Hasbro's Marvel Q&A 2009

RealOne

From Cooltoyreview...

Cool Toy Review: Are we going to see movie versions of Gambit or Deadpool (Pre operation) in the XOW line? How far do you have plans for this line? I imagine the comics series could on for years, but the movie line seems like it will have a limited appeal, since there's only so many characters in the movie that would translate into cool action figures. Still, it would be cool to see all of Team X from the movie.

Hasbro: You'll see more Wolverinemag-glass_10x10.gif assortments in San Diego. We'll have basic and deluxe figures from the X-Men Origins: Wolverine line and figures from the Wolverine & The X-Men animated series. Stop by the booth to see the full lineup!

Cool Toy Review: Marvel Legends has certainly had a good long run with both Toy Biz and Hasbro bringing out a large number of characters in this scale. From all appearances, it seems that the line is coming to an end in favor of the smaller 3-3/4" scale lines which seem to be very strong sellers (Marvel Universe is selling out consistently!). Are there any characters that you'd like to make before the Legends line officially ends? What are your top 5 characters that you would have liked to have seen in this scale?

Hasbro: There are definitely some faves amongst the team that would fill some meaningful holes in the 6" world: Winter Soldier, Gladiator, Multiple Man, Classic Wonder Man, Stryfe & Warpath to name just a few. Let's throw Brother Voodoo and Constrictor out there for fun as well.

Cool Toy Review: Will we see any civilian figures in the line not in their outfit (i.e. not just helmetless or maskless) like Peter Parker, Tony Stark, etc. We're getting a Mary Jane which is nice but it's well documented these figures don't sell particularly well alone, would an exclulsive or multi-pack ever be considered for something like this?

Hasbro: Considered, yes. But no immediate plans for something like this.

Cool Toy Review: Will we see more females in the Marvel Universe line? (ie Emma Frost, Invisible Woman, Wasp, etc) These are some pretty important characters!

Hasbro: Absolutely! Check out some of the new character reveals for the Universe line at SDCC. There will be plenty of female characters! And villains for that matter!

Cool Toy Review: Will we see season two villains from "The Spectacular Spider-Manmag-glass_10x10.gif" series made into toys, like Mysterio and Kraven?

Hasbro: New Spectacular Spider-Man figures will be shown at San Diego Comic-Con.

from Toymania...

1. Can we expect to see as many new Marvel Universe figs this year at SDCC as there was last year?

Answer: It'll be close. There were a lot last year... and there are a lot this year! Between single packs, comic 2-packs and other goodies, you won't be disappointed!

2. The recent Ms. Marvel MU figure lacked an elbow swivel. Can you detail the production design decisions that lead to this? The GI JOE line has featured several female sculpts that have featured elbow swivels with arms skinnier than the Ms Marvel figure.

Answer: For Ms. Marvel it was primarily an aesthetic decision, but as we move forward, we'll be looking at including an extra "break" in the arms for some of our new female sculpts.

3. Why do the MU figs have different (superior) hip joints compared to the Wolverine movie line?

Answer: There are two design teams that work closely together on these lines. The intent is for both lines to mesh nicely together and complement one another. However, each team has made some individual choices when it comes articulation, etc.

4. Can we have definitive word on whether the Sue/Johnny ML 2-pack is cancelled?

Answer: This wave is not cancelled. However, it does not have a definitive release date either. Similar to the most recent wave of Icons, you will definitely see these at some point but we can't promise exactly when.

5. Are the variants for the 6" legends 2-packs still going to be released (Sharon Carter, Stealth Iron Man...)

Answer: These 2 packs are part of the wave discussed in question 4... still coming, but the dates are not confirmed.

from Action Figure Insider...

Q1. Will we EVER see the release of Marvel Legends figures that were previewed as prototypes such as Classic Storm, Valkyrie, Silver Samuri, Magneto, Aurora, Northstar, Red King, Gambit or Lilandra. I’m sure these could be made into two packs and become exclusives through some chain or diamond. It just seems such a waste (and my Cockrum era ML shelf is incomplete without Storm!!!) I refuse to give up hope that Marvel Legends is dead (even though I have been unable to find Tigra, Nova, Black Bolt and Beast!!)A1. Definitely possible. Some of the figures you’ve listed are favorites amongst our own team so trust us when we say that we’d love to release

them. Blackbolt and Nova are still coming. Much like the most recent wave of Icons, they’re taking longer than planned to get to retail shelves…but they will get there!

Q2. Are there any plans for bases for the Marvel Universe line? Any idea of when we can expect them?

A2. Perhaps. We like the idea. Stop by the booth in San Diego and find out!

Q3. Where the heck is the Nemesis wave? Will the Walmart exclusive Nemesis (Nova, Daredevil, Black Bolt, Tigra, Punisher, Astonishing Beast) wave ever see a wider release?

A3. We still expect these to be offered at Wal-Mart but the timing has not yet been redefined. They are still coming!

Q4. How many Iron Man armors are planned this year in the MU?

A4. There are 5 different Iron Man armors in the line this year, all of which have been shown.

Q5.? Will there another 6" Marvel Legends build-a-figure wave that is not a store exclusive?

A5. We have no immediate plans for 6" BAF’s.

We didn't send any questions in this month, (mainly cause I missed the deadline) but had we let me just give you a run down of the answers we would have gotten back.

Thats something we might consider.

Come see at SDCC

Nothing planned for the momemnt.

Take those 3 answers or some variation and apply it to whatever question you can think of and their you go. :)

damn, i should ask them questions. i would make them feel how they suck. damn, those questions are always so polite. specialy when they say that marvel legends had a great run with toybiz and with hasbro. wow, yeah the run with hasbro was so great if you ask me. i tell you there will be nothing at sdcc for legends fans except the ones we allready have seen and thats it.

damn, i should ask them questions. i would make them feel how they suck. damn, those questions are always so polite. specialy when they say that marvel legends had a great run with toybiz and with hasbro. wow, yeah the run with hasbro was so great if you ask me. i tell you there will be nothing at sdcc for legends fans except the ones we allready have seen and thats it.

They'll probably show the nemesis wave and the 2packs and a whole lot of new marvel universe figures and that will be it.

these Q & A sessions are nonsense!! Q: will there be any new marvel legends? A: well, there quite possibly, maybe, sometime, could or could not, may or maynot , we're leaning this way and that, we might see or might not, we're pretty sure , but not that sure if we will release anything this year or ever again.

BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!

Come on guys,,,,, have a little faith !! I remember going to comic con last year to see the Ares and Red Hulk (and Savage Land Exclusive) series which was a nice surprise for me !!! There will be something there !!! After all,,,,, They are making Leader ,Voyager, Deluxe, small and smaller Transformers figs !!! Vehicles for GiJoe and Star Wars. There isnt excuses for cost of plastic or any other excuses that were made up here in these forums. All they ever said was that they were not planning any BAF's. Come on guys,,,, you gotta follow everything Hasbro has ever said about Marvel Legends since last years convention !!!! Jesse Falcon promised a surprise for Marvel Legends fans. This is why I hardly post,,,,, people always making up foul Hasbro stories,,,,,, I heard this and he heard that, Hasbro representative said this!!!!!! All Lies !!!!!!! If Hasbro ends a line,,,,,, believe me,,,, they string it out !!!! They will just be blunt,,,, . 2 packs is were they are headed. Read it,,,, look up the archives homies !!!!!!!!

We didn't send any questions in this month, (mainly cause I missed the deadline) but had we let me just give you a run down of the answers we would have gotten back.

Thats something we might consider.

Come see at SDCC

Nothing planned for the momemnt.

Take those 3 answers or some variation and apply it to whatever question you can think of and their you go. :)

:laugh:

look at the dumba$$ questions! heres my Q&A (taken form dumba$$ questions)

1.) Will we see more females in the Marvel Universe line? (ie Emma Frost, Invisible Woman, Wasp, etc) These are some pretty important characters!

who in the hell wouldnt already know this answer?

2.) Are the variants for the 6" legends 2-packs still going to be released (Sharon Carter, Stealth Iron Man...)

if they said that the regular packs would be released, what in the hell would make you ask this dumba$$ question?

3.)How many Iron Man armors are planned this year in the MU?

who cares? ironman in every form is a given for hasbro.

4.)Why do the MU figs have different (superior) hip joints compared to the Wolverine movie line?

is this really important?

6.)Will there another 6" Marvel Legends build-a-figure wave that is not a store exclusive?

didnt we get an answer to this last year?

Someone with a more ballsy approach would have asked these questions:

1. Did Hasbro shell out all that cash for the Marvel license to basically cash in on the movie and cartoon franchises?

2. If that's the case why did Hasbro insist on taking the ML license as well and ultimately ruin it and discontinue it when the demand is obviously still very high among collectors?

3. Why does Hasbro seem to have so many production cost issues when other companies such as Mattel and surprisingly Playmates and Bandai products seem to actually be getting better and don't seem to be plagued by the same sudden extreme rise in material costs?

4. Since it is obvious that Hasbro has no interest in continuing with ML is there any chance in hell Hasbro would stop being so greedy with the rights to ML and allow another company such as Marvel Select to take it over?

5. Why does Hasbro insist on dropping the BAF concept just as all the other toy companies are adopting it? (another issue of cost I suppose)

6. Can Jesse Falcon stop taking your lunch order and taking your luxury vehicles to get detailed long enough to explain to us why he sold his soul to MU and also keeps stringing us along as to what we can expect for the future of ML?

Those are the questions anyone really wants to know. Those nice little creme puffs those so called journalists are lobbing are just allowing them to knock em outta the park with their "that's something we may be looking into" and "that's not something we have planned in the immediate future" sticks

They'll probably show the nemesis wave and the 2packs and a whole lot of new marvel universe figures and that will be it.

Funny that's what I saw at comic con 08 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: