Is anybody collecting 3.75"?

falcon21

Here's the deal guys, you gotta look at MU and ML as two seperate entities. MU did not kill ML, it was coming regardless whether ML was a success for Hasbro or not. 3.75 is just what Hasbro does best. The fact that ML is gone only allows them to apply more of their resources to MU now.

As far as the demise fo ML, part of the resposibility falls on ML fans themselves. I remember vividly when Hasbro released the first HML pics, people were pumped. They were saying things like "Finally Hercules, Quicksilver and She-Hulk, Hasbro seems to be listening to the fans". The series finally came out and people did nothing but piss and moan about them, myself included, but still I understood the learning curve and was willing to give them a few more series to get it right. Personally I think the RULK and Ares series wer pretty good. Scaled down sure, but they were still ML.

It was clear Hasbor WAS listening to the fans on two specific occasions. First when they made the Spiral figure and second when they headed fans cries about having too many Hulks, consequently turning the McGuinness Hulk to the Red Hulk. Whether anyone likes it or not a toy line will not continue without customer support. It's never a good sign to see figures from series one still warming the shelves when series two is ready for release.

Hasbro dropped the ball to be certain due to "Big Company" politics. As a result both prices and material conservation went way up. It will continue to do so industry wide. I too hated what Hasbro did to the articulation and paint apps but be damn certain I bought every new figure they came out with. Like I said it's still ML and ML will not continue unless you buy it. Materials and quality wise it actually wasn't that bad. Ask any cusomizer who's tried. It's a hell of a lot harder to take a HML apart than it is to take a TBML apart.

As far as MU, it's a personal choice pure and simple. Just like any line, there are some good ones and some bad ones. I bought a few I liked, found them to be a subpar product, not specifically compared to ML but in general, and decided not to continue to collect. I personally feel they are just a poorly made product for the price (another argument altogether). I'm not gonna "attack" anyone who chooses to collect them.

I think ML will eventually continue but strickly on a collectors type basis. This means sparse but well accepted character selection and very limited release (ie: hard as hell to find) similar to the last Icons series. Forget about complete series and BAF, and if you thought prices were bad before, just you wait.

Make no mistake Hasbro is in large to blame for the state of ML, but at least some of the responsibility has to be shouldered by us fans.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the deal guys, you gotta look at MU and ML as two seperate entities. MU did not kill ML, it was coming regardless whether ML was a success for Hasbro or not. 3.75 is just what Hasbro does best. The fact that ML is gone only allows them to apply more of their resources to MU now.

As far as the demise fo ML, part of the resposibility falls on ML fans themselves. I remember vividly when Hasbro released the first HML pics, people were pumped. They were saying things like "Finally Hercules, Quicksilver and She-Hulk, Hasbro seems to be listening to the fans". The series finally came out and people did nothing but piss and moan about them, myself included, but still I understood the learning curve and was willing to give them a few more series to get it right. Personally I think the RULK and Ares series wer pretty good. Scaled down sure, but they were still ML.

It was clear Hasbor WAS listening to the fans on two specific occasions. First when they made the Spiral figure and second when they headed fans cries about having too many Hulks, consequently turning the McGuinness Hulk to the Red Hulk. Whether anyone likes it or not a toy line will not continue without customer support. It's never a good sign to see figures from series one still warming the shelves when series two is ready for release.

Hasbro dropped the ball to be certain due to "Big Company" politics. As a result both prices and material conservation went way up. It will continue to do so industry wide. I too hated what Hasbro did to the articulation and paint apps but be damn certain I bought every new figure they came out with. Like I said it's still ML and ML will not continue unless you buy it. Materials and quality wise it actually wasn't that bad. Ask any cusomizer who's tried. It's a hell of a lot harder to take a HML apart than it is to take a TBML apart.

As far as MU, it's a personal choice pure and simple. Just like any line, there are some good ones and some bad ones. I bought a few I liked, found them to be a subpar product, not specifically compared to ML but in general, and decided not to continue to collect. I personally feel they are just a poorly made product for the price (another argument altogether). I'm not gonna "attack" anyone who chooses to collect them.

I think ML will eventually continue but strickly on a collectors type basis. This means sparse but well accepted character selection and very limited release (ie: hard as hell to find) similar to the last Icons series. Forget about complete series and BAF, and if you thought prices were bad before, just you wait.

Make no mistake Hasbro is in large to blame for the state of ML, but at least some of the responsibility has to be shouldered by us fans.

LOGIC!!!...T LOVE IT! thank you monron! there used to be a guy called jmacq that used to post here that told everyone that if ML was already doing bad, and MU fails, we might not get any marvel figs period!