Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

Ran out for some errands this afternoon and was pleasantly surprised to find the Silver Centurion Iron Man, Pirate Deadpool, Warpath in stores  and my Magneto / Professor X from GameStop arrived.

not the Avengers set Amazon delayed for me but a pretty good haul regardless

52 minutes ago, darknight86 said:

As a Premium Member as well, I ordered the set at roughly the same time you did (but 12PM Eastern).  When I have shopped on HP the warehouse that items are shipped from is in PA, and the FedEx turn around time works out to be two days for me in NJ.  I know that when I was checking the tracking, there was a notification that FedEx was closely monitoring the wildfires in the Northwest and they state that some service delays and disruptions can be anticipated for inbound and outbound shipments in the areas of CA, OR and WA.  That's probably what's affecting your shipment.  Be patient my friend. 

Thanks for the reply buddy. 

I had it shipped to my US address, though I live in Canada (shipping to Canada is like $25 plus the possibility of getting charged Customs), and who knows when the US/Canada border will be opening so I probably won't see this set until next year lol. So yes I'm definitely patient.

I was just curious about the discrepancy in shipping times. I have noticed that shipping from Pulse to my address has always been at a snail's pace compared to others, even before COVID, forest fires, etc. Thanks again for the reply.

Got my Storm & Thunderbird 2-pack today.  It was delivered to my old apartment but, fortunately, I only live a few miles away.  I was tied down with meetings when I got the delivery notification so I sent my wife on a secret mission to go swipe it off the building's front porch.  She's a keeper, that one.

Storm is tiny!  Her fist hands are little baby fist hands.  She's undersized in both height and weight all around, and then her fist hands and upper torso are undersized in proportion even to the rest of her.  Her heads are both awesome.  The rest of her is my biggest legends disappointment in a long, long time.  And yeah, black armbands?  What the hell?

Thunderbird is great all around except no fists.  Not one fist?  Storm gets two heads, two capes, and six (!) hands, but ol' T-Bird doesn't get to throw a punch?  Professor Xavier is a jerk! 

2 hours ago, monron999 said:

Anyone making any headway with the Storm/Thunderbird pack? My local Target is still holding strong that they will not release or hold them till Sunday's street date, but I just know they're gonna be gone by the time I get there, which will be right when they open.

I managed to get one on Tuesday, and it's a good thing I did, because only one Target in Philly (and two in the suburbs) got any copies in, and they're basically all gone already. One of Storm's "casting" hands was missing a finger, which I didn't notice until opening, but otherwise my set is great: good paint and great sculpts.

I also got one of my Hellfire Club sets in from Pulse yesterday, and the other today, so a good week all around.

2 hours ago, monron999 said:

Anyone making any headway with the Storm/Thunderbird pack? My local Target is still holding strong that they will not release or hold them till Sunday's street date, but I just know they're gonna be gone by the time I get there, which will be right when they open.

I've picked up four so far. Awesome pack. 

I got The Storm/Thunderbird set some days ago. Popfindr showed my local Target got a case in and I drove out there and got me a set. Not as hard as I thought it would be. This is where working nights pays off I guess. I did pay for it for the rest of the week with lack of sleep lol. I hope I can get Gambit and Rogue this easily.

Most Targets within 25 mi of me have been showing 4 Storm sets in stock since Tuesday, 1 or 2 stores went down to 0 or 1 since and a couple have gone up to 5 or 6, but so far seems like most are holding the line as far as keeping the street date.  That's fine by me, i have more of a problem with stores being inconsistent about  adhering to street dates than having one, as one collector (or scalper) cajoling employees into getting a set out of the back for them tends to set off a chain reaction among the collectorati, as does one store putting stuff out on the shelves early.  I think Target also has other figures like the x-men movie stuff that is  street dated for the 4th, too.   Well, we'll see what happens tomorrow! 

3 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

Most Targets within 25 mi of me have been showing 4 Storm sets in stock since Tuesday, 1 or 2 stores went down to 0 or 1 since and a couple have gone up to 5 or 6, but so far seems like most are holding the line as far as keeping the street date.  That's fine by me, i have more of a problem with stores being inconsistent about  adhering to street dates than having one, as one collector (or scalper) cajoling employees into getting a set out of the back for them tends to set off a chain reaction among the collectorati, as does one store putting stuff out on the shelves early.  I think Target also has other figures like the x-men movie stuff that is  street dated for the 4th, too.   Well, we'll see what happens tomorrow! 

The problem I have is that it seems a lot of the stores are working with the local scalpers. I guarantee, if the shelf at Target is empty I can go to one of those particular shops and see them on their shelves for double the price.

I've brought it up to management in the past but I'm not sure how responsive they've been cuz for the most part, it seems like they're willing to just say anything to appease me just to get me out of their face.

8 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

I have learned to ignore the street date since the Cobra Island fiasco. Also started using Popfindr as well pretty regularly with dealing with Target Exclusives. I am with you on obeying the street dates but if stores are not going to obey it then I want my fair chance at them. When I saw the Storm 2 pack pop up I knew I better go down there and check when they open or I would regret it later and it was a good thing I did. I got that crossed off my list of wants.

5 hours ago, monron999 said:

The problem I have is that it seems a lot of the stores are working with the local scalpers. I guarantee, if the shelf at Target is empty I can go to one of those particular shops and see them on their shelves for double the price.

I've brought it up to management in the past but I'm not sure how responsive they've been cuz for the most part, it seems like they're willing to just say anything to appease me just to get me out of their face.

Some of it I found is that some of the employees are hiding them and selling them on Ebay. With this whole Cobra Island Fiasco going on, I got to know some of my other collectors in my area and some of the employees. I had one guy beat me to a Baroness and turn around and sell it to someone else in the parking lot. Target that morning claimed they only had the one set when Popfindr said they had two. I saw the other one got sold later that day. I was beyond pissed. I called Target Corp. and complained about them claiming they only had one and how there was two of us there that morning when they opened. They apologized and said they would investigate. I never brought up Popfindr to them on the phone. A week later I managed to get one.

1 hour ago, Dodge76 said:

Some of it I found is that some of the employees are hiding them and selling them on Ebay. With this whole Cobra Island Fiasco going on, I got to know some of my other collectors in my area and some of the employees. I had one guy beat me to a Baroness and turn around and sell it to someone else in the parking lot. Target that morning claimed they only had the one set when Popfindr said they had two. I saw the other one got sold later that day. I was beyond pissed. I called Target Corp. and complained about them claiming they only had one and how there was two of us there that morning when they opened. They apologized and said they would investigate. I never brought up Popfindr to them on the phone. A week later I managed to get one.

Don't believe everything you here. Target has an excellent asset protection department that will come down on employees pulling that sort of crap REAL quick.

1 hour ago, RAMCAT said:

I went to Target before they closed on the 3rd and they wouldn’t pull me a storm 2pack. Had 7 in back, according to the store’s item check kiosk thing-a-majigger and popfindr. Then after midnight, went from 7 to 2 🤔

Same thing happened to me. Except they only had 4 and now they're down to 1. Makes you wonder. Guess I'll still try to get that 1, but probably not going to happen.

2 hours ago, greenlucario said:

Same thing happened to me. Except they only had 4 and now they're down to 1. Makes you wonder. Guess I'll still try to get that 1, but probably not going to happen.

Well, mine went from 4 to 3 overnight somehow.  Anyhow swung by at opening and nothing in the toy aisle (which as a complete mess like a hurricane hit it), unfortunately the only employee in sight was busy helping some ladies with Pops and i was in a hurry as i have religious services to attend this morning so i couldn't stick around to bug him to try and pull a set from the back.  If popfindr doesn't go down to 0, i'll try again this afternoon.  Trip was not a total loss as i found Morph for $10 so now Sugarman is complete!!  And tbh i'm not too upset as shelling out $50 basically for storm wasn't sitting too well with me anyhow, so having made the effort i can just blame target if i don't end up getting ahold of the set.  🙂

4 hours ago, RAMCAT said:

I went to Target before they closed on the 3rd and they wouldn’t pull me a storm 2pack. Had 7 in back, according to the store’s item check kiosk thing-a-majigger and popfindr. Then after midnight, went from 7 to 2 🤔

I been watching Popfindr and my local Target was at 0 because they sold all of their's before today and now they have 2 in stock as well as the other 3 Targets around my area in other cities. I think they have been reshuffling their stock to make sure each Target has at least 2 on hand for when they open today. Thats at least my thoughts why the counts have been going down after midnight.

34 minutes ago, Dodge76 said:

I been watching Popfindr and my local Target was at 0 because they sold all of their's before today and now they have 2 in stock as well as the other 3 Targets around my area in other cities. I think they have been reshuffling their stock to make sure each Target has at least 2 on hand for when they open today. Thats at least my thoughts why the counts have been going down after midnight.

I think there was a brief period in the middle of the night when you could order one from the website, maybe that accounts for the inventory changes if stores are filling local orders from their local inventory. Dunno.

11 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

I think there was a brief period in the middle of the night when you could order one from the website, maybe that accounts for the inventory changes if stores are filling local orders from their local inventory. Dunno.

Yeah, maybe.

I think it was a mistake in the system, maybe my local store expected four cases and only had one.  For anyone using popfindr, I think the numbers are the number of cases, because when I got there, there was one case, four total 2 packs in the store.  Of course it was a crazy time, literally had people running for it, and one scalper was present for sure, wasn't real pleased with me and two other collectors getting one each for ourselves.  Glad to score one.