Crossbone

Artie

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long story short. Yes, he's rare so grab em if you find em. Most of us here are serious chasers and a large majority were smart enough to snatch one up the second they spotted one. You may not get much interest on this forum but there is still a huge demand, if only to finish the BAF which was smaller but still awesome (for Hasbro, anyway).

I was lucky enough to get my hands on three. Could have taken more but thought I'd leave some for the next guy who probably ended up hoarding them for himself anyway. Sold one MOC on ebay for a good price even back then. Kept 1 and opened 1 to build Ares.

I've tried to trade the loose one, with a few people here, but never received a PM response. Not trying to hoc my crap, but just trying to help a brother out.

Let me clarify myself for those who think I'm a bad person for purchasing 3 Crossbones. I purchased two full sets and a few HTF singles on three separate occasions.

I kept one set mint, I opened a set for myself specifically to build the Ares (the CB, or any of the others, I was planning to trade, is from my personal collection), and yes I bought some HTF's to pimp on Ebay.

And for the record, I bought a full set of Red Hulk wave online (not for cheap), found and purchased another at the local Target (finally, and not for cheap) and sold a few singles on Ebay (for cheap in comparison to recent prices).

Given the opportunity, I can't say I wouldn't do the same with the Nemesis wave, if it actually ever comes out.

Believe me, no one made it a point to leave me the Hulk Legends She-Hulk that I needed. Karma....? maybe but the person who sold it to me online for over $40.00 had no problems putting a price on my need.

As a collector, buying a HTF the minute you spot it is a hard impulse to sedate. It still went to someone who needed it, and at a hell of a lot less than some are paying now.

Let me clarify myself for those who think I'm a bad person for purchasing 3 Crossbones. I purchased two full sets and a few HTF singles on three separate occasions.

I kept one set mint, I opened a set for myself specifically to build the Ares (the CB, or any of the others, I was planning to trade, is from my personal collection), and yes I bought some HTF's to pimp on Ebay.

And for the record, I bought a full set of Red Hulk wave online (not for cheap), found and purchased another at the local Target (finally, and not for cheap) and sold a few singles on Ebay (for cheap in comparison to recent prices).

Given the opportunity, I can't say I wouldn't do the same with the Nemesis wave, if it actually ever comes out.

Believe me, no one made it a point to leave me the Hulk Legends She-Hulk that I needed. Karma....? maybe but the person who sold it to me online for over $40.00 had no problems putting a price on my need.

As a collector, buying a HTF the minute you spot it is a hard impulse to sedate. It still went to someone who needed it, and at a hell of a lot less than some are paying now.

yes, it's karma. and yes, you are doing bad things.. not saying you are a bad person, but I do believe it's crappy to buy any toy with the intent to sell it on ebay.

If you would have left the figures you didn't need, somebody else could have found them. Just like if somebody left a she-hulk instead of putting it on ebay, you might have found one.. etc.

if everybody only bought what they wanted for themselves, nobody would have to pay scalper prices on ebay.

buying up all the figures is hella gay!! i hate that crap!! you go to the store and all the pegs are bare. then you go to your local comic shop and bam, there they all are for double the price. and dont' get me started on the whole ebay stuff. i sale some figures on ebay , but only doubles or ones that i don't want that i get in lots that i won/bought for just one or two of the figures. i have never bought a MOC new figure with the intent to resale. when the ares wave came to my walmart i bought one of the entire set. built ares and kept kang, gaurdian, and crossbones. sold the rest and i really only broke even. same thing with red hulk. sold wolverine(yellow) and black spiderman and kept the rest. even when the red hulk wave got clearenced out at target for like $3 i didn't even buy any. i did call me friend to see if wanted me to pick some up for him. so, paying with the intent to resale or scalp is wrong. help collectors out and not make them pay double or triple the msrp! so, yeah BOOO!!!!!!

Im with you guys on that only get what you need when red hulk came out here spider man fig at the comic shop was 60 f that i got it at wal mart for 6 when they were not selling so i lucked out on that the only one was the dam she hulk i put out 40 on the devil ebay and i hate they always buy the head knowing we need that piece ass wholes lol :spidey_deadtopic:

Okay, I get it. I'm public enemy number one for using Ebay, or moresoe actually owning up the fact that I use it. I'm sure everyone else here only BUYS from Ebay out of necessity right, and would never perform the foul act of selling.

All levity aside, I truly have a hard time believing everyone here buys only one of every figure they need. So no one else here gets excited when the happen apon a HTF and have trouble fighting the urge to buy even though you already have one? I bought them all out of three different shipments and not even sure they were from the same store. It's not like I wiped out the entire stock.

And let me correct myself, I honestly never bought a figure, HTF or otherwise, specifically to sell on Ebay. I'll admit that's bush league, but sometimes you come across those hard to pass up situations, then you get it home, then what? Gotta get rid of it or I'll open it rendering it worthless. I never gouged always sold with a reasonable Buy Now option. I know, "I'm a Saint". I'll save some of you the effort of responding with that snappy little comeback. Like someone else mentioned, with shipping and prep you barely do better than break even.

I'm sitting on two unopened Ares Wave figures now. Everyone calm down, they're both variants so technically I never bought them more than once. But this poses another question. How should I get rid of them?

We've already established that they're saving me a seat in Hell because I used Ebay, so that's out of the question. Can't offer to sell them to anyone on this forum for fear of being labeled a scalper like the poor guy who started this thread. I've tried trading before but no one responded or had an item I wanted. Shall I simply give them away?

Seriously and honestly, the first two people that respond via PM I will send you either a variant Scarlet Spider (not actually a variant at all unless you keep it on the card, it turns out) or variant Human Torch free of charge at my cost for shipping. That is, of course, if you can deal with it on YOUR conscience. You can't have both though, cause that would be greedy.

Let me pose one more question. It seems that quite a few of us here are customizers, myself included. Quite often in our customizing adventures we have to purchase more than one figure to get the parts we need. Say I bought an extra Crossbones to make a Warpath custom (don't worry I actually bought a TB Dragon in the bargian bin and bought a Hulkling on Ebay for a heafty price). How would I be percieved then? Greedy or resourceful?

I hope no one here's taking me seriously, it's just interesting to see how some people cantwist a situation and influence the perception of others. That bandwagon sure came rolling fast once the first person voiced his opinion.

buying up all the figures is hella gay!! i hate that crap!! you go to the store and all the pegs are bare. then you go to your local comic shop and bam, there they all are for double the price. and dont' get me started on the whole ebay stuff. i sale some figures on ebay , but only doubles or ones that i don't want that i get in lots that i won/bought for just one or two of the figures. i have never bought a MOC new figure with the intent to resale. when the ares wave came to my walmart i bought one of the entire set. built ares and kept kang, gaurdian, and crossbones. sold the rest and i really only broke even. same thing with red hulk. sold wolverine(yellow) and black spiderman and kept the rest. even when the red hulk wave got clearenced out at target for like $3 i didn't even buy any. i did call me friend to see if wanted me to pick some up for him. so, paying with the intent to resale or scalp is wrong. help collectors out and not make them pay double or triple the msrp! so, yeah BOOO!!!!!!

even though we understand your anger, but using words like "gay" to describe something bad could offend some people.

monron999, dont beat yourself up. buying all of the figs is kinda...um...bogus! but believe it or not, more than half of the scams going on on ebay are no more that collectors themselves! who else? who knows what to buy? who knows whats rare? some chump that cares nothing about this type of stuff wouldnt even know where to start! do some looking around. when you see threads like "nemesis wave found in utah", look on ebay. usually youll see the figs there, and ill bet you see that the seller's in utah!

even though we understand your anger, but using words like "gay" to describe something bad could offend some people.

ya it would piss northstar

We've already established that they're saving me a seat in Hell because I used Ebay, so that's out of the question. Can't offer to sell them to anyone on this forum for fear of being labeled a scalper like the poor guy who started this thread. I've tried trading before but no one responded or had an item I wanted. Shall I simply give them away?

nobody ever said your are going to hell or you are a bad person.

I simply said that I feel buying something to sell is messed up.. because you are buying something that you don't want at the expense of other collectors.

and don't gimme any "poor guy that started this thread,".... he doesn't even appear to be a real collector... he bought the figures simply because he heard they were rare. If he were a real collector, he would have known about these figures well in advance, especially since they have been out for MANY months.. and he would have been looking for them because he wanted them... not "I bought them because somebody told me they were rare.... and now I might go back and buy the rest" all with the intent to sell them.

that ebay link he put up had TWO Crossbones figures up for 50 bucks each.. that's scalping at it's purist.

As for those figures, you are having a hard time unloading them because they aren't worth anything on the market, and not many collectors want them. Scarlet Spider, Human Torch, and Ultimate WarMachine are the ones that warmed the pegs.

also.. as for trying to resist the urge to buy rare figures when you see them, you are completely right. I was mad for Toybiz Marvel Legends... and I bought every variant I ever saw (except for ML9 Hulks and Bullseyes). I never passed on a variant even if I had it already.. but for some reason I wanted them all.. of course, I also have at least 2, sometimes even 3 or 4 of each Toybiz ML figure. Mostly because I absolutely loved that line, and have a hint of OCD in my collecting mentality.. and especially with Toybiz's MLs, which have a tendency to break or otherwise malfunction, I liked to have backups.

But I never bought one to sell, ever.

Thank you. I just needed affirmation that I'm not the only one whose ever bought more that one figure.

I understand the concept of never buying with the intent to sell, but I assume you have sold once you realized you bought on impulse.

I'm not even pissed. I just find it very amusing when people start piling on with the "I left some for the next guy" rap.

You see a HTF item and you got some disposable cash handy. That thing ends up in your basket, that's all I'm sayin'.

Like Pooda says, not all the guys pointing and shaking their fingers are innocents.

Thank you. I just needed affirmation that I'm not the only one whose ever bought more that one figure.

I understand the concept of never buying with the intent to sell, but I assume you have sold once you realized you bought on impulse.

I'm not even pissed. I just find it very amusing when people start piling on with the "I left some for the next guy" rap.

You see a HTF item and you got some disposable cash handy. That thing ends up in your basket, that's all I'm sayin'.

Like Pooda says, not all the guys pointing and shaking their fingers are innocents.

you also have to look at the point that a lot of collectors buy things just to trade or sell. when a guy wants a ML juggy and deadpool, he's gonna kick out at least 100.00 for both, right? soooo.....a guy lucks up on finding 5 crossbones at retail, buys them, and sells them for a slightly inflated price, therefore being able to buy the juggy/DP for 50.00(cost of the c.bones's) or something to that extent. ive bought rare SW, ML, CD, DCU, TF, indy...whatever! point is, i bought them just trade to get figs that i want!

you also have to look at the point that a lot of collectors buy things just to trade or sell. when a guy wants a ML juggy and deadpool, he's gonna kick out at least 100.00 for both, right? soooo.....a guy lucks up on finding 5 crossbones at retail, buys them, and sells them for a slightly inflated price, therefore being able to buy the juggy/DP for 50.00(cost of the c.bones's) or something to that extent. ive bought rare SW, ML, CD, DCU, TF, indy...whatever! point is, i bought them just trade to get figs that i want!

That's why I wanted to sell the Crossbones,first of all I dont care much for the character, and I rather have the money and purchase Juggernaut or Captain America