legends exclusives at sdcc

shokker

I think if you ask Hasbro about ML at SDCC they push a button and you drop through a trap door, where you ae not dead, but very badly burned.

Then a random henchman comes in and shoots you.

In the arm. Then they kill you.

NO they dont they tell Ant Man to go after you and turn you into a MU scale figure lol ha ha ha :spidey_read_thread:

LOL!!!!

YOU GUYS ARE A TRIP!!

I WONDER WHY THEY ALWAYS AVOID THE ANSWER THE ML QUESTIONS THOUGH?!?

...because they don't plan on making any more and don't wanna piss people off before SDCC?

maybe?

yeah thats what they probably doing if any of you guys go i dare you to protest them lol have signs saying boo you i want my legends lol

It's gonna be like this you're gonna go to the hasbro booth in SDCC you'll ask a question they'll give the same avoiding answer. Then you'll feel a sting in the arm, you'll feel very sleepy and when you wake up you'll love Marvel Universe figures, you're gonna want smaller MLs and you won't care about build a figures or that a wave that was shown over a year ago still hasn't shown up in stores, and last but not least you'll say every decision that hasbro has made it's the correct one from a business point if view.

Cue the Hasbro Defenders and the Marvel Universe line Champions.

Hasbro needs to wake up and look at what playmate toys has done, because playmate are doing it THE RIGHT WAY !! Look at the Star Trek and Terminator movie figs, they have both 6" an 3 3/4 figs. So if DC and Playmate Toys can do it then WHY NOT HASBRO ?? ENOUGH WITH THE BULLS*** HASBRO, IF ITS GOOD FOR THE COMPETITION ,ITS GOOD FOR YOU!!

Hasbro needs to wake up and look at what playmate toys has done, because playmate are doing it THE RIGHT WAY !! Look at the Star Trek and Terminator movie figs, they have both 6" an 3 3/4 figs. So if DC and Playmate Toys can do it then WHY NOT HASBRO ?? ENOUGH WITH THE BULLS*** HASBRO, IF ITS GOOD FOR THE COMPETITION ,ITS GOOD FOR YOU!!

Come back in about 6 months and we can talk about how "good" trying multiple scales was for the competition. Given how crappy the Trek and Terminator figures are in general (with maybe one or two exceptions in the Terminator line), I suspect we'll be seeing a whole lot of clearanced 6" figures.

JUST BECAUSE ANOTHER COMPANY IS DOING IT DOES NOT MEAN IT IS A GOOD BUSINESS DECISION FOR HASBRO.

Come back in about 6 months and we can talk about how "good" trying multiple scales was for the competition. Given how crappy the Trek and Terminator figures are in general (with maybe one or two exceptions in the Terminator line), I suspect we'll be seeing a whole lot of clearanced 6" figures.

JUST BECAUSE ANOTHER COMPANY IS DOING IT DOES NOT MEAN IT IS A GOOD BUSINESS DECISION FOR HASBRO.

I have to disagree with you there, while the terminator figures are quite plain,the Star Trek figs look amazing. If hasbro keeps going in this direction, all there going to do is drive the 6 inch collectors away to the other company's. They need to wake up and smell the coffee.

I have to disagree with you there, while the terminator figures are quite plain,the Star Trek figs look amazing. If hasbro keeps going in this direction, all there going to do is drive the 6 inch collectors away to the other company's. They need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Most people collect brands, not scales. If you're running around collecting anything that's 6 inches just because it's 6 inches, you must have a really weird collection.

I bought Marvel Legends because they were quality Marvel action figures. Not because they were 6 inches tall. They could've been 9 inches, 5 inches, or 4 inches, and as long as I felt like they were of good quality I would've bought them. Because I'm a MARVEL fan, not a "6 inch action figure" fan.

Most people collect brands, not scales. If you're running around collecting anything that's 6 inches just because it's 6 inches, you must have a really weird collection.

I bought Marvel Legends because they were quality Marvel action figures. Not because they were 6 inches tall. They could've been 9 inches, 5 inches, or 4 inches, and as long as I felt like they were of good quality I would've bought them. Because I'm a MARVEL fan, not a "6 inch action figure" fan.

so true. i thought the reason that everyone wanted 6 inch figs was because MLs were that size. if MLs were 5 inches, then everyone would want 5 inch figs. i think collectors are getting a little crazy with the every fig needs to be compatible with a ML. i just dont get it.

I only collect marvel, but all im saying is, people who collect different lines in the 6" scale will give up marvel if they can't get 6" from hasbro and continue collecting other properties.

Bottom line, if other companies are doing it ,than hasbro can too! Its just a question of common sense and good will !!

I only collect marvel, but all im saying is, people who collect different lines in the 6" scale will give up marvel if they can't get 6" from hasbro and continue collecting other properties.

Bottom line, if other companies are doing it ,than hasbro can too! Its just a question of common sense and good will !!

i think that it has to do with the fact that ML has had a 10 year run. its not about the collection, fans, or money(maybe money) but its just over. even the AOA sunfire has went to clearence.(and fans voted for that one) what do you think will happen to whole waves of c and d listers?

...so i guess the fact that Marvel Legends SET THE BAR for action figures (in popularity and quality) has nothing to do with anything then? A 10 year run just disappears and we should be fine with it, right? Suddenly dropping one of the most popular lines of figures and forcing a sub-par replacement at half the size and the same price is acceptable? It's only a 'good business move' because the 'fans' eat up anything that comes out as quickly as they can get their hands on it. THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT'S A GOOD PRODUCT. (i mean, c'mon... compare the GI Joes to the MU's...)

When Hasbro got the ML license there was an extremely noticeable DROP in the quality of sculpt, plastics, and paint... So in that aspect, maybe we're better off without Hasbro doing a 6" line (continuing the Legends). But even the MU's and Origins figures feel cheaply made to me. Inferior construction, plastics, sculpts, molds, etc. The whole idea of it makes me sick.

You figure a big company like Hasbro would have eyes and ears out there... listening, watching, etc. Look at the demand for the Nemesis wave. Look at the prices a single PIECE of the BAF is going for on ePay... does that not show a demand? does that not show customer loyalty? Hell... even some of the worst ML's are going for a MINT out there. I know for damn sure there aren't any MU's going for those ridiculous prices.

Sadly i was fine with paying $15 for the FFF wave figures. i was excited to see some new, diverse product on the shelves with some not-so-overplayed characters in the line. Even the Nemesis wave had some good ideas (note i say 'ideas' because for 90% of that wave looks like hot trash - especially Nova). If Hasbro is afraid of product sitting on the shelves because mom and dad don't recognize the characters (Iron Man, Spiderman, etc) then they should clearly take a look at some of the other business models out there... i.e. Mattel. I don't recognize 85% of the DC figures they put out but i can clearly see that they don't sit on the pegs for very long... not around here anyhow.

Hasbro could make a S*#$-ton of money if they did a little homework and put a little effort into running their Marvel Toy division. YOU CAN HAVE 2 SCALES OF FIGURES ON THE SHELVES AND STILL MAKE MONEY. ...you just have to put a little effort into the product you're putting out there. Mattel has now taken the torch with their DC lines (both 6" and 3.75"). It's just a damn shame i don't read DC comics.

-My 2 cents (sense)

PS - AOA Sunfire didn't sell because it looked... well... like a Hasbro Legend. Recycled body and a lackluster appearance overall.

...so i guess the fact that Marvel Legends SET THE BAR for action figures (in popularity and quality) has nothing to do with anything then? A 10 year run just disappears and we should be fine with it, right? Suddenly dropping one of the most popular lines of figures and forcing a sub-par replacement at half the size and the same price is acceptable? It's only a 'good business move' because the 'fans' eat up anything that comes out as quickly as they can get their hands on it. THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT'S A GOOD PRODUCT. (i mean, c'mon... compare the GI Joes to the MU's...)

When Hasbro got the ML license there was an extremely noticeable DROP in the quality of sculpt, plastics, and paint... So in that aspect, maybe we're better off without Hasbro doing a 6" line (continuing the Legends). But even the MU's and Origins figures feel cheaply made to me. Inferior construction, plastics, sculpts, molds, etc. The whole idea of it makes me sick.

You figure a big company like Hasbro would have eyes and ears out there... listening, watching, etc. Look at the demand for the Nemesis wave. Look at the prices a single PIECE of the BAF is going for on ePay... does that not show a demand? does that not show customer loyalty? Hell... even some of the worst ML's are going for a MINT out there. I know for damn sure there aren't any MU's going for those ridiculous prices.

Sadly i was fine with paying $15 for the FFF wave figures. i was excited to see some new, diverse product on the shelves with some not-so-overplayed characters in the line. Even the Nemesis wave had some good ideas (note i say 'ideas' because for 90% of that wave looks like hot trash - especially Nova). If Hasbro is afraid of product sitting on the shelves because mom and dad don't recognize the characters (Iron Man, Spiderman, etc) then they should clearly take a look at some of the other business models out there... i.e. Mattel. I don't recognize 85% of the DC figures they put out but i can clearly see that they don't sit on the pegs for very long... not around here anyhow.

Hasbro could make a S*#$-ton of money if they did a little homework and put a little effort into running their Marvel Toy division. YOU CAN HAVE 2 SCALES OF FIGURES ON THE SHELVES AND STILL MAKE MONEY. ...you just have to put a little effort into the product you're putting out there. Mattel has now taken the torch with their DC lines (both 6" and 3.75"). It's just a damn shame i don't read DC comics.

-My 2 cents (sense)

PS - AOA Sunfire didn't sell because it looked... well... like a Hasbro Legend. Recycled body and a lackluster appearance overall.

Very well said !!