Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

Right! there's a few rogues going around right now for like $200 its nuts. I have missed out on kitty a few times my self. makes the deal sweeter that she was in there as well. The dead pool though, even though hes pretty expensive i have 3 of them now. one i only paid like 5 bucks for in a lot on ebay. That was a good find as well. just gotta keep your eyes peeled looking for those good prices. it will happen sooner or later. although i was never expecting to find one like this deal. I never even thought i would ever own Rogue. Mercari is a fantastic place for legends. i have gotten so many good deals on there. you just gotta be fast cause the decent priced items go real quick. i was lucky enough to stumble on the juggernaut wave a few mins after the seller posted it. they also had a full set of the Walgreens fantastic four for like $120. It had Medusa and Namor with it as well. Now i just need chameleon, hes another on my need to get list that is super hard to get at a nice price. Rogue was one of my white whales though. her and the dark phoenix. i do own the calm dark phoenix head now but i paid way to much for it. just need the other 2.

On 6/11/2020 at 3:07 PM, monron999 said:

I also just assumed it was in regard to the IM2020 as I had just only placed my Moon Knight order a few days prior, but what I find odd is the possibility that they oversold the IM figure yet he's still up for pre-order on the site. Why would they continue to take orders if they're already having trouble filling current orders? As far as I can remember IM2020 was never listed as out of stock, though I could be mistaken, as I stopped looking after my order went through. In the mean time Moon Knight has gone up and down several times and is currently listed out of stock. I don't want to start to panic or start a panic, but it seems more likely they're setting up an excuse in case the Moon Knight order goes way over estimated stock. That's just my 2 cents.

When I originally ordered the IM2020 back in April, I also received an email  stating a delay.  Subsequently I kept checking my order on the Walgreens website and saw that  the released date would be today, 6/30/20.  I got an email today that my order was being shipped.  I also noticed that my credit card was charged yesterday, so orders are being processed.  Hopefully you should get yours soon.  Good luck!

I just got an email yesterday saying my Iron Man 2020 preorder was canceled. I used their chat support to ask why, and was basically told that it happens sometimes and they don't know why and they can't say it won't happen again.

I actually don't care all that much about IM2020, but I'm going to be absolutely LIVID if this plays out again with Moon Knight.

19 hours ago, SeanWhitmore said:

I just got an email yesterday saying my Iron Man 2020 preorder was canceled. I used their chat support to ask why, and was basically told that it happens sometimes and they don't know why and they can't say it won't happen again.

Just keep in mind, while this seems to happen at certain stores more than others, NO retailer/e-tailer can guarantee a pre-order. Most will tell you that upfront.

Huh, Walgreens canceled my order saying it couldn’t process my payment (PayPal). 20 minutes later ebay  had no trouble taking my money from same account. 

This was for IM 2020. The kick in the pants was I saw a couple in stores but passed them up because I had them pre ordered. Will be very displeased if this happens again with the Moon Knight pre order. Mostly because I’ve got them reserved at retail and if I get canceled again I feel very strongly I’d have to pay much more online 

1 hour ago, mako said:

Just keep in mind, while this seems to happen at certain stores more than others, NO retailer/e-tailer can guarantee a pre-order. Most will tell you that upfront.

Sure, and I can even put up with any cancellation reason that makes sense. Store runs out of product, ah, well, my bad luck. I enter the wrong billing or shipping information, my mistake.

It's just when no explanation is apparent--or forthcoming when solicited--that I start to feel a way about it.

3 hours ago, SeanWhitmore said:

Sure, and I can even put up with any cancellation reason that makes sense. Store runs out of product, ah, well, my bad luck. I enter the wrong billing or shipping information, my mistake.

It's just when no explanation is apparent--or forthcoming when solicited--that I start to feel a way about it.

Hey, I get it. It sucks. It's just not a great time to pre-order anything right now . . . especially through a pharmacy.

1 hour ago, leokearon said:

SMYTHS in Waterford actually had some proper Marvel Legends in. Sadly all they had were the Gamerverse wave Cap, Iron Man,  Ms Marvel and Mar-Vell. 

Seems like all the stores around here just recently restocked the Black Widow series, remnants of Gamerverse and AoA are in good supply, . . . . and for some reason pegs and pegs of Shuri figures.

2 hours ago, mako said:

pegs and pegs of Shuri figures.

I hear that. my local WM has had tons of Prof Hulk wave on the pegs since December, and they ain't moving.  I think they might have sold all the Beta Ray Bills and War Machines, maybe Rescue but man do they have plenty of the other figures from this wave.  

Ditto here in terms of both WM and Target stocking AoA and restocking Black Widow waves. My target has restocked Demogoblin wave too, so really the FF wave is the only one that seems to be gone entirely.  

Been using popfindr.com to keep track of how many exclusives my local WG have in stock using the item number 40000999992 that they use for their exclusive figures.  No increases in the last week so Arno hasn't made it to my area yet. From what i'm hearing it isn't selling like hotcakes elsewhere so i'm not too worried about it.

I wonder if we'll ever see Endgame wave 3 show up in stores.. i'm guessing no. Oh well. Only saw it at FYE (for about $30 per figure) and i think Cap at Gamestop.  Just strange.  

Saw 2 IM2020 figs at my local Walgreens today, just couldn't pull the trigger on it. Cool character & the fig is nice, just was never into Arno Stark. Plus that body is in the classic comic colors & I'm sure Hasbro will be slapping a color accurate head sculpt of Tony on it & reselling it in a IM retro wave in the near future. I'll wait on that version as the late 70s JR/JR/Bob Layton IM version is my favorite ever!

ojPDzZ2.jpg

19 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Just thought I'd let everyone know The Deadpool Strong Guy wave is now IN-STOCK at Megalopolis!

https://megalopolis.toys/search?type=product&q=strong+guy

guess nobody is going to have to wait till october?

Damn would've bought a Warpath or a Sunpot if they were still available. Looks like Shiklah and Blue Deadpool will be the pegwarmers. Even Black Tom sold out before those two.

26 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Damn would've bought a Warpath or a Sunpot if they were still available. Looks like Shiklah and Blue Deadpool will be the pegwarmers. Even Black Tom sold out before those two.

Oh damn that went fast, when I posted this they had the entire wave in stock

also people have already gotten the Retro Spider-Man wave from EE, so also like I said elsewhere guess we are not waiting till september, which I kinda figured I presumed the Sept & Oct, dates were just tentative, due to the current situation, and infact they'd be coming out much earlier if possible

On 7/3/2020 at 9:57 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Just thought I'd let everyone know The Deadpool Strong Guy wave is now IN-STOCK at Megalopolis!

https://megalopolis.toys/search?type=product&q=strong+guy

guess nobody is going to have to wait till october?

Wow, yeah I seen some Ebay postings saying these will be available either on the 3rd or in 2 weeks or sometime in August. I already have mine pre-ordered on Dorkside Toys so can't wait.

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forums and new to collecting Marvel Legends. I recently purchased a Walmart exclusive comic Black Panther. While removing the figure from the packaging, one of the feet came off. I am having trouble getting it back on and was curious if it is broken or not. I would appreciate any help that you could provide. Thanks in advance.

IMG_20200707_134212.jpg

29 minutes ago, Venom1975 said:

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forums and new to collecting Marvel Legends. I recently purchased a Walmart exclusive comic Black Panther. While removing the figure from the packaging, one of the feet came off. I am having trouble getting it back on and was curious if it is broken or not. I would appreciate any help that you could provide. Thanks in advance.

IMG_20200707_134212.jpg

No, you're good.  Just hold a hairdryer on that foot for about 45 seconds and it'll pop right back on, no problem.  If you don't have a hair dryer, heat up a cup of water in the microwave and stick the foot in it for about 30 seconds.

The foot is made of a softer plastic that the peg you're trying to fit it on.  Just get the foot hot and it will be pliable enough to pop right over the ridge on the peg.  When the foot cools, its hardness will return.

Welcome to collecting and to the boards!

42 minutes ago, MonsterChris said:

No, you're good.  Just hold a hairdryer on that foot for about 45 seconds and it'll pop right back on, no problem.  If you don't have a hair dryer, heat up a cup of water in the microwave and stick the foot in it for about 30 seconds.

The foot is made of a softer plastic that the peg you're trying to fit it on.  Just get the foot hot and it will be pliable enough to pop right over the ridge on the peg.  When the foot cools, its hardness will return.

Welcome to collecting and to the boards!

I'm glad to hear it. I really like the figure otherwise. Thanks for the info.

My target has the deadly origin black widow on sale for $9.99. grabbed a couple for the guns and effects. Might be able to do something with those head sculpts as well. they also had the demogoblin and skrull waves on sale for $13. stoped by Walgreens as well and one had like 6 iron man 2020s. Not selling here i guess. Now if i can find Moon Knight i would be happy.

51 minutes ago, Kindo said:

My target has the deadly origin black widow on sale for $9.99. grabbed a couple for the guns and effects. Might be able to do something with those head sculpts as well. they also had the demogoblin and skrull waves on sale for $13. stoped by Walgreens as well and one had like 6 iron man 2020s. Not selling here i guess. Now if i can find Moon Knight i would be happy.

My target had it for $12. I gave the extra guns to Bullseye.

I just picked up Jean, Morph, X-Man, and Wild Child. These figures are great.

The Jean figure’s face looks better than the box depicts, which is good.

X-Man really captures Steve Skoce’s design. The only knocks against it are his small feet, and I can understand if some don’t like the psionic effect.

I was really excited about those two, and the others were sort of also-rans. But Morph is neat just because of the design. As some have pointed out it comes from an issue of Exiles. I like that they are paying homage to a certain iconic depiction.

Wild Child has great articulation and good stuff joints. He can pull off some nice, dynamic running poses. The only weird thing about the new Hasbro figures is where they connect the ankle joint.

Great figures. I’m very happy with them. I’m looking forward to Dark Beast.