Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

On 10/26/2021 at 10:01 PM, McHogan said:

With less than stellar  film reviews I’m sure I can get the few remaining for a decent discount as well

Yeah, I know review bombing has been the BS go to reason for bad reviews of movies like Black Widow and Suicide Squad (which was actually quite good) as of late, but when industry pushers like the Disney friendly professionals can't even find anything nice to say about this movie, it might be in big trouble.

On the bright side, when the "pros" say a movie is terrible, that's usually a good indication that it's actually pretty awesome from a consumer's point of view. It usually just means it just fails to push their favored brand of politics as hard as they wanted it to. We only want to be entertained and aren't always searching for some deeper meaning and don't want to be preached at.

Jury is still out, but I do hope for the best.

On 10/26/2021 at 10:01 PM, McHogan said:

Was just on Amazon and saw the majority of the Eternal figures are on clearance already. Shocker. 

Ive justified getting these stinkers because I’ve been able to use accumulated gift cards, merch cards or coupons and have paid about half of what most stores are asking for. 

With less than stellar  film reviews I’m sure I can get the few remaining for a decent discount as well

No doubt. I just came away from Gamestop's website where I picked up Phastos at 17 something, which is the most I've paid for an Eternals figure outside of Thena, which was the only one I paid MSRP for. I'll collect the line because, in a weird way, I find their genericness . . . interesting, but I won't pay full price. Hell, the only reason I snagged Phastos at THIS price was to score the free shipping for the Tigra figure I was ordering anyway.

Just leaves me needing Druig, Kro, and Kingo.

Retro FF wave came in way earlier than expected from Dorkside today.  Solid overall wave, but definitely Sue's face is as bad, or in my opinion worse than it looked in the promos.  Quick headswap with an extra modern Sue fixed that, might even try to kitbash the hair from the retro head with the modern Sue if I feel daring.  Love having the team in these suits but between Sue's face and Johnny there's some real low points in this wave.  Johnny has quite a few sculpted flames and they're not particularly translucent which is jarring compared to the rest of the body.  For me, I still prefer the Walgreens Torch.  Thing is still that same super bright orange, really wish the colors were more in line with the Walgreens Thing, but the headsculpts add some nice options here, hard to fault the figure since that mold is excellent.  Reed is a real star here with the included lab coat, but they really need to use the elongated arms from the Walgreens version more often.  High Evolutionary is a welcome addition and Psycho Man is incredibly impressive in his execution and of course really are the standouts of the wave.  

On 10/27/2021 at 7:47 PM, greenlucario said:

Retro FF wave came in way earlier than expected from Dorkside today.  Solid overall wave, but definitely Sue's face is as bad, or in my opinion worse than it looked in the promos.  Quick headswap with an extra modern Sue fixed that, might even try to kitbash the hair from the retro head with the modern Sue if I feel daring.  Love having the team in these suits but between Sue's face and Johnny there's some real low points in this wave.  Johnny has quite a few sculpted flames and they're not particularly translucent which is jarring compared to the rest of the body.  For me, I still prefer the Walgreens Torch.  Thing is still that same super bright orange, really wish the colors were more in line with the Walgreens Thing, but the headsculpts add some nice options here, hard to fault the figure since that mold is excellent.  Reed is a real star here with the included lab coat, but they really need to use the elongated arms from the Walgreens version more often.  High Evolutionary is a welcome addition and Psycho Man is incredibly impressive in his execution and of course really are the standouts of the wave.  

Sues face worse than pictured?  Oh no. I was really hoping it would look better in hand. 🤦🏻‍♂️

On 10/27/2021 at 9:08 PM, LordVenger said:

Sues face worse than pictured?  Oh no. I was really hoping it would look better in hand. 🤦🏻‍♂️

oh noo, Yeah Was hoping it would look better, and not like bloated Rene Zellweger from Bridget Jones Diary like in the promos too bad it's worse, what the hell Hasbrooos

On 10/27/2021 at 8:38 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

oh noo, Yeah Was hoping it would look better, and not like bloated Rene Zellweger from Bridget Jones Diary like in the promos too bad it's worse, what the hell Hasbrooos

You know what really irritates me about this is the fact that hasbro obviously knows this sculpt turned out bad right. So why haven’t they just come out and said hey sorry guys and we are going to pack in a different sue head in a upcoming release to fix this. That should have been the first thing that happened well besides not approving it in the first place. 

On 10/28/2021 at 9:01 PM, LordVenger said:

You know what really irritates me about this is the fact that hasbro obviously knows this sculpt turned out bad right. So why haven’t they just come out and said hey sorry guys and we are going to pack in a different sue head in a upcoming release to fix this. That should have been the first thing that happened well besides not approving it in the first place. 

Yeah the quality on some of these figures has really gone down hill.

On 10/29/2021 at 7:28 AM, monron999 said:

4 weeks and holding at my local Target. Not shown, the 4 Seaweed Man/Men(?) on the bottom shelf with no price tag. I wonder if they were already marked down. This is crazy. Never seen anything like it.

20211028_164208.jpg

they are everywhere right now (well, not Walgreens i guess).  I'm sure a lot of people are savvy enough to wait it out til these hit clearance, and of course others aren't into mcu and can just skip the wave entirely.  Maybe Hasbro's approach of mixed comic/mcu waves wasn't such a terrible idea after all - - as it stands, no comic figure collectors have any incentive to get these guys. 

The price increase isn't helping either - since it happened have only picked up Ultron and Thena (and i already kinda regret Thena, although she's a pretty nice looking figure).

I will reiterate that its a bit frustrating that comic based waves barely show up at retail but yet the shelves are full of case after case of this wave (and, previously, Shang-chi wave).  But i shouldn't complain too much as the only BAF wave figures i haven't seen in the wild this year are the Hand Ninja and the entire What if Wave (??).  

Also keep in mind that, for whatever reason, Target got full cases of figures from the Eternals and Shang-Chi wave, with two figures from each not showing up at retail at all.  Regardless of anyone's opinion or interest level in the Eternals wave, they're basic enough where no store needs a full case of 8 of most of these characters.  They did it this way back with the Venom wave, too.  Had they received regular cases of the entire wave, I don't think it would look this bad.  Not sure why Target and Target only is receiving distribution this way for movie waves.  🤷‍♂️

On a different note, I received the Fantastic Four Retro wave today from DorkSide.

On 10/29/2021 at 8:52 AM, Neal said:

On a different note, I received the Fantastic Four Retro wave today from DorkSide.

Me too. Uuuugh, there is no forgiving that face sculpt on Sue. Not everyone can be a super model, but damn, when the Celine Dion head on Phoenix looks like a beauty queen in comparison, you go some major problems.

Did they dig that isht up from the Dark Days of ML, or what? Jack Kirby and Stan the Man are rolling in their graves. Luckily I bought an extra Walgreens Sue, Haven't tried to swap 'em out yet but I hope it works. Does anyone have any input on whether it works or not?

On 10/28/2021 at 10:01 PM, LordVenger said:

Yeah Hasbro seems like they have really puffed up their ego in the last year or so, seems like they got the "we know you are going to buy this no matter what" idea, and they are not wrong, they might also have the same mentality they had with the new Anniversary Cap's holes in his Sheild, "the you probably already have like 10 Cap Shields in your toybox" They probably presume you have at least one Sue head you can use, or hey buy another Sue. Either way I agree they should be apologizing, maybe like the whole White Dino ranger who had no paint apps on his helmet, they can send everyone who bought Sue a replacement head.

On 10/29/2021 at 9:52 AM, Neal said:

Also keep in mind that, for whatever reason, Target got full cases of figures from the Eternals and Shang-Chi wave, with two figures from each not showing up at retail at all.  Regardless of anyone's opinion or interest level in the Eternals wave, they're basic enough where no store needs a full case of 8 of most of these characters.  They did it this way back with the Venom wave, too.  Had they received regular cases of the entire wave, I don't think it would look this bad.  Not sure why Target and Target only is receiving distribution this way for movie waves.  🤷‍♂️

By any chance are the two figs not showing up at Target are Sprite and Kingo? These are the only 2 I’ve not seen in the wild and judging by the pics I’ve seen of the rest of the peg warming wave those to are always the ones missing. 

On 10/29/2021 at 7:28 AM, monron999 said:

4 weeks and holding at my local Target. Not shown, the 4 Seaweed Man/Men(?) on the bottom shelf with no price tag. I wonder if they were already marked down. This is crazy. Never seen anything like it.

20211028_164208.jpg

It blows my mind that some here and on other sites proclaimed that this was the best wave of the year. I’m shaking my head as in my experience with this terrible wave is much the same as your pic.. just clogging shelves.

ive often stated how big an MCU fan I am and that I collect every MCU Legend but this is just embarrassing. Just hoping Hasbro doesn’t point to this wave and say nobody supported a full line of MCU figures so other lines will be cut back. I’m sure if Hasbro had done a full set of all MCU Characters from EndGame ( I know. they finally got around to it in the 3rd wave) we wouldn’t be having this discussion. As near every character in that film was a “big name” character. 

Only light at end of tunnel is Disney’s two experimental films are out of the way and they can get back to characters fans care about

On 10/29/2021 at 10:22 PM, McHogan said:

It blows my mind that some here and on other sites proclaimed that this was the best wave of the year. I’m shaking my head as in my experience with this terrible wave is much the same as your pic.. just clogging shelves.

ive often stated how big an MCU fan I am and that I collect every MCU Legend but this is just embarrassing. Just hoping Hasbro doesn’t point to this wave and say nobody supported a full line of MCU figures so other lines will be cut back. I’m sure if Hasbro had done a full set of all MCU Characters from EndGame ( I know. they finally got around to it in the 3rd wave) we wouldn’t be having this discussion. As near every character in that film was a “big name” character. 

Only light at end of tunnel is Disney’s two experimental films are out of the way and they can get back to characters fans care about

My local Wal-Mart's and Tarjays are packed with these figs going on 2 weeks now. For those of you that Are MCU collectors, I'd wait another month or so till these are clearanced at about $5 or so. To the casual observer, they might think these are from LOTR or GOT movie/ series.

On 10/29/2021 at 11:56 PM, Gigantor said:

My local Wal-Mart's and Tarjays are packed with these figs going on 2 weeks now. For those of you that Are MCU collectors, I'd wait another month or so till these are clearanced at about $5 or so. To the casual observer, they might think these are from LOTR or GOT movie/ series.

I’ve only seen these at local Targets.. nothing to be found at Walmart or GameStop. Odd timing as both the What If? Wave is popping up as well as reports that the  Spidey MCU wave is out too., makes you think that stores aren’t stocking all three.. 

im sure it’s happened before but what was the last time 2 or more NEW waves were on shelves at once? I should clarify that in any Target that I’ve seen the What If wave they did not have The a Eternals wave.. and vise versa

On 10/27/2021 at 9:08 PM, LordVenger said:

Hopefully, mine was a bad copy, but yeah it's bad.

On 10/29/2021 at 10:29 AM, monron999 said:

Me too. Uuuugh, there is no forgiving that face sculpt on Sue. Not everyone can be a super model, but damn, when the Celine Dion head on Phoenix looks like a beauty queen in comparison, you go some major problems.

Did they dig that isht up from the Dark Days of ML, or what? Jack Kirby and Stan the Man are rolling in their graves. Luckily I bought an extra Walgreens Sue, Haven't tried to swap 'em out yet but I hope it works. Does anyone have any input on whether it works or not?

Didn't try that head, but since all three Sues have the same body I'm reasonably sure the swap will work.  I may have to dig out my Walgreens Sue just to see if it's a better swap than the modern one. 

On 10/29/2021 at 10:13 PM, McHogan said:

By any chance are the two figs not showing up at Target are Sprite and Kingo? These are the only 2 I’ve not seen in the wild and judging by the pics I’ve seen of the rest of the peg warming wave those to are always the ones missing. 

Yeah, there's something weird about them. They went up on Amazon for a "blink and miss it" second, which indicates to me that there's a major no show for these characters everywhere. Way I hear, they only sold these things in cases per figures. I guess these two floating somewhere in the Pacific right about now.