Marvel Select DareDevil

pooda

What's up with the Batmen?

well since you asked, it's the cape and mask from batman begins. I seen it one day and wondered if it would fit on any of the marvel legends. I tried on just about everyone that looked like it might look decent. It was a perfect fit for DD from the Urban Legends boxed set. It had the only head and face that fit. But, the color of that partucular DD was also a perfect match. I don't know if you've ever seen it but the mask and the part where the shoulders are is maroon and that color too was a perfect match. I also used a hoppy knife to cut the mask loose so he would still have full movement. At the time their were no good articulated batman figures around. Of course now I have the select sculpt batman which is an awesome figure. It looks better in person.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you bring those up in every post? I mean seriously, what do you have against the figures?

Anyway, the reason people complain about the shoulders isn't because their too big, they don't match the rest of the body. DCUC figures have big shoulders, but they also have a big upper chest and arms to match.

Personally, I like the newest DD (well, if I ever find one), as the FO figure is way too thin from front to back.

the fact is.....FO DD was weak! weather it was his "bo" or his body. just face it.....he was top of the line trash. i agree with you Tom Tom......the newest DD is the best!

Damn, that went South quick. The Nemesis DD seems like the best to date but as most of us are probably not likely to get whiff of one, I would call the FO DD the next best thing. Admittedly it could be better, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it trash.

Don't worry his opinion has ZERO value. Face Off DD is rad, plain and simple.

Spoken like a true DD fan. Way to step up brother.

And yeah, what's up with the DD as Batman stuff? Everyone knows DD would make Batman his #$#@#.

i guess my opinion has as much value as your FO DD then! as far as the blind man beating batman....LMFAO!!! DD has had too much trouble with Bullseye to EVER be a challenge for batman! hell....didnt we all just go through this about 6 months ago? lets be honest. i KNOW most of you are going to say "DC SUCKS" or something, but lets be honest.....its not a lot of marvel characters that can **** with the DC gods!

I suppose you're right. Bullseye's only a trained and world renowned assassin. A crazed mime/magician/clown circus freak and his psychiatrist carrying a giant cartoonish hammer seem much more formidable. And let us not forget the roided up former bodybuilder mainlining Redbull.

And DC does not suck. There's enough comic love for both companies. Just Batman sucks. DCUC also rocks, gigantic shoulder joints and all.

Do you bring those up in every post? I mean seriously, what do you have against the figures?

Anyway, the reason people complain about the shoulders isn't because their too big, they don't match the rest of the body. DCUC figures have big shoulders, but they also have a big upper chest and arms to match.

Personally, I like the newest DD (well, if I ever find one), as the FO figure is way too thin from front to back.

the fact is.....FO DD was weak! weather it was his "bo" or his body. just face it.....he was top of the line trash. i agree with you Tom Tom......the newest DD is the best!

Damn, that went South quick. The Nemesis DD seems like the best to date but as most of us are probably not likely to get whiff of one, I would call the FO DD the next best thing. Admittedly it could be better, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it trash.

And yeah, what's up with the DD as Batman stuff? Everyone knows DD would make Batman his #$#@#.

i guess my opinion has as much value as your FO DD then! as far as the blind man beating batman....LMFAO!!! DD has had too much trouble with Bullseye to EVER be a challenge for batman! hell....didnt we all just go through this about 6 months ago? lets be honest. i KNOW most of you are going to say "DC SUCKS" or something, but lets be honest.....its not a lot of marvel characters that can **** with the DC gods!

I suppose you're right. Bullseye's only a trained and world renowned assassin. A crazed mime/magician/clown circus freak and his psychiatrist carrying a giant cartoonish hammer seem much more formidable. And let us not forget the roided up former bodybuilder mainlining Redbull.

And DC does not suck. There's enough comic love for both companies. Just Batman sucks. DCUC also rocks, gigantic shoulder joints and all.

i never thought that you were going to say that DC sucks, but thats what most of these debates end up being. anyway...

1.) bullseye is only a threat because of his preformance upgrades. deathstroke is far more deadly, and bats has taken him. bullseye is a scond rate villian...HANDS DOWN! (i still like him though!)

2.) joker poses NO physical threat. batman had no problem kicking jokers a$$, it was the body count, and the lenths the joker will go to to kill and destroy that was the problem.

3.) batman has trained and mastered waaaaaaaaay more styles and skills than the blindman. i can understand not liking one of the only superheroes that will never be beat by a non-super marvel being. yeah....i can dig it.

...oh yeah! please....please do not try to use a characters gimmick/theme as proof that ones better than the other.(joker/harley) we both know that themes dont make the villian....its the evil that counts, and joker has that a world over!

i never thought that you were going to say that DC sucks, but thats what most of these debates end up being. anyway...

1.) bullseye is only a threat because of his preformance upgrades. deathstroke is far more deadly, and bats has taken him. bullseye is a scond rate villian...HANDS DOWN! (i still like him though!)

2.) joker poses NO physical threat. batman had no problem kicking jokers a$, it was the body count, and the lenths the joker will go to to kill and destroy that was the problem.

3.) batman has trained and mastered waaaaaaaaay more styles and skills than the blindman. i can understand not liking one of the only superheroes that will never be beat by a non-super marvel being. yeah....i can dig it.

...oh yeah! please....please do not try to use a characters gimmick/theme as proof that ones better than the other.(joker/harley) we both know that themes dont make the villian....its the evil that counts, and joker has that a world over!

Hah, I caught you in a conundrum Mr. Modman. Ehem......let me get this right, hold on.....You shouldn't use the word blindman, that's not cool, it may be offensive to some of our blind readers. Haha.

All kidding aside, the only fighting style DD needs is the one BM would get to see up close. THE KICKYOASS STYLE. DD don't need all the money and nifty contraptions to be just as effective as the DK. He's got one, the billy club.

DD's taken on Crossbones, Spidey, Bullseye, Taskmaster and Captain America all in the same day and only succumbed to his own fatigue ultimately getting his ass handed to him by Cap. But ain't no shame in Cap's game either. That's like BM fighting Rainbow Bright, Strawberry Shortcake, Barbie, Jem and eventually catching an ayass whipping by Smurfet. But to BM's defense, that Smurfet's a scrappy one, having been raised around only dudes.

Lacking Bruce Waynes monetary means, DD is forced to rely on keen intelect, innovation and adaptability which should also be considered part of his fighting prowess. Consequently, being able to have Bruce Wayne just throw money at whatever he needed, it made it that much easier for Frank Miller to write Batman.

He may be rich and have lotsa nifty toys, but he's inferior to Ol' Hornhead in every way.

2.) joker poses NO physical threat. batman had no problem kicking jokers a$, it was the body count, and the lenths the joker will go to to kill and destroy that was the problem.

Hah, I caught you in a conundrum Mr. Modman. Ehem......let me get this right, hold on.....You shouldn't use the word blindman, that's not cool, it may be offensive to some of our blind readers. Haha.

All kidding aside, the only fighting style DD needs is the one BM would get to see up close. THE KICKYOASS STYLE. DD don't need all the money and nifty contraptions to be just as effective as the DK. He's got one, the billy club.

DD's taken on Crossbones, Spidey, Bullseye, Taskmaster and Captain America all in the same day and only succumbed to his own fatigue ultimately getting his ass handed to him by Cap. But ain't no shame in Cap's game either. That's like BM fighting Rainbow Bright, Strawberry Shortcake, Barbie, Jem and eventually catching an ayass whipping by Smurfet. But to BM's defense, that Smurfet's a scrappy one, having been raised around only dudes.

Lacking Bruce Waynes monetary means, DD is forced to rely on keen intelect, innovation and adaptability which should also be considered part of his fighting prowess. Consequently, being able to have Bruce Wayne just throw money at whatever he needed, it made it that much easier for Frank Miller to write Batman.

He may be rich and have lotsa nifty toys, but he's inferior to Ol' Hornhead in every way.

true. i shouldnt use blind man. but who the hell's on a computer thats blind?.... on to the point. DD cant beat cap, and cap cant beat batman. point game. (lol)

Who decides whether my opinion has any value or not?

Yes, because in the cross over, it only took Batman, what, 5 seconds before he beat Bullseye?

Yes, because in the cross over, it only took Batman, what, 5 seconds before he beat Bullseye?

tell'em, Tom!

C'mon, you know the crossover was a practice and excess for both sides. Each side had to throw the other some classic villains to have thier characters smack around a bit, that's just the way it had to work to keep both sides happy. You can't put any value on that. And don't even get me started on the Shield vs. The Cowel debate. That's something we'll need to submit the Greatest Warrior on Spike.

Pooda, your comic knowlege is vast and your powers of persuasion are second only to my own, but I'm not prepared to fight off the barrage of both yourself and TomTom (even though you both know I'm still right), I'm not big on gang violence. That being said I must take my leave and let everyone get back to the subject at hand.

MS DD looks pretty good in the pictures. I'll have to see it in person though.

C'mon, you know the crossover was a practice and excess for both sides. Each side had to throw the other some classic villains to have thier characters smack around a bit, that's just the way it had to work to keep both sides happy. You can't put any value on that. And don't even get me started on the Shield vs. The Cowel debate. That's something we'll need to submit the Greatest Warrior on Spike.

Pooda, your comic knowlege is vast and your powers of persuasion are second only to my own, but I'm not prepared to fight off the barrage of both yourself and TomTom (even though you both know I'm still right), I'm not big on gang violence. That being said I must take my leave and let everyone get back to the subject at hand.

MS DD looks pretty good in the pictures. I'll have to see it in person though.

LOL! i was just about to say that i quit as well.

tell'em, Tom!

Both DD and Wolverine would $hit kick Batman. And yes I am a huge (ok big) Batman fan. The are both just as trained in hand to hand fighting/martial arts as Batman and they have additional powers to take it over the edge.

Batman could beat DD is the situation was right but he has little to no chance against Wolverine.

tell'em, Tom!

Both DD and Wolverine would $hit kick Batman. And yes I am a huge (ok big) Batman fan. The are both just as trained in hand to hand fighting/martial arts as Batman and they have additional powers to take it over the edge.

Batman could beat DD is the situation was right but he has little to no chance against Wolverine.

blah...blah...blah! if you knew anything about batman, then you'd know that as far as fighting skills go....DD nor wolvey has had training in as many fighting forms as bats. wolvey's been alive a lot longer, but i only remember him being a samurai/ and a soldier. wolvey has all of his "extras" but no tact. bats would let wolvey just beat himself. not to mention that everyone of your characters have some sort of power to rely on. (youre even trying to prove your point with that fact.) actually....if you take away the adamantium, wolveys healing factor couldnt even save him from bats!

blah...blah...blah! if you knew anything about batman, then you'd know that as far as fighting skills go....DD nor wolvey has had training in as many fighting forms as bats. wolvey's been alive a lot longer, but i only remember him being a samurai/ and a soldier. wolvey has all of his "extras" but no tact. bats would let wolvey just beat himself. not to mention that everyone of your characters have some sort of power to rely on. (youre even trying to prove your point with that fact.) actually....if you take away the adamantium, wolveys healing factor couldnt even save him from bats!

Wolvey only beats Batman cause of healing factor. Eventually Batman would get tired and Wolvey'd have him. Otherwise, Batman could out fight him. That's how Batman's been built (comic wise). Wolvey has been beaten by a lot of guys. He was built to come back from anything to "eventually" win.

DD doesn't come close to Bats. The only "fighting" hero (one w/o super strength/speed/powers) that does is Cap and I recall in the crossover that Batman got the better of him too. Batman would probably win 6/10 fights off Cap.

Blah Blah Blah, right back at ya. Wolverine was never a "Samurai" that is more of a social class than a training regimen. If anything he's more like a ninja. Batman is not more skilled than him. That is like saying he is infinity but Batman is infinity plus 1, It means nothing.

here ya go, fool. if ya need the link, ill post it. you should learn what your "run-to" guy can actually do. and batman can do ALL of those things better than wolvy!

Due to his extensive training as a CIA operative, a Samurai, and as a member of the Weapon X program, Wolverine is a master of multiple forms of martial arts, weapons, and vehicles. He is also a trained expert in computers, explosives, and assassination techniques.

Wolvey only beats Batman cause of healing factor. Eventually Batman would get tired and Wolvey'd have him. Otherwise, Batman could out fight him. That's how Batman's been built (comic wise). Wolvey has been beaten by a lot of guys. He was built to come back from anything to "eventually" win.

The only "fighting" hero (one w/o super strength/speed/powers) that does is Cap.

dont forget about the SS program.

Here is a guy that explains why Wolverine is not a samurai:

http://kalinara.blogspot.com/2006/05/wolve...9039702803.html

AND a quote from his wiki Bio:

"During his time in Japan and other countries, Wolverine becomes an expert of virtually all forms of martial arts and is familiar with and experienced in virtually every fighting style on Earth. He is proficient with most weaponry, including firearms, though he is partial to bladed weapons. He has demonstrated sufficient skills to defeat the likes of Shang-Chi[54] and Captain America[55] in single combat. He also has a wide knowledge of the body and pressure points.[56] He is also an accomplished pilot and highly skilled in the field of espionage and covert operations.

Wolverine will sometimes lapse into a "berserker rage" while in close combat. In this state he lashes out with the intensity and aggression of an enraged animal and is even more resistant to psionic attack.[57] Though he loathes it, he acknowledges that it has saved his life many times. Despite his apparent ease at taking lives, he does not enjoy killing or giving in to his berserker rages. Logan adheres to a firm code of personal honor and morality."

I've always thought of samurais as being more ceremonial rather than straight up soldiers.

anyone can become a samurai. heres the steps

1. Find a daimyo, or lord, to swear fealty to. A samurai is nothing without a master to serve: some greater entity to which he may dedicate his life.
  2. Step 2
  3. Train. Learn the tenets of warfare and the use of various martial arts. Educate yourself in poetry and cultural refinements. Understand the use of force and the strict tenets guiding when and where it may be applied.

4. Step 3Devote yourself to the seven virtues of bushido: gi (rectitude), yu (courage), jin (benevolence), rei (respect), shin (honesty), meiyo (honor), and chugi (loyalty). Strive to embody these virtues in all that you do.

5. Step 4Swear fealty to your lord in a formal ceremony. You lord will convey your daisho swords to you, which you wear with honor as a symbol of your rank. The larger sword is called a katana and the smaller sword, a wakizashi.

6. Step 5Obey your lord in all things. Strive to do right by him and serve the tenets of honor through your duty to him. This does not mean blindly following his instructions, however. If you disagree with your lord, strive to persuade him of your point of view with every means available, but be prepared to obey his commands should your efforts fail.

7. Step 6Protect those who are incapable of protecting themselves.

8. Step 7Treat others with courtesy and respect. Answer force in kind, but do not seek conflict where it can be avoided.

9. Step 8Live frugally and do not indulgence in excessive pleasure. Rather seek those rewards which money cannot purchase.

10. Step 9Exercise self control and learn to guide your reactions instead of letting them guide you.

11. Step 10Allow no other to touch your swords, for they are the symbols of your status

12. Step 11Contemplate your actions before reaching a decision. When you have determined a course, do not hesitate, but follow through with conviction and certainty.

13. Step 12Prepare yourself for you own death. It may come in battle or at the behest of your lord (who may demand your life in payment for a failure or dereliction of duty), but when it comes, you must meet it head-on. Meditate a little each day on the subject and accept the certainty of its eventual arrival.

The only "fighting" hero (one w/o super strength/speed/powers) that does is Cap.

dont forget about the SS program.

That just made Steve Rogers peak human (maybe a tad past) iirc. Remember that he was a weakling. The idea was for the gov to then use it on buffer guys, but...well, we know that story.

Here is a guy that explains why Wolverine is not a samurai:

http://kalinara.blogspot.com/2006/05/wolve...9039702803.html

AND a quote from his wiki Bio:

"During his time in Japan and other countries, Wolverine becomes an expert of virtually all forms of martial arts and is familiar with and experienced in virtually every fighting style on Earth. He is proficient with most weaponry, including firearms, though he is partial to bladed weapons. He has demonstrated sufficient skills to defeat the likes of Shang-Chi[54] and Captain America[55] in single combat. He also has a wide knowledge of the body and pressure points.[56] He is also an accomplished pilot and highly skilled in the field of espionage and covert operations.

Wolverine will sometimes lapse into a "berserker rage" while in close combat. In this state he lashes out with the intensity and aggression of an enraged animal and is even more resistant to psionic attack.[57] Though he loathes it, he acknowledges that it has saved his life many times. Despite his apparent ease at taking lives, he does not enjoy killing or giving in to his berserker rages. Logan adheres to a firm code of personal honor and morality."

He isn't technically a samurai but...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fictional_history_of_Wolverine

In Shanghai, Logan meets Ogun, an immortal Japanese samurai and sorcerer. Impressed by Logan’s skill, Ogun offers to instruct him in the martial arts, and even teaches him Sun Tzu and ideograms. Wolverine soon develops a deep and lasting love for Japan.