Jump to content
aaozz9

Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, decon said:

Have they released them before without the BAF parts?

Nope, the first wave had Hulkbuster,  2nd was Gladiator Hulk, 3rd was Infinity War Thanos, this seems to be the fourth and the first time without a BAF 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found a local Walmart in my area that had the 2-packs marked on clearance for $30.  I picked up the Grandmaster/Korg and the Skurge/Hela sets.  The Ant-Man set was there also for $30.   They also had the 80th Thor and IM for $15.  Unfortunately, someone stole all the blast effects from the IM.

They also had the Colossus/Juggernaut sets for full price ($60).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, sharky1999 said:

I found a local Walmart in my area that had the 2-packs marked on clearance for $30.  I picked up the Grandmaster/Korg and the Skurge/Hela sets.  The Ant-Man set was there also for $30.   They also had the 80th Thor and IM for $15.  Unfortunately, someone stole all the blast effects from the IM.

They also had the Colossus/Juggernaut sets for full price ($60).

I have heard some places have colossus/juggs marked down to $35 but haven't seen that as my WM has sold out of them.  Also heard that retro x-wave was on sale for $11 at some WM as well but again, mine is sold out of those at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2019 at 5:42 PM, Starlord67 said:

If anyone can pick me up an Emma Frost it would be greatly appreciated!! I'll PayPal you. 

Thanks

As Jay C posted on the home page, the Walgreen's exclusive  Emma Frost is up for sale on their website as of today 9/12. Starlord67 come and get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone lucky enough to get an extra Emma online yesterday that they'd pass on to a fellow collector who's been striking out at every turn trying to get her? I can't pay scalper prices, and I've seriously checked dozens of Walgreens, and been checking the website every morning (until yesterday, obviously) and come up empty. It seems like they severely underestimated demand for Emma, and I'd like to think that leads to a second wave, but I think the sheer volume of Medusas and Magiks on the shelves might stifle that. I don't think Mystique ever got a second wave, did she?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else notice if the 80 Years figures and sets have already gone on clearance in their areas? Every Walmart in my town has the IM, Cap and Thor figs marked down to $15 and the 2 packs have all gone down to $30. Of course, there are no Colossus/Juggernaut sets anywhere to be found so no telling if those would have been marked down or not. Also the Black Dwarf wave has been marked down to $11. If I coulda found the Thor figure I woulda picked up an entire 2nd set, cuz that BAF was amazing. I picked up another set of the Big 3 and finally pulled the trigger on the Hela/Skurge set. Still on the fence for Luis/Ghost set. Still can't justify $30 for what amounts to one figure. I don't collect the suited bucks so maybe I'll buy the set and sell the Luis figure on Evilbay. I'm not a suit collector (it is just seems too scrawny to me to apply to most suited characters) so Luis is pretty much useless to me because he really has no place in my display either. Much love to Michael Pena, he does play that part excellently. It was the most leftover set, but with my luck it'll probably be sold out by the time I make up my mind to get it (and I will).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Anyone else notice if the 80 Years figures and sets have already gone on clearance in their areas? Every Walmart in my town has the IM, Cap and Thor figs marked down to $15 and the 2 packs have all gone down to $30. Of course, there are no Colossus/Juggernaut sets anywhere to be found so no telling if those would have been marked down or not. Also the Black Dwarf wave has been marked down to $11. If I coulda found the Thor figure I woulda picked up an entire 2nd set, cuz that BAF was amazing. I picked up another set of the Big 3 and finally pulled the trigger on the Hela/Skurge set. Still on the fence for Luis/Ghost set. Still can't justify $30 for what amounts to one figure. I don't collect the suited bucks so maybe I'll buy the set and sell the Luis figure on Evilbay. I'm not a suit collector (it is just seems too scrawny to me to apply to most suited characters) so Luis is pretty much useless to me because he really has no place in my display either. Much love to Michael Pena, he does play that part excellently. It was the most leftover set, but with my luck it'll probably be sold out by the time I make up my mind to get it (and I will).

Yes. My local WM marked down the 80th stuff a couple of days ago altho all they have is iron man, luis/ghost, and skurge/Hela. They seem to be going fast.

Also heard some places marked down x-vintage wave to $11 but my local is sold out so I’m not sure if that’s everywhere or varies from store to store

seems a little quick but I assume wm needs to make room for other toys and probably also assumes anybody willing to pay full price for these sets has already done so.

still a bit mind boggling that hasbro thought a ghost/Luis set for $50 would sell. Maybe if it was the only set released but with so much stuff hitting at once I’m sure that was low on most people’s priority list (it was for me anyhow) altho they are nice looking figures. I’m still not biting even at $30, just spent too much on other figures lately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, monron999 said:

Anyone else notice if the 80 Years figures and sets have already gone on clearance in their areas? Every Walmart in my town has the IM, Cap and Thor figs marked down to $15 and the 2 packs have all gone down to $30. Of course, there are no Colossus/Juggernaut sets anywhere to be found so no telling if those would have been marked down or not. Also the Black Dwarf wave has been marked down to $11. If I coulda found the Thor figure I woulda picked up an entire 2nd set, cuz that BAF was amazing. I picked up another set of the Big 3 and finally pulled the trigger on the Hela/Skurge set. Still on the fence for Luis/Ghost set. Still can't justify $30 for what amounts to one figure. I don't collect the suited bucks so maybe I'll buy the set and sell the Luis figure on Evilbay. I'm not a suit collector (it is just seems too scrawny to me to apply to most suited characters) so Luis is pretty much useless to me because he really has no place in my display either. Much love to Michael Pena, he does play that part excellently. It was the most leftover set, but with my luck it'll probably be sold out by the time I make up my mind to get it (and I will).

From the MCU 80th sets, Luis/Ghost was the one I was most excited about, and the one I've enjoyed the most. Maybe it's because it arrived by itself and didn't compete directly with the others for "play time", but I loved it. I'm not sure I'd recommend it to you, I understand your point of not collecting suits. Plus, the vest is non removable and has the "excon" card on it. It's probably the set that'll pegwarm the most and have the lowest final price, so you'll probably have time to think about it, and maybe find it for $20 and just buy the set for the figure you want (Ghost really is amazingly cool looking, and androgynous enough to swing between comic and MCU IMO.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes you just have to take the good with the bad:

GOOD: Sinister became available on Pulse again and I was able to score one without resorting to scalper prices.

BAD: Now I'm gonna have to break down and buy that Cannonball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, mako said:

Sometimes you just have to take the good with the bad:

GOOD: Sinister became available on Pulse again and I was able to score one without resorting to scalper prices.

BAD: Now I'm gonna have to break down and buy that Cannonball.

Last time I did that was with the Apocalypse BAF. I had gotten Storm and Psylocke, and a friend gave me the pipes that came with Wolverine and the Claw from Archangel... I felt shamed into finishing it. I've restrained myself lately, fortunately.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, memocromatico said:

Last time I did that was with the Apocalypse BAF. I had gotten Storm and Psylocke, and a friend gave me the pipes that came with Wolverine and the Claw from Archangel... I felt shamed into finishing it. I've restrained myself lately, fortunately.

 

I can't help it. Ever since that issue of whatever version of Avengers it was where a Wendigo was a member of Alpha Flight, I've been obsessed with that iteration of the character. So I have to have the BAF.

UPDATE: Busy day yesterday, only made it to one Walmart and one Walgreens (and only stopped there to use the bathroom). No Emma, no Mutants, no ML of any kind at Walgreens. Not much better luck at Walmart.

Oh, I did happen across a couple of Caliban series figures on the clearance isle. It looked like some ball-washing a-hole with the dexterity of a low-land gorilla beat the things open with a club, took the BAF pieces, and left the rest behind. Walmart, being Walmart, hastily reconstructed the packaging using clear packing tape and stuck an 11 dollar price tag on 'em.

Of all the "Toxic" Collectors out there, the breed that turns my stomach most are the !#$%ing thieves. They're to !#$%ing retarded to realize (or care) how they're hurting their fellow consumers, fellow collectors, the store, the toy company, or the fabric of friggin' society! (Yeah, you bet your sweet butt I'm bitter.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another quick update on the apparent Ireland and UK exclusive re-releases.  They are now available in Irish Tescos but are €19.5020190914_111941.thumb.jpg.12e9c62bf390148edab28cbc5589748f.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked up the Cowboy Logan figure at Game Stop in Southern Indiana (Kentuckiana).

I had a $10 coupon that I got from Think Geek with the explanation that Think Geek’s own reward points were going away and they were now redeemable as Game Stop rewards.  

I’ve had everything pre-ordered from other online retailers this summer, so I haven’t been out hunting for stuff other than Walmart exclusives.  But, the coupon was expiring tomorrow so I figured I’d go see if there was anything worthwhile.

The Marvel Legends figures were all $22.99, so I ended up with it for $12.99.  That’s cheaper than the $19.99 I would have paid through Hasbro Pulse, so all in all it worked out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked up the Cowboy Logan recently too. I had an order on Hasbro Pulse, but they still have not gotten them in and GameStop had a few so I picked the one I wanted.  Hasbro Pulse is nice for getting new stuff, but they should really discount their old stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got back from my local Walmart where I picked up Boom-boom. Guess I'm at the end of my rope. No more stalling. My next figure will be . .. gulp . . . CANNONBALL.

Gosh darn you Hasbro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cannonball is a tough pill to swallow. I got him hoping he would fit into my Avengers line up but he is just terrible. 

I ended up using the blast effect as a boot jet effect for the 80th Iron Man. Just cut a figure stand to fit under his foot and glued that to the blast effect. Justified the purchase for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bro Thor wave is out now at CMDStore

http://www.cmdstore.com/malebrothse.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, McHogan said:

Cannonball is a tough pill to swallow. I got him hoping he would fit into my Avengers line up but he is just terrible. 

I ended up using the blast effect as a boot jet effect for the 80th Iron Man. Just cut a figure stand to fit under his foot and glued that to the blast effect. Justified the purchase for me

That's a neat idea. How does it look?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The two (the other is for another local collector) Emma Frosts I ordered arrived today from Walgreens.com.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Neal said:

The two (the other is for another local collector) Emma Frosts I ordered arrived today from Walgreens.com.

Did they send you a tracking number or anything, or did they just show up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MonsterChris said:

Did they send you a tracking number or anything, or did they just show up?

I received a shipping notification and tracking number via email.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Neal said:

I received a shipping notification and tracking number via email.

Huh...  My transaction has been "authorized" (funds on hold) since the 12th.  No shipping notification or payment clearance yet.  What do you wanna bet my order gets canceled?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ADour said:

That's a neat idea. How does it look?

Looks pretty good as long as the pose is with both legs down. Iron Mans legs don’t angle in like I feel they should for a take off pose but it really isn’t bad. You don’t want to put him in a one leg blast off either ( with the other leg bent in a dynamic pose) for balancing reasons and since the peg I adhered is we’re the right foot comes down the whole thing looks odd for that much “rocket blast” to be coming off one boot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE