Should I trade Series 9 War Machine Mint for Entire Ares Series Mint?

AgentNoOne

Basically, I was contacted on tfieds.com about a possible trade. I am willing to trade Marvel Legends Series 9 War Machine. I was offered the entire Ares Series by Hasbro for War Machine, all mint in packages. Should I pull the trigger on the trade or hold on to War Machine?

it sounds like a fake trade to me. somebody may be trying to scam you.

The Ares series cost like 90 bucks after tax here.

War Machine isn't worth 90 bucks, is he?

I would say, if you are going to do the trade, tell the other person to send first, and don't send the War Machine until you receive the Ares figures.

also, do you recognize the other person? Is he a member here or on TNI? does he live close to you (may be trying to get your address to rob you lol)

BE CAREFUL

that does sound bogus to me -- war machine is one of the 3 figures that is packed as a filler in the nemesis cases -- if you look on cmd or ebay you'll see a lot of war machine, scarlet spider , heroes reborn iron man and camo punisher showing up --- that's cause those are the extra figs in the nemesis case --- if this were genuine id say -- absolutely but it does seem too good to be true

I have never seen him on here. He doesnt live close to me, he lives in arizona. I will request that he sends the figures first. Then I will send the War Machine if he agrees.

Also, do you know anyone who is willing to part with Elektra (White Costume), Cable, Gambit, Daredevil and Captain America?

I have a white electra that I don't want.

that does sound bogus to me -- war machine is one of the 3 figures that is packed as a filler in the nemesis cases -- if you look on cmd or ebay you'll see a lot of war machine, scarlet spider , heroes reborn iron man and camo punisher showing up --- that's cause those are the extra figs in the nemesis case --- if this were genuine id say -- absolutely but it does seem too good to be true

hes talking about series 9 War Machine not the Utltimate one

Total scam. Ares series is worth a hell of a lot more whether you've got an extra set or a hundred extra sets. No way someone's letting it go for so little. If it's legit you're getting a smokin deal

You can't throw a rock in my neck of the woods without hitting a War Machine figure at the local comic shops. Don't think they're going for all that much on Ebay either, but it's easy enough to check that out. I could probably walk down the steet and pick one up now for less than $20.00.

Watch how the proposed trade is worded. I heard a story of a guy who got scammed when all he recieved were the original cards (no figures) in a sealed case (not factory sealed).

If it sounds to good to be true it usually is.

(which cable, gambit and captain are you looking for?)

• 2 weeks later...

The proposal turned out to be null and void. I am new to this whole thing of collecting and trading Marvel Legends. I still have a lot of wants that I have yet to add to the collection, but I have gathered up some good ones in the process of just buying them online and at comic conventions. If you do have any new, MOC Marvel Legends you are willing to trade, let me know what you have and we can go from there.

War Machine is one of the most wanted Marvel Legends after Deadpool. I say it is a very fair trade,If it is a legit one.

how is war machine most wanted? ive seen that thing on a lot of trade list (other forums) for about 15.00 loose, and 25.00 carded.

Well,I said one of the most wanted,Meaning he would be a 6 in a list of one to ten,And you've obviously seen better deals than I have. I've seen one go for $100 on Ebay,And I actually know Two people who bid on it,For the very fact they skipped it in ML9,And now they're kicking themselves for it.It is a great figure,And I have seen it on many peoples Re-release lists,And I've seen many people discussing that they wish they had it.I'm afriad the TB ML series are dying out,And so is the ammount of War machine figures that were produced,So it is natural many people are trying to get it now.

The proposal turned out to be null and void. I am new to this whole thing of collecting and trading Marvel Legends. I still have a lot of wants that I have yet to add to the collection, but I have gathered up some good ones in the process of just buying them online and at comic conventions. If you do have any new, MOC Marvel Legends you are willing to trade, let me know what you have and we can go from there.

Just out of curiosity, why was the proposal rendered "null and void"? Did the person who offered the deal take it back or something?

It was null and void because the person said they were going to send the figures and then decided not to send the figures because the shipping costs, after which I did some research and found out he could have shipped them for like $15. I would have even paid the shipping if that was the case. In the end, it just sounded like a bs trade offer, I suppose.

War Machine is one of the most wanted Marvel Legends after Deadpool. I say it is a very fair trade,If it is a legit one.

how is war machine most wanted? ive seen that thing on a lot of trade list (other forums) for about 15.00 loose, and 25.00 carded.

Well,I said one of the most wanted,Meaning he would be a 6 in a list of one to ten,And you've obviously seen better deals than I have. I've seen one go for $100 on Ebay,And I actually know Two people who bid on it,For the very fact they skipped it in ML9,And now they're kicking themselves for it.It is a great figure,And I have seen it on many peoples Re-release lists,And I've seen many people discussing that they wish they had it.I'm afriad the TB ML series are dying out,And so is the ammount of War machine figures that were produced,So it is natural many people are trying to get it now.

i can feel it.

• 2 weeks later...