aaozz9

Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

7 hours ago, mars396 said:

Midtown Comics, Manhattan NYC

Yep.  Everyone but Storm.  

This is Warlock Cyclops all over again.  I will never see a Storm in a store.  Storm is sold out online everywhere. I will never own this particular Storm. 

Maybe in three years she'll get re-released in an impossible to acquire three pack wearing a stupid bomber jacket.  

0725191740b.jpg

I’m not going to get into a dissertation about shopping smart versus hard (online versus brick and mortar), especially since 2017 when solid cases were introduced to etailers but since you’re specifically talking about Storm, EE still has her up after being listed a month ago, so...go order one lol? Ship date says October but if this year has been any indication with how fast Hasbro has been sending out their stock, I’d say there’s a 99.99% chance she will ship way sooner. 

35 minutes ago, SolidSnakeEyes said:

I buy the explanation that it’s become a silent shared exclusive, and despite the doubt shown in my last message, that’s what I felt was most likely the case. Fortunately, I’ve not had trouble finding any of Walmart’s recent exclusives (ML, Black Series, Pokémon), but I know they’ve been blowing it since the days of GIJoe RoC and those exclusives. That stuff flooded onto shelves and just sat (like all RoC product), and ever since that it seems like Walmart hasn’t bothered to properly stock exclusives. I remember the madness that was the Star Wars 3.75 Jabba exclusive - oof. 

Well, I think we’ve likely found our answer. Now all we do is wait. 

Agreed.

Ahh G.I.Joe...i would sell at least one of my children if Hasbro brought back the 25th Anniversary style Collection, or made really detailed 6in Black Series style Joes, or...idk...SOMETHING.

Hasbro did bring TVC back after almost 7 years and while it had a bumpy relaunch last year, this year has been wayyyy better and I’m quite enjoying the line again so if they can bring back TVC...maybe there’s hope they can do the same for Joes but... I'm not holding my breath.

Lol, I remember finding a Walgreens exclusive Punisher in Walmart one year. Someone had to have brought it in and got Walmart to accept it as a return. I thought it was pretty funny at the time seeing it on the shelf. Reading some of these posts about someone finding 80th Annv. Cap in Target made me think of that.

1 minute ago, Dodge76 said:

I need to go to bed. I meant to edit my post but instead quoted myself lol.

@mars396 Here is something you could try.  I pre-ordered my Love Triangle 3 pack online, but if you want to just hunt at brick and mortar, try asking your local Gamestop if they can put it on pre-order for you.  I've never done this with Legends, only Funko Pops, but they usually only want you to put $5 down on a pre-order and then you can pick it up at that store when it's in.  

For Storm also try asking Gamestop if they can get one in for you.  I did that for the NECA 90s movie TMNT and those were really hard to come by in my area.  Just a thought, hope it helps. 

1 hour ago, komododragin said:

@greenlucario If you order in stores at gamestop, will they not charge shipping or extra fees?

Greenlucario is right, I do this often at EB Games , You just say you want to pre-order whatever figure (as long as it's still in the system as per-orderable) and they take down yer phone number and that's it no money down nothing it just guarantees you will be contacted when the figure comes in and there will be one for you, you can even on the day it shows up in store just either not show up, or go to the store look at the figure and say nah... pass , and you don't even have to put a cent down

Grabbed the Hulk set at my local Gamestop.  He is awesome but the wolverine looks surprisingly good as well, brighter colors than the tiger stripe version make it pop a bit more. 

They also had some of the x-vintage wave (cyke, iceman, and silver samurai).  All looked good, samurai is the only one on my must-buy list but passed for now since i didn't feel like paying the Gamestop markup, especially after shelling out for the Hulk set.

gotta say, it almost feels like if i get the 80th Thor, Cap, Iron Man, as well as Nightcrawler, Storm and a Classic Colossus, i might be able to call it a day as far as collecting.  But who am i kidding, not ready to call it quits yet although there aren't a lot of other A-listers/favorite characters that i can think of that are missing.

19 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

i might be able to call it a day as far as collecting. 

Wow, that just brought me to the realisation that I do have a goal and should probably only get figures to achieve that goal. Thank you bashpics.

2 hours ago, komododragin said:

@greenlucario If you order in stores at gamestop, will they not charge shipping or extra fees?

It depends on what you request, exactly. If you order a figure from the store and have it delivered from their warehouse to your home, much like you'd do from their website, you will pay shipping costs unless they have a free shipping offer. Alternatively, you can have items that are in stock at other stores within your (whichever you do this from) store's distribution ring transferred to your store at no cost, you just have to go pick it up. Also, you can pre-order items by paying a $5 advance and the item will be shipped directly to that store. There are a few options, and I've utilized each at one point or another with 100% success rates.

Just got the 80th Anniv. Iron Man yesterday from a local Collector-Shop. Man....this figure is so beautiful, so perfect, so gorgeously golden...I'm on cloud 9! I've wanted a great classic Iron Man figure since the very first Secret Wars version (I'm old enough to remember the Mego version, but even as a kid I thought it sucked, lol). I didn't get the first TB version because it looked off. I never got the IM Classics version either because the head was too small and no ankle pivots. This one is perfect, and I love that they sculpted the proportions to look as though a person were under the armor, instead of it being 'painted' on. Super happy with this man! It's been a wickedly awesome year for Old-school collectors and fans!

1 minute ago, Air-Walker said:

Just got the 80th Anniv. Iron Man yesterday from a local Collector-Shop. Man....this figure is so beautiful, so perfect, so gorgeously golden...I'm on cloud 9! I've wanted a great classic Iron Man figure since the very first Secret Wars version (I'm old enough to remember the Mego version, but even as a kid I thought it sucked, lol). I didn't get the first TB version because it looked off. I never got the IM Classics version either because the head was too small and no ankle pivots. This one is perfect, and I love that they sculpted the proportions to look as though a person were under the armor, instead of it being 'painted' on. Super happy with this man! It's been a wickedly awesome year for Old-school collectors and fans!

That's AWESOME! Congrats man. I'm also an "older collector" who had all the marvel Legos at one time. Man we've come a long way!

I'm extremely envious of all you guys that are snagging the 80th anniv Ironman/Thor & Cap figures, I have yet to see these at the stores. I'm also ol school 70s/80s Marvel & have been waiting a loooooong time for the definitive versions of these 3 characters. Don't collect MCU, so all the movie versions of these 3 were passes for me. I just hope that Hasbro has long term plans to continue with the 80th anniv classic  versions as they will sell! I may be in the minority but I would love to see them do 1st app Wonderman!  The modern version Hasbro did is boring  & bland. 1st app costume would pop on the shelves IMO.

Wonderman 1st app George Perez.jpg

Wonderman vs Namor 2.jpg

Wonderman vs Vision.jpg

wonderman_vs_thor_by_byrne.jpg

wondermanvsnamor.jpg

Wonderman vs Beast.jpg

Wonderman.jpg

42 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

I'm extremely envious of all you guys that are snagging the 80th anniv Ironman/Thor & Cap figures, I have yet to see these at the stores. I'm also ol school 70s/80s Marvel & have been waiting a loooooong time for the definitive versions of these 3 characters. Don't collect MCU, so all the movie versions of these 3 were passes for me. I just hope that Hasbro has long term plans to continue with the 80th anniv classic  versions as they will sell! I may be in the minority but I would love to see them do 1st app Wonderman!  The modern version Hasbro did is boring  & bland. 1st app costume would pop on the shelves IMO.

I want Wonder Man in the Safari jacket & shades!!

And i haven't seen Thor Cap or iron Man anywhere yet although i've checked target regularly.  The Hulk set seems a bit easier to come by since Gamestop has it and isn't doing there usual markup on action figures.

1 hour ago, bashpics99 said:

I want Wonder Man in the Safari jacket & shades!!

And i haven't seen Thor Cap or iron Man anywhere yet although i've checked target regularly.  The Hulk set seems a bit easier to come by since Gamestop has it and isn't doing there usual markup on action figures.

As long as they make 1st app Wonderman, I wouldn't have zero problem with Safari jacket Wonderman being made as well. But I really hope they do 1st app Wondy 1st! I also would love his 2nd app costume as well! Plus classic Perez Ultron so we can recreate these scenes.

Avengers 161.jpg

avengers 162 004.jpg ultron pops Thor & Wonderman.jpg

Avengers 162.jpg

11 hours ago, greenlucario said:

@mars396 Here is something you could try.  I pre-ordered my Love Triangle 3 pack online, but if you want to just hunt at brick and mortar, try asking your local Gamestop if they can put it on pre-order for you.  I've never done this with Legends, only Funko Pops, but they usually only want you to put $5 down on a pre-order and then you can pick it up at that store when it's in.  

For Storm also try asking Gamestop if they can get one in for you.  I did that for the NECA 90s movie TMNT and those were really hard to come by in my area.  Just a thought, hope it helps. 

I stopped by Gamestop today and talked to one of the reps that always helps me find Legends and Black Series and she couldn’t order it either, but did say they were getting another shipment of the Retro wave on Aug 29th.  The app shows Storm available on Jul 27th so I’ll be checking the app like crazy Sunday and stopping by every GameStop in Colorado until I find her, lol. 

6 hours ago, Starlord67 said:

That's AWESOME! Congrats man. I'm also an "older collector" who had all the marvel Legos at one time. Man we've come a long way!

Thanks dude! And Amen! We have come a long way indeed!

🔥

18 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

Grabbed the Hulk set at my local Gamestop.  He is awesome but the wolverine looks surprisingly good as well, brighter colors than the tiger stripe version make it pop a bit more. 

They also had some of the x-vintage wave (cyke, iceman, and silver samurai).  All looked good, samurai is the only one on my must-buy list but passed for now since i didn't feel like paying the Gamestop markup, especially after shelling out for the Hulk set.

gotta say, it almost feels like if i get the 80th Thor, Cap, Iron Man, as well as Nightcrawler, Storm and a Classic Colossus, i might be able to call it a day as far as collecting.  But who am i kidding, not ready to call it quits yet although there aren't a lot of other A-listers/favorite characters that i can think of that are missing.

We are simpatico.  About a 2 years or so ago I decided to  try to create a set of my 1st avengers team that got me hooked in the comic.  Thor, Cap, iron man, Vision (my favorite), Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Black Panther and Hawkeye/Goliath.  I started with a Marvel Select "vintage" Thor", and paid on eBay to get the ML Scarlet Witch .  I felt good about getting the Walmart exclusive ML Black Panther at the sale price.  I held off on the original Vision figures, as well as the multiple incarnations of both Cap and Iron Man, because they didn't have that certain je ne sais quoi.  THEN in the last year between the 2nd ML vintage wave (Vision and Hawkeye) , the recent family matters 3 pk and now the upcoming release of the 80th Annivesary big 3, WOW!  

Then Hasbro who has been affecting all of our wallets with the amount of figures that they have been pushing out, with the release of the ML Warlock wave, I decided to finish my Giant Size X-Men team (Sunfire, Polaris) and create a Blue team.  Which then morphed into adding the Gold team ( I was a big fan of Bishop).  Of course we need to sprinkle in some villains and we need Professor X........ You get where I'm coming from.   So as soon as I am able to receive the 80th Anniversary trio ( I am searching for Cap like the rest of you ), Nightcrawler, Storm, Iceman, and the Love Triangle set; I think I can cool off my credit card. 🔥🔥🔥

On 7/26/2019 at 1:10 PM, komododragin said:

What Lord_Scareglow and SolidSnakeEyes said.  You can have it shipped to you, or pick up in store, it's just $5 down at pre-order usually.  But you should always try to pre-order as soon as soon as pre-orders go live because like everywhere else, they will run out of some figures.

19 hours ago, CO_Alex said:

I stopped by Gamestop today and talked to one of the reps that always helps me find Legends and Black Series and she couldn’t order it either, but did say they were getting another shipment of the Retro wave on Aug 29th.  The app shows Storm available on Jul 27th so I’ll be checking the app like crazy Sunday and stopping by every GameStop in Colorado until I find her, lol. 

Yeah...it was only a suggestion.  By this point we're too close to the release date(s) for anyone to be able to get a pre-order in.  I guess it was meant more as a long shot suggestion, and something of course to try with the next desirable figure.  Because if history is any indicator, there will be another Rogue/Deadpool/Wolverine/Mysterio/Cyclops/Beast/Storm/etc. figure that everyone just has to have.  

I was able to find Guardian & Scorpion at my local Gamestop yesterday. Both figures are excellent looking & totally ol school classic! Here's a few pics I took of both of them. Scorpion blows away the Toybiz version in every category imaginable as does Guardian vs his TB version. Hasbro is just knocking these outta the park!

DSCF8131.JPG

DSCF8141.JPG

DSCF8144.JPG

DSCF8171.JPG

DSCF8175.JPG

DSCF8182.JPG

DSCF8183.JPG

DSCF8184.JPG

DSCF8185.JPG

So the Amazon EX 80th Peggy & Cap came in today and much to my shock and delight, it arrived in great shape. It’s crazy what happens when you put some packing material in the box...

After having Amazon send me FOUR X-Men 3packs (4th time is the charm as they say...), I was beyond relieved to open the box today and just get a mint set on the first try. I’m hoping the luck continues when they ship out the Black Series Palpatines in October!

Oh and the Peggy/Cap set is fantastic. Great portraits, great accessories (although a shotgun and pistol for Peggy would have been nice) and great paint apps. Stellar 2-pack overall.

Gave Guardian a pair of open hands as he can't be punching bad guys all the time & Scorpion was also a member of the Masters of evil 3rd incarnation when Egghead led them vs the Avengers, The team consisted of Scorpion, Whirlwind, Tigershark,  and Moonstone, whom is badly overdue!

DSCF8192.JPG

DSCF8193.JPG

DSCF8197.JPG

DSCF8202.JPG

Masters of evil 3.jpg

DSCF8206.JPG

Picked up the Iron Man/Iron Spider 2 pack this morning. It looks excellent! I got there first thing and my Target only had 3, so if you're looking for this set go get it soon.

A Tale of Two Stores:

Like many of you interested in the ML 80th Anniversary Thor, Iron man and Captain America, I have been checking in on the Brickseek link for inventory levels at my local Target stores.  I know through this discussion forum a few contributors have stated that the release date is August 1st, but some stores may have put them on the sale floor.  This morning while checking Brickseek, I saw that all stores in my immediate area showed both Thor and Iron Man in stock, While Captain America was not available.  I then clicked on the view on Target link and jumped to Target’s website.  It showed that both Thor and Iron Man were in stock in “my Store” at Clifton NJ.  When I saw that I decided to hightail it to Target.  When I got there the were some store associates putting out stock in the area, my heart skipped a beat, was I about to reach nirvana!  But alas no, there was no Thor or Iron Man out.   I asked one associate if they had Thor in stock.   I gave him the DPCI and I told him that their website stated that it was in stock.  He said something of some error on the website but that they didn’t have it in.   He said the same could be said for Iron Man. 

So, I thought that they were staying true to the “August 1st “street date.  Then I thought let me hit the Fairfield NJ store to see what the story is there.  When I got there the area was quiet, no staff around.  I found the action figure aisle and turned onto it and BOOM, there was Thor!!!!!!  He was on a shelf all by his lonesome.  There were about 6 to 7 to choose from and believe me you must check them out.  Many had paint blemishes/smudges on the silver circles on his chest.  I literally checked each one before picking out the best of the lot.  We all know its good to be patient, but sometimes it’s better to be lucky. Happy hunting!!!

Target Thor 1.jpg

Target Thor 2.jpg