Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

22 hours ago, McHogan said:

Got an email from Walgreens saying my pre-order May be delayed. It did not specify which pre-order but it is safe to assume its IM2020. Odd that there would be a delay as I could still order him when I frantically tried to get Moon Knight a few weeks back.

it specifically says delayed and not canceled. Anyone order from Walgreens? Should I be worried or take them at their word?

3 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

Yeah i heard people who ordered the iron man 2020 right away when it went up are getting these emails too. Like you, i assume they are automatically sent out for any orders that haven't been completed within a set time span.  That's not to say that walgreen's might not have taken more preorders than they can handle, but i wouldn't jump to conclusions yet

I also just assumed it was in regard to the IM2020 as I had just only placed my Moon Knight order a few days prior, but what I find odd is the possibility that they oversold the IM figure yet he's still up for pre-order on the site. Why would they continue to take orders if they're already having trouble filling current orders? As far as I can remember IM2020 was never listed as out of stock, though I could be mistaken, as I stopped looking after my order went through. In the mean time Moon Knight has gone up and down several times and is currently listed out of stock. I don't want to start to panic or start a panic, but it seems more likely they're setting up an excuse in case the Moon Knight order goes way over estimated stock. That's just my 2 cents.

4 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

Yeah i heard people who ordered the iron man 2020 right away when it went up are getting these emails too. Like you, i assume they are automatically sent out for any orders that haven't been completed within a set time span.  That's not to say that walgreen's might not have taken more preorders than they can handle, but i wouldn't jump to conclusions yet

Iron Man 2020 has been available here in Canada since March, and is in full stock at EBGames

I don't know if you guys in the U.S. can order from the site , but if you want it and can

https://www.ebgames.ca/Toys-Collectibles/Games/782954

no shortage of Arno in the great white north

On 6/10/2020 at 4:22 AM, mako said:

Internet reviewers with their inflated since of entitlement, "collectors" who buy two or three of everything that comes out so they can have one to open and one to hang in their "toy-cave," scalpers who sell incomplete figures for full price or more, e-tailers like BBTS or Megalopolis who needlessly mark up everything, repackagers and other thieves; sadly there's no shortage of schmucks in this hobby.

Scalpers are the lowest form of scum. I can't imagine trying to make money off of buying Legends waves in mass quantities then trying to mark them up on eBay.  The funny part is when they list them for more than online retailers because they aren’t real fans or collectors.  I’m not looking down on anyone that sells their personal collection by any means.  I’ve sold part of my collection on eBay to fund other figure purchases to make room for more figures.  

On 6/10/2020 at 1:56 AM, leokearon said:

It's the person buying the figures. If they weren't willing to pay high prices for the figures, the people trying to sell them wouldn't try to sell them

I agree that the person buying them is causing the ability to raise the price to exorbitant amounts because the supply is very limited at this time. 

3 hours ago, CO_Alex said:

Scalpers are the lowest form of scum. I can't imagine trying to make money off of buying Legends waves in mass quantities then trying to mark them up on eBay.  The funny part is when they list them for more than online retailers because they aren’t real fans or collectors.  I’m not looking down on anyone that sells their personal collection by any means.  I’ve sold part of my collection on eBay to fund other figure purchases to make room for more figures.  

Agreed, they don't care about the toys, they just card about the money.

Where the hell is the WalMart "exclusive" Black Widow?

Been to just about EVERY WalMart in Houston!

Zero zip NADA TOSTADA!😭

The worst part beign it is THE GREATEST Black Widow they've done!

Ironic how I can NEVER find the figures I REALLY REALLY want!

Call me bias but I've always had this thing about a certain taste for "cool"!

This Widow fits just that for me

Got another email from Walgreens saying my pre-order is delayed. Guess this will be a weekly thing now. 

What is most aggravating is walking into my local Walgreens and they have IM 2020 on the shelves. I know they are no guarantees but in my mind seems like my “pre-order” would arrive before stores stock them. Left the one IM 2020 for someone else and will hope that me delayed order will be fulfilled.. 

3 hours ago, McHogan said:

Got another email from Walgreens saying my pre-order is delayed. Guess this will be a weekly thing now. 

What is most aggravating is walking into my local Walgreens and they have IM 2020 on the shelves. I know they are no guarantees but in my mind seems like my “pre-order” would arrive before stores stock them. Left the one IM 2020 for someone else and will hope that me delayed order will be fulfilled.. 

I sympathize with you, I really do, but you realize you literally picked the worst time in human history to pre-order ANYTHING through a pharmacy.

For what lt's worth though, I'm getting some weird emails from Pulse regarding my GIJC pre-order.

21 hours ago, mako said:

For what lt's worth though, I'm getting some weird emails from Pulse regarding my GIJC pre-order.

. . . and that's partially why I chose to trade in my partial Joe wave 1 pre-order for a full wave pre-order at BBTS. I also tacked on a pre-order for the Retro-Spidey wave. I know I'm violating my rule against e-tailer mark-ups, but its gonna be a long hot summer, and tracking toys is a headache I don't need/want.

22 hours ago, mako said:

I sympathize with you, I really do, but you realize you literally picked the worst time in human history to pre-order ANYTHING through a pharmacy.

There is truth in that statement I must admit. 

Was visiting my folks so went to the Walmart near them and found Apoc wave, was able to grab the ones of my buy-list, namely Dark Beast and Jean (already had Sunfire).    They had like 10 AoA Wolverines while the remaining characters were 1-2, kinda crazy. 

Dark Beast looks awesome.  I'll admit i largely bought Jean just to get that crazy sugarman head, even though i'm not sure i'll end up building him.   But its nice to finally have a hasbro Jean in the collection.

Stopped by one of the several local Walgreens that still has 10+ Magiks in stock, one that has specifically told me that corporate never sends them new figures because they still have so many Magiks, and they had four Iron Man 2020s sitting next to their Magik stockpile. I guess they keep betting on the wrong horse...

5 hours ago, TheCollector99 said:

Yes that wolverine is SURPRISINGLY great! People really should give it a chance.

20200615_200608.jpg

I am not familiar with this story but I picked up this Wolverine. Not sure how I feel about the headsculpt. Seems exaggerated to say the least. Is it an artist specific design? I know Rob Liefield had odd proportions and exaggerated elements, wondering if this is an example of that?

also: so glad ML has not tried to replicate Liefields anatomy. Now that would be a bizarre representation 

I just got the entire juggernaut wave for $150 over on mercari. Best buy i have gotten yet! I was super skeptical before i bought it but i took a chance and they arrived super quick and they all look great. Of course the best one of all is rogue, i got her for under retail!!! And Kitty as well. shes not to easy to get a hold of either.  Super happy to have the whole wave together. Score!!

nGlbpEp.jpg

hS0Gu5g.jpg

Olqb5xQ.jpg

oTIJikE.jpg

LnZ2MBUh.jpg

9iXuy4dh.jpg

I just got the entire juggernaut wave for $150 over on mercari. Best buy i have gotten yet! I was super skeptical before i bought it but i took a chance and they arrived super quick and they all look great. Of course the best one of all is rogue, i got her for under retail!!! And Kitty as well. shes not to easy to get a hold of either.  Super happy to have the whole wave together. Score!!

This is a truly fantastic buy, congrats, the Rogue, DP, and Kitty each alone command some pretty high secondary market prices, I mean I've seen Rogue at 150, so that's the price you paid for the whole wave, very lucky grab

I wish I had that Kitty, I was stupid enough to have passed on it multiple times, and can't seem to get it now for a decent price