wm exclusive x-men origins wolv. 6" 2 packs

thedevilsdue06

you gotta think that Hasbro almost wanted these figures to fail.. I mean come on.. a complete waste of 2-packs... totally crappy figures that were pegwarmers when they were first released... and now they have higher prices??!?!!?

It's like Hasbro put this crap out so that they can say "see, 6 inch figures don't sell anymore"

I can't believe that Hasbro killed the 6 inch scale so quickly..

they really could have been much more successful simply reissing hard to find Toybiz figures and offereing interesting repaints..

I think it's just lazyness of Hasbro's part. They probably told one guy on the marvel team to put together some two packs. He did what was easiest and cheapest. The fool must not realize it will make them no money. And that is where the conspiracy theory of Hasbro wanting the 6 inch scale to fail comes in.

yup !

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ONLY difference in colossus or beast is very very minor (almost unnoticable) paint apps. Other than that they are EXACTLY like the marvel legends x-3 versions. they are 24.00 (actually 23.?? but i get a discount so i dont really pay that much attention) It is not the same head that is on ult. wolverine. However it still looks just as bad, but at the same time it is much better than any toybiz x-movie version. The cyclops' head is spot on. They're outfits arent what they should be as far as the movie goes. But werent their movie outfits crap in the first place? Lord. I thought everyone would just be somewhat satiated by the fact they are putting out a 6" product.

Sorry for only replying now but I heard some guys from the Fwoosh saying that Beast's lower body was completly different...

These figures are pathetic. I have no idea why Hasbro would repaint their Marvel Legends when they could have just reissued Toy Biz's X2 figures. They clearly have the Toy Biz molds as they're already released plenty of Toy Biz's Spider-Man movie toys. If anyone needs to see some comparisons to see how horrible these figures truly are here you go.

This is IMO the best looking Wolverine Toy Biz put out. Of course the drawback is that he has an action feature.

9400988c.jpg

This is the version that came with the X2 X-Jet. He's super articulated, and better than the individually released figure because he doesn't have a giraffe neck. The problem with the super articulated figures however is that they lack the belt buckle.

97fa2dc4.jpg

Standard Cyclops.

dd6e33db.jpg

Trench coat Cyclops has a superior headsculpt since his visor isn't removable.

c1afe698.jpg

The X-Team

087a4473.jpg

I love that custom rogue i may have to get another jean to do that

Got to say guys i got them the beast and colossus are repaints but like the new color on colossus and i like the cyclops i never liked the movie ones toy biz had not as much articulation and the color it has looks cool to me like the wolverine body and paint but the head looks wierd to me and maybe they are looking to see if people are still into the 6" figures there a lot here at my local walmarts lol anyone want one lol :cyclops:

Got to say guys i got them the beast and colossus are repaints but like the new color on colossus and i like the cyclops i never liked the movie ones toy biz had not as much articulation and the color it has looks cool to me like the wolverine body and paint but the head looks wierd to me and maybe they are looking to see if people are still into the 6" figures there a lot here at my local walmarts lol anyone want one lol :cyclops:

How much do you piad for yours ?icon9.gif

How much do you piad for yours ?icon9.gif

they were 23 but i have employe discount card so it came out to like 20 each does not bother me much lol no legends have been coming out so have money in the bank :hulk:

The Cyclops is for sure worth it, it is awesome. Hes perfect.

I know some others have said that they didnt like the Wolverine but I do a lot. The costume paint looks really good and he has the best claws of any Wolverine figure so far. His face isnt the best ever but it is still better than the movie ones.

Beast and Colossus are just good repaints. Colossus looks real good and Beast looks better darker.

Hate to say this about my fellow kinsmen, but you guys are just grasping at straws right now. We're all so starved for new ML product, they know we'll buy almost anything we can get no matter how poor the product is.

I gave it a try, I wanted to be excited about them. I went back to Walmart and took a second look. No surprise that they were still there clogging up the shelves. The total completist, I picked them up, carried them around the entire time until we finished all our shopping, picked them back up, winced at the poor quality again, pondered the situation and ultimately set them down and said goodbye to them forever.

It's not the money. Like all ML enthusiasts, I've suddenly got a lot more disposable income to play with. I just can't bring myself to spend any money on a product so terrible. They were even priced at $21.99 which seems to be less than most. I simply refuse to give any more of my hard earned cash to the Hasbro machine until they actually give us something we want, not something we have to convince ourselves we want.

This is all done in Hasbro's efforts to lower expectations. They are methodically starving us and throwing us small bones while eliminating all the things that made ML unique in the first place. Does anyone here remember amazing articulation, superior sculpts and awesome paint aps? Does anyone here miss hand and bicep articulation?

All we've been paying for lately are retreaded, poorly sculpted, single coated, scaled down chunks of unarticulated plastic, and paying more for them to boot.