New LEGENDS revealed at Wizard World Philly!!!!!

clonekiller72

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Surely this is a hoax.

I mean, Marvel Legends is dead, and never going to return because the evil Hasbro corporation's sole purpose in life is to screw collectors and never do anything that they want. I know it's the truth because I read it on the internet, right here on this very site! Even though there were plenty of people saying the lines could coexist and that Hasbro would likely relaunch it within a year or two.

Aaaaaanyway. My guesses as for two-packs (bearing in mind there'll almost certainly be repaints/re-releases):

Warpath - Proper X-Force Wolverine (You know Hasbro's going to pack "core characters" into this)

Variant: Warpath (Classic Colors) and Wolverine (Brown Costume)

Madrox - Madrox (Only makes sense)

Possible Variant: Classic Green costume

Lady Bullseye - Daredevil (Reuse of Nemesis wave sculpt)

Deadpool - HYDRA Soldier (New "Bob" headsculpt/paintjob)

Darkhawk (Because they've been talking about him forever) - Crystal (Easy repaint) - Kind of a "War of Kings" pack

Winter Soldier (Again, because they've been talking about him a lot) - "New" Captain America (Can share the same "unmasked" headsculpt)

Gladiator - Lilandra (Another pseudo "War of Kings" pack)

Off-the-wall guesses/"Wish List" guesses:

Iron Man (Extremis) - Ms. Marvel (New/Improved Sculpt)

Variant: Iron Patriot - "Ms. Marvel" (Moonstone/Classic Costume)

Black Widow (Interchangeable Natasha and Yelena heads) - AIM Trooper/"Beekeeper"

Thor (Current Costume) - Valkyrie (Unused Hulk wave prototype)

i dont know about this fans choice because if we choose a good figure then hasbro can decide who the other one will be. i dont wanna say but have you guys seen what the 2-packs look like at the universe corner? new character mixed with an old one. not so crazy about this.

Yo Chief !!!! Hasbro stated that they will choose the other 3 from the 16 to 18 prototypes left after the fan poll,,,,,,,, ! Making these 2 packs all new figures just like the first series!!!!

i dont know about this fans choice because if we choose a good figure then hasbro can decide who the other one will be. i dont wanna say but have you guys seen what the 2-packs look like at the universe corner? new character mixed with an old one. not so crazy about this.

I totally understand Hasbro's logic here. They lost a lot of profit on their first attempts at the BAF sets because people refused to buy them because the were unhappy with sculpts, paint posability, etc, but let's face it, they've pretty much tapped out their full capabilities and the product is not going to get much better if any better at all. They will never be capable of what Toybize was back in the glory days.

The thing is they are allowing the fans to make a decision on 1/2 of the 2 pack to ensure that most people would buy them and then packing it with another of Hasbro's easy-bake type figures using one of the typical go-to molds such as the Bullseye body. During the full wave era you sometimes had to buy crap (Namor, Black Spidey, Bucky, Etc.) to finish out the BAF. This is no different except the odds are stacked much more in Hasbro's favor. You want a Warpath, good we want you to have one, but keep in mind you'll also have to purchase yet another Wolverine repaint to get it. So basically we'll be paying $25.00+ (yes, I'm betting that'll be the cost) for 1 new figure. Sad I know, but you better believe I'll be buying.

Us as fans have to take some of this on ourselves. Instead of supporting the line many of us chose to complain and refuse to buy the product. It's just like dinner, you don't get seconds if you don't finish what's on your plate. The whole "I shouldn't have to buy crappy figs just so we can have more figs in the future is always gonna be there, and with this news it's not going away any time soon. The good news is DCUC does very well making new figures out of the same old body with new paint jobs and added vinyl parts. Figures such as Speedball, Cardiac, Havok and Silver Sable and Dazzler can be done very easily using current available molds.

I´m more interested in the two packs than individual figures. I might get figs that can be easily turned into civilians, or thughs. I´m not interested in those 3 figs, just multiple man as custom fodder.

Please, Hasbro, STOP using bullseye´s body. It worked perfectly for him, haven´t seen black spider-man, but yellow jacket, quicksilver, and nova, look to blocky for my taste, specially nova, looks cheap.

Also, FIX THE SCALE ISSUE.

Place Nemesis Punisher, Daredevil from that same wave, and Ronin from the packs, one next to another, and you´ll see what I´m talking about.

Here is the full segment:

El Diablo V2 wrote:

I also spoke with Jesse a bit about Fwoosh, and he said he appreciates all the feedback and how it helped during the Toybiz days. He also said they WERE supposed to show figs at NYCC, but they couldn\'t, hence the slip-up. I think we owe him a little more trust and respect from now on.

What?!

Look, I'm as excited and elated as anyone that ML is going to live on. They had my total support the entire time, and I'll be on board just the same this go around, but I'm afraid I must be the voice of negativity once again.

I hope no one takes me the wrong way, and I'm not trying to be confrontational, but Jess Falcon straight out lied. Okay, so he wanted to show us some product @ NYCC. If he's such a stand up guy, why the hell wasn't he just up front about it to begin with instead of making up some BS story about forgetting which convention he was at and being confused and so on? Honestly did anyone here buy that crap? He would have garnered a whole lot more respect (from me, anyway) had he given us this story from the start.

It's nice that they showed these pictures but whether these are pictures of actual prototypes or just concept art it's evident they were made using 100% used parts. Honestly, I could have done these on Photoshop a few hours before the convention opened, and I think a lot of us could have (Lady Bullsey's paint job looks totally photomapped). They got a lot of work ahead to show us they are committed to ML. Used body parts are cool, but even Mattel knows used head sculpts are unacceptable.

Make no mistake, Mr. Falcon is 100% company man and figurehead for Hasbro. We don't owe him anything. He lied to us and strung us along, all the while throwing all his creative efforts behind MU. These pictures are no great feat. He's gotta earn our respect back and only time will tell if he's up to the task.

Man how many times are you guys going let Falcon and Hasbro jerk your chain like this. They can't even get the stuff they showed at last year's SDCC to shelves and we are supposed to believe they are going get these figures of characters that are even less known out????? They do this ever year, drum out some prototypes or old prototype pictures of what could have been for us to drool over to try and build up hype for other crap like Mighty Muggs or SHS or even MU only later to pull the rug out from under us and say oh sorry there just wasn't enough interest for these to move forward. There is an old saying that says fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and shame on me.

El Diablo V2 wrote:

I also spoke with Jesse a bit about Fwoosh, and he said he appreciates all the feedback and how it helped during the Toybiz days. He also said they WERE supposed to show figs at NYCC, but they couldn\'t, hence the slip-up. I think we owe him a little more trust and respect from now on.

What?!

Look, I'm as excited and elated as anyone that ML is going to live on. They had my total support the entire time, and I'll be on board just the same this go around, but I'm afraid I must be the voice of negativity once again.

I hope no one takes me the wrong way, and I'm not trying to be confrontational, but Jess Falcon straight out lied. Okay, so he wanted to show us some product @ NYCC. If he's such a stand up guy, why the hell wasn't he just up front about it to begin with instead of making up some BS story about forgetting which convention he was at and being confused and so on? Honestly did anyone here buy that crap? He would have garnered a whole lot more respect (from me, anyway) had he given us this story from the start.

It's nice that they showed these pictures but whether these are pictures of actual prototypes or just concept art it's evident they were made using 100% used parts. Honestly, I could have done these on Photoshop a few hours before the convention opened, and I think a lot of us could have (Lady Bullsey's paint job looks totally photomapped). They got a lot of work ahead to show us they are committed to ML. Used body parts are cool, but even Mattel knows used head sculpts are unacceptable.

Make no mistake, Mr. Falcon is 100% company man and figurehead for Hasbro. We don't owe him anything. He lied to us and strung us along, all the while throwing all his creative efforts behind MU. These pictures are no great feat. He's gotta earn our respect back and only time will tell if he's up to the task.

Without Mr.Falcon,We wouldn't have 60% of the Marvel Legends we have today,So,Yeah,Show him some respect for once and stop that stupid moaning.

So, the used head sculpt is kinda sad, but overall the figures aren't godawful, but as we know that's what 'ol hasbro's so good at. Making their figures look really good until we see them in box and wish for nothing more than to have toybiz making these again. That's why I started buying DCUC and Street Fighter action figures. I needed action figures, but I couldn't bring myself to actually spend money on the hasbro ones. The Brood Queen BAF is the straw that broke the camel's back for me. Sure it looks cool enough, but it's legs and it's size and the sheer idiocy of making it a BAF. I mean don't get me wrong, some of these are okay, but will they be when they are actually released? Once they become even toybiz series one quality maybe I'll start buying them again.

El Diablo V2 wrote:

What?!

Without Mr.Falcon,We wouldn't have 60% of the Marvel Legends we have today,So,Yeah,Show him some respect for once and stop that stupid moaning.

I'm sure he's a nice guy and I'm sure anyone who's talked with him feels a bit more of a personal connection with him, but you can rap with him, have lunch with him, take his kids to Chucky Cheese, have a spa treatment together, share an ice cream soda or whatever you want, but facts are facts and the fact is he's a bold faced liar.

You're right, we probably wouldn't have 60% of ML had he not been involved, but if he had stayed on course with ML and not thrown all his efforts into trying to get us to buy into the MU concept, we'd probably have about 40% - 60% more wouldn't we?

I'm sorry you "think" he deserves more respect, but where I come from respect is a privilege you earn, not a right. Only a very small percentage of ML fans will ever get a chance to talk to him and pleading his case to only a handful of people and having them make apologies on his behalf does not qualify as a legit resolution. You wanna apologize the fans, it's really easy, just say "I'm sorry guys, I screwed up, I took the fans for granted and did exactly as I was told, things will be different from now on."

So no, don't assume to tell us who we have to give our respect to. He has to earn ours back. He's gotta convince us to get back behind him and his product again. I want this to work out as much as anyone here and I don't dare speak for anyone else here, but if this forum is any indication it seems like a hell of a lot more people feel like I do than feel like you do.

Peace brother, got nothing but love for ya but we are on totally different sides of the fence on this.

FINALLY some decent news for ML lovers!

but dang, a little too late in my opinion

now ML has to pick up lost steam over DCUC and most of these wont be available at retail

no BAF's except a possible Absorbing Man and a Quinjet which looks kind of crappy

Hey Hasbro: the 3 revealed figs look good

People will probably buy 3 - 5 of each Multiple Man to make a small army, and Warpath is a must, but can we please get some villains people actually DESIRE?

I mean guys like Terrax, Grey Gargoyle, Deatbird, Moonstone, or even Sebastian Shaw??

As long as Darkhawk has better wings than Black Bolt, we are in business.

Hasbro can make some serious money with these new figs and the possible release of all those protoypes, but all we can hope for is a decent follow thru.

and can they PLEASE fix the top-attached ball-jointed hips?

And why can't Hasbro get the mold for the old Male Creature and make him instead of Crusher Creel?

It is time for Hasbro to start treating Marvel products like they do Transformers and Star wars, and pull out all the stops for us fans.

El Diablo V2 wrote:

What?!

Without Mr.Falcon,We wouldn't have 60% of the Marvel Legends we have today,So,Yeah,Show him some god damn respect for once and stop that stupid moaning.

I'm sure he's a nice guy and I'm sure anyone who's talked with him feels a bit more of a personal connection with him, but you can rap with him, have lunch with him, take his kids to Chucky Cheese, have a spa treatment together, share an ice cream soda or whatever you want, but facts are facts and the fact is he's a bold faced liar.

You're right, we probably wouldn't have 60% of ML had he not been involved, but if he had stayed on course with ML and not thrown all his efforts into trying to get us to buy into the MU concept, we'd probably have about 40% - 60% more wouldn't we?

I'm sorry you "think" he deserves more respect, but where I come from respect is a privilege you earn, not a right. Only a very small percentage of ML fans will ever get a chance to talk to him and pleading his case to only a handful of people and having them make apologies on his behalf does not qualify as a legit resolution. You wanna apologize the fans, it's really easy, just say "I'm sorry guys, I screwed up, I took the fans for granted and did exactly as I was told, things will be different from now on."

So no, don't assume to tell us who we have to give our goddamn respect to. He has to earn ours back. He's gotta convince us to get back behind him and his product again. I want this to work out as much as anyone here and I don't dare speak for anyone else here, but if this forum is any indication it seems like a hell of a lot more people feel like I do than feel like you do.

Peace brother, got nothing but love for ya but we are on totally different sides of the fence on this.

How do you think he has cheated us? Jesse doesn't decide what figures and when figures come out,And he probably doesn't get much information about it.That is true that we would get more ML's if MU wouldn't have come up,But Jesse hardly decided himself to start a brand new line in a brand new scale,That is the Hasbro's teams fault,And he should not be attacked because he is part of the company.I believe Jesse gets crap because he is about the only named Hasbro employee,So everyone automatically dumps on him,Which is just plain wrong.If Jesse has not earned your respect in the 10 years he has been working on the line,Then I'm afriad that he will never earn it.He has done an amazing job with the line and shouldn't have to explain himself if anyone thinks he's done them wrong.

I couldn't be more excited. Comic Con will be even more exciting than I imagined! That Multiple Man IS my dream figure.. And a new Deadpool? Jinkies!

I am seriously ecstatic. I'll get some pics on Preview Night of all of the prototypes, though I'm sure everyone else will too! I'm guessing Medusa will be the new Inhuman. I am not going to shed any tears on not having a BAF. Whatever keeps the cost down to help get them to us faster! :hulk:

I WOULD KILL FOR AN EXCLUSIVE MULTIPLE MAN 2 PACK!

Really? They should just let this line die already. Focus on the Marvel Universe line instead. Marvel Legends is dead.

Yeah right! The Marvel PU...niverse is lame and you are on the wrong board to be saying anything like that. If you're not a fan then just stick with your little lack-luster toys b/c the rest of us are excited for more Marvel Legends!

Really? They should just let this line die already. Focus on the Marvel Universe line instead. Marvel Legends is dead.

i was thinking it, you said it! great minds think alike. don't get me wrong, i do love the MLegends line, but they pulled the plug on that last year and died. it's time to stop talking about them and let them rest in peace.