aaozz9

Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

I picked up a couple of Dani Moonstars that a fellow collector grabbed for me.

On 9/23/2019 at 8:32 PM, Benn said:

He's out! We got him in-stock at my store today!

Did you pick up Big Time Spidey?  I really need to see him in person before deciding.  I haven’t read comics in several years so I have no knowledge of the storyline where this costume in explained.  

On 9/23/2019 at 8:33 PM, Starlord67 said:

Gotta get me that PUNISHER!!

I’ll get the Punisher in damn near any form, but this one looks awesome.  

On 9/23/2019 at 9:11 PM, michiganjfrog said:

sweet haul! im looking forward to getting punisher

I am hoping to have time tomorrow to open him and add him to my shelves.  

I forgot about Anti-Agent Venom and passed on the Walgreens version in black, but I couldn’t pass up this white version up when I saw him in person.   

7 hours ago, CO_Alex said:

Did you pick up Big Time Spidey?  I really need to see him in person before deciding.  I haven’t read comics in several years so I have no knowledge of the storyline where this costume in explained.  

I only collect X-Men, I'm afraid, but it looked pretty sweet to me!

Big surprise for me today as I saw my Local WM had some FFH figure on the pegs that weren’t there yesterday. Didn’t see mysterio on the pegs but then looked up at top shelf and he was buried behind a few other figs from the wave. Score!!!

i don’t think anyone was trying to hide the figure (as is sometimes the case),  it’s just that this WM put out like 3 cases of endgame wave 2 so the pegs were all full.  

Just goes to show, always look up top before assuming all the figs are on pegs, I guess...

Not proud of it, but I finally pulled the trigger on that Cannonball. My patience has paid off, however, as Amazon had ole' Sam marked down to 17 and some change. I may have had had to buy the worst figure Hasbro has ever made to get my Wendigo, but I didn't have to pay full price. (Small Victories.)

On the other hand, at least I finally got this particular monkey off my back.

11 minutes ago, mako said:

I may have had had to buy the worst figure Hasbro has ever made t

Is it tho? I mean, I remember some older spider-man figures from Hasbro during the Legends Drought that were pretty terrible, is he worse than those?

I don't get the hate on Cannonball.  Yes, I agree that legs would have been a nice add, but the figure does look really good with other figures as is.

I like it.

1 hour ago, Captmotor said:

I don't get the hate on Cannonball.  Yes, I agree that legs would have been a nice add, but the figure does look really good with other figures as is.

I like it.

To each their own. I personally think it would have benefitted greatly with a longer contrail, maybe make it two pieces, with a more conical bottom . . . like a comet tail. I figure that's what they had in mind, they just couldn't make it cost out.

In any case, I may warm up to it when I actually have it in hand. We'll see.

28 minutes ago, mako said:

To each their own. I personally think it would have benefitted greatly with a longer contrail, maybe make it two pieces, with a more conical bottom . . . like a comet tail. I figure that's what they had in mind, they just couldn't make it cost out.

In any case, I may warm up to it when I actually have it in hand. We'll see.

While i don't have the figure, i gotta agree.  when i did see the Sam figure at a store i was very underwhelmed by how small the blast effect actually is. I've seen plenty of pics that make it work, seems like the most successful were birds-eye view type shots that create the illusion of the blast extending further. It does seem to help a lot of you can illuminate the effect.  Saw someone stack two blast effects one atop the other, a little strange but an improvement imo.

Anybody need CANNONBALL? I stumbled across him at Best Buy today. Would be glad to scoop him up for ya. Let me know.

I got lucky with my local GameStop calling a couple of other stores and reserving this for me.  

1DB229D1-1A77-47BF-8EE4-14210FFFBF3D.jpeg

2 hours ago, CO_Alex said:

I got lucky with my local GameStop calling a couple of other stores and reserving this for me.  

Man I really hope when I get back to the city I can get one of these, been hearing alot about scalper jerk types buying multiples just to flip for lucrative prices online, and I really want this figure. I am kinda getting tired of seeing all of these people hoarding figures, buying multiples to flip and being all unapologetic about it, I;ve seen alot of it lately

still wonder if anyone in Canada has seen a Dani Moonstar

16 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Man I really hope when I get back to the city I can get one of these, been hearing alot about scalper jerk types buying multiples just to flip for lucrative prices online, and I really want this figure. I am kinda getting tired of seeing all of these people hoarding figures, buying multiples to flip and being all unapologetic about it, I;ve seen alot of it lately

still wonder if anyone in Canada has seen a Dani Moonstar

I despise scalpers as well.  I occasionally resort to eBay as a last resort, but sometimes end up waiting it out to see if they drop in price over time.  I got lucky with WM Punisher with the GameStop rep calling around looking for one to reserve for me.  I still haven’t seen Emma or Dani in Walgreens yet.  I like both, but not really an absolute must have that I would pay exorbitant prices.  

went to gamester to pick up the Iron Man stealth suit figure I had ordered and found a Punisher War Machine. I know both are repaints but I think both look really good

On 9/27/2019 at 10:49 PM, CO_Alex said:

I have been trying to get one around Jacksonville, FL area. Yesterday I walked into the Gamestop by my house and when I asked about the Punisher War Machine the guy who works there said they didn't know what I was talking about.

Out of curiosity I call that same Gamestop today, somehow the guy remembered who I was, and he tells me they had them yesterday but sold them before I got there. I told them wth, they said yesterday they didn't even know what it was. This guy is a freaking liar. To finish it off he says "we will not get any more of these".

I wish I had Gamestops as nice as yours with honest people.

I have dealt with too many asshats at gamestops over the years, whether its something that happened to a preordered game or just bad attitude's from the employees. I still go in there to check whats new but I guess its a good thing they are bad at stocking new stuff around here or I would be more tempted to spend money there

3 hours ago, americamgl said:

I have been trying to get one around Jacksonville, FL area. Yesterday I walked into the Gamestop by my house and when I asked about the Punisher War Machine the guy who works there said they didn't know what I was talking about.

Out of curiosity I call that same Gamestop today, somehow the guy remembered who I was, and he tells me they had them yesterday but sold them before I got there. I told them wth, they said yesterday they didn't even know what it was. This guy is a freaking liar. To finish it off he says "we will not get any more of these".

I wish I had Gamestops as nice as yours with honest people.

I am lucky, they have a few very nice helpful reps.  I stop in about 2-3 times a week to look around and buy quite a few figures from them so they see me often enough.  This is why I buy so much from them since they are helpful and they just about always have what I am looking for without having to drive to a dozen Walmarts and Targets.  

Got these guys today, very happy, but also bummed out I didn't see WM Pun, and they had gotten the new Bro Thor wave, but the only figure was Captain America (we know that guy is gonna be a pegwarmer , also non of this Giant Man or Stealth Invincible IM people keep finding

AAVTP.jpg

Found 2 Dani Moonstars on Friday 9/27 in Odessa, Tx.

On 9/27/2019 at 11:16 AM, memocromatico said:

Is it tho? I mean, I remember some older spider-man figures from Hasbro during the Legends Drought that were pretty terrible, is he worse than those?

Just arrived, and i can honestly say . . . yes, he is indeed the worst. The skinny Bucky, that first Hasbro Namor, even that Doc Samson whose legs could only splay out to the side; they were all better than this. At least they represented a whole figure. This is a torso glued to a see-thru orange lump. It looks like something a little kid would do with a busted action figure and some playdoh.