Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

On 10/15/2021 at 5:53 PM, Dodge76 said:

My Reed Richards showed up on my doorstep with a nice surprise when I opened my front door! Something jumped me and I was jumping around to get whatever it was off. I don't know what it was but a nice start for my morning. Reed came from Dorkside Toys.

Ha. Well I hope it wasn’t someone. 

On 10/15/2021 at 6:53 PM, Dodge76 said:

My Reed Richards showed up on my doorstep with a nice surprise when I opened my front door! Something jumped me and I was jumping around to get whatever it was off. I don't know what it was but a nice start for my morning. Reed came from Dorkside Toys.

Wow I loved this

a sneak peak into the life of Dodge76 and their opening the door retrieving of parcels antics

episode 1 : the unexpected guest

Dodge : "whoa it's that reed richards fig I ordered"

spacer.png

On 10/15/2021 at 10:26 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Wow I loved this

a sneak peak into the life of Dodge76 and their opening the door retrieving of parcels antics

episode 1 : the unexpected guest

Dodge : "whoa it's that reed richards fig I ordered"

spacer.png

I found out it was a pretty good size lizard. I did not know what got me lol.

On business in Orlando and found Eternals Sersi & Makkari. I’ve heard Sersi’s likeness hasn’t been great but mine looks really good. Gemma is stunning so this is a remarkable feat. No idea who this actress is playing Makkari so no idea if this is a good likeness. Box art lends me to think she is stunning too.. figure’s face looks nice tho. (Too bad about Selma’s Ajak).

This just leaves Sprite and Kingo and Ajak and I can wash my hands of this boring a$$ wave.. now bring on the marketable characters please 😁

Dropped into Walmart this weekend, and low and behold, the only Legend on the pegs was Gamerverse Miles Morales. Unfortunately, when I got home, I realized some @$$-clown had pulled a repackage. Miles and all his accessories were there, but the Armadillo piece had been replaced with an Ursa Major arm!

I'm usually more observant than that, but this one time I couldn't see past ole' Kid Arachnid. I decided to keep it anyway though. Legends are a tough find around here, and like I said, I was mostly just there for Miles. I figure if I have to buy him again, I can keep the arm and sell the figure on Ebay. It's not like I wasn't planning on selling off the MCUs from the wave anyway.

It just bugs me that there are still dinks out there doing this sort of thing.

On 10/19/2021 at 11:03 PM, mako said:

Dropped into Walmart this weekend, and low and behold, the only Legend on the pegs was Gamerverse Miles Morales. Unfortunately, when I got home, I realized some @$$-clown had pulled a repackage. Miles and all his accessories were there, but the Armadillo piece had been replaced with an Ursa Major arm!

I'm usually more observant than that, but this one time I couldn't see past ole' Kid Arachnid. I decided to keep it anyway though. Legends are a tough find around here, and like I said, I was mostly just there for Miles. I figure if I have to buy him again, I can keep the arm and sell the figure on Ebay. It's not like I wasn't planning on selling off the MCUs from the wave anyway.

It totally sucks when people do that, well... correction, more of dickheads and I can only imagine how frustrating that can be. I haven't found myself in that position yet, but seriously this needs to stop for everyone out there.  

On 10/19/2021 at 4:03 PM, mako said:

That is a bummer. I too try to look every thing over before purchase but every now and again one slips past. The first time I spotted the AIM Scientist Supreme it wasn’t until I got him home that I realized someone snagged his clip board. Immediately returned it but the clerk looked at me like I stole his accessories.. 

On 10/10/2021 at 3:33 AM, Jormungand said:

Where do you live?! I have been searching my metro area Walgreens for months. I hope this means I will find him and then Quasar before this supply chain bottleneck gets worse... its going to be an empty shelves Christmas this year.

North East MD. 

Morlun and Shriek came in from BBTS and while Shriek is a nice figure, Morlun steals the show.  He feels like a win after such a long time having passed since stories like The Other and Spider-Verse, and while I know JMS' run is controversial at best, I've always loved his Morlun stories and the character was one of my major wants for years and years on our annual wish lists.  I'm glad Hasbro took the time and did him right, about the only thing I could want are some fists, but that's a pretty small problem with an otherwise excellent figure, and yeah, I'm aware I might be a tad biased here.  Maybe the other Inheritors can happen someday.  

So these things hit the shelves two weeks ago and I swear the only thing that's changed is that they put Seaweed Man on the shelves between then and now. And no, he's not any better in person. Seriously, it is ultra bland and boring. Terribly shiny and the paint aps are surprisingly sloppy. And to top it off it looks just as stiff and ridged as the other figures in the wave. I know the MCU fans are trying to see the best in these, and good for you if that's your thing, but these are just all sort of mediocre. And yes, I understand that if the movie is good the interest in the figures will increase, but from early reviews by the real audience (not the industry shill "pros"), the outlook is bleak.

20211019_164824.jpg

20211019_165029.jpg

On 10/21/2021 at 10:55 PM, monron999 said:

So these things hit the shelves two weeks ago and I swear the only thing that's changed is that they put Seaweed Man on the shelves between then and now. And no, he's not any better in person. Seriously, it is ultra bland and boring. Terribly shiny and the paint aps are surprisingly sloppy. And to top it off it looks just as stiff and ridged as the other figures in the wave. I know the MCU fans are trying to see the best in these, and good for you if that's your thing, but these are just all sort of mediocre. And yes, I understand that if the movie is good the interest in the figures will increase, but from early reviews by the real audience (not the industry shill "pros"), the outlook is bleak.

20211019_164824.jpg

20211019_165029.jpg

Seaweed man.....😆 I figure these will be on clearance by the holidays to make room for new ML stuff.

On 10/23/2021 at 12:43 AM, Benn said:

Oh, good! Glad you were able to get it.

Ya I was honestly worried Amazon Canada has been pretty bad in fulfilling orders for their exclusives in Canada, they came through.

also anyone wanting Omega Red let me know.

Found the Target Vulture. Very nice figure but the arm snap on pieces limit the sculpt and have a tendency to pop off. Also the visor will no doubt be hard to keep on.. and still.. the biggest bummer is getting this redo figure in deluxe but no Keaton head.. boo

On 10/21/2021 at 11:55 PM, monron999 said:

20211019_164824.jpg

20211019_165029.jpg

I am with you entirely and I’m one of the biggest MCU fans here. I’ve got nearly all of them and aside from Thena they are rigid and boring. The little weirdo Druig looks like a creep..As much as I can’t wait for each new MCU film, these figures suck. So did the Shang Chi figures. 

And the odd distribution is baffling. Until very recently every store within 50 miles of me only had Druig. 8 Druigs in each store. Then slowly I’d see other stores have 6-7 of 1 other character. So one character at a time. You can’t tell me the demand is THAT high for any of these.. it’s truly bizarre how this wave has been released.

The only thing this MCU fan is making the best of this wave is that it is out of the way and we can get back to ‘true ‘ Marvel heroes and films. Just my opinion.

Also been piecing together the What If? Wave. So far in the few places I’ve seen them the boxes have all been in terrible shape.. maybe the worst I’ve seen on shelves. Just an observation. Many times I’ve seen one or two boxes damaged but not EVERY box in every store. Just a weird coincidence no doubt.

Zombie Cap is a lot of fun. The sculpting is off the charts. Still not a fan of the overall animated look of the line tho.. I get it, it’s a cartoon but I’d rather have them fit in with the other 98% of my MCU collection. 

Have yet to see Sylvie in the wild. Her and Tchalla Star Lord seem to be this waves ‘hard to get’ figures.. seems there is always two.. at first anyway.. 

On 10/24/2021 at 8:09 PM, McHogan said:

Have yet to see Sylvie in the wild. Her and Tchalla Star Lord seem to be this waves ‘hard to get’ figures.. seems there is always two.. at first anyway.. 

Actually, I got the T'Challa and it's right in line with what you said about the cartoon styling. I was hoping the mold would be a sign that they would be doing a modern Starlord soon but this buck is awkwardly gangly and skinny and very much in the vein of the Into the Spiderverse figures and does not look good with most of the main line. If and when they do get around to doing modern Starlord I sure hope this is not the one they use. Unfortunately, if Hasbro follows it's standard practice of cheaping out and producing as few new molds as possible, that's exactly what they'll do.

On 10/24/2021 at 9:21 PM, monron999 said:

Actually, I got the T'Challa and it's right in line with what you said about the cartoon styling. I was hoping the mold would be a sign that they would be doing a modern Starlord soon but this buck is awkwardly gangly and skinny and very much in the vein of the Into the Spiderverse figures and does not look good with most of the main line. If and when they do get around to doing modern Starlord I sure hope this is not the one they use. Unfortunately, if Hasbro follows it's standard practice of cheaping out and producing as few new molds as possible, that's exactly what they'll do.

Just curious.. are you building the Watcher? If so, what do you think of the style? While I much prefer the classic look, which is why I’ve kept my Select pre-order for classic Uatu, this version to me has an MCU feel to it. It’s updated and could fit into any MCU film. 

Be curious if the Watcher ever appears in an MCU film, other than that end of credits scene in GOTG V2, if he’d look like this What If design. 

Wasnt a fan of the Watchers  look at first but he is growing on me. 

I agreee as well that the animated figures definitely look more stylized and ‘gangly’ than how people really look and wouldn’t translate well to look like either  film or comic characters. It’s kind of a bummer because I’ve gotten all but Sylvie and really no place to fit them in..

id be all in if Hasbro made more Zombie versions of MCU characters tho.. I hadn’t seen any reviews of ZCap and was a little blown away by the detail and gore. Truly the star of this wave for me.

On 10/21/2021 at 11:55 PM, monron999 said:

20211019_164824.jpg

20211019_165029.jpg

Was just on Amazon and saw the majority of the Eternal figures are on clearance already. Shocker. 

Ive justified getting these stinkers because I’ve been able to use accumulated gift cards, merch cards or coupons and have paid about half of what most stores are asking for. 

With less than stellar  film reviews I’m sure I can get the few remaining for a decent discount as well