Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

48 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Heads up for anyone ordering from NorthmenCollectibles. They cram their items in packages that would guarantee your Marvel Legends box fold tops will be creased.

I would be more pissed if I wasn't opening these. Shipping was quick though (3 business days from Toronto to the West Coast).

EfLdczQVoAA6xgs.jpeg

Amazon does more or less the same thing. Even worse, when you order single figures, they ship in bubble mailers.

Why exactly did I up for a year of Prime again?

4 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Heads up for anyone ordering from NorthmenCollectibles. They cram their items in packages that would guarantee your Marvel Legends box fold tops will be creased.

I would be more pissed if I wasn't opening these. Shipping was quick though (3 business days from Toronto to the West Coast).

EfLdczQVoAA6xgs.jpeg

oh rad, did you get the entire wave from them? , and weird enough every time I have ordered from them they didn't box the figures this way,,, must be something new

25 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Lol! Damn it cyberdyne.

every figure you ever bought from a scalper in the recent year, will one day just turn on, come alive, and it will begin the enslavement of all collectors in a new world army against the rest of mankind, skynet will rise , really we never knew that all of these bots had a higher purpose , in the end humans will be bought and sold as exclusives to big box stores.. dun dun dunn

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
17 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

every figure you ever bought from a scalper in the recent year, will one day just turn on, come alive, and it will begin the enslavement of all collectors in a new world army against the rest of mankind, skynet will rise , really we never knew that all of these bots had a higher purpose , in the end humans will be bought and sold as exclusives to big box stores.. dun dun dunn

I cant remember the last time I bought something from ebay or from a facebook group. Definitely a fan of the waiting game. 

how you like them apples skynet!

7 hours ago, mako said:

Amazon does more or less the same thing. Even worse, when you order single figures, they ship in bubble mailers.

Why exactly did I up for a year of Prime again?

BBTS does the same. Granted the boxes have enough room but I can count on one hand how many times I’ve gotten a item in mint condition.

example, mr green goblin showed up today with a noticeable crease near the top. To get collectors grade costs more but you’d think by luck of the draw I’d get one item undamaged 

8 hours ago, mako said:

The dumb thing about it is that I was able to rearrange the 4 figures in that same box, sideways, which meant the tops wouldn't fold.

5 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

oh rad, did you get the entire wave from them? , and weird enough every time I have ordered from them they didn't box the figures this way,,, must be something new

Maverick, Shiklah and Pirate DP were not in stock (pre-orderable though) so I didn't get those. Even if they were available, I would've just gotten Maverick of those 3 remaining. Shiklah and Pirate are clearance buys for me 🙂  I got Blue Deadpool + Strong Guy head cheap on ebay a few weeks prior.

28 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

The dumb thing about it is that I was able to rearrange the 4 figures in that same box, sideways, which meant the tops wouldn't fold.

Maverick, Shiklah and Pirate DP were not in stock (pre-orderable though) so I didn't get those. Even if they were available, I would've just gotten Maverick of those 3 remaining. Shiklah and Pirate are clearance buys for me 🙂  I got Blue Deadpool + Strong Guy head cheap on ebay a few weeks prior.

Be careful, in my area Pirate DP is the only fig I can’t find.. may be the novelty or he could surprise people and be super hard to find 

11 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Be careful, in my area Pirate DP is the only fig I can’t find.. may be the novelty or he could surprise people and be super hard to find 

That's why I just bought the whole wave outright when I found it. It's bad enough buying TWO Deadpools I don't want, I just don't think I could take having to actively hunt them down.

Darn you Strong Guy.

8 minutes ago, mako said:

That's why I just bought the whole wave outright when I found it. It's bad enough buying TWO Deadpools I don't want, I just don't think I could take having to actively hunt them down.

Darn you Strong Guy.

Yes this exactly.. many people struggle to complete BAFS and may think certain figures may peg warm only to be caught off guard by surprise demand. Then have to pay extra for unwanted figures

i have been lucky enough to find most recent waves in their entirety when showing moderate patience .. the only recent ones I’m still searching for are the obvious ones from the Strong Guy wave ( Maverick,  Warpath , Pirate a DP (?.) .. so I gues we will see

9 hours ago, McHogan said:

Yes this exactly.. many people struggle to complete BAFS and may think certain figures may peg warm only to be caught off guard by surprise demand. Then have to pay extra for unwanted figures

See, no matter how successful they are with the Retro, Deluxe, or even HasLab figures, THIS is why I don't believe the BAF will ever go outta style. Nothing will ever move a pegwarmer as well as the fact it's the only way to get the crotch of Galactus or whatever.

On 8/13/2020 at 3:37 AM, enzosaurusrex said:

EfLdczQVoAA6xgs.jpeg

Same amazon prime problem here..just got my deluxe black widow NOT in a box..look at those lovely bents on the edges

Question, is it me or is the leg pegs supposed to be seen?

20200819_210836.jpg

20200819_210239.jpg