The Nemesis quest....

MrDizzle

so today I picked up both the full Blob & Brood sets. Since starting ML over about 3 months ago, outside 5 face off sets, a few variants, the Giant Man & Ares wave.........all I lack is the Nemesis series. Thing is, I realllly hate to sink alot of money into the set and have em hit stateside next week. I can definately be patient but now that I'm at the end of the road, I'm thinking of picking the figs up one at a time. At least it won't "feel" as bad that way. Maybe get Punisher & the variant.....DD & his variant, then Beast, Tygra, Nova then Blackbolt. Pretty much start w/ the cheaper figs and go up. That way if they actually do hit finally, I can get the harder ones in the stores. IDK..maybe I should wait until SDCC when we might get some new info. Anybody here actually have the series yet?

i picked up the entire set on ebay. I had already been waiting a year for them when they showed up in canada, and they had been delayed so many times i just cracked and bought them. $119.00 for the entire wave (including variants) plus shipping. 25 bucks more than the entire wave would cost me in a store. Not that bad of a deal, considering I've had mine for about 8 months now, and the rest of the u.s. is still going without.

ok here's the latest info i have stumbled on ---- check out comicfigs.net --- great site --- he has finally posted pics of the nemesis series dated 070109 -- he put a quote on the first page when you select the nemesis series that statesw that he bought these at a us walmart 'last week' - he did not specify what part of the country he found these at -- since he posted the pics 070109 i would assume he found them a week before posting the pics? anyways i would think this is good news of an impending release -- hasbro has stated on more than one occasion (in the question and answer for marvel - posted on this site) that wal mart has the figures just has not decided the right time to merchandise them. ??? now is a good time!! so it appears that they have the figures at their warehouse -- why they will not put them in stores for the last year ???

btw - i caved and bought a case for 200.00 fr big bad toy store back around march -- i dont regret it

If you go to the fwoosh he posted the entire story. He's in Oregon, somehow somebody had them fed-exed to his local walmart from a wharehouse in Chino, CA. He had a friend working at that walmart who called him up when they came in. He went down and bought them before the guy who actually ordered them could. The guy, possibly a scalper, later went balistic in the store screaming something about ebay prices.

I'm paraphrasing, of course. The thread is over a hundred pages long but the walmart sighting was first reported somewhere in the 80-85 page range of this - fwoosh Nemesis series thread

It's been an ongoing discussion/argument about the mysterious Oregon Nemesis find ever since.

EDIT : btw, I bought these in March from Silver Snail. Paid $120 total with shipping. The fact that I already have them is the only reason I'm able to find the whole situation amusing.

Picture018.jpg

Picture019.jpg

i picked up the entire set on ebay. I had already been waiting a year for them when they showed up in canada, and they had been delayed so many times i just cracked and bought them. $119.00 for the entire wave (including variants) plus shipping. 25 bucks more than the entire wave would cost me in a store. Not that bad of a deal, considering I've had mine for about 8 months now, and the rest of the u.s. is still going without.

that was a great deal!

Shoot. I picked up the entire series back in February for $95.00 plus $20.00 shipping for a total of $114.00. I had no real desire to own the Nemesis BAF so I threw him up on Ebay starting at $19.99 and I ended up getting over $100.00 for him. So I basically got the entire series (sans BAF) for free.

3520515553_7478b4f927_o.jpg

Also picked up the variant red DD for $14.95 around the same time.

3451158679_89724dd606_o.jpg

Glad I did it, because I'm starting to think these things are never making it to Wal-Mart.

The guy who found them in oregon is the same dude who used to run the Marvellegends.net site. I'm sure he's pretty connected seeing as he is one of the ML guru's out there.

I got mine from the silver snail as well. So glad I did, cause otherwise I'd be going crazy right now. I hate waiting for toys, it's childish I know, but some childish things stick around when you're young at heart.

The guy who found them in oregon is the same dude who used to run the Marvellegends.net site.

He still runs the site except that now it is called ComicFigs.net. He changed the name because he also covers Marvel Select, Marvel Universe, DC Universe, etc., etc.

By far the best super hero action figure collector site on the web.

hopefully they hit somewhere besides the san diego area. it would be ridiculous that they only show up in california.

Yeah they are supposed to be in stores some time in july, mid or end. I will pick all of them up and just keep the ones i want. I would never pay the ebay prices, and those who got them for cheaper than at a wal-mart is unheard of, thats crazy. All the preorders I found were at least $25 or more a fig. but any way if you did u must have bad knee burns.