Im going to quit !

aaozz9

I never thought that I would say this but is truth ! is just that is a lot stuff going on in my life so is time for me to stop . I star in 2002 and I got pretty much everything but then the legends stop and I found myself buying MOTU , street fighter and dc stuff and I just get tire ...

I just want to say thaks to all of you guys ! is been fun to talk and fight here with you ...lol

you want to take a last look to my collection here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbMD9dBDz9g

thanks to pooda , kevinhulk , ironspiderman ,big bear , tomtom and everybody else

Jonathan icon1.gif

I never thought that I would say this but is truth ! is just that is a lot stuff going on in my life so is time for me to stop . I star in 2002 and I got pretty much everything but then the legends stop and I found myself buying MOTU , street fighter and dc stuff and I just get tire ...

I just want to say thaks to all of you guys ! is been fun to talk and fight here with you ...lol

you want to take a last look to my collection here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbMD9dBDz9g

thanks to pooda , kevinhulk , ironspiderman ,big bear , tomtom and everybody else

Jonathan icon1.gif

sooo...youre just gonna quit? i understand hard times, but you should think it over. if money's tight i truly understand, but just take a break. if you sell your stuff, believe me you...youll be sorry! plus, just because you dont buy, doesnt mean that you cant discuss. :mad:

is not fun anymore pooda is more like a addiction for me ! so I decide to quit ...

thats because you buy whats hot, instead of what you like. i like dcuc so i buy them. i also buy anime stuff, and i buy whatever MLs that i like. i dont get worked up anymore, and if i find what i want ill buy it, if not....ah well. i try and keep it fun....not a full time job.

Hate to see you just up and quit. I've enjoyed your posts. Like I said on your other thread, think it over, take a break, and don't just go selling off your MLs. Maybe try getting rid of the other lines you started collecting as MLs slowed down. That may help you consider what dropping MLs would really mean for you. Good luck whatever you decide.

If it really is an addiction as you say it is, quitting cold turkey isn't gonna do you any good. Ease out of it, buy less, maybe sell some stuff, etc.

And as Pooda says, you don't have to collect to discuss. I rarely buy more than $200 or $300 worth of toys a year, and I'm still very much active all the time (unfortunately not at this site as much, but at others). Every once in a while something will come along that looks so good, or I find a really good deal on it that I just say what the heck and get it.

It's also very easy to extend the hobby by customizing. Many a toys that I get tired of posing, I improve with a bit of sculpting, maybe messings around with the technical stuff (magnets and such), and a bit of paint and voila! It is again at the front of the shelf and I am more than glad I didn't just toss it away or sell it. This is a child's hobby. Feed your inner child.

I got a lot stuff on ebay right now guys ....

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/marilyn1297_...QQ_fromZQQ_ipgZ

Yep. I quit a few months ago and began putting it all very slowly on E-Bay. It's taking forever and I bounce back and forth from keeping just the ones I like to selling them all.

Right now it's hard to tell. I wanted almost all of the figs from Nemesis wave, and I love many of the figs from DCUC, but it seems that it's better to focus my hobbies down to the things that matter most. My collection is not as massive as aaozz9 but you should have some nice selections on e-bay between us.

I've felt like this for quite a while also. To the point where I've even auctioned off some of the more expensive figures I had or figures that I had multiples of. In was going to wait and see what SDCC has to offer and if I don;t see anything that really bowls me over then I might sell everything I got or atleast the bulk of it.

It goes old, sincerely it hurts to me to listen when the one liking becomes the cause of its suffering.

I have known many fanatics that have stopped buying their favorite characters due to money problems, or have even sold its extensive collections because they marry and they decide " grown" and to dedicate to priorities majors, but, stopping collecting because it has taken to obsession levels puts to me to think about the terribly congested thing that we are in favor of so many and so varied options of line of toys, and like, to take taking us by the heat of the moment we lose the objectivity of our goals and stopped enjoying to buy things.

I hope that someday you can feel alleviated of the pressure to which these subject and, with time, are things that fill with the same emotion and passion to you as it were it to create similar collection.

Buen Viaje.

happy trails... to you... ... until... we meet... again...

i see a lot of defense of MU but it seems like that's been the final straw for most of us. hasbro taking over was tough, but this last switch to the smaller toys seems to have put the soul and the heart of this to sleep. to have silenced the inner child that this all brings out. without that we go from fervent collector, to critical shopper, to buying some, to only the ones we want and then to none at all.

what's hard for me is these figures used to inspire me to get them, now they make me feel tired.

Man, I really have been away ... Aaozz9, u r really leaving!?!??!

Man, I feel you!!!

I too am just about ready to call it quits.

I want to find a few missing pieces and then I am basically done as well.

I have been busy with other pursuits.

Like you, I love the hobby, but life goes on ....

at least continue to stop by and post a little here & there my friend.

My prayers are with you.