Price question?

CRobTheCreator

well, thats over $20 per figure and i got my entire set for $5 each clearanced at walmart in 2007 excecpt for invisible woman and i paid $15 at my local comic shop. i wasn't really all inpressed by the wave. i only kept moleman as a matter of fact and of course ronan. but if you like it thats all that really matters. so ' in answer to your question : yes, too much.

I feel like you didnt do too bad. I can never find the Namor or Doom for a lower price, and its an absolute given that people charge too much in shipping. You have to do what you have to do to get what you want sometimes. Finding something on clearence is always awesome but your chances of ever seeing them around that price again are the slimmest ever.

I would say yes, but that just because I can go to Gordmans (a discount dept store) and buy all the figures but Sue for $7.99. So that's $56 for seven figures and I'm sure I could pick uip Sue for $20 or so on eBay. But if that's what your happy with then cool.

If you can find Sue for $20 more power to you. I never saw this set at retail so I had to go the Ebay route and completed this back in November. Everything was relatively cheap on Ebay with the exception of both Sue and Namor. I ended up paying roughly $30+ shipping for each of them. Not what I wanted but it was the only way to complete the set. If prices have come down since then great. But all things considered, based on my experience trying to get this set, I would say $165, unfortunately, sounds like teh best you can do. I believe I paid roughly the same

I would say yes, but that just because I can go to Gordmans (a discount dept store) and buy all the figures but Sue for $7.99. So that's $56 for seven figures and I'm sure I could pick uip Sue for $20 or so on eBay. But if that's what your happy with then cool.

If you can find Sue for $20 more power to you. I never saw this set at retail so I had to go the Ebay route and completed this back in November. Everything was relatively cheap on Ebay with the exception of both Sue and Namor. I ended up paying roughly $30+ shipping for each of them. Not what I wanted but it was the only way to complete the set. If prices have come down since then great. But all things considered, based on my experience trying to get this set, I would say $165, unfortunately, sounds like teh best you can do. I believe I paid roughly the same

I got sue off ebay for 15 buy it now a few weeks ago.It was Namor that i spent the most on.

You probably paid a little too much, but dude, don't worry about it. If you really wanted them, then what the heck? You shouldn't dwell on the past. Especially if you can't do anything about it.

If it makes you feel any better, when they first came out, I paid like $23.99 for a FFF Absorbing Man on Ebay, because I thought it was going to be tough to find, and then I saw two of them a week later at Target.

Also, look at it this way... If Marvel Legends isn't completely dead, then it's pretty close, so what were you going to spend your figure buying money on anyway? You might as well take the opportunity to fill in the holes in your collection, and unless you get EXTREMELY LUCKY and find just what you're looking for at some discount store, Ebay is pretty much your only option.

Yeah, you paid a bit too much. I wish I new you were looking for them, acording to where you are from, you're about 30 minutes from me. I could have gotten you Thing, Mr.F, Burnt Doom and Johnny for 8$ or less. send me a list of stufff you are looking for. I probably won't be online again for awhile, but I'll contact you ASAP.

jiM

well, thats over $20 per figure and i got my entire set for $5 each clearanced at walmart in 2007 excecpt for invisible woman and i paid $15 at my local comic shop. i wasn't really all inpressed by the wave. i only kept moleman as a matter of fact and of course ronan. but if you like it thats all that really matters. so ' in answer to your question : yes, too much.

Kinda the same here. I got a couple for full price. My kids bought one each at full price. Then I got the rest at WM for $5 each after Christmas that year - they had tons of each of them. I wish I would have gotten a bunch of the Sue Storms. Who knew she'd skyrocket in price?

I agree with the majority, it's all in what makes you happy.

I'm in the same boat you're in. I live in a high traffic city along a major highway that connect the E & W coasts. The Walmarts, Targets & even Kmarts in my town turn almost every ML in stock around in a matter of days if not hours. I've found some ML in the bargain section only from time to time and those are just the less popular over produced ones like Iron Man Reborn and Doc Samson.

I very rarely find any ML in stock unless I happen apon them at just the right time or someone tips me off and even then they're mostly picked over. The only time I ever find a complete set is usually right after I've given in and purchased the same set online. It makes the chase fun when I have the time but's not very often. I also have a few contacts that give me the heads up but, once again, that's only assuming I have the time. About 70% of my entire collection is bought from second or third sources such as BBTS or Ebay (damn you ebay with your new Paypall policy).

Just go by your gut. If your happy with it and the price you payed for it, it's a good buy. You usually know the second you open the box. Of course you may feel some buyer regret on some line or even specific figures. I was very happy overall with my MLFF purchase but dispise the Namor figure. Hasbro does make a hard piece of plastic, that piece of crap won't break no matter how hard I throw it. I was so happy with the Rulk that I bought the entire set when I found it at Target even after I had already orderd it online.

I'm in the Harrisburg, PA area. I was at Ollie's Bargain Outlet (similar to Big Lots) a few months ago. I was walking down their toy isle and saw they had some FF series figures. I didn't expect to find what I was looking for, but I took a look anyway. I found Dr. Doom in there for $6!!! I couldn't believe it. And the funny thing is, there was this kid coming up there behind me and I think I snagged Doom before he was about to. TOO BAD FOR THAT KID!!! Then I just had to buy Moleman off of eBay and now I have my Ronan, which is a very awesome BAF.