wm exclusive x-men origins wolv. 6" 2 packs

thedevilsdue06

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could care lees about these guys really (oh wait I do!). All I care about it the (possible) re-issue of X3 Jean. The figure we got was horrid. And then Marvel releases 2 more Jean figures, Black Queen & Marvel Girl, only to be repaints!!! So I hoping for a new re-sculpted X3 Jean, but I doubt it'll ever happen.

WHY WASN'T SHE MADE???

IMG_2247.jpg

i dont even have words for this. as i said before, i never saw so much crap coming from just one company. i dont know what some some of you see in this? maybe it is because you havent gotten the toybiz movie figs and this is all you got.cyclops sonn is higher then colossus. beast is becoming a dwarf? i mean what the? realy desperating here. go yesterday i had the chance to finish my ares figure but i said to myself "why should i give 20bucks for a stupid kang figure, that i allready have" i said no because hasbros figs are lame and everyone can see how lazy they realy are.

Yes, this is crap. A movie version of Wolverine that's nearly smaller than Hank (I wonder if anybody at Hasbro has seen the movie) and, by the way: nice theater gloves, Logan! Hope these garden instruments on your hands will not ruin it. Hell, after looking at the rabbit toothed Weapon X from the the Origins line I thought I've seen it all. But it's obviously possible to fall deeper and deeper. These days there's not much money left for buying toys and it is more fun to save it for Sideshow and Hot Toys.

I guess the only thing we can take from this is Hasbro is still producing some 6" figure of some type and seem to feel there is an audience that will buy them no matter how shitty they are.

Cyclops is lame. Does Hasbro even have possesion of any other mold than the Bullseye body? And there is no longer any consideration for size or scale. Right Tarantula?

I mistakenly thought the latest reason for Hasbros terrible sculpts was because they were diverting the attention of all their sculpters to the MU line, but it turns out they are subcontracting the sculpting out to a seperate design and art studio. Can't remember the name and don't care, if just for the simple fact of their involvement with MU. That also addresses some questions as to why prices are so high. Good plan of attack Hasbro. Are you following GM's and Ford business models?

If Hasbro had just applied this much effort to ML it would still be going strong. The MU do look terrible, but I assume a reputable art studio could do a much better job on a figure twice the size. I think it's just further proof that Hasbro's intent the entire time was to reduce ML to 3-3/4".

I wonder if the price hike was hasbro's idea or wal-mart's.. If it was hasbro perhaps they're trying to price out the 6inch line considering the last set of 2 packs ended up on wal mart dot com for couch change. Then they can clean up and profit maximize with 3x less plastic (mu) but 3/4 of the cost to the consumer (and a higher profit), because they will no longer be producing the substitute/competitive good in the market (6in legends) - I just grabbed these in providence and something about paying 24 bucks for one new figure and a repaint of a clearance ml just makes me mad at both hasbro and wal-mart. You wonder if they're in fact complicit in the marketing strategy.. On the other hand, what do people think about target blowing out the wolverine figs at 5 bucks a whack this week?

These figures are pathetic. I have no idea why Hasbro would repaint their Marvel Legends when they could have just reissued Toy Biz's X2 figures. They clearly have the Toy Biz molds as they're already released plenty of Toy Biz's Spider-Man movie toys. If anyone needs to see some comparisons to see how horrible these figures truly are here you go.

This is IMO the best looking Wolverine Toy Biz put out. Of course the drawback is that he has an action feature.

9400988c.jpg

This is the version that came with the X2 X-Jet. He's super articulated, and better than the individually released figure because he doesn't have a giraffe neck. The problem with the super articulated figures however is that they lack the belt buckle.

97fa2dc4.jpg

Standard Cyclops.

dd6e33db.jpg

Trench coat Cyclops has a superior headsculpt since his visor isn't removable.

c1afe698.jpg

The X-Team

087a4473.jpg

Um I really want these. I dont know what is hard to believe about that. Has anyone seen them anywhere else?

Because they're stock bodies with all the details painted on. It makes the figures look very crappy and cheap. Wolverine's head sculpt is also horrific. I don't know how anyone could look at the Toy Biz figures I posted and still want the Hasbro releases.

I saw these in Albuquerque about 2 weeks ago, but didn't even look twice. Just looked like typical Hasbro rerelease and already having all the movie figs and not very fond of them in the first place, I didn't even examine them enough to realize there was anything new about them. But honestly was anyone here holding their breath for more crappy movie figures?

Hasbro, I know you have a bunch of now useless molds and sculpt prototypes lying around, but listen. You would do a lot better to produce something no one has yet even if its just an occasional release to suppliment your main product line.

I do however agree a movie Lady Deathstrike is long overdue. Too bad Hasbro shut ML down right about the time they figured out how to make a decent female figure with the Elektra / Ronin 2 pack.

I guarantee we'll see a box set of rereleased X-Movie villains before we see anthing we want.

Hasbro's just sitting on an X3 Angel prototype that they could have released in one of these sets and I'm sure would have sold a lot more than either of these. Hell... why didn't they just use the body from this Angel figure for their Cyclops? It's the same body, just pull the wings off and give it a Cyke head.

l_d49ed6626a137021d7bd7e2495fd9413.jpg

It just upsets me to see wasted potential.

you gotta think that Hasbro almost wanted these figures to fail.. I mean come on.. a complete waste of 2-packs... totally crappy figures that were pegwarmers when they were first released... and now they have higher prices??!?!!?

It's like Hasbro put this crap out so that they can say "see, 6 inch figures don't sell anymore"

I can't believe that Hasbro killed the 6 inch scale so quickly..

they really could have been much more successful simply reissing hard to find Toybiz figures and offereing interesting repaints..

you gotta think that Hasbro almost wanted these figures to fail.. I mean come on.. a complete waste of 2-packs... totally crappy figures that were pegwarmers when they were first released... and now they have higher prices??!?!!?

It's like Hasbro put this crap out so that they can say "see, 6 inch figures don't sell anymore"

they really could have been much more successful simply reissing hard to find Toybiz figures and offereing interesting repaints..

If they had re-released the X2 figures they definitely would have sold. Looking on ebay they're all pretty rare. And if they would have made some minor retoolings, for instance giving Iceman the Cyclops chest so he has his proper X3 uniform, they'd have gotten people who already own the Toy Biz figures to over pay for these two packs. It does seem like they want them to fail, because their actions here make no sense.

I think it's just lazyness of Hasbro's part. They probably told one guy on the marvel team to put together some two packs. He did what was easiest and cheapest. The fool must not realize it will make them no money. And that is where the conspiracy theory of Hasbro wanting the 6 inch scale to fail comes in.