SDCC: New Marvel Legends Pics!!

RealOne

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty surprised by the obscurity of some of these characters.

In any case, I'm for all of them... except I DEFINITELY do not want Hulk, Wolverine, or Bagman.

In general I'd rather get a new character than a redone one, but that Black Widow looks great. The one we have is fugly.

Exactly. Sometimes redone figures do stink but there are a lot of Toybiz ones that can be redone to look better. Black Widow was a great pick do redo. Another redo we need is Black Cat. I know I am a broken record but that Hulk rules gosh I can't wait for it!

Majority of these have high quality washes and paint apps just for show purposes and toy/ comic conventions. But we all know these paint apps get minimized and disappear on the actual production figure. And yes a lot of these figures is based on the smaller, slimmer Silver Surfer Vision body. So I am hoping not all of them would have the tiny pin head syndrome from the two mentioned.

Oh glorious day! Now I'm really thrilled that I don't collect this stuff anymore. This is a slap in the face to all you guys who waited breathlessly for the return of your favorite toy line.

Luke Cage NO

Winter Soldier NO

Cloak NO

Dagger NO

Bill Foster Goliath NO

New Captain America NO

Shang Chi NO

Secret Invasion Skrulls NO

Medusa NO

Gorgon NO

Crystal NO

Lockjaw NO

Echo NO

Batroc NO

The Wrecking Crew NO

Jessica Jones NO

Stature NO

I can go on and on. Instead you're treated to...

Amazing Bag Man? If you vote for him you get what you deserve. I hope they just glue a "bag" over an unpainted Reed Richards head, like Ult. WM.

Hulk. Do you really need another Hulk? Toy Biz and Hasbro have made one fantastic Hulk after another. This is truly overkill.

Wolverine. Ditto x Infinity.

Terror Inc.? Nuke? Fantomex? Who the hell are these guys? Talk about obscure, especially with the aforementioned names I listed.

Sorry, I know some of you are excited about these figures but this is not a triumphant return for ML. I hope more details surface. Right now, this is far from impressive.

These new reuses may be sub par but they are still 100% better than the garbage DCUC puts out.

This stupid voting thing totally sucks ass! I would pick up several of these if they were all made available. But if I have to vote I would go for the following:

1) CONSTRICTOR

2) BI-BEAST

3) AMAZING BAG MAN

(Even though this is based on a one-time gag in ASM 258, and it would be a pretty easy custom, I would still definitely buy this figure in a minute).

However, it will probably never be. The X-Fans always win these "votes". So I will likely never get my Constrictor or Bag Man or Bi-Beast, just like I didn't get Silver Samurai. Most likely we will get some combination of Deadpool, Havok, Warpath, Multiple Man, White Phoenix or Wolverine. "Yawn". I don't really care for any of those, except for Deadpool, and that's only because I never had a chance to pick up the ToyBiz one.

I mean I like the X-Men as a concept, and though I haven't followed it for many years (except for Astonishing), it was one of my favorite comics at one time. And I already have pretty much every X-Character that I care about.

So, if you are like me, and would like to get some figures that aren't all Wolverine and X-Men related. VOTE, VOTE, VOTE!

Majority of these have high quality washes and paint apps just for show purposes and toy/ comic conventions. But we all know these paint apps get minimized and disappear on the actual production figure. And yes a lot of these figures is based on the smaller, slimmer Silver Surfer Vision body. So I am hoping not all of them would have the tiny pin head syndrome from the two mentioned.

As far as I can tell from those close ups Deadpool doesn't have that stupid pinhead.

Oh dude! Thanks for posting those close ups he really is freakin awesome! Sweet can't waaaaaait! Also: That Fantomex would make a freakin sweet Deadpool custom. Just take that Deadpool head or the Toybiz one and paint accordingly. You may not even need to change the head.

I like the Deadpool they made, no need to customize Phatom X into DP IMO. Hoewever Phantom would make a cool customized Gi joe Firefly.

Those close up pics of DP are awesome! I like want that fig like right now!!!!

The majority of those selections they show us really sucked donkey nutz. Yea sure it was exciting to see characters that should never be made into plastic. However the reality of it is once again Hasbro told us to take our ideas for the figures we want & our money and go spend them somewhere else. The list of characters we have been asking for would easily have filled up their 20 figures to show, instead we get the reject bunch to choose from.

Way to go Hasblo, once again you proved your ignorance & stupidity!

Well I see four figs I want to definately get.

1. Deadpool

2. Phantom X

3. Constrictor

4. Warpath.

So for me that is cool enough to have. And others have their favorites from what is shown.

I hope they redu Bullseye & Taskmaster (prefer the UDON version). Characters that hasn't been done that I would like to see are Shatterstar & Darkhawk

Oh glorious day! Now I'm really thrilled that I don't collect this stuff anymore. This is a slap in the face to all you guys who waited breathlessly for the return of your favorite toy line.

Luke Cage NO

Winter Soldier NO

Cloak NO

Dagger NO

Bill Foster Goliath NO

New Captain America NO

Shang Chi NO

Secret Invasion Skrulls NO

Medusa NO

Gorgon NO

Crystal NO

Lockjaw NO

Echo NO

Batroc NO

The Wrecking Crew NO

Jessica Jones NO

Stature NO

I can go on and on. Instead you're treated to...

Amazing Bag Man? If you vote for him you get what you deserve. I hope they just glue a "bag" over an unpainted Reed Richards head, like Ult. WM.

Hulk. Do you really need another Hulk? Toy Biz and Hasbro have made one fantastic Hulk after another. This is truly overkill.

Wolverine. Ditto x Infinity.

Terror Inc.? Nuke? Fantomex? Who the hell are these guys? Talk about obscure, especially with the aforementioned names I listed.

Sorry, I know some of you are excited about these figures but this is not a triumphant return for ML. I hope more details surface. Right now, this is far from impressive.

These new reuses may be sub par but they are still 100% better than the garbage DCUC puts out.

Finally you say something i agree with :)

...anyway - it's funny about all the bitching about how we don't need another this and we don't need another that. Hasbro is a COMPANY... which means the want to make MONEY... which means they HAVE TO cater to a certain market appeal (i.e. the million Wolverine, IM, Hulk, Spiderman figs out there), to guarantee that at least part of their lines will sell.

And keep in mind... just because YOU want a figure and YOU would spend money on it doesn't mean that anyone else would... especially the typical walk-by, impulse buyers that are out there and purchase a good number of these things.

Don't like the selections? Don't buy them. Make a frigg'n custom. Shut up. All you people do is whine whine whine, no matter what. You should be happy that the Legends line isn't completely dead. Whether i'm interested in half the characters or not i'm glad they're coming out (tentatively) and that perhaps in the future we'll see more of a variety of characters like this.

No, none of them use that body. A lot of them use the Bullseye body. In fact, deadpool looks exactly like a repainted Union Jack with a new head and belt.

And the amazing thing is? It works for the characters. Does Bagman need a new body? Hell no. And the one they are using is great.

Anyway, my choices:

1) Hulk. I have wanted this since he was colored Red.

2) White Phoenix. Awesome costume, awesome figure.

3) Deadpool. It's Deadpool. What do I have to say?

The majority of those selections they show us really sucked donkey nutz. Yea sure it was exciting to see characters that should never be made into plastic. However the reality of it is once again Hasbro told us to take our ideas for the figures we want & our money and go spend them somewhere else. The list of characters we have been asking for would easily have filled up their 20 figures to show, instead we get the reject bunch to choose from.

Really? You're going to complain about new figures? Because they didn't make the ones you want them to make? Really? Seriously this is a time to rejoice not fuss & complain. If people keep complaining about new figures Hasbro will say "See, we were right! No one wants 6 inch figures!" It's all the excuse they need. Please don't give them that!

Really? You're going to complain about new figures? Because they didn't make the ones you want them to make? Really? Seriously this is a time to rejoice not fuss & complain. If people keep complaining about new figures Hasbro will say "See, we were right! No one wants 6 inch figures!" It's all the excuse they need. Please don't give them that!

I agree completely. Today, we shall CELEBRATE! 6 inch IS NOT DEAD!

Sigh... I can see from these posts that I'm not going to get any of the figures I want... No one seems at all interested in Ms. Marvel, Multiple Man, and Lady Bullseye. It's not hard to see that Deadpool, Wolverine, and probably Hulk will be made no matter what we vote for. I just really, REALLY want that Ms. Marvel.

Bagman just flat out pisses me off.

And Deadpool is a Union Jack with a new headsculpt... I JUST made that custom.

Great figures but I still feel letdown and pessimistic. I wish I didn't.

Are you kidding me? "Uh oh, better not let Hasbro know they are doing something wrong or they might refuse us their products!" Give me a break. Sure, be happy that ML isn't dead, that's great news, but that doesn't mean people can't criticize.

I think all the figures look great, but their figure selection is a kick to the face in some cases. Even if you don't want them, figures like Ultron, Enchantress, Gladiator, Jim Lee Jean, Bucky/Winter Soldier, etc. have been clamored for since ML was in metaphorical diapers. I haven't heard a single person ever once mention Terror Inc or Nuke or Lady Bullseye. And the fact that Marvel Universe got pretty much every single character that we've been begging for and we basically got not a single one (other than Deadpool) is obviously not going to sit well with many people.

Unless they have an ace in the hole, I think some of their character selections for the "return" of ML were just plain poor. When people have to wikipedia who a character is, that's an indicator that it was a bad choice.

Are you kidding me? "Uh oh, better not let Hasbro know they are doing something wrong or they might refuse us their products!" Give me a break. Sure, be happy that ML isn't dead, that's great news, but that doesn't mean people can't criticize.

I think all the figures look great, but their figure selection is a kick to the face in some cases. Even if you don't want them, figures like Ultron, Enchantress, Gladiator, Jim Lee Jean, Bucky/Winter Soldier, etc. have been clamored for since ML was in metaphorical diapers. I haven't heard a single person ever once mention Terror Inc or Nuke or Lady Bullseye. And the fact that Marvel Universe got pretty much every single character that we've been begging for and we basically got not a single one (other than Deadpool) is obviously not going to sit well with many people.

Unless they have an ace in the hole, I think some of their character selections for the "return" of ML were just plain poor. When people have to wikipedia who a character is, that's an indicator that it was a bad choice.

I couldn't care less about offending Hasbro. But I would gladly buy every single figure shown except Hulk and Bagman. I'm not going to pretend I don't want figures that I like just because somebody else doesn't like them.

Some people are going to want figures you don't want. We've already seen in this thread that some people don't want Ultron. Does that mean they shouldn't make him either?

Anyways, we got Deathlok, Vengeance and Maestro before Loki and Kingpin, so I don't see why we can't get Bi-Beast and Terror Inc.

Sigh... I can see from these posts that I'm not going to get any of the figures I want... No one seems at all interested in Ms. Marvel, Multiple Man, and Lady Bullseye. It's not hard to see that Deadpool, Wolverine, and probably Hulk will be made no matter what we vote for. I just really, REALLY want that Ms. Marvel.

Bagman just flat out pisses me off. I agree

And Deadpool is a Union Jack with a new headsculpt... I JUST made that custom. I am sure yours is awesome, but some of us want one to

Great figures but I still feel letdown and pessimistic. I wish I didn't.

My thing about multiple man is that one has to buy more than one to truly display his power. Most figures one can display flight, strength, martial arts, and even energy blast pose.

I couldn't care less about offending Hasbro. But I would gladly buy every single figure shown except Hulk and Bagman. I'm not going to pretend I don't want figures that I like just because somebody else doesn't like them.

Some people are going to want figures you don't want. We've already seen in this thread that some people don't want Ultron. Does that mean they shouldn't make him either?

Anyways, we got Deathlok, Vengeance and Maestro before Loki and Kingpin, so I don't see why we can't get Bi-Beast and Terror Inc.

I'm not saying people are wrong for wanting the obscure figures shown, but while you won't pretend you don't want figures I won't pretend that I do. I have zero interest in 6 of those 18 characters, so I won't be buying them if they come out. But I can almost guarantee you they won't come out anyway, because there's no chance in hell that Nuke is going to win over characters like Deadpool or Multiple Man or Black Widow, but in all honesty I think Hasbro knows that fact and that's part of the reason why we're seeing those characters in the selection: they were easy to put together yet obscure enough to seem like they are trying to cater to collectors.

Also, I understand that not everyone wants the same figures made, but that's not really the point I'm making. I'm not saying Hasbro has to make everyone happy, but it's absolutely baffling that they wouldn't include a single figure that many, many collectors have been asking for. And I'm not just speaking personally: take a look at top 10 polls all over the place. I guarantee you that you won't see Nuke, Fantomex, Lady Bullseye, or Terror Inc. on any of them.

Yet all the ones that do show up on the Top 10 polls showed up in MU. Strange, isn't it?

Only bad thing about this deadpool is that he might be a little short; that looks like the Silver Surfer/Vision body.

he's union jack kit bash. besides the head and the belt, he's 100% union jack.(from what i see) i dont like the fact that they reuse heads, but that black widow is 1000 times better that the toy biz version! hasbro needs to stop f**king around and just release them all.