Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

Finally got most of the latest Iron Man/ Ursa Major wave in my hands. Love it! Such an eye-pleasing wave of figures, man!

A little disappointed with the Guardsman's paint job; I find that darker green isn't dark enough and he's almost looking as though he's all the same colour. Anyone else find that?

And speaking of issues...the knee joints on my Darkstar are ridiculously rubbery! The worst I've ever seen yet in an ML. Any one have this problem with her too??

Modular Iron Man is a work of art. I both love and am jealous too that this figure got boot swivels and yet Silver Centurion and War Machine didn't. Ah well. If they could have done anything more for this figure, it would have been to add a Tony Stark head with his 90's mullet hair😎. Having Modular IM standing next to War Machine is one of those Life is now Complete moments for me man!

Still waiting on Ultron, but am super-excited!

Found a Iron Man / Thanos Infinity Saga set in Indiana today but this was the only one of this wave I’ve found in the wild. Target and others said August 1st for nearly all of the IW figures but are sets dropping at different dates? 

Edit: so I had two of these sets on order  for MSRP from Amazon but since I found 1 in the wild I tried to cancel 1 of the Amazon sets only to cancel both on accident. So I looked up the set  to re-order 1 and every one listed was over $100 .. G.D IT!!!  however I recalled logarithm talk on this site about Amazon and how they update it as orders are canceled and sure enough about 20 minutes later I found the set again for the normal MSRP... WHEW!!

Oh dang, forgot..Walmart sent my John Walker Caps too... both arrived in 2 days in pristine shape. With free shipping it’s like I found them in stores, very happy with Wally World on this exclusive. 

Heres hoping the Infinity War Cap comes through as easily. 

So that odd ball Venomized Cap remains the only Walmart Cap exclusive that they screwed up on.. essentially I ordered 2 but they said the could only send me 1.. though did find one in stores later

On 8/6/2021 at 1:52 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Unexpected this Bad boy showed up from EB Games

SURTUR.jpg

This is an odd question but do you know the dimensions of the box Surtur comes in? Looking for a couple of these ( 1 for me and 1 for a friend ) but I’m going to have to ship my friends 

On 8/8/2021 at 8:43 PM, McHogan said:

This is an odd question but do you know the dimensions of the box Surtur comes in? Looking for a couple of these ( 1 for me and 1 for a friend ) but I’m going to have to ship my friends 

It's 20cm W x 36cm H

it's a pretty big box.

On 8/1/2021 at 2:26 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I'm not finding the Build-A-Bear wave here in Houston/Katy. Anyone finding it in their area? What stores? Any information would be much appreciated.

I just saw one figure on a peg at a Books A Million and it was the Hologram Iron Man. Still no shows at Target and Walmarts here.

Right now there are zero Marvel legends at either of my local Walmarts or at my local Target.  this is pretty rare as usually at least one of them will have a few leftovers from earlier waves but it looks like the walmarts are in the process of a reset.  I assume either the Iron Man wave or the Infinity Saga figures will start showing up shortly.

The only line in abundance was DC Multiverse - spotted the gold label Armored Darkseid and white Azrael, plus the gold Batman-Flash guy.  Picked up Darkseid.

On 8/9/2021 at 12:25 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

It's 20cm W x 36cm H

it's a pretty big box.

I was able to find one today as well as another IM/ Thanos set.  Got 1 per customered  again by Target.. man no consistency with this store. 

Ill go back tomorrow in the hopes someone puts  the sets out. 

So far all I’ve found in the wild are these two sets. Cancelled my Odin’s from Pulse after so many posted that he was nearly shelf warming already. Hopefully that was the right choice.

In a particularly good mood today, but still to blessed hot to go hunting, so I finally broke down and ordered most of the Build-a-Bear wave from Pulse (Ultron is sold out). I did make up for it by tacking on a She-Hulk.

I know I could've gotten the entire wave for 19.99 a piece at brick-n-mortar, or lower even, but like I said it's to hot for that hunting crap. Plus, this way I can use Paypal and stretch out the tab with Pay in 4.

Let the FedEx man run around in 90+ heat, and bring my toys to me, that's worth the extra 20 something . . . right?

I’ve had the Ursa Major wave for a little bit but only just opened them tonight. This wave is exactly how you do a wave of a few repaints or figures with little new tooling. Just amazing from top to bottom.

You can really tell the budget went to Ursa he is freaking amazing

Ultron.. what can I say, classic design and Hasbro knocked its out if the park.

Guardsmen, another classic suit, Darkstar easy repaint but looks very nice. Maybe this could be an easy way to get a Crystal figure.?

i heard about the brittle crotch on Stealth Iron Man But didn’t realize mine was broke IN THE PACKAGE. found another thankfully. This one was dusty out of the box, remember someone commenting on that.

Hologram IM is fun as is Iron Heart. The gem is Modular IM but I just know we will get him in lighter colors down the road.

On 8/13/2021 at 8:20 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I picked up some of the Iron man wave today at one of my local Wal-Mart's in West Houston/Katy.

Hanging beside it was a full set of Disney+figures including Wanda. Must have just been put on the shelf. 

Happy Hunting yall!!

Found the exact same thing at my nearest Walmart a few days back. No Modular Iron Man though. Funny thing is, I went by a couple days later and most of the Ursa Wave, and ALL the D+ figures were gone, but there was a single Mod IM. As always, plenty of Shang-Chi figures to be had though. Sadly, the time (and temperature) of year has sucked the collecting bug right outta me, so I left 'em for the next collector . . . I'm cool like that.

On 8/13/2021 at 11:22 PM, McHogan said:

I heard about the brittle crotch on Stealth Iron Man But didn’t realize mine was broke IN THE PACKAGE. found another thankfully. This one was dusty out of the box, remember someone commenting on that.

Yeah, both my Stealth Iron Man and Guardsman had a lair of dust on them. It was weird.

On 8/13/2021 at 11:22 PM, McHogan said:

i heard about the brittle crotch on Stealth Iron Man But didn’t realize mine was broke IN THE PACKAGE. found another thankfully. This one was dusty out of the box, remember someone commenting on that.

People reported dusty plastic with some of the BOTBG figures too. 

Some posters at the fwoosh seem to think the brittle crotch is associated with a specific batch - 10751. the batch number is on the back of the package near the BAF picture. Just something to maybe watch out for... not sure i buy the theory 100% but probably if i saw a stealth iron man with that number i'd skip it.

On 8/14/2021 at 5:49 AM, RyanDaly said:

Yeah, both my Stealth Iron Man and Guardsman had a lair of dust on them. It was weird.

That IS odd. The dust associated with mineral leaching (if that's what this is) is certainly not unheard of in action figures, but I've never seen it THIS widespread before. The first (and last) time I encountered it was with my first DCUC Nightwing and Hal Jordan figures back in the day.

That, and the Stealth Crotch issue, make me wonder if the Has' wasn't cutting a couple extra corners to save a penny.