ML Thing advise

m.arndt

I never did buy a ML Thing figure.

Lately I've been tracking down some older figures for my shelf display of characters that have gone a few rounds with the Hulk. Next on my list is a Thing figure. Which Thing figure would you suggest? I was wondering about the FFL Ronan wave Thing figure, since I've actually never seen that one in person (only online pics).

for me personally, I think the ML2 Thing mold is the best.

They released it in ML2, ML2 with a Trenchcoat (and different belt color) and in the FF box set with jointed fingers.

The ML11 Legendary Riders thing is really cool, but it is based off his first appearance and has a weird face.

The Fantastic Four classics Things are based on the Ultimate comic, so I don't like them so much.

The Ronin wave Thing is really small, but a great sculpt.

so i think the best is the ML2 Thing, or the FF boxset if you really prefer the articulated fingers

whats wrong with the hasbro thing's height? isnt thing only 6 feet?

He's listed around 6', but all the artists draw him bigger than everyone else, which is why that one is too short. If Hasbro scaled that mold up and inch or so, and painted him like the two-pack version, that would be the definitive Thing.

Thanks everyone for the insight. Veruy helpful! :)

He's listed around 6', but all the artists draw him bigger than everyone else, which is why that one is too short. If Hasbro scaled that mold up and inch or so, and painted him like the two-pack version, that would be the definitive Thing.

What's the difference in the paint between the 2 pack and Ronan wave Thing? Anyone have pics of the figure?

FFL Ronin series Thing is definately one of the best, but his head could have been a bit larger. Unlike the available Hulks pretty much any one would work for current look. If you plan to display the best version of each team member none of the uniforms are going to match anyway.

IMO the best sculpts out there were the FF Classics Things, especially the one based on John Byrne's art. If you can stand the limited articulation, that's the one I would suggest.

FFL Ronin series Thing is definately one of the best, but his head could have been a bit larger. Unlike the available Hulks pretty much any one would work for current look. If you plan to display the best version of each team member none of the uniforms are going to match anyway.

IMO the best sculpts out there were the FF Classics Things, especially the one based on John Byrne's art. If you can stand the limited articulation, that's the one I would suggest.

It's amazing they couldn't get them all right in the same line. You really have to hunt for a good combo. I still need a Sue but can't find one that fits. I was gonna get the FF Classic Thing, but then settled on Ronan, but got the 2-Pack since that was available and it's same one as Ronan

I have 2-Pack Thing, Ronan Wave Mr. Fantastic, Series II Human Torch & Nemesis Wave Torch.

The FF classic Thing from the first wave is the best Thing figure period. This thing is massive and will look great in your hulk display. The one from the ronan series is way too short and has a shrunken head. Go with the one pictured , you won't regret it.

classicthing.jpg

For my money this is the definitive Thing. He looks exactly as he does in the comics.

ff002.jpg

The ronan one, look how small he looks in the pic, he's shorter than everybody else, and that head, it looks like a zit. The texture of his skin doesn't look like rock it looks like puke. Worst thing ever!

For my money, this is the best Thing figure ever. (FF4 Box Set).

3454945016_368493d10e_o.jpg

This one ,the face is good but the arms are way too long,he looks like a gorilla.

It doesn't matter what color he is,the head is still too small for his body and he's way too short.