Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

What is the deal with Walgreens pre ordering? Tonight just got notified they canceled my pre order for my two Moon Knights.. I recently found them in stores so I’m good ( couldn’t cancel because it was being prepared) but GD, this is twice they canceled my saying they couldn’t authorize payment.. 

i am 1000% positive my paypal account had enough to cover.. same thing happened to my IM2020 order.. as I’ve said I’ve found both in stores before my preorders were scheduled to come in so no harm done but with Silver Centurion announced and US Agent  rumored for Walgreens exclusives this is more stress than I need to hope I can get these.. 

8 minutes ago, McHogan said:

What is the deal with Walgreens pre ordering? Tonight just got notified they canceled my pre order for my two Moon Knights.. I recently found them in stores so I’m good ( couldn’t cancel because it was being prepared) but GD, this is twice they canceled my saying they couldn’t authorize payment.. 

i am 1000% positive my paypal account had enough to cover.. same thing happened to my IM2020 order.. as I’ve said I’ve found both in stores before my preorders were scheduled to come in so no harm done but with Silver Centurion announced and US Agent  rumored for Walgreens exclusives this is more stress than I need to hope I can get these.. 

They're terrible I got the same thing and I just got payed this week so I know the money was there to cover it. They shouldn't do preorders at all if they can't fill them or can't cut them off before they accept too many. 

Nice score finding them in the wild though. I'm off to ebay. No Walgreens around me has had an exclusive since Punisher.

27 minutes ago, greenlucario said:

They're terrible I got the same thing and I just got payed this week so I know the money was there to cover it. They shouldn't do preorders at all if they can't fill them or can't cut them off before they accept too many. 

Nice score finding them in the wild though. I'm off to ebay. No Walgreens around me has had an exclusive since Punisher.

Well I guess that this is happening to others is small consolation.. super annoying that Walgreens essentially shifts blame to me by saying card can’t be authorized.. crappy move..

maybe check the buy/sell/trade area before hitting eBay, lots of members have been very gracious with helping others get Moon Knight

My local WM had 6 of the new Cable figures in stock today.  I passed as my rule is to only shell out $25 for figures on my "must-have: list or BAF sized figures, but i'll admit it wasn't that easy as he is pretty nice looking.. kind of surprised myself by showing a little discipline lol.   This WM had no other ML figures, Black series figures, or GI Joe figures on the pegs. Also no jazware fortnite.  But plenty of DC 1000 Batman  and of course about a million ghostbusters figures.

21 hours ago, McHogan said:

Can't remember where I read it (could have been on this site in a previous forum or even this forum) but someone had stated that there may be issues using PayPal for preorders. It was something along the lines of the order getting rejected by PayPal and/or Walgreens if it's been over 30 days from when the order was placed 'til the order was being fulfilled.

2 hours ago, Emnems80 said:

Can't remember where I read it (could have been on this site in a previous forum or even this forum) but someone had stated that there may be issues using PayPal for preorders. It was something along the lines of the order getting rejected by PayPal and/or Walgreens if it's been over 30 days from when the order was placed 'til the order was being fulfilled.

The only hole I can see in this theory is I used my normal credit card when I preordered Iron Man 2020 which also got canceled..

who knows..just hope by the next time I order from them they have it figured out

On 8/24/2020 at 5:26 PM, McHogan said:

The only hole I can see in this theory is I used my normal credit card when I preordered Iron Man 2020 which also got canceled..

who knows..just hope by the next time I order from them they have it figured out

Damn, then that just sucks. I wonder if it's a distribution/regional thing. I wonder if certain areas of the country have higher demand than supply, and in those areas more people get their pre-order cancelled. Either way it sucks all around that it got cancelled.

My frustrating Sunday-night Walgreens preorder-cancellation had a happy ending today, as I tip-toed over the border into Delaware and found a pair of tax-free Moon Knights. I had called ahead and had them set aside, and when I got there my heart sank a bit because I decided to check out their toy section before picking up my figures at the counter, and the only Legends they had on the shelf were Beetle and Tombstone, both from the wave that had the other Moon Knight figure. Thankfully, the set-aside Knights were the new one, which looks fantastic. I'm officially not only collecting X-Men Legends now, I guess, though my non-X-Men wants are extremely meager, consisting so far only of Moon Knight, armoured Daredevil, black costume Spidey, and that new Carnage.

On 8/23/2020 at 10:00 PM, SeanWhitmore said:

The short, unfortunate answer is that we shouldn’t even be calling it preordering; it’s more like the Walgreens Lottery.

Store exclusives continue to be the bane of our hobby. It should be easy:  company makes what we want, and we give company money for it.

Or in the case of store exclusives:  Store puts exclusive up for PRE ORDER, company manufactures the volume to satisfy that PRE order.  Supply and Demand, Economics 101.

It feels like the future of our hobby is Haslab crowd-funding.

On 8/24/2020 at 12:17 PM, bashpics99 said:

My local WM had 6 of the new Cable figures in stock today.  I passed as my rule is to only shell out $25 for figures on my "must-have: list or BAF sized figures, but i'll admit it wasn't that easy as he is pretty nice looking.. kind of surprised myself by showing a little discipline lol.   This WM had no other ML figures, Black series figures, or GI Joe figures on the pegs. Also no jazware fortnite.  But plenty of DC 1000 Batman  and of course about a million ghostbusters figures.

it would help us collectors if you gave a location, so that we can know where to go to get one of those 6 impossible-to-get Cables

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
17 minutes ago, mars396 said:

Store exclusives continue to be the bane of our hobby. It should be easy:  company makes what we want, and we give company money for it.

Or in the case of store exclusives:  Store puts exclusive up for PRE ORDER, company manufactures the volume to satisfy that PRE order.  Supply and Demand, Economics 101.

It feels like the future of our hobby is Haslab crowd-funding.

How do you figure? They have 3 funded projects. Hasbro produces so much more than action figures. If Hasbro lost accounts with Wal-mart, Target, Walgreens, Meijer, etc they would be screwed. Lots of Hasbro's sales are created through foot traffic. Adult collectors are great source of revenue, but i don't think Hasbro putting all their sales online would the smartest thing for them. 

20 minutes ago, mars396 said:

In order for this to work we'd all have to get used to preordering somewhere between six months to a year out. There's a lot more econ to learn after 101, after all, not to mention supply and demand is really just a principle about pricing, namely that prices go up if demand exceeds supply, and vice versa. There's a supply and demand sweetspot for maximizing profit, obviously, but that sweetspot is notably not necessarily when demand is completely satisfied. It's entirely possible that Hasbro is nailing that sweetspot and you're just falling on the wrong side of it. Capitalism is neutral, after all. It doesn't care about people.

33 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

How do you figure? They have 3 funded projects. Hasbro produces so much more than action figures. If Hasbro lost accounts with Wal-mart, Target, Walgreens, Meijer, etc they would be screwed. Lots of Hasbro's sales are created through foot traffic. Adult collectors are great source of revenue, but i don't think Hasbro putting all their sales online would the smartest thing for them. 

If presales selling out within minutes of being put online is somehow fun for you, then great.  

It is not fun for me.  Our hobby is broken. 

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
37 minutes ago, mars396 said:

If presales selling out within minutes of being put online is somehow fun for you, then great.  

It is not fun for me.  Our hobby is broken. 

Excuse me? Making a lot of assumption there. it's fun for me cause i don't take it too seriously. I also have patience and can play the long game. Everything shows up eventually. A lot of times people who get things first pay way too much anyways. The only figure i haven't seen show up in bulk after several months is the Target Red Hulk and Neca turtle sh#t. But Neca turtle stuff is only allowed certain quantity per quarter or something, which is something they need to sort out with playmates.  it's  hobby. i have multiple hobbies and i take turns with all of them. 

8 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Excuse me? Making a lot of assumption there. it's fun for me cause i don't take it too seriously. I also have patience and can play the long game. Everything shows up eventually. A lot of times people who get #$## first pay way too much anyways. The only figure i haven't seen show up in bulk after several months is the Target Red Hulk and Neca turtle sh#t. But Neca turtle stuff is only allowed certain quantity per quarter or something, which is something they need to sort out with playmates.  it's  hobby. i have multiple hobbies and i take turns with all of them. 

Wal-greens Silver Surfer

10 hours ago, Benn said:

My frustrating Sunday-night Walgreens preorder-cancellation had a happy ending today, as I tip-toed over the border into Delaware and found a pair of tax-free Moon Knights. I had called ahead and had them set aside, and when I got there my heart sank a bit because I decided to check out their toy section before picking up my figures at the counter, and the only Legends they had on the shelf were Beetle and Tombstone, both from the wave that had the other Moon Knight figure. Thankfully, the set-aside Knights were the new one, which looks fantastic. I'm officially not only collecting X-Men Legends now, I guess, though my non-X-Men wants are extremely meager, consisting so far only of Moon Knight, armoured Daredevil, black costume Spidey, and that new Carnage.

I could have saved you the heart attack lol.