New TRU Two-Pack Question...

MacDeeez

Are the two-packs that are being released as TRU Exclusives the same ones that are being released through Previews??

Thanks for any info...

I had my LCBS order me a case (3 of the two-pack sets) at $29.99 each. That stinks if they are the same as being released by TRU, because I could have ordered those at only $22.99 each.

Are the two-packs that are being released as TRU Exclusives the same ones that are being released through Previews??

Thanks for any info...

I had my LCBS order me a case (3 of the two-pack sets) at $29.99 each. That stinks if they are the same as being released by TRU, because I could have ordered those at only $22.99 each.

Dont trip chocolate chip or banana chip ! Its better safe than sorry, the way ML's are going, we dont know what to expect ! Plus,,, these figures will make excellent fodder for customs ! Oh yeah, Troop build with the extras !!!!

Thanks for any info...

Dont trip chocolate chip or banana chip ! Its better safe than sorry, the way ML's are going, we dont know what to expect ! Plus,,, these figures will make excellent fodder for customs ! Oh yeah, Troop build with the extras !!!!

Previews ok I know like a Wolverine was a Previews exclusive um might sound dumb but what is Previews lol that a online toy store if it is what is the website ive always looked but cant find it. would someone help lol

First they are the same. These are a shared exclusive between TRU and Diamond.

Second Previews is the name of the magazine Diamond Comics Distributors sends out for places like your local comic shop to order stuff from. Diamond is the largest Distb in North America of comics and other related merchandise for places like comic book stores, etailers and other small business that sell that type of stuff.

One more question. Is the Sue/Jhonny two pack definately cancelled?

There's a Marvel Q&A around here somewhere where Marvel basically says the other 2 packs will come out at a later date. You'll have to search around for it. It was a news item so it may still be on the front page.

MN: Will the series 2 Marvel Legends 2-pack variants be released. I'm referring to Stealth Iron Man/Sharon Carter and Dum Dum Dugan/Hand Ninja? And also what happened to the Torch/Invincible set?

Hasbro: We still have plans to release these figures but the timing for this particular wave will be determined by how fast the current wave of 2 packs sell through.

there it is hasbro is about money lol they basicly telling us to buy these and then they will make the others :hulk:

There's a Marvel Q&A around here somewhere where Marvel basically says the other 2 packs will come out at a later date. You'll have to search around for it. It was a news item so it may still be on the front page.

MN: Will the series 2 Marvel Legends 2-pack variants be released. I'm referring to Stealth Iron Man/Sharon Carter and Dum Dum Dugan/Hand Ninja? And also what happened to the Torch/Invincible set?

Hasbro: We still have plans to release these figures but the timing for this particular wave will be determined by how fast the current wave of 2 packs sell through.

there it is hasbro is about money lol they basicly telling us to buy these and then they will make the others :hulk:

I've never gone to business school, but isn't the point of a business to make money??

I've never gone to business school, but isn't the point of a business to make money??

That's exactly the point I made on another post.

The reason ML got cancelled in the first place is because rather than continue to support the line most people bitched and moaned and refused to buy the new figures. Sure prices went up and articulation went down but what are you gonna do. The intent was to force Hasbro to make a better product but it had the opposite affect and they ultimately pulled the plug altogether.

So if these things ever come out we gotta put our support behind them. We can support the line and call out for better product at the same time. If the line becomes successful again I guarantee Hasbro will begin to listen to the fans again.

The reason ML got cancelled in the first place is because rather than continue to support the line most people bitched and moaned and refused to buy the new figures. Sure prices went up and articulation went down but what are you gonna do. The intent was to force Hasbro to make a better product but it had the opposite affect and they ultimately pulled the plug altogether.

So if these things ever come out we gotta put our support behind them. We can support the line and call out for better product at the same time. If the line becomes successful again I guarantee Hasbro will begin to listen to the fans again.

But we the fans shouldnt have to buy a bunch of Wolverines and Human Torches just to get the few we actually want. It sucks, but we shouldn't have to buy figures if they are of lesser quality. So when we didn't Hasbro said alright, screw it, lets just start fresh with 3 3/4 figures, so nows thats what we get. Honestly some of the ML from Hasbro are pure crap, and that is not our fault, but Hasbros for dropping the ball. Hasbro pulled out and thats the end of the line, not because we didn't support the line, but because Hasbro mismanaged the line.

I can still see my Walmart's top toy shelf being convered with crappy White Queens and X3 Beasts vividly in my mind.

But we the fans shouldnt have to buy a bunch of Wolverines and Human Torches just to get the few we actually want. It sucks, but we shouldn't have to buy figures if they are of lesser quality. So when we didn't Hasbro said alright, screw it, lets just start fresh with 3 3/4 figures, so nows thats what we get. Honestly some of the ML from Hasbro are pure crap, and that is not our fault, but Hasbros for dropping the ball. Hasbro pulled out and thats the end of the line, not because we didn't support the line, but because Hasbro mismanaged the line.

I can still see my Walmart's top toy shelf being convered with crappy White Queens and X3 Beasts vividly in my mind.

No one is blaming the consumer (you); No one is forcing you to buy anything.

As long as Hasbro is making money on a line, they aren't going to change anything (quality wise) and business wise, they aren't dropping the ball (at least, not in the way you think). If the line's profits go down, they may make improvements or lower the price or just cancel it altogether.

As long as Hasbro is making money on a line, they aren't going to change anything (quality wise) and business wise, they aren't dropping the ball (at least, not in the way you think). If the line's profits go down, they may make improvements or lower the price or just cancel it altogether.

I agree, we shouldn't have been forced to buy crappy products but at the same time no one gave them any room for a learning curve.

They were guilty of pimping themselves up saying they could do what TB did and better but c'mon nobody was buying that rap.

Also you have to understand they over produced the first line mainly based on fan response to the promo images. The actual figures were not much different from the photos (I actually am quite fond of the Thor and Hercules), and when it came out no one supported it.

All those extra figures sitting on the shelves are what began the process of raising costs to compensate for the projected amount of unpurchased product.

I agree, we shouldn't have been forced to buy crappy products but at the same time no one gave them any room for a learning curve.

They were guilty of pimping themselves up saying they could do what TB did and better but c'mon nobody was buying that rap.

Also you have to understand they over produced the first line mainly based on fan response to the promo images. The actual figures were not much different from the photos (I actually am quite fond of the Thor and Hercules), and when it came out no one supported it.

All those extra figures sitting on the shelves are what began the process of raising costs to compensate for the projected amount of unpurchased product.

Who forced us to buy crappy products???