Marvel Legends Sightings and Hauls thread

aaozz9

On 5/7/2022 at 4:58 PM, bashpics99 said:

Anybody else hearing rumors about Target phasing out MLs from stores?  I noticed that the there were no SKU tags for MLs in the toy aisle at my last visit to my local Target, but thought maybe it was just temporary. They did have a few MoM figures on a random endcap (not the Marvel endcap elsewhere that has Funkos and the Defender Strange tag) as well as eternals in clearance section. Anyhow i heard other stores have completed resets but without skus for MLs and again leftover MLs put on random endcap

My Target has cleared out their Legends as well. No Thor Love and Thunder wave at all. I do know what the deal is.

On 5/10/2022 at 6:50 AM, Dodge76 said:

My Target has cleared out their Legends as well. No Thor Love and Thunder wave at all. I do know what the deal is.

I don't want to overreact, i just found it weird.  For all we know they plan on setting up a display with the L & T wave closer to the movie release date or something. 

Of course, that means collectors willing to pay msrp will have already picked up the figures elsewhere, but that's Target's problem.  

I do think if they were going to cut a hasbro line, I would probably choose Fortnite or even the black series before MLs  (I assume target is pretty invested in the GI JOe line and wouldn't be quick to cut it).

On 5/7/2022 at 5:58 PM, bashpics99 said:

Anybody else hearing rumors about Target phasing out MLs from stores?  I noticed that the there were no SKU tags for MLs in the toy aisle at my last visit to my local Target, but thought maybe it was just temporary. They did have a few MoM figures on a random endcap (not the Marvel endcap elsewhere that has Funkos and the Defender Strange tag) as well as eternals in clearance section. Anyhow i heard other stores have completed resets but without skus for MLs and again leftover MLs put on random endcap

It started when they did that ordering a case of only one or two characters BS
That drove me straight to gamestop, where I could complete a BaF.

I almost bought "kiddie" figures of Thor and Jane Foster when I saw them on pegs.  I thought they were Marvel Legends in closed packaging.  Thanks to marvelousnews.com, I was able to realize that they were still window boxed.   I know I am going to get screwed by this new packaging.

Agree, the new packaging will burn us all eventually.

well, I’ve searched for the new Thor wave but Michigan is a black hole. Wasn’t the street date last month? No sign in Targets, Wally World or GameStop at all. 

On 5/14/2022 at 9:27 PM, McHogan said:

Agree, the new packaging will burn us all eventually.

well, I’ve searched for the new Thor wave but Michigan is a black hole. Wasn’t the street date last month? No sign in Targets, Wally World or GameStop at all. 

I saw a few L & T figures at one Walmart a couple of weeks back (Starlord, Jane Foster Thor, 2 armored Thors) but thats it.  I presume they are waiting until closer to the movie date. Plus iirc this is the 1st wave with the new $25 price tag so perhaps some adjustments to planogram must be made. At least that's why i assume the target reset didn't have any tags for MLs in the toy aisle, i'm guessing its an endcap display for L & T MLs initially, then a return to the action figure aisle once the movie promotion endcap is done.  Hope i'm right.

And yeah i hate that packaging. i think its  big mistake as far as retail sales for MLs go, maybe for the more kid-oriented hasbro lines it won't matter as much.

My local Target has marked remaining MoM figures down to $16 and change (Wong, Chavez, Mordo).  Still too high for me as i already have Wong and the movie really didn't make me want the other two characters very much nor make me want to complete the BAF at all.

On 5/16/2022 at 5:02 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Got this Bad Boy today

ULIK.jpg

Nice. I have one on pre-order but can’t say I’m anxiously awaiting his arrival. In the time since I pre-ordered there was another price hike so I have already decided it’s back to strictly MCU and comic Avengers for me. 

Guess we will see, wouldn’t be the first time a figure I had not intended to keep charmed itself into my collection 

On 5/17/2022 at 5:06 PM, McHogan said:

Nice. I have one on pre-order but can’t say I’m anxiously awaiting his arrival. In the time since I pre-ordered there was another price hike so I have already decided it’s back to strictly MCU and comic Avengers for me. 

Guess we will see, wouldn’t be the first time a figure I had not intended to keep charmed itself into my collection 

Yeah hey I'd say you will find this guy charming in hand, I really like it, also it's really great to get a nice Thor villain, at least if you collect comic avengers and you have a Thor you should have  Ulik, don't the classic Villains count? I'd say he's a pretty great addition to a classic display, with so few Thor villains out he's like one of the top dogs, but I'm not sure how big of a seller this guy is going to be so maybe wait on a price decrease but who knows.

On 5/17/2022 at 5:49 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah hey I'd say you will find this guy charming in hand, I really like it, also it's really great to get a nice Thor villain, at least if you collect comic avengers and you have a Thor you should have  Ulik, don't the classic Villains count? I'd say he's a pretty great addition to a classic display, with so few Thor villains out he's like one of the top dogs, but I'm not sure how big of a seller this guy is going to be so maybe wait on a price decrease but who knows.

I have actually made that argument with myself that while there aren’t any great Avengers v Ulik stories, he is one of THOR’s big bads and that inner battle is why he is on pre-order haha

But if Hasbro wants to throw in the occasional Count Nefaria, Graviton, Executioner... there would be no hesitation!!

On 5/17/2022 at 6:33 PM, McHogan said:

I have actually made that argument with myself that while there aren’t any great Avengers v Ulik stories, he is one of THOR’s big bads and that inner battle is why he is on pre-order haha

But if Hasbro wants to throw in the occasional Count Nefaria, Graviton, Executioner... there would be no hesitation!!

Yeah I think that he's pretty important in an Avengers Display, you can have all the heroes but I think you should at least have 1-3 baddies for each respective hero on the shelf or whats the fun in that, it's also fairly easy to build up classic avengers villains since in reality we don't have to many especially if you just count the substantial ones. I really hope Hasbro keeps on with the Bad Guys waves, there are still so many characters we need, that it blows my mind we don't have yet.

Just found remnants of the new Thor L&T wave. Picked up Armored Thor, King Valkyrie, and Gorr.

This is my first round with the latest price hike. 3 figures for $75. This stings. I’m really not sure how I’ll continue to justify the cost of this hobby

and not to be the forebearer of bad news in regards to the upcoming plastic free packaging but there were two other figures from this wave I passed on, another Armored Thor missing  paint in one eye and a second Star Lord missing the guns and BAF piece. So this is the future of this hobby? (Im)patiently waiting for new merch then luck into finding the figures only to get them home and see this same jerk has already taken what he wanted from the figure I just paid $25 for. Or spending $25 on figures within missing paint. I’m just sick thinking how much of a cluster f*** this could turn out to be.

Finding more of the Thor L&T wave at Walmart.. only place in Michigan and Indiana I've been able to find them

Got Ravenger Thor and Groot so just down to Might Thor. In regards to Jane, is the blond hair accurate? Seems in the trailer her hair is light brown but definitely not as blond as the figure depicts. 

These appear to be nicely done figures for the most part. Glad to see that Gorr isn't as "concept arty" as I had feared. 

Don't Need anymore Deadpool's I say all the time, but I'm a sucker for a Deadpool, a new toy store opened up in my neck of the woods, and this was the first time I've seen this Retro DP on an actual shelf, I had to buy it, looks too good, no shame in the game Ha

RetroDP.jpg

Gamestop Ireland are selling some Marvel Legends again, they have the Rintrah wave and Korg waves for the non-cheap price of €35, along with both Ulik and Ragnarok for an average €50. They also have some of the 60th anniversary Spidey figure for pre-order, but I'm sure you can get them cheaper.