pooda

3.75 collections thread.

It really all depends on what you are looking for. The XMWO one is more of a comic book look and the one I prefer. The marvel universe looks just like he did on the cartoon Spiderman and his amazing friends and is my son's favorite. The XMWO is shorter and since Bobby Drake is supposed to be like 5'9 or so I believe I like it because the MU one uses the Black Spiderman body and is taller than most other figures.

It really all depends on what you are looking for. The XMWO one is more of a comic book look and the one I prefer. The marvel universe looks just like he did on the cartoon Spiderman and his amazing friends and is my son's favorite. The XMWO is shorter and since Bobby Drake is supposed to be like 5'9 or so I believe I like it because the MU one uses the Black Spiderman body and is taller than most other figures.

i guess ill get the spiderman and friends iceman then. thanks for the info.

i like the xmow ice man more. he looks cooler i think. also the shiny sabretooth is a toys r us exclusive. he came with the wolvie on the bike in a deluxe pack. there are always tons of them at every toys r us i go to.

Wow looking at all your collections is very impressive, here's what I have so far (I have a few more unopened ones and still debating which Iceman to put out there, once I learn a lot from your displays on those cool action poses, I'll repost the pic, I added the Sentinel BAF since thats the only BAF I have left in my ML collection

DSC_5179b.jpg

I really enjoy the artwork on the single cards. I've opened some 3-pks and I expect to open the SW 2-pks, especially when my son gets a bit older. The stuff I've opened is on my desk at work. These shelves here are at home.

oh, i get it. the art is also on the card that comes in the box though. im not sure if you have opened any of them, so i thought i should let you know. (besides the 3-packs you opened)

Nice display everyone. I'll try to post my collection later when I find my camera.

I was wondering though, where do you guys get those clear plastic circle stands? I think I like those more than the black rectangular one that we're now getting with wave 6.

I received the set of Series 2 MU and so far this is my favorite wave. I've opened 3 of them (Wolverine, Spider Man HOM & Jean Grey) and will open the rest later tonight. I was happy that they have nice paint applications. The stands are nice too. Here's some of my thoughts on this wave as well as some images.

I have to agree with most of the posts that the Wolverine head is not very good, so I'll probably be replacing it with a different Logan head. He has individual claw blades, not the 1-piece from XMOW figures. The yellow parts of the uniform have orange highlights. I've always liked these uniforms and will probably make a Gambit, Banshee & Forge when I find extra Wolverines at retail. (Johnny Storm body would probably be better for the Gambit, so I'm glad there's a bunch still peg warming at my local stores.

The House of M Spider Man is a nicer-than-expected figure, too. (Though mine had paint boo-boo on the left eye; the only figure with misapplied paint out of what I got) I really like the web backpack accessory, which you can see his camera, sneaker, and shirt sleeve sticking out through the webbing. You have to pop the head off to get the pack on, so it fits nicely. It's a repaint of the Black Costume Spider Man, so it's taller than the regular Spider Man, though the backpack fits on the other Spideys, as well. Uniform paint app was well done and I like the really big eyes. He also has standard web line accessory.

Jean Grey is also a very nice figure, but the head is not very poseable due to the hair and the shoulder pads. The shoulder pads are like MU "Ultimate" Iron Man: they swivel up and down. The "psi" accessory is not held or clipped on, it has a hole that you slide the left hand into but it fits very tight. I think this is a must-own for any X-men 3 ¾ collector and is a great companion figure to SW or MLS Cyclops. I'm glad the neck is not like the promo images, but head movement is still very restricted.

I've found a lot of helpful information on MU figures in these forums so I hope some of you find this information useful as well.

DSCN1956.jpg

DSCN1932.jpg

DSCN1968.jpg

DSCN1951-1.jpg

Some more pics of the newest Series 2 Figures:

Warpath has a holster on the back of his belt which can hold one of the 2 knives. These knives fit nicely in each hand. The silver parts of the uniform are metallic silver and different than the X-Force Wolverine's uniform. Still an excellent figure.

The Vision did not come with any accessories and the cape is very soft. I've read some posts about how the abdomen should also be green, but it's still a very nice figure. The face is a very dark red. I hope they also make an Avengers white Vision, hopefully a 2-pack with Scarlet Witch. The Ultron figure will be a nice addition.

Sunfire is my favorite figure in this wave. The white lines on the uniform do not bleed over the red and the flame highlights on the forearms and calves look great. A well painted figure. Comes with the same hand flame accessory as Human Torch. I was thinking of getting a GI Joe Movie unmasked Storm Shadow to make an unmasked Sunfire. Great addition to an X-men collection.

DSCN1987.jpg

DSCN1989.jpg

DSCN1984.jpg

DSCN1985.jpg