My introduction to the MarvelousNews forums

MrDizzle

What's up everybody! I'm new to this board but not to the world of collecting, especially in the Marvel Legends/Universe. I originally started back around ML 5 and got all of the figs up to around series 13. When I saw Hasbro taking over, I was heartbroken over the first series and just out of frustration (and a need for money at the time) I sold everything I had except for Mr. Sinister & Deadpool. About 2 months ago w/ the intro of the Marvel Universe line, my spark was lit and decided...this was the greatest line of all time (Legends) and I want them back and then some! Since then I've been the scourge of eBay and have been spending some stupid money. I got a nice haul today so I figured I'd join the community and show what came in today. I don't have any collection pics yet but out of every regular figure and variant (I don't look at foil vs. comic stuff) I've only got 26 Toy Biz figures to go, not counting the 7 face off sets I'm still missing. In the meantime, I pick up MU from time to time and will work on the Icons when I finish up the main line. So...sorry if this is the wrong place to put this as I know there is a "haul" thread but I just wanted to say hello to all you guys! Oh and last thing, I do NOT believe in MOC figs. Pictures shown are mostly MOC but they have been or will be opened up once I have time and space!

received these guys last week in a combined auction. They were $50 for the two. Sabretooth (normal) is awesome but overall I wasn't impressed w/ the yelling set or the normal Wolverine.

101_52691.jpg

101_52701.jpg

101_52721.jpg

This is my awesome steal. I got these guys on eBay last week along w/ 4 figs from ML 14 that I already had (Psylocke, Longshot, Luke Cage & Falcon if anyone needs em!). The thing is, the auction had a crappy picture and a vague description. But when I saw that there were 13 ML figs and it was ending in 10 minutes w/ a $19.99 bid, I had to investigate. That's when I saw nearly all of ML 15 WITH a MOC Destroyer! I got em ALL w/ a winning bid of $41. Absolutely awesome. I know the seller was pissed but seriously, 4 variants and nearly a complete set of regulars? I have Thorbuster Iron Man & the variant Spider Woman on the way already!

103_00391.jpg

103_00421.jpg

103_00431.jpg

103_00441.jpg

Lastly, I picked these guys up at Target today. They had Moon Knight, Union Jack & Blade but I passed. I don't imagine they'll be tough to come across later:

103_00371.jpg

So, that's that for today. I've got alot of stuff on the way, mainly some Hulk Classics, ML 10 and a brown variant Cable. THanks for taking the time to check em out!

Great collecting. All those new toys make me long for better days in the ML world.

I too have a hard time leaving my toys in the package so it usually lead me to buying doubles of everything. I used to think it was such a hassle to chase down two sets of everything, but I would give away every MOC ML in my collection to have ML return to it's previous glory.

Down with MU, if only to have Hasbro concentrate on ML again.