what figure grew on you the most?

fadersdream

by this i mean what figure did you expect to dislike, or bought only to complete a series or on clearance or whatever but really thought would be a throw away figure that turned out to be pretty good.

why did you think they would be bad, and why did you like them?

1) Mr. Sinister, thought he would be lame, but the level of detail in him is incredible and he poses really well. once i modified his cape he is so perfect.

2) Deathlok, lame character really, but he can look so vicious, and he was once described as having a nail gun plugged directly into his heart.

3) Classic Iron Man, did anyone expect this to be a good figure? i think he completed modok or mojo. looked stiff, and nearly unposable with a pinhead. but (if you never take the mask off) he is really fun to pose and is a great classic figure.

4) Beast v.1, i'm alone in this but i thought his hip articulation was inspired. he spent more time on top of my computer than any figure so far.

5) Wonder-man, i think i got him when he was a final clearance figure after i started regretting not picking him up just to complete my avengers line-up. when i started posing him and the little yellowjacket he came with and the red eyes he was really great. also loved all the texture to him.

those are mine off the top of my head.

For me it would have to be the following:

1) BLACK SUIT SPIDER-MAN (RULK series). I was not too excited for another black suit Spider-Man since I already had the one from SMC-11, but I picked him up to complete Red Hulk. And now it's one of my favorite Spidey's. (In fact I have 3 of them). I love his head sculpt and the subtle blue highlights. Rockin' figure.

2) BLACK BOLT (Nemesis series). For some reason I wasn't looking forward to Black Bolt (even though I love the FF and old school Marvel). But I went ahead and bought a whole set of Nemesis online, and it turns out that BB is a great figure. I don't know what it is, but there's something about him that's just really cool. Totally kick ass!

3) ANT-MAN (Giant-Man series). I wasn't real excited about the figure, until I found out it was the Scott Lang version. The first appearance and origin of Scott Lang as Ant-Man, by David Michelinie and John Byrne, is one of my all time favorite comic book stories. So, this figure became a must have for me.

4) SPIRAL (RULK series). Not a character I'm interested in at all, but, like black suit Spidey, I ended up with her so that I could complete Red Hulk. This figure really turned out to be a pleasant surprise. Her extra arms are extremely well done, and she has a removable helmet to boot. One of Hasbro's finest efforts I must say.

5) SHE-HULK (Blob series). I'm not a fan of the character, so I passed this figure up every time I saw her. But I recently found her at TJ Max for $3.00 MIB, so I figured what the hell, after all she is an Avenger and a former member of the FF. Now, it may just be because I only paid $3.00 for her, but you know... I think she's one of the best female figures ever made.

Nuff Said.

the sentry. i saw he all the time and never got it . finally one day he was clearenced out to only $1 at walmart, so i figured what the hell. he has a nice sculpt with good texture and the articulation is great(toybiz, ahh the memories). i'm really glad i got him. this was the mustard no beard version. now i have the bearded version as well.

Ares grew on me a lot! I didn't think I'd like him very much. Certain figures I know before I bought them that they'd be one of my favorites (like Red Hulk, LCBH Conan and Nemesis Daredevil). I'm also surprised how much I like the two Nemesis Punishers. I've never owned a Punisher figure before but they are amongst my favorites now, too.

The MU figures.

same here.

i tried to tell you. how'd you think that you were going to be able to pass up a new line?

I kind of thought that once I say them on the pegs that I might not be able to resist getting them, but I'm actually quite surprised at how easily I am able to pass up the MU figs. In fact, the other day, the Target near me had all of the Wolverine Origins figs on sale for $5.99 each, and they had all of wave 1, including Deadpool. I was actually headed to the register with a Deadpool and Brown Costume Wolvie, when I realized that I was just compulsively buying something that I didn't really want. So, I turned around and put them back.

Rebuying crappy versions figures that I already have just seems like a waste of money to me.

The MU figures.

same here.

i tried to tell you. how'd you think that you were going to be able to pass up a new line?

I kind of thought that once I say them on the pegs that I might not be able to resist getting them, but I'm actually quite surprised at how easily I am able to pass up the MU figs. In fact, the other day, the Target near me had all of the Wolverine Origins figs on sale for $5.99 each, and they had all of wave 1, including Deadpool. I was actually headed to the register with a Deadpool and Brown Costume Wolvie, when I realized that I was just compulsively buying something that I didn't really want. So, I turned around and put them back.

Rebuying crappy versions figures that I already have just seems like a waste of money to me.

All of the origin figures are 5 bucks at my target too. They look terrible. I wouldnt buy any of them, but I have bought like 10 MU figs.