aaozz9

Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

1 minute ago, SolidSnakeEyes said:

So is anyone seeing the 80th Cap show up at Target? Apparently some folks have found it there, despite that it was/is a Walmart exclusive. I've ran the DPCI through Target's system and it identifies it but it's not in stock anywhere around me.

What’s the DPCI?

18 minutes ago, Malocchio said:

What’s the DPCI?

DePartment Class and Item. It's the number of registry for every figure, part of their Universal Product Code (UPC) which can be entered at every Stock Keeping Unit (SKU) in every store. 

16 minutes ago, memocromatico said:

DePartment Class and Item. It's the number of registry for every figure, part of their Universal Product Code (UPC) which can be entered at every Stock Keeping Unit (SKU) in every store. 

Thank you! I just meant the actual number though. 🙂

1 hour ago, SolidSnakeEyes said:

So is anyone seeing the 80th Cap show up at Target? Apparently some folks have found it there, despite that it was/is a Walmart exclusive. I've ran the DPCI through Target's system and it identifies it but it's not in stock anywhere around me.

Color me intrigued. I also had a store run the DPCI in their system at customer service and it identifies it perfectly as 80th Cap, but no info in their system, not even a price.

Target does not list it on their site and brickseek shows product “N/A” when using 087-16-0463. However both Walmart’s site and brickseek have the figure listed accurately in description, images and pricing, for Walmart.

While there certainly is a first time for everything, in my decades of collecting, I can never recall a Walmart exclusive also showing up at Target so as such, I’m quite skeptical of this figure actually being available at Target. It would of course be much more ideal than just Walmart solely getting the figure but I’m not holding my breath. The only thing that will convince me is a clear picture of the figure and the receipt, proving it was purchased at Target.

16 minutes ago, CobraSaboteur87 said:

Color me intrigued. I also had a store run the DPCI in their system at customer service and it identifies it perfectly as 80th Cap, but no info in their system, not even a price.

Target does not list it on their site and brickseek shows product “N/A” when using 087-16-0463. However both Walmart’s site and brickseek have the figure listed accurately in description, images and pricing, for Walmart.

While there certainly is a first time for everything, in my decades of collecting, I can never recall a Walmart exclusive also showing up at Target so as such, I’m quite skeptical of this figure actually being available at Target. It would of course be much more ideal than just Walmart solely getting the figure but I’m not holding my breath. The only thing that will convince me is a clear picture of the figure and the receipt, proving it was purchased at Target.

Here is a screen shot I’ve taken from an IG post (_rektangular's) that supposedly shows the figure and Target receipt. Note that the item listed as "Hasbro" is what is supposed to be 80th Cap, while the other item is clearly listed as "THR", or Thor. Is it possible that someone "returned" one or more 80th Caps to one or more Target stores, knowing they'd match in the system? I don't know how plausible that is. I agree that it's unlikely for what is supposed to be a Walmart exclusive to show up at Target, too, and I'm not sure which is more believable. I mean, we've definitely seen supposed exclusives become non-exclusives, but not only has this been completely unmentioned, but it doesn't seem like Walmart's style to share. Also...was it ever 100% confirmed that 80th Cap is/was a Walmart exclusive? I recall there being a lot of confusion about that.

CBDE9873-A89E-4091-BE7A-F98BE4BF7470.png

Midtown Comics, Manhattan NYC

Yep.  Everyone but Storm.  

This is Warlock Cyclops all over again.  I will never see a Storm in a store.  Storm is sold out online everywhere. I will never own this particular Storm. 

Maybe in three years she'll get re-released in an impossible to acquire three pack wearing a stupid bomber jacket.  

0725191740b.jpg

17 minutes ago, mars396 said:

This is Warlock Cyclops all over again.  I will never see a Storm in a store.  Storm is sold out online everywhere. I will never own this particular Storm. 

Maybe in three years she'll get re-released in an impossible to acquire three pack wearing a stupid bomber jacket.  

0725191740b.jpg

Well at least you're not bitter.

Seriously though, you'll find it, it'll just take a little patience and work. To date, I've never failed to find a Marvel Legends figure I wanted. I've occasionally had to pay a SMALL mark-up, but the point is I found them. I don't see Storm being any different.

19 minutes ago, mars396 said:

0725191740b.jpg

Do you ONLY buy in stores? Because I'm sure the wave will warrant several "pressings" and restocks. I'm sure it's harder if you only shop in stores, but you could try talking to some employees and ask them to help you out when or if it arrives. 

Do you even enjoy this hobby anymore? Every post I see from you is a complaint.

2 minutes ago, memocromatico said:

Can't really fault the man for that. QC issues, distribution, scalpers, shop-lifters, retailer indifference, unseen exclusives; this hobby can really wear you down, I don't care who you are. After Mattel put a taint on the whole dang thing with their sub-scam back in the day, I literally had to walk away for a little over a year.

11 minutes ago, mako said:

Well at least you're not bitter.

Seriously though, you'll find it, it'll just take a little patience and work. To date, I've never failed to find a Marvel Legends figure I wanted. I've occasionally had to pay a SMALL mark-up, but the point is I found them. I don't see Storm being any different.

Nope. Never found Warlock wave Cyclops.  

2 minutes ago, mars396 said:

Nope. Never found Warlock wave Cyclops.  

I believe that's one of the waves I had to break down and buy a case for. Sometimes its just a matter of how bad you want it.

11 minutes ago, memocromatico said:

I used to. I guess I shouldn't post unless I have happy news.  

6 minutes ago, mako said:

Can't really fault the man for that. QC issues, distribution, scalpers, shop-lifters, retailer indifference, unseen exclusives; this hobby can really wear you down, I don't care who you are. After Mattel put a taint on the whole dang thing with their sub-scam back in the day, I literally had to walk away for a little over a year.

Yeah, that's why I'm asking. I hope I didn't sound mean or anything. I know how stressful this hobby can get, I can relate, I've been having a hard time with both Endgame Cap and Corvus Glaive and neither have given a glimpse of even coming to my country. But I keep enjoying everything else that comes out. If I didn't... why would I keep doing this? For mental health I'd probably walk away for a while, at least.

1 minute ago, mars396 said:

I used to. I guess I shouldn't post unless I have happy news.  

That's not what I meant, man, I'm sorry it came out like that. I wish I could help you out getting the figures you can't find, but shipping would be the death of it. For the moment, I'd recommend looking online or in secondary markets. I'm sure that Warlock wave Cyclops is about to take a dip in aftermarket prices. Good luck and I hope you find your Storm.

For what its worth, I actually prefer the Fatigue-Jacket Cyclops. Having him coming in a 3-pack with Jean and Wolverine is pure gravy. So its like memocromatico says, enjoy what you can find.

27 minutes ago, memocromatico said:

Good luck and I hope you find your Storm.

Thanks.  I spent my entire last weekend driving to every Gamestop I could, armed with their own website indicating she was in stock at that store.  Only to hear the same thing over and over:  Sorry. Presold. 

I am bitter because I know we are going to see Muramasa blade Wolverines and Bomber Jacket Dazzlers clogging the pegs for months, maybe years, and the one figure any one who knows anything about Marvel Legends would realize is wanted is even packed.  Drives me insane.  Juggernaut wave Deadpool.   Mysterio.  Beast.  Anyone with half a brain would know to double or even triple pack these.  But no.  

This whole concept of pre sold out gets me going.   Just make enough, and we will buy them!!!!

Screenshot_2019-07-25-19-13-14.png

Anyone have the SKN number (TRU Canada) for the Iron Man/Iron Spider Man 2 pack?  It was up on it's site but I missed out on it.  Now it's not there anymore so I don't know the SKN number to use to call up stores to ask if they'll get more.

Thanks,

1 hour ago, mars396 said:

0725191740b.jpg

That wave has been on shelves for what, 3 weeks tops? With how much of them are showing up as of now, I feel confident that wave will eventually saturate. The last X-wave was that way. It's just going to take some time.

4 hours ago, mars396 said:

Do you have a Think Geek near you?  A sister company or subsidiary to GameStop, they focus more on action figures.  They have been getting replenished on both the X-Men retro wave and Wendigo wave almost every other day at the Palisades Mall in West Nyack NY .  I popped in there on Sunday and a customer was purchasing a retro Storm as I got there.  Keep the faith.

I'm beginning to think that I won't see any of the 80th anniv Ironman/Thor figs till after the 1st or 2nd week of August. Been hitting a few Targets that it says have 5 of each & finding nada/zilch/caca. Are some Targets putting them up early & others holding them in back till mid August? I Pre-ordered these from Dorkside 2 weeks ago but am hoping to find them now as Dorkside has it that these won't ship out till August.

14 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

I'm beginning to think that I won't see any of the 80th anniv Ironman/Thor figs till after the 1st or 2nd week of August. Been hitting a few Targets that it says have 5 of each & finding nada/zilch/caca. Are some Targets putting them up early & others holding them in back till mid August? I Pre-ordered these from Dorkside 2 weeks ago but am hoping to find them now as Dorkside has it that these won't ship out till August.

Most Target stores haven't performed resets/made shelf space for the 80th Anniversary product just yet, so if they do have stock it's sitting in the stockroom. If Brickseek or other apps are indicating that a particular store has product but it's not on the shelf, you just need to find a department rep and have them either check the DPCI and go retrieve the stuff for you, or at least describe what you're looking for and they may be familiar with it and be able to retrieve it from the back.

4 hours ago, SolidSnakeEyes said:

Here is a screen shot I’ve taken from an IG post (_rektangular's) that supposedly shows the figure and Target receipt. Note that the item listed as "Hasbro" is what is supposed to be 80th Cap, while the other item is clearly listed as "THR", or Thor. Is it possible that someone "returned" one or more 80th Caps to one or more Target stores, knowing they'd match in the system? I don't know how plausible that is. I agree that it's unlikely for what is supposed to be a Walmart exclusive to show up at Target, too, and I'm not sure which is more believable. I mean, we've definitely seen supposed exclusives become non-exclusives, but not only has this been completely unmentioned, but it doesn't seem like Walmart's style to share. Also...was it ever 100% confirmed that 80th Cap is/was a Walmart exclusive? I recall there being a lot of confusion about that.

CBDE9873-A89E-4091-BE7A-F98BE4BF7470.png

Thanks for the pic. 

Heres the deal as I see it; there’s two scenarios here and while there’s a LOT of potential nuance to the second scenario, I’m more inclined to believe the second.

Also, I’m not sure where any confusion came out of this figure with regards to it being exclusive as Hasbro clearly stated/showed it was a Walmart Exclusive back at ToyFair in February. However, with Hasbro producing literally over 100 legends figures a year at this point, I can see how people’s memories can get muddied. I personally keep a running inventory/checklist on everything I collect (which is a lot more than just Legends) so I can keep track of everything at all times. If I didn’t do this, especially given all the lines I collect, I’d most likely go insane trying to remember everything.

Also, I know for a fact (due to an extensive former career in retail and store management), that Target (nor other retailers) would be able to return an item that wasn’t in their system, specifically speaking Target as their DPCI system (and each of these 80th figures would have/will have their own DPCI as they are solid cases) is pretty rock solid. Long story short, definitely not a return, even though it’s a similar product. For example, take an item like Tide Laundry Packs. Have you ever noticed that while practically every retailer carries this item, the size and/or count of the item is different at each retailer? There’s a reason for this; due to the volume/size of the chain, the manufacturer strikes a deal with said retailer in what size/count of the product they think they can move. A high-velocity retailer like Walmart can move the most Tide and therefore they are offered the biggest pack size, let’s say 110 count, at the best price. A low-velocity chain like Walgreens, can’t really move that much bulk so the size they get, is tailored to that retailers shelf space and demand for the item, so therefore Walgreens may only offer Tide Pods in a pack of 35 count for example. Next time you’re at a drug store, grocery store, Walmart, Target, etc, go check the Tide Pods and look at the size of the count. You will 100% not see the exact same size/count at each store, minus the non-bulk sizes like a 10-count bag for a buck or two. Wow I’m off the freaking rails here but incredibly long story short, that 76 count bag of Tide pods you bought at Target will not show up in Walmart’s system, because Walmart sells a 84-count bag or something and vice versa etc.

I digress......

Scenario 1: This photo is fake/doctored. Period. Personally, I don’t believe it is.

Scenario 2: Hasbro has (and without any communication/confirmation...which is not saying that much at the end of the day) offered this figure up as a shared retailer exclusive, to at least also include Target. I mean Target already has 5 Legends exclusives this year so a 6th isn’t that crazy to think about. OR...this figures NEW home is Target and Walmart has been cut out at zero hour.

Here’s some of the aforementioned nuance and to anyone that’s relatively new to collecting or to anyone that just collects marvel, this could potentially be informational. 

#1 Hasbro will shop around an exclusive to other retailers, when they see on-hand stock levels (this is more from DC-Distribution Center level side of things) and sell-through of a particular retailers exclusive, not performing the way they wanted, for whatever reason. Far from the only example of this but I’m just picking a quick one for easy reference, would be the Gamestop Exclusive Deadpool/Venom figure. That figure was solicited, pre-orderable and sold at, exclusively GameStop. However, as time went on, and for whatever reason (Gamestop ordered too many, Hasbro shipped them too much, etc etc pick one) that figure was then solicited to practically every other retailer and they all bit on it (probably an easy sell to them because the box office was so huge from the first movie, it didn’t take much “incentive” for a retailer so sign off on getting an “exclusive deadpool”). As the months went on, this figure was sent to Target, TRU and literally every toy etailer (I cant remember if Walmart took it too). Again this is FAR from the only example I can provide (etailers like EE getting Walgreens exclusives like yellow daredevil, black series c-3po to quickly name some more, etc) but it’s definitely one of the biggest examples.

#2 This is where I really think what may have happened: So over the course of the last year, Hasbro (in an attempt that could almost be construed as they are “listening to us”...hahaha) has been letting other companies save or “rescue” a lot of Walmart exclusives, that Walmart has...(wait for it)...blundered. The companies in question that have primarily been doing the “rescuing”...has been EE. This all started around this time or so last year when Star Wars collectors (myself included) were becoming really peeved about Walmart getting not one but TWO Vintage Collection 3.75 figures, a TLJ Island Journey Rey and an awesome Mimban Stormtrooper from Solo. The thing was, was that the Rey was already supposed to have came out in the spring and it just literally never did (not dissimilar to how the Walmart Binary Captain Marvel was already supposed to have been in out in the spring, just like the Target Starforce version was). So as the months went on and on we got to SDCC, the (former) design director for Star Wars (Steve Evans) was directly asked about this and his response was that “the figure had already been on Walmart shelves for months”. When Steve was confronted with the realization that umm yeah...that didn’t actually happen and the figure still doesn’t “exist”, he seemed genuinely puzzled and said he would look into it. A couple months (if memory serves correct) after SDCC and low and behold, it was announced that EE was the “new home” for this figure. Case in point, I bought 3 of those figures from EE and one of them even had the Walmart exclusive sticker on the blister window...

EE also took on last years Amazon exclusive MCU 10th Iron Man 3 set. EE has since took on another Star Wars Vintage Collection (TVC) item, the formerly Walmart exclusive large-wing Tie Fighter. There are still more examples I could give but suffice to say, this has been a very reoccurring trend within the last 12 months. 

To that end, this is why I think Target may also be getting the Walmart 80th Cap, as a retailer rescue partner. Target has REALLY stepped up to the plate with exclusives in the absence of TRU, across many different lines and have minimum tripled the exclusives they now carry (specifically Star Wars where they’ve really gone all in). How has Walmart stepped up to the plate since TRU collapsed? By being Walmart and continuing to mismanage all their exclusives...business as usual. I think this could (potentially) be no more complicated than Hasbro simply rewarding Target for stepping up as a retail partner with their product and buying in on soooooo many exclusives post TRU demise.

Who knows though, this might not be a shared exclusive, Hasbro might have just stripped it from Walmart all together and just given it to Target! Really hope that’s the actual case here.

At any rate, I’m VERY curious to see what the real deal is with this figure and with the 8/1 fall retailer toy resets around the corner, it won’t take long to find out. 

I implore EVERYONE on this site to post a sighting of this figure as they seem them, so we can quickly figure out the story on Mr. Rogers.

Lastly, please be sure to give this video a like if you want to see more dedicated coverage of Tide Laundry detergent analysis!

I buy the explanation that it’s become a silent shared exclusive, and despite the doubt shown in my last message, that’s what I felt was most likely the case. Fortunately, I’ve not had trouble finding any of Walmart’s recent exclusives (ML, Black Series, Pokémon), but I know they’ve been blowing it since the days of GIJoe RoC and those exclusives. That stuff flooded onto shelves and just sat (like all RoC product), and ever since that it seems like Walmart hasn’t bothered to properly stock exclusives. I remember the madness that was the Star Wars 3.75 Jabba exclusive - oof. 

Well, I think we’ve likely found our answer. Now all we do is wait.