What figure was the biggest waste of space?

Ninjak

We all have our "want list" of a dozen or so Legends figures we'd eventually like to see made. With so many classic Marvel heroes and villains that have yet to see plastic representation, I was wondering why Hasbro (or ToyBiz) would waste good shelf / peg space on figures that either no one was asking for, or that have already had a figure released?

So, with that in mind, (and just for fun) what do you think are the biggest "wastes of space" in previous Legends series to date.

Here are my picks.

1) Silver Savage (Red Hulk series)

Was anyone really demanding this figure? If they wanted to glue some Conan accessories on a Silver Surfer, they could have at least just made him a variant or something. Why waste a spot on a throw away incarnation of a "B" character that's already had multiple figures released? Instead of him we could have gotten Shang Chi, Nighthawk, Hell Cat or Valkyrie.

2) The Vision (Ares Series)

It's not that I don't like the vision, but there was already a very good figure of him in this same costume. Did we really need another one? Instead they could have redone the Scarlet Witch, or better yet, classic Ultron.

3) 25th Anniversary Wolverine (TRU Exclusive)

Wow what a brilliant idea. Let's take Wolverine and paint him to look like the Silver Surfer. What the hell are you supposed to do with this thing? Why didn't they just re-realease the brown costume Wolverine without his mask, and just paint his claws silver? Now that would have been a hot selling figure instead of the peg warmer that it was.

4) X-23 (Apocalypse series)

At last, the one unreleased X-Men character that fans have been clamoring for!!! Who is it? Thunderbird? No. First Appearance Storm? No. Polaris? No. Dazzler? No. Mastermind? Nope. Jubilee? No again. How about Gladitor? Wrong answer. Uhm let's see... Sauron... Multiple Man... Classic Sunfire??? Uhh...No. You know what? Just forget it.

5) Danger (Brood Queen series)

See above entry.

There's my short list. Does anyone else have any figures they consider a "waste of space"?

savage she-hulk

black cat

deathstrike

danger

reed(hml)

Savage She-Hulk is a good fig. Black Cat isn't that bad from what I've seen.

Which Reed Richards are you talking about? The Ronin one (kinda cool) or the 2 pack (head is stupid and didn't come with the extra arms).

s.she-hulk was too small....so she sucked. ive had b.cat and shes ugly and her articulation sucks. the reed i speak of is the FF legends. i liked the head, and seeing that i do pics, the whole streched out thing had its place, but c'mon....he's useless. the 2pack had that dumb @$$ boxed set head.(lame)

savage she-hulk

black cat

deathstrike

danger

reed(hml)

Savage She-Hulk is a good fig. Black Cat isn't that bad from what I've seen.

Which Reed Richards are you talking about? The Ronin one (kinda cool) or the 2 pack (head is stupid and didn't come with the extra arms).

s.she-hulk was too small....so she sucked. ive had b.cat and shes ugly and her articulation sucks. the reed i speak of is the FF legends. i liked the head, and seeing that i do pics, the whole streched out thing had its place, but c'mon....he's useless. the 2pack had that dumb @$ boxed set head.(lame)

Yeah, I know what you mean about She-Hulk. She is quite out of scale. Other than that tho it's a good figure.

I agree about Reed. I went ahead and got myself series 5 to replace that stupid 2pack one. I may switch the heads tho so they all have matching colors.

Yeah, that "Savage She Hulk" just missed making my list. She was too small, plus we already got a very decent She Hulk fig. I don't think anyone was really begging for another one.

I also agree with the Mr. Fantastic / Thing two pack. This was almost a direct re-release of figures we already got. I just can't figure out why they wouldn't give us someone new in a series like that. How about a famous pair like Cloak & Dagger for instance?

I think Deathstrike was a decent figure, not sure what all the hate is about.

Savage She-Hulk

Silver Wolvie

Savage Surfer

Savage Grey Hulk & Variant

HML Vision

HML Thor

Juggernaut

Now that you are all gasping at the above joke, I will tell you I am a proud owner of Juggy and will always cherish him.

Savage She-Hulk

Silver Wolvie

Savage Surfer

HML Vision

HML Thor

Juggernaut

Now that you are all gasping at the above joke, I will tell you I am a proud owner of Juggy and will always cherish him.

HML thor? thats one of the "claim to fame" figs imo. it was well sized, and....hell...he was just slick as oil to me. he couldve used a paint wash(with his pale @SS) but he was very, very cool.

every iron man movie figure

stop it. the IM figs were nice. i hated the pop off shoulder pads, and the hand positions...but they were nice.

All of the Human Torches.

The Ares wave torches are very nice. The FF one that comes with impy and the movie models based on it (see thruee plastic) are pretty good too.

The series 2 one is just ok. It represents the original human torch, but you have to like that style. The ronan one is an abomination.

The next 2 pack torch looked really good in the photos.

Savage She-Hulk

Silver Wolvie

Savage Surfer

HML Vision

HML Thor

Juggernaut

HML thor? thats one of the "claim to fame" figs imo. it was well sized, and....hell...he was just slick as oil to me. he couldve used a paint wash(with his pale @SS) but he was very, very cool.

stop it. the IM figs were nice. i hated the pop off shoulder pads, and the hand positions...but they were nice.

I agree. I thought the movie figs were nice. I thought mabye there were to many, but I liked them.

So... you would've preferred what? Iron Man movies in a ML wave!?!??!?! Plus Iron Man figures are nice and they give you the chance to build an armory without using a ML spot.

Now for my picks

Entire Spider Man 3 legends wave

Deathlok

Skaar

Savage She Hulk

Hulk the End

Ultimate Wolvie

Movie Phoenix

Movie Colossus

2-pack Wolverine- I love the Forge figure but he should've come with a Storm or a new character instead of yet another ugly Wolverine.

Definitely:

Bucky

Thing/Reed box set

Every Spider Man outside of his own line

WWll Cap from the box set

X3 Jean Grey (custom fodder)

X3 Colussus (fodder)

The End Hulk ( even more fodder)

Ultimate Wolverine (see above)

Beta Ray Bill

Purple X23

AoA Wolverine

Everyone in the Xmen box set except Rogue which could've used some improvements. Why not a Jubilee and some other characters?

Limited Edition Surfer

25th Silver Wolverine. You know he was also Galactus' herald in addition to every team he's on. lol

1 - Legendary Riders Ultron. I don't think this one needs an explanation

2 - Marvel Girl from the Cable/Marvel Girl 2-pack. They put out two walmart 2packs - 3 X-Force figures and... late 60's Jean Grey?

3 - Non-616 ML figs; Sandman series, X3, movie Daredevil, movie Blade, Ultimate Iron Men, etc. What can I say? I don't want any of that stuff mixed in.

4 - Red Hulk series Yellow Wolverine. If they had to make another Wolvy, I can't figure out why they didn't just make a comic accurate X-Force version.

5 - 25th Anniversary Wolverine. Get it? 25th = silver...