Jesse Falcon - Saint or Snake?

monron999

Okay, so myself and another member are having a uh........ friendly dissagreement over at another topic (much love to you brother, I mean you no harm). He spoke directly with Jesse Falcon at the latest convention and got to know him a bit and believes he deserves our unconditional respect and forgiveness.

With Jesse's unveiling of these new pictures of ML prototypes are all of his misleadings and fabricated excuses from the past forgiven?

Also, apparently he (JF) spoke directly to the people on hand at the latest convention (a very, very small percentage of the entire ML fandom), and he explains that he did not intend to be misleading at the NYCC, he wanted to show new product, but it just wasn't in the cards at the time.

I've got three major basis of agreement:

1. Should we really be expected to praise him for actually getting around to doing something he promised to do 6 to 8 months ago? I work in management and I have yet to reward someone for doing what they were supposed to do.

2. Are we really supposed to take it at fact value that ML is back on track just because he shows us these alleged pictures of prototypes. Firstly I bet the vast majority of us could produce these images in just a few hours using Photoshop. Secondly, if this is what he's been up to for 6 months (3 figs, all used parts and even used heads), then things are not as sunny as he'd like us to think.

3. If you wanted to show new product @ NYCC but couldn't due to other circumstances, why not just be up front about it. What was the point of spinning some fabulous rap about forgetting which convention you were at, getting confused becuase there was so many, etc. That just makes him a liar.

your argument is understandable and sound.

i believe we have to take what he says with a grain of salt, they made all these reveals last year at SDCC and ive only seen 1/2 of the figures shown there on shelves now.

but even if it turns out to be a while until we get more ML, at least it shows that their not out of the game yet, their just being put on the back burners (until 2010 supposedly). but this is a double edged sword, this could reinvent/refresh the line or kill it.

as far as JF, i think he just got caught up in a mess, hes trying to make up for NYCC.

as far as your argument:

1) no we shouldn't, he promised to deliver, and hes waiting till SDCC to do it? makes some sense but hes way late, and is losing so credibility

2) like i said its a double edged sword, we've seen this happen before(the nemesis line), being bumped almost a year back, maybe some stuff is being bumped for a 'surprise' line (like the red hulk one was last year)

3) ya it was his mistake, but i believe hes trying to make up for it.

all in all, i will be at SDCC this year, and i will wait to see whats on display to make my conclusion on all these recent shenanigans. im hoping for at least 2 new lines for 2010, and some complimentary stuff(2 packs, groups, etc.), i did it last year and im pretty sure ill do it again this year, but ill be talking to the hasbro guys at the display place, asking questions and trying to figure this whole thing out for myself.

your argument is understandable and sound.

i believe we have to take what he says with a grain of salt, they made all these reveals last year at SDCC and ive only seen 1/2 of the figures shown there on shelves now.

but even if it turns out to be a while until we get more ML, at least it shows that their not out of the game yet, their just being put on the back burners (until 2010 supposedly). but this is a double edged sword, this could reinvent/refresh the line or kill it.

as far as JF, i think he just got caught up in a mess, hes trying to make up for NYCC.

as far as your argument:

1) no we shouldn't, he promised to deliver, and hes waiting till SDCC to do it? makes some sense but hes way late, and is losing so credibility

2) like i said its a double edged sword, we've seen this happen before(the nemesis line), being bumped almost a year back, maybe some stuff is being bumped for a 'surprise' line (like the red hulk one was last year)

3) ya it was his mistake, but i believe hes trying to make up for it.

all in all, i will be at SDCC this year, and i will wait to see whats on display to make my conclusion on all these recent shenanigans. im hoping for at least 2 new lines for 2010, and some complimentary stuff(2 packs, groups, etc.), i did it last year and im pretty sure ill do it again this year, but ill be talking to the hasbro guys at the display place, asking questions and trying to figure this whole thing out for myself.

I have to agree with everythink you say here my friend ...

JF ! he just got caught on the mess .

more MU!

Ok,You really need to shut up with this crap. We get it,You don't like Legends anymore. Either post on the Marvel Universe board or don't post at all,Cause' you're really starting to piss me and I'm sure the same applies other members .

Amen, sir. I knew we could agree on something.

You can find your way to the little toys on the MU board. Right now the adults are speaking.

Falcon is not the snake in this. He is a pawn used by the snakes which is Hasbro. They wheeled us along for two years then decided to stop producing ML to make way for MU. MU is doing great they are making money. That is the bottom line isn't it? Toybiz wasn't nearly on Hasbro's corporate level. They were small fishes ML was their main toy line as well as anything Marvel related. That was their focus. When you have a company who has Joes, Transformers, and Star Wars all toys whom kids will buy regardless, meeting collectors needs is not high on their list even though Marvel toys were for the most part geared towards collectors after the birth of ML. Articulation, paint apps, and proper scale were Toybiz's thing. Not so much Hasbro. They're snakes for not wanting to branch out of their niche and try something new. Falcon was used to string us collectors along. Hey Falcon's in a recession like all the rest of us, he's has to make money as well.

more MU!

Ok,You really need to shut up with this crap. We get it,You don't like Legends anymore. Either post on the Marvel Universe board or don't post at all,Cause' you're really starting to piss me and I'm sure the same applies other members .

you couldve pm'd me instead acting all tough on an internet account for everyone to see this. internet thug. go head talk your sh1t.

I know he's just a scapegoat, I've said it so many times. He is just doing what he's told, but what happened to the guy who was gonna change the industry? We are going backwards. I'm sure promises were made to him that he was going to spearhead the ML effort and be the go to guy. We've all had jobs where the boss changed the rules midstream. You know what you can do, take a stand or just give up. You can't ride both sides of the fence and expect to maintain your integrity.

He had to know the biggest reason they brought him to Hasbro was for his name as it would be recognized by the ML fans. They intended him to be the one to pull all the ML fans to the MU dark side, but it didn't work. Now they're throwing us a bone and he's gonna be the fall guy when it all turns to crap. All's fair because he sure don't mind being up front and center when he does something right.

If Jesse was behind Marvel Select putting out Toy Biz designed figures because they might not move under the old ML banner (like Thanos & Mephisto), then he gets kudos from me.

Now if he can work Hasbro (like they worked him) and get them to release some decent heroes and villains (besides the X-Men family) then he can go from scapegoat to hero in no time.

more MU!

you couldve pm'd me instead acting all tough on an internet account for everyone to see this. internet thug. go head talk your sh1t.

you play nice, too.

more MU!

You can find your way to the little toys on the MU board. Right now the adults are speaking.

is that to imply that MU collectors are childlike? please tell me thats what youre hinting at!

hey all, how's things?, haven't been online in a while

my opinion in all this, is either way I'm curious to see the lineup of figures be it MS/MU/ML

a darkhawk figure would be good, oops wrong thread lol

nah Jesse Falcon can't please everyone, but hey that's reality

the SDCC should be good, I'm just bummed that I'm here in Oz : (

more MU!

And people wonder why they, as collectors, aren't taken seriously. Maybe it has something to do with the poor attitudes and constant sniping because Person A doesn't like what Person B does. Pathetic.

On topic, like it was mentioned, Falcon works for Marvel. Marvel controls what is revealed by the companies they contract to produce their product. Jesse may be dying to keep the community updated with every last tidbit of information, but if Marvel gives the thumbs down, his hands are tied.

Beyond that, how much product is Marvel/Hasbro expected to pump out? Focus is on the Marvel Universe line, trying to get interest in a new series. Clone Wars is still big, Wolverine Origins is a focus with the movie in theatres, soon G.I. Joe is going to be in the forefront followed by Iron Man 2, Captain America and then Thor. How many brands does Hasbro have on the shelf and in the pipeline? If they felt Marvel Legends wasn't profitable, of course its going to take a back seat for a while. The ML diehards around here need to realize just because it's your favorite line, it may not have been the biggest money maker for Hasbro. Larger figures, larger costs, larger price tag on the pegs...might not be the easiest sale for their target demographic; kids spending their parents' money.

So instead, the big Marvel Legends announcement you've all been pining for is finally made and yet...still complaints. Shocking.

more MU!

And people wonder why they, as collectors, aren't taken seriously. Maybe it has something to do with the poor attitudes and constant sniping because Person A doesn't like what Person B does. Pathetic.

So instead, the big Marvel Legends announcement you've all been pining for is finally made and yet...still complaints. Shocking.

These comments don't really do anything to stop the sniping now,Do they? Or are you just all preach and no brains?

more MU!

is that to imply that MU collectors are childlike? please tell me thats what youre hinting at!

Just a joke. I got a tendancy to do that. Just a pun on the difference in size of the two lines. I also did want to inforce the fact that we were on an ML thread and it is kinda childish to bust in with an MU shoutout in pretty much every topic. I'm also and MU collector, just not as loyally as ML.

more MU!

Just a joke. I got a tendancy to do that. Just a pun on the difference in size of the two lines. I also did want to inforce the fact that we were on an ML thread and it is kinda childish to bust in with an MU shoutout in pretty much every topic. I'm also and MU collector, just not as loyally as ML.

dude...i was playing. i know you, and i know that you collect both.(lol) im no die-hard MU fan. and yes.....ive been saying that to hellion about that MU shout-out crap for a while.

more MU!

These comments don't really do anything to stop the sniping now,Do they? Or are you just all preach and no brains?

Not much different from yours, now is it? Mine doesn't attack or attempt to demean someone for liking or supporting a different line than I do, its just a statement. The attitudes on several boards are just so childish and ridiculous, its almost like some people are actually trying to confirm every stereotype there's ever been about the collecting community.

more MU!

Not much different from yours, now is it? Mine doesn't attack or attempt to demean someone for liking or supporting a different line than I do, its just a statement. The attitudes on several boards are just so childish and ridiculous, its almost like some people are actually trying to confirm every stereotype there's ever been about the collecting community.

The stereotypes come from somewhere,So yeah,Maybe some of us collect to the extent it is a serious subject to us.We have a right to snipe if we want to.It is what these forums are for,Not just agreeing on everything.Calling it Pathetic openly to obviously stir bad feelings doesn't really help the resolve.