Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

Both my local Target and WM are doing their reset - neither has any MLs on the shelves right now, guessing that Retro Spidey wave and Strong Guy wave will show up in the next couple of days (along with the Target exclusive GI Joes).   I'm pretty happy that WM finally pulled all the prof hulk wave figures from the pegs they've been warming since December, also seems like i bought the rest of that wave at the right time.   Oddly it is mainly hasbro products that are missing - they've already put out some new WWE figures and plenty of DC McFarlane figs on the pegs.

Hey fellow Canadians ! it seems were have not been left in the lurch Walmart.ca has put up Movie Cable and Venomized Cap for pre-order on their site

Cable

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/hasbro-marvel-legends-series-x-men-6-inch-collectible-cable-action-figure-toy-includes-5-accessories-for-kids-ages-14-and-up/6000201696844

Venomized Cap

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/hasbro-marvel-legends-series-6-inch-collectible-venomized-captain-america-action-figure-toy-premium-design-and-2-accessories/6000201500361

Sadly Cable is already Sold Out! but let's hope he comes back around, Cap is still available

Also thought I'd let you guys know Gamerverse Outback Hulk is showing Up now at EBgames in Ontario, Calgary and Manitoba so far, he is still not in stock on the website... but maybe they'd be calling you if you made a pre-order

Also if you care TRU is currently selling Hela+Skurge, Grandmaster+Korg, Loki+Corvus, Luis+Ghost on Sale for 35.99 each! , Amazon is as well! Luis+Ghost is only 29.99 there

9 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

has anybody tried cutting them off? i assume some glue would be left behind, dunno.  But i'm guessing there are reviewers who must have taken a stab at it.  I would guess that mostly i would have him with the half-mask head on anyhow.

If I find another Parker I may pick him up and give removing the glasses a try. My custom skills are basic but this seems simple enough. 

Again, I think Hasbro was going for that “Ditko” look, but it seems odd that this year alone we’ve gotten Stan Lee, Grey Beast, and Matt Murdoch heads all with pretty great sculpted glasses but they went with those opaque lenses... ?!?

not knocking, them too hard, I kinda like the aesthetic of them. Just thinking if they went less artist specific this Parker could span many eras.

7 hours ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

If anyone finds an extra Spidey or Emma Frost from Walgreens please let me know.

I have an Emma for trade, new in box. The trouble is I don't really have any Legends wants, unless you're in for an extra Storm/Thunderbird preorder you could spare. I have Black Series wants, though.

52 minutes ago, Benn said:

I have an Emma for trade, new in box. The trouble is I don't really have any Legends wants, unless you're in for an extra Storm/Thunderbird preorder you could spare. I have Black Series wants, though.

I broke down and bought her on EBay a little while ago. But what are you looking for? I'll keep an eye out.

5 hours ago, mako said:

Scored the Retro Spidey wave on a grocery run. Oddly enough, I didn't even want to go to this Walmart, but it was raining and my defroster is on the fritz so I went to the closest one.

congrats man! see you have defeated your unlucky streak

I also came in to say... Rider's Punisher now has been spotted, so I guess look out for that

8 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Also if you care TRU is currently selling Hela+Skurge, Grandmaster+Korg, Loki+Corvus, Luis+Ghost on Sale for 35.99 each! , Amazon is as well! Luis+Ghost is only 29.99 there

Check out the lower prices at EB! Plus Hulk/Wolverine 2-pack is $50 Cdn and Colossus/Juggs is $44 Cdn.

35 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Check out the lower prices at EB! Plus Hulk/Wolverine 2-pack is $50 Cdn and Colossus/Juggs is $44 Cdn.

yeah I saw that, awesome deals, it actually makes me mad that I bought all of these things I wanted that are now on sale for full price when they first came out, If I played the long game..... man

I just can't test it, I gotta strike when the iron is hot.. because you never know, sheesh Colossus x Juggs could have been a Dark Phoenix pack for all any one knew

it really is so hard to determine in the end what's going to be a "if you don;t buy now" type of thing anymore

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

it really is so hard to determine in the end what's going to be a "if you don;t buy now" type of thing anymore

spacer.png

It can be tough, but that's why I don't play that game. If a set comes out for 79.99, my only question is "Is it worth it to me?" If that answer is "Yes," I buy it, end of story. If the same set get's marked down to 19.99 or marked up to 179.99, is immaterial. I bought it for the price I thought was fair.

4 hours ago, mako said:

It can be tough, but that's why I don't play that game. If a set comes out for 79.99, my only question is "Is it worth it to me?" If that answer is "Yes," I buy it, end of story. If the same set get's marked down to 19.99 or marked up to 179.99, is immaterial. I bought it for the price I thought was fair.

Yeah, it is impossible to play the wait and see game. You have to decide whether the price offered is what you want to pay.

50 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Yeah, it is impossible to play the wait and see game. You have to decide whether the price offered is what you want to pay.

Exactly. It's like the Nimrod set. I want it, but not enough to pay the price they ask for it. It's a fair price I guess, just not what I'm willing to pay for it. If it goes down later, I might pull the trigger. If not, I'm not losing anything, I already decided it's not worth it.

18 minutes ago, mako said:

Exactly. It's like the Nimrod set. I want it, but not enough to pay the price they ask for it. It's a fair price I guess, just not what I'm willing to pay for it. If it goes down later, I might pull the trigger. If not, I'm not losing anything, I already decided it's not worth it.

Indeed, for me the Nimrod set is a fair price even with factoring in shipping and the like (since it's not available on Amazon.co.uk), alos I have always wanted a nimrod.

8 hours ago, mako said:

Yeah I tend to follow this motto myself, In the end it's really all about is worth it to you regardless of the price

the only thing that stings is that I really wanted the Ghost figure, but really didn't want the Luis, and I just bought that 2 pack at full price which was like probably over 60 bucks.. and now it's half price which would make it a much better buy because it's now the price of a single figure... whatever in the end really, what's done is done... how could I have known randomly a year later the price would drop so drastically

I wasn’t in a hurry to get the Nimrod set based on the pack-in of Fantomex and the less-than-stellar, repaint Psylocke but Amazon.ca mucked up by pricing the set the same as US Amazon at $79.99 (but in Canadian funds). Hopefully Canadian Amazon honours that price. The set would probably have been $109.99 Cdn.

As for sightings, Gray Beast has finally made it to Canadian Toys-R-Us here in Vancouver.

Heading out to Target today, mainly just a "look and see" run though. Being lucky enough to find all of Retro Spidey in one shot has taken care of one my two big wants for the year. I plan to take a break till the next Target Turtles set hits.

I know one thing though, after the near constant pain in the @$$ ordering through Amazon has become, when I do start up again, I'll definitely be concentrating my efforts on brick-n'-mortar. Between Pulse taking forever to ship and THEN using Fedex (who are about as reliable as a Quija board with a missing planchette), and Amazon's "hit or miss" (usually miss) shipping methods, the EASE of on-line ordering just isn't worth the hassle.

4 hours ago, mako said:

Heading out to Target today, mainly just a "look and see" run though. Being lucky enough to find all of Retro Spidey in one shot has taken care of one my two big wants for the year. I plan to take a break till the next Target Turtles set hits.

I know one thing though, after the near constant pain in the @$$ ordering through Amazon has become, when I do start up again, I'll definitely be concentrating my efforts on brick-n'-mortar. Between Pulse taking forever to ship and THEN using Fedex (who are about as reliable as a Quija board with a missing planchette), and Amazon's "hit or miss" (usually miss) shipping methods, the EASE of on-line ordering just isn't worth the hassle.

It think it depends on where you live. Walgreens and Walmart in my area have nothing. Target is a little better but still not great. I have ordered several figures from Amazon and they've always arrived quickly and in perfect condition. I haven't ordered from Pulse yet.

6 hours ago, Venom1975 said:

It think it depends on where you live. Walgreens and Walmart in my area have nothing. Target is a little better but still not great. I have ordered several figures from Amazon and they've always arrived quickly and in perfect condition. I haven't ordered from Pulse yet.

Maybe they like you better than they like me, cause I've had nothing but head-aches from them. Fortunately, their customer service department is (mostly) courteous and on the ball when these mistakes happen. I'm starting to think they have different offices for each region, and the one over my region just happens to be F'ed up as a football bat.

As for shipping? Unless I order more than one figure, they always arrive in bubble mailers. Needless to say, its a good thing I'm not one of those MOC guys.

Speaking of which, Octo-Spidey and Armored Spidey arrived today. Looking forward to cracking 'em open when I get back from Target (with any luck, carrying a War Machine).

Hey Canadian friends

Northmen Collectibles has the majority of the Deadpool wave now in stock

Tom Cassidy
https://northmencollectibles.ca/inde...s/e9310-detail

Shiklah
https://northmencollectibles.ca/inde...s/e9308-detail

Maverick
https://northmencollectibles.ca/inde.../e93065-detail

Pirate Deadpool
https://northmencollectibles.ca/inde...s/e9304-detail

and as I mentioned before
Warpath
https://northmencollectibles.ca/inde.../e9305w-detail

they also have Leader if any one is still looking for him
https://northmencollectibles.ca/inde...hse9186-detail

Found Blue Deadpool, Black Tom, and Sunspot only at a couple of spots while out this past weekend. I know many people complained about the Pirate Deadpool but he was snatched up at every spot where I found this wave.. must be a win for someone... ( or yes, it could be he was purchased to complete the Strong Guy.. have to peek on eBay to see how many loose Pirate DPs show up😁)