro about whether or not to keep producing.

Entertainment Earth, a major mover of Hasbro product, both as a retailer and a wholesaler, continues to get restocks from Hasbro often up to nearly a year out, which means smaller stores who order from them (or other similar wholesalers) are able to keep restocking, and are more likely to notice they need to. The problem there? Again, consumers primarily look for these products at Target, Walmart, etc. And if they're not looking at smaller stores, those stores aren't selling the volume necessary to sell the less popular figures, which means it's often not financially feasible for them to restock full waves. Retailers need to sell 6 of the 8 figures in a case at MSRP to break even. Thank god for single-figure cases, but those usually don't ship until a few months after release, so retailers really have to be sure about a figure's popularity before pulling the trigger there either.

It's a really, really broken industry, but the best thing we--as consumers--can do to fix it is to support specialized retailers, whether brick-and-mortar or online (including Hasbro Pulse), so Hasbro gets better information about demand. Hell, even Amazon is probably better, since they restock regularly. If 90% of sales are going through channels that just don't bother restocking, it's no wonder everything's selling out through preorders. Hasbro thinks there's a 90% drop-off in demand after release; or rather, they think they nailed it and don't need to produce more.

To leave with one final example of how messed up the supply chain is here, I hear people complain from time to time that they weren't ever able to find Jim Lee Cyclops when it was around. But I was able to order cases of the Warlock wave from my store's distributors as recently as March of this year. So, for two years, nobody could find Cyclops when there were cases of that wave just collecting dust in wholesaler warehouses.

This is incredibly insightful and educated. Worth the read. 

55 minutes ago, Benn said:

I still see plenty of Polaris, Sunfire, Shatterstar, Dazzler (Warlock BaF), and Old Man Logan on the pegs, everywhere I go, TWO YEARS LATER, yet no Colossus nor Cyclops from that wave.  They need to fix case ratios, or allow ordering of single characters.  A case of just Cyclops (no bomber jacket), Storm (white outfit), and Rogue will sell.   Hasbro sells more product.  Retailers sell more items.  Collectors get the figures we want.  Everybody wins. 

Just now, mars396 said:

I still see plenty of Polaris, Sunfire, Shatterstar, Dazzler (Warlock BaF), and Old Man Logan on the pegs, everywhere I go, TWO YEARS LATER, yet no Colossus nor Cyclops from that wave.  They need to fix case ratios, or allow ordering of single characters.  A case of just Cyclops (no bomber jacket), Storm (white outfit), and Rogue will sell out.  

They've been asked about it in interviews, and they claim there really is no way of know which figures will pegwarm or sell out. They read around and try their best to fulfil the demand as best they can, but as with any and every market, it's a toss up. Your assumption of a case of Cyclops, Storm, or Rogue selling out is just as good as theirs of not. And chances are, if they do sell out it'll be because scalpers bought the whole case for resale. Because that's how they roll.

4 minutes ago, memocromatico said:

They've been asked about it in interviews, and they claim there really is no way of know which figures will pegwarm or sell out. They read around and try their best to fulfil the demand as best they can, but as with any and every market, it's a toss up. Your assumption of a case of Cyclops, Storm, or Rogue selling out is just as good as theirs of not. And chances are, if they do sell out it'll be because scalpers bought the whole case for resale. Because that's how they roll.

Come on now,

Everyone (but Hasbro) knew Cyclops would be the popular figure in the Warlock wave.

Everyone (but Hasbro) knew Mysterio would be the popular figure in the Lizard wave.

Everyone (but Hasbro) knew no one wanted Six Arm Spider-Man

Everyone (but Hasbro) knew Beast was THE figure to get.

and apparently, everyone (but Hasbro) knew Storm would be 20 times more popular than any other figure in the VIntage X-Men wave.

I betcha I will never ever see Nightcrawler nor Mr. Sinister neither.  Everyone (but Hasbro) knows  those are the two to get in the Wendigo wave.

1 hour ago, mars396 said:

Come on now,

Everyone (but Hasbro) knew Cyclops would be the popular figure in the Warlock wave.

Everyone (but Hasbro) knew Mysterio would be the popular figure in the Lizard wave.

and apparently, everyone (but Hasbro) knew Storm would be 20 times more popular than any other figure in the VIntage X-Men wave.

I betcha I will never ever see Nightcrawler nor Mr. Sinister neither.  Everyone (but Hasbro) knows  those are the two to get in the Wendigo wave.

Again, that's what it appears like from your perspective, but business-wise I don't know how it really plays out.

Cyclops, Mysterio, Beast have all been restocked at least once in cases full of each. I got all of those when that happened about 6 months after their release (Beast was a little over a month), so I'm sure it's all about being patient.

I've gotten all the figures you've mentioned at $20-$25 except Mr. Sinister and 6-arm Spidey because I'm not collecting them, but I did have the chance to. 

Although, I guess if I'm being fair, I've gotten most online or at pre-sales. 

Storm will most likely be restocked. i think she might be hiding in the back of my local target right now. i will find out on Thursday what they have. I think the beast i got was just restocked so it's all about timing. Sucks there's not more of them to go around but they wouldn't sell out as quick if there were and i'm guessing hasbro likes that. would like to get a chance to see them in store before there gone. would be nice. But i haven't given up on storm yet. shes not going to be another rogue for me. hopefully not anyway.  lol!

On 8/3/2019 at 3:58 PM, joenubb said:

I am loving this set but the only problem for me is Colossus' left hip is loose right out of the box. How is yours? 

And has anyone else this situation with Colossus?

Mine seems fine, actually the joints are almost too tight, I've been kind of afraid to break him.  My only complaint at this point is Colossus' feet seem kind of small, and there's no upward movement to try to counter the figure's top heave nature.

On 8/4/2019 at 12:12 AM, darknight86 said:

I had been checking the status of my Hasbro Pulse orders since I had confirmed that they extracted payment from my credit card.   The status showed paid but unfulfilled .  When I got home for work to my surprise, 2 out of my 5 orders had arrived!!!!  HELLO KURT WAGNER and  MR SINISTER.  The boys are magnificent.  This is now the second time that I have not received any notification from HP that my orders were on their way.  I'm not one to complain since I receive their shipments quickly but I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this as well.  Also, I ordered these two guys together but HP keeps sending them in separate boxes.  Why???

Hasbro Bounty.jpg

Yeah this happened with Scorpion earlier this year.  But it happened to me again with this wave.  I got Kurt and Sinister as well as Cannonball and Wolverine, all four showed up with no ship notification, until yesterday (Sunday) one day after they arrived.  Makes me wonder if my vintage wave figures have shipped or not, with this in mind.

4 hours ago, mars396 said:

I still see plenty of Polaris, Sunfire, Shatterstar, Dazzler (Warlock BaF), and Old Man Logan on the pegs, everywhere I go, TWO YEARS LATER, yet no Colossus nor Cyclops from that wave.  They need to fix case ratios, or allow ordering of single characters.  A case of just Cyclops (no bomber jacket), Storm (white outfit), and Rogue will sell.   Hasbro sells more product.  Retailers sell more items.  Collectors get the figures we want.  Everybody wins. 

You can order single figures.  You just need to either get on Hasbro Pulse at the release and get the one(s) you want most.  Or try to go into GameStop and do the same thing, as soon as pre-orders open on their site.  If you live in a place that's anywhere like I do, and it seems like you do, this is not a brick and hobby anymore, and you might need to supplement your hunt with online orders.  It's the only thing that's worked for me. 

4 hours ago, mars396 said:

Come on now,

Okay, now this is getting a bit ridiculous.

-Yes to Cyclops, but they've re-released the figure (sort of) in the upcoming 3 pack.

-True Mysterio is popular, but for some reason Gwenpool was really popular around the non-action figure community, not an easy call.  They remedied this with straight re-release cases of Mysterio and Spidey Noir at places like BBTS and EE.  

-Yeah you're way off base there, as a Spider-Man collector first and foremost, I wanted a Six Armed Spidey, just would have liked a better one, and it didn't hurt anyone since it didn't even have a BAF piece. 

- I'd agree to disagree again.  Gambit is a very popular X-Men character, I mean would you have wanted to sacrifice one other figure from the wave for Beast and Gambit to get double packed? That's the only way Hasbro could have made that work.  

-Nightcrawler is double packed, so vigilance should pay off there, the same should be true for Sinister...with time. 

Again I really recommend you pre-order select figures, since you're right there are some that seem like they will sell out fast, or maybe there are just ones you want more than others.