Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

The issues with Target's online stock are particularly frustrating due to the pandemic. I'm not making any shopping trips unless I actually need essential items, which cuts down my chances of finding their exclusives in store (I probably end up going to Target about once a week, on average.). Traditionally, Target has been very good about stocking exclusives, but I think more of their inventory is going to cover online orders/pre-orders, and scalpers are being particularly opportunistic lately (Probably also due in part to the pandemic.). 

My Falcon and Kang (As well as a Transformers set that wasn't supposed to ship until early November) pre-orders on Amazon said they were supposed to ship yesterday. They haven't but still say they're going to arrive tomorrow- but all of them now say "temporarily out of stock." Have anyone's Joe Fixit wave figures actually shipped from Amazon yet?

On 9/28/2020 at 10:46 AM, mako said:

Considering most of those e-tailers you're so worried about are the first to tack on those scalper mark-ups (a practice Pulse does NOT share) and over-priced shipping, I got no problem with any or every one of them going under.

Plus, nobody complains when Neca sells their own stuff.

That's not scalping. Target, Wal-Mart and Amazon order items in much higher quantities from Hasbro, so they get a cheaper wholesale price than any collector-targeted e-tailers. An e-tailer that directly buys from Hasbro can't scalp. A lot of retailers charge a little more than Target, Amazon, etc.- GameStop does. Kay-Bee toys used to on a lot of non-clearance items. Buy where you want to, but that isn't scalping. 

On 9/28/2020 at 11:46 AM, mako said:

Plus, nobody complains when Neca sells their own stuff.

They definitely complain about NECA, both when they don't sell their own stuff (like the TMNT movie line) and when they do, because they attach ridiculous shipping costs of $14 and up to the simplest to ship items.  

4 hours ago, mars396 said:

Hello Legends fans
I am about to pre-order a very desired figure

Who, in your experieince,  typically ships first ?

bbts ?
Megalopolis ?
Dorkside?

someone else ? (sold out on Pulse)

Probably Dorkside ships first, but you have to pay upfront.  BBTS doesn't usually get them in until after Pulse, so quite a bit after others, but you don't pay up front.  Don't know anything about Megalopolis.

I’m still hoping to be pleasantly surprised that my Avengers wave will arrive tomorrow from Amazon as that is still the estimated arrival day. But.. my credit card has not yet been charged so I’m dubious that that will both charge and arrive the same day.

well if 8pm comes and goes tomorrow and no Avengers then I guess it will be shipped at a later date. I’m still optimistic but a few signs are giving off strange vibes

Also Walmart has given me a Nov 3rd ship date for Venomized Cap.. not sure how I feel about that fig still.. guess I’ve got more time to decide

not Legends but is any one else tempted by that D&D Forgotten Realms Drizzt and Guenhwyvar? Feel like he could be custom fodder plus an Articulated Panther?!?! Yes please. Besides obvious choices like Ursa Major, Gorilla Man and Zabu I would like to see more animals from Hasbro

6 hours ago, mako said:

War Machine arrived at lunch. Funny thing, I didn't hear the UPS guy knock, and the "We Missed You" notice fell off the screen door, so I spent about ten minutes trying to find where the guy hid the package on the porch.

This happens to other guys, right?

Bet your neighbor stole your Warmachine!!! 

Nah, I’m sure it arrives tomorrow.. you are going to love that figure

2 hours ago, McHogan said:

Bet your neighbor stole your Warmachine!!! 

Nah, I’m sure it arrives tomorrow.. you are going to love that figure

No, it was there, he had just put it out of sight. Once I found the notice he left, and deciphered his hand-writing, it lead me right to it. UPS I never have trouble with, USPS is murder. That's why I prefer buying from places that use shipping services OTHER than the post office.

In any case, I'm waiting for tomorrow when my Jocasta and Falcon arrive to open Rhodey. Much as I love cracking open a brand new figure, opening multiple figs is WAY better.

Ugh... woke this morning to an email from Amazon delaying my Avengers until mid October.. bummer.

between the 20th and 22nd is new delivery estimate.. not shocked just bummed.

still from announcement to shipping only a matter of weeks (instead of a week!! ) not bad. Guess will see if they keep the mid October date..

24 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Ugh... woke this morning to an email from Amazon delaying my Avengers until mid October.. bummer.

still from announcement to shipping only a matter of weeks (instead of a week!! ) not bad. Guess will see if they keep the mid October date..

tbh amazon saying the figures would be in stock on sept 30th sounded too good to be true, and lo and behold.

Although unless this wave is criminally understocked a la Endgame wave 3, i don't think it will be that hard to get ahold of.  

I had also pre-ordered an Amazon-exclusive Transformers 2-pack that was originally slated to ship in early November, that also got bumped-up to arriving today... that now says it will be arriving in late October to early November (got notices for my Falcon and Kang being delayed, too.). I wonder if they thought they were getting a big shipment of Hasbro stuff earlier than expected, but then that didn't pan out...? Amazon has been having "release dates" after most other retailers get their Legends waves (i.e. them just "releasing" the Strong Guy BAF Deadpool wave.). Weird how inconsistent things are- you wouldn't think a huge retailer like Amazon, ordering from Hasbro in huge quantities, would get stuff so much later than other retailers, including other huge retailers like Target. "Shrug."

3 hours ago, McHogan said:

Oh, you got one of those to?

My Falcon and Jocasta won't arrive till sometime between the 18th and the 28th. I figured something like this would happen when I hadn't received a shipping notice last night.

Wouldn't bother me so much, as I wasn't expecting them till early November anyway, but THEY are the ones who contacted ME, and told me they would arrive today instead.

On the bright side, after another little dance with customer support, I walked away with 10 bucks in courtesy cash.

Just received my Hellfire Club set from Hasbro Pulse!!!!!  Ooh la la!  First thing, I want to complement Hasbro for sending the set in a fitted cardboard box, that gives further protection to the packaging.   The figures themselves look terrific, with tons of accessories and the packaging is gorgeous.   A tremendous set.  Hopefully down the road we will see a Jason Wyngarde/Mastermind and Harry Leland.  Now I'm just waiting for my Hellfire Guards (Goons) to complete this for now.

Hellfire Club.jpg

3 hours ago, darknight86 said:

Just received my Hellfire Club set from Hasbro Pulse!!!!!  Ooh la la!  First thing, I want to complement Hasbro for sending the set in a fitted cardboard box, that gives further protection to the packaging.   The figures themselves look terrific, with tons of accessories and the packaging is gorgeous.   A tremendous set.  Hopefully down the road we will see a Jason Wyngarde/Mastermind and Harry Leland.  Now I'm just waiting for my Hellfire Guards (Goons) to complete this for now.

Hellfire Club.jpg

May I ask when you ordered the set and how long the shipping took?

I ordered on the Wednesday for Premium Members right at 9am (Pacific) when it went live. My FedEx shipping originally said it would arrive in WA state on Oct 8th but has now been updated Oct 12th. I don't get it.

31 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

May I ask when you ordered the set and how long the shipping took?

I ordered on the Wednesday for Premium Members right at 9am (Pacific) when it went live. My FedEx shipping originally said it would arrive in WA state on Oct 8th but has now been updated Oct 12th. I don't get it.

As a Premium Member as well, I ordered the set at roughly the same time you did (but 12PM Eastern).  When I have shopped on HP the warehouse that items are shipped from is in PA, and the FedEx turn around time works out to be two days for me in NJ.  I know that when I was checking the tracking, there was a notification that FedEx was closely monitoring the wildfires in the Northwest and they state that some service delays and disruptions can be anticipated for inbound and outbound shipments in the areas of CA, OR and WA.  That's probably what's affecting your shipment.  Be patient my friend.