Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

Still pretty dead around here. Dropped into Target looking for the latest from a certain terrapin themed line (no luck), and checked on the ML's while I was there. The same lonely Deluxe Widow, same lonely Squirrel Girl, smattering of Gamerverse left-overs, a few 6" Gamerverse sets, and about a quarter ton of Maximum Venom Titan figures.

I really hate the summer lull.

10 hours ago, Bluecomet said:

Same amazon prime problem here..just got my deluxe black widow NOT in a box..look at those lovely bents on the edges

I tweeted at NorthMenCollectibles, saying that their primary customers are collectors yet they cram orders in too-small boxes. Dude responds with: "Primary customers are collectors. Collectors are not defined by refusing to open their items" and tells me the boxes look good from the pic I posted, that I should post pics showing the crease.

Meh I didn't want to bother. It'll just be a back-and-forth, he said he said.

Funny thing is the Hasbro boxes would have been MINT if their shipping box wasn't too small. Or better yet if they positioned the Hasbro boxes lengthwise.

As for sightings, Foxverse Brolin Cable, plus Mystique, have been showing up in Vancouver (more specifically suburbs) Walmarts. Seems like it comes 5 per box. 

6 hours ago, mako said:

Still pretty dead around here. Dropped into Target looking for the latest from a certain terrapin themed line (no luck), and checked on the ML's while I was there. The same lonely Deluxe Widow, same lonely Squirrel Girl, smattering of Gamerverse left-overs, a few 6" Gamerverse sets, and about a quarter ton of Maximum Venom Titan figures.

I really hate the summer lull.

This. Who are the Titan figures for exactly? These are in high numbers literally everywhere I hunt while the Legends I seek are few and far.

i know the obvious answer: kids. But man, seems Hasbro would see the lack of sales and budget elsewhere.

9 hours ago, Bluecomet said:

Same amazon prime problem here..just got my deluxe black widow NOT in a box..look at those lovely bents on the edges

Question, is it me or is the leg pegs supposed to be seen?

20200819_210836.jpg

20200819_210239.jpg

My Widow had same thing, seems common 

1 hour ago, enzosaurusrex said:

I tweeted at NorthMenCollectibles, saying that their primary customers are collectors yet they cram orders in too-small boxes. Dude responds with: "Primary customers are collectors. Collectors are not defined by refusing to open their items" and tells me the boxes looks good from the pic I posted, that I should post pics showing the crease.

Meh I didn't want to bother. It'll just be a back-and-forth, he said he said.

Funny thing is the Hasbro boxes would have been MINT if their shipping box wasn't too small. Or better yet if they positioned the Hasbro boxes lengthwise.

As for sightings, Foxverse Brolin Cable, plus Mystique, have been showing up in Vancouver (more specifically suburbs) Walmarts. Seems like it comes 5 per box. 

My local Walmart has cleaned their aisle and placed stickers for what’s coming. I’ve checked a few times since I noticed the spots but unless someone bought every single item then it would appear that they have not yet gotten any thing new in.. odd, at this store the product is usually on pegs shortly after the stickers show up. 

In the meantime, these empty pegs continue to tease me 

31 minutes ago, McHogan said:

My local Walmart has cleaned their aisle and placed stickers for what’s coming.

What figures were the stickers for if you don't mind me asking?

The ones in Canada seem to pair up 5 Cables with 5 Mystiques.

No Dominos, nor DP & Negasonic two-packs (not like I care for these figures) nor Xavier & Magneto two-packs.

13 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

What figures were the stickers for if you don't mind me asking?

The ones in Canada seem to pair up 5 Cables with 5 Mystiques.

No Dominos, nor DP & Negasonic two-packs (not like I care for these figures) nor Xavier & Magneto two-packs.

Spidey retro wave, Avengers assortment, Deadpool, and Xmen. Didn’t look specifically at any identifying numbers, just the names. All empty pegs but waves that had hit some time ago. Curious myself what’s going in the Avengers asst. pegs

Also smack in the middle is G.I. joe pegs.. literally in between the Legends waves pegs.. oddest thing..

nothing of pegs for any Fox movie stuff now that you mention it.. hmmm next time I’m there I’ll have to take a closer look

I forget the Xmen sets aren’t all SDCC sets.. only the Logan old man Professor X are technically SDCC correct?

and Cable / Mystique are Walmart exclusives but the rest are or should be available at fine stores everywhere?

1 hour ago, enzosaurusrex said:

The only exclusives are Cable (Walmart) and Logan movie set (Pulse).

Which is why I found it weird that Cable and Mystique have been spotted in the same stores, in all cases.

So I found a Walmart today that had Movie Cable in stock, I went there in less than 30 minutes, walked into the Toy aisle to see not one single legend... nothing not even a pegwarmer , Yay Walmart

however if anyone in Canada wants Lightning collection Winners seems to have a whole bunch of Dog Ranger and White Ranger for 12 bucks

Haven’t seen much of Strong guy wave other than 1 blue deadpool. No big deal as I don’t have a ton only interest in the wave. My target still has a few AoA and gamerverse figs, WM has no MLs currently although both stores did carry retro spidey wave that have sold since. 

the ghostbusters figures don’t seem to be selling at all. Seems like a pretty random time to release those at mass retail in the first place. They look nice though 

I haven’t seen any jazware fortnite at either store since March. 

Is there a list somewhere that has all the codes for Popfindr? This was super accurate for me to grab my Moon Knights but am having trouble finding numbers for retro Spidey, War Machine.. 

sorry if there is already a thread for this, any help would be appreciated 

Also: been on Fwoosh, they don’t have current DPCI, barcodes etc

I went into one of my local Targets just for kicks and found the remnants of the Strong Guy wave to my surprise.    Just Deadpool and Black Tom Cassidy on the shelf laying there.  I had already ordered Maverick from HP and didn't think that I was going to be interested in any of the other figures, but Black Tom got me thinking that I can pair him up with Juggy.  I also feel that Banshee will be getting that Hasbro update love soon, so I might as well prepare for that fighting Cassidy cousin's reunion.  

My Ronan knock-off arrived today. Interestingly, it arrived in a bubble mailer post marked from Cucamonga, CA instead of China, where I ordered it from. No doubt some kind of precaution against Covid. Whatever, it's here.

Took a little jiggering with an X-Acto knife to free up some frozen elbow articulation (a LOT of flashing), but otherwise fairly good condition . . . for a Chinese knock-off.

12 minutes ago, mako said:

My Ronan knock-off arrived today. Interestingly, it arrived in a bubble mailer post marked from Cucamonga, CA instead of China, where I ordered it from. No doubt some kind of precaution against Covid. Whatever, it's here.

Took a little jiggering with an X-Acto knife to free up some frozen elbow articulation (a LOT of flashing), but otherwise fairly good condition . . . for a Chinese knock-off.

Very curious about this, mind showing some pictures I'd love to see how "legit" it looks 👍

On 8/20/2020 at 11:56 PM, Gigantor said:

Hit a few Targets, Wally worlds, Walgreens today, nada, zilch, caca! Lots of GB & Multiverse figs clogging the pegs though & few AOA  figs as well.

In my area the  AOA wave is flooding shelves.. seems they over ordered..