SDCC: New Marvel Legends Pics!!

RealOne

I'm really, really surprised by some of the figures they don't have here:

No Darkhawk

No Gladiator

No Winter Soldier (Or New-Cap)

Still, most of them look good. No love for bag-Spidey (which I think is probably a joke 19th figure), Brother Voodoo (Though he looks OK...I thought he was the Magus), Terror Inc. (Again, looks good, but dont' care about the character), Lady Bullseye, Hulk, or Bi-Beast (We have a couple decent Hulks, and Bi-Beast I can live without).

But I would buy all the rest in a heartbeat. Especially that new Black Widow.

agreed. Where are the characters that people actually want?

alot of these are good figures of characters that we already have. But I would much rather have the choice to choose those 3 guys you mentioned.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what I don't understand is the character choices, mostly.

Hasbro knows which figures the fans have been wanting since they took over. And somehow they are producing alot of these characters in the MU line, but not in ML.

If they want to know a big reason why ML fails, one is character choices (the other is crappy figures).

So instead of some awesome characters that everybody wants, they offer some G-list characters (are they trying to compete with DCUC's Killer Moth that nobody wanted?)

out of all the figures shown, I would only buy a handful of them.

Fantomex - an interesting character, and I read the books with him in them

Deadpool - I like Deadpool, and this is a good figure

Black Widow - I don't like the TB figure very much, this one is cool

Havok - pretty cool, I like Havok

Constrictor - it's alright... but I don't have a Constrictor

Multiple Man - I would have prefered his other costume

Pheonix - a really good figure

Bi-Beast - not a great figure, but I need more Hulk villains

I would pass on:

HULK - hate the animated, artist-specific musculature

Brother Voodoo - who decided to make him? why

Mrs.Marvel - I like the ML version better

Valkyrie - I will never buy a ML figure with those knees

Terror Inc - no interest in the character

Warpath - I hate the torso repaint without a new deco to it. Get rid of that texture!

Nuke - who?

Bag Spidey - the stupidest thing ever

X-Force Wolverine - I have plenty of Wolverines

Hood - not familiar enough with him or this look

Lady Bullseye - stupid character, horrible figure

i am kind of happy with the figs because at least those arent the exact same figs, toybiz did. i mean they are all new and maybe we dont know them yet but maybe in the next 2 years, nuke will put the punisher to the grave and everybody wants to have him.

this reminds me when toybiz did some new figs and i didnt even had a clue who they were. i loved the fact that the figure looked cool and then i wanted to know more about him. i would love to get nuke or terror or who ever they are called as long as they look cool like this.

sure i wanted jean (jim lee), the claw, chameleon, hell even a spot figure first but what can i do. they look better then before and i wanna see more of it. in hope that one time, i have the chance to finaly see my favorites.

Have you ever seen a pic of what Ultron is supposed to look like? ML11 Ultron is widely thought to be an abomination. He begs for a re-do and he's actually a character people care about. By your logic, I guess you won't be buying Black Widow, Wolverine, Havok, Hulk, or Phoenix?

Your right , i won't. That hulk is hideous btw.

Oh ok. So you wouldn't buy or don't own FO Cap? FO Punisher? GM Thor? Ares TS Wolverine? FO Hulk? You actually wouldn't buy any version of a character that was made better simply because that character has already been made? If so, then kudos to you I guess...enjoy your ML1 Hulk.

I have the series 4 punisher so I don't need the FO one.

I have series 1 cap so no need for the FO one.

I have the GM Thor,that's the only one I have.

Who cares about ares ???

I have the FO hulk,no need for another.

Any other questions ??????????????????????

The majority of those selections they show us really sucked donkey nutz. Yea sure it was exciting to see characters that should never be made into plastic. However the reality of it is once again Hasbro told us to take our ideas for the figures we want & our money and go spend them somewhere else. The list of characters we have been asking for would easily have filled up their 20 figures to show, instead we get the reject bunch to choose from.

Way to go Hasblo, once again you proved your ignorance & stupidity!

Turn around so I can kick you in the ***

Are you kidding me? "Uh oh, better not let Hasbro know they are doing something wrong or they might refuse us their products!" Give me a break. Sure, be happy that ML isn't dead, that's great news, but that doesn't mean people can't criticize.

I think all the figures look great, but their figure selection is a kick to the face in some cases. Even if you don't want them, figures like Ultron, Enchantress, Gladiator, Jim Lee Jean, Bucky/Winter Soldier, etc. have been clamored for since ML was in metaphorical diapers. I haven't heard a single person ever once mention Terror Inc or Nuke or Lady Bullseye. And the fact that Marvel Universe got pretty much every single character that we've been begging for and we basically got not a single one (other than Deadpool) is obviously not going to sit well with many people.

Unless they have an ace in the hole, I think some of their character selections for the "return" of ML were just plain poor. When people have to wikipedia who a character is, that's an indicator that it was a bad choice.

The people who are complaining now are the same people who were complaining that "legends is dead". Now hasbro is announcing some new figs and the same people are complaining again that the selection is no good. You need to keep in mind that no matter which figs they choose someone will always be unhappy. Just be glad were still

getting some and if you don't like them,then stick with your puniverse and stop raining on our parade !!!!!!!!

LONG LIVE BAGMAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELL YES LEGENDS ARE NOT DEAD woo woo ok ok i hear you guys wanting th edead pool look at it again not the articulation the first one has but then if you dont have it eh to me eh cuz i have the first one all the other figs i dont think hasbro just gonna make the ones we win in the voting it might be a witch one do you want first and the rest will come after same body sculpt so wont be to had for them and ha ha ha man im glad i stayed faithful to the legends and up to date with them ALL! woo woo woo and i read everything here and i did not see anything about you guys talking about what was in the back ground did noone see the two pack of human torch and invisible woman i did lol now we have a complete ff set with a nice looking costume woo i want them all all the new one so if they make them and what i hear from most you wont get some if them, easy for me to pick them up but you complained they were dead and you didnt pick them up tiss tiss tiss but im happy wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooo im gonna be broke again lol i also liked the skrull baf in the mu series i might pick him up and use it with my legends and the thing and abomination select figs are sick sick sick figs ill be getting them also

Have you ever seen a pic of what Ultron is supposed to look like? ML11 Ultron is widely thought to be an abomination. He begs for a re-do and he's actually a character people care about. By your logic, I guess you won't be buying Black Widow, Wolverine, Havok, Hulk, or Phoenix?

Your right , i won't. That hulk is hideous btw.

Oh ok. So you wouldn't buy or don't own FO Cap? FO Punisher? GM Thor? Ares TS Wolverine? FO Hulk? You actually wouldn't buy any version of a character that was made better simply because that character has already been made? If so, then kudos to you I guess...enjoy your ML1 Hulk.

I was hoping for better character selection. Not these flashes in a pan.

Some of the characters are great, but what bothers me is that some of them were clearly just made because they had the parts lying around. Terror Inc. is clearly just a Nemesis Punisher with FFML Dr. Doom's left arm. Nuke is Hulking with a new head and some accessories. I mean, they couldn't have made an Enchantress/Polaris using the same body as Phoenix/Black Widow/Ms. Marvel?

As Luthor would say. . . WRONG! Nuke´s head is...BAF Ares´head. . .take away the face paint and there u got it.

Don´t you think Hasbro abused on repainting? I´m excited about the new figures, though

Oh glorious day! Now I'm really thrilled that I don't collect this stuff anymore. This is a slap in the face to all you guys who waited breathlessly for the return of your favorite toy line.

Luke Cage NO

Winter Soldier NO

Cloak NO

Dagger NO

Bill Foster Goliath NO

New Captain America NO

Shang Chi NO

Secret Invasion Skrulls NO

Medusa NO

Gorgon NO

Crystal NO

Lockjaw NO

Echo NO

Batroc NO

The Wrecking Crew NO

Jessica Jones NO

Stature NO

I can go on and on. Instead you're treated to...

Amazing Bag Man? If you vote for him you get what you deserve. I hope they just glue a "bag" over an unpainted Reed Richards head, like Ult. WM.

Hulk. Do you really need another Hulk? Toy Biz and Hasbro have made one fantastic Hulk after another. This is truly overkill.

Wolverine. Ditto x Infinity.

Terror Inc.? Nuke? Fantomex? Who the hell are these guys? Talk about obscure, especially with the aforementioned names I listed.

Sorry, I know some of you are excited about these figures but this is not a triumphant return for ML. I hope more details surface. Right now, this is far from impressive.

[/quote

DONT FOR GET ODIN!!!???!!!! i hope ms makes a 10inch odin lol

HELL YES LEGENDS ARE NOT DEAD woo woo ok ok i hear you guys wanting th edead pool look at it again not the articulation the first one has but then if you dont have it eh to me eh cuz i have the first one all the other figs i dont think hasbro just gonna make the ones we win in the voting it might be a witch one do you want first and the rest will come after same body sculpt so wont be to had for them and ha ha ha man im glad i stayed faithful to the legends and up to date with them ALL! woo woo woo and i read everything here and i did not see anything about you guys talking about what was in the back ground did noone see the two pack of human torch and invisible woman i did lol now we have a complete ff set with a nice looking costume woo i want them all all the new one so if they make them and what i hear from most you wont get some if them, easy for me to pick them up but you complained they were dead and you didnt pick them up tiss tiss tiss but im happy wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooo im gonna be broke again lol i also liked the skrull baf in the mu series i might pick him up and use it with my legends and the thing and abomination select figs are sick sick sick figs ill be getting them also

well for the deadpool atleast have a weapon x 11 varriant? or wade wilson?

Well color me surprised, Hasbro finally followed through on one of their promises.

I'm totally on board with the mix of characters who are far overdue and ones that very few of us recognize. Just as I suspected, it's turning into a more collector based selection. If they gave us all the characters we we are demanding, they would run out of source material very quickly and future wave would end up being either updates or existing figs or 2 packs of relatively unknowns, neither of which would sell well. This should be a good sign that they are looking to extend the longevity of the line.

Two things disturb me. What the hell is with all the Hulk hating? When the release of this fig got sidelined for the Rulk BAF everyone was bitchin (myself included) that this fig would never get made, now everyone's bitchin the other way. Might as well deal with it cause I can guarantee he'll be one of the highest voted on. DP will get high marks too regardless of all the hating on this thread. A lot of us got the first one, but a lot of people didn't either. It was a slam dunk for Hasbro because whether you like it or not he is quickly on his way to becoming the next Wolverine.

Speaking of Wolverine, I simply cannot stomach another one. At least drop him from from every other wave or so. If we end up getting yet another repaint over the updated Havok I will loose my freakin mind.

Hahaah... way up there it said no one wanted Killer Moth... I know it's hilarious, but he's my favorite DCUC figure.

Also, I am a broken record, and if you can't tell, I really want the Ms. Marvel. I just wanted to say that I love the old ML version, also, but this is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT character. This is the current Ms. Marvel who has a completely different costume, and it is Karla Sofen, not Carol Danvers... two completely different people.

Just please... ANYONE but Bagman, Hulk, Terror, Inc., Brother Voodoo, Nuke, and Fantomex.

And for the record, ML11 Ultron is an abomination... a total raping of the character. ToyBiz just made their own design completely.

The majority of those selections they show us really sucked donkey nutz. Yea sure it was exciting to see characters that should never be made into plastic. However the reality of it is once again Hasbro told us to take our ideas for the figures we want & our money and go spend them somewhere else. The list of characters we have been asking for would easily have filled up their 20 figures to show, instead we get the reject bunch to choose from.

Way to go Hasblo, once again you proved your ignorance & stupidity!

Really? You're going to complain about new figures? Because they didn't make the ones you want them to make? Really? Seriously this is a time to rejoice not fuss & complain. If people keep complaining about new figures Hasbro will say "See, we were right! No one wants 6 inch figures!" It's all the excuse they need. Please don't give them that!

Are you kidding me? "Uh oh, better not let Hasbro know they are doing something wrong or they might refuse us their products!" Give me a break. Sure, be happy that ML isn't dead, that's great news, but that doesn't mean people can't criticize.

I think all the figures look great, but their figure selection is a kick to the face in some cases. Even if you don't want them, figures like Ultron, Enchantress, Gladiator, Jim Lee Jean, Bucky/Winter Soldier, etc. have been clamored for since ML was in metaphorical diapers. I haven't heard a single person ever once mention Terror Inc or Nuke or Lady Bullseye. And the fact that Marvel Universe got pretty much every single character that we've been begging for and we basically got not a single one (other than Deadpool) is obviously not going to sit well with many people.

Unless they have an ace in the hole, I think some of their character selections for the "return" of ML were just plain poor. When people have to wikipedia who a character is, that's an indicator that it was a bad choice.

Cool yeah you stay negative. Me? I am happy with all these figures as well as all the figures you just listed! I just like any new figure, regardless. As long as they look good that is. You can go buy all those Marvel Universe figures you listed and move one like you said you did. Once again don't rain on our parade; we are having fun!

Marvel Legends is alive and kicking !! You don't expect to get all the must haves in one wave or two or else they'll exhaust what's left of the Marvel Universe and it's a wrap. We'll definitely see the rest of the Inhumans, Cosmic characters or Mutant Universe at some point in the future. Polaris will come, and so with Jean Grey (JLee), Gladiator, Darkhawk , Vulcan, Terrax, Medusa, Odin, new Loki and Thor too. But for now we must support the line and not switch over to the Lilliputian collection and feed interest for that line.

Some good character choices.. some downright terrible ones.

Cant believe theres still no Winter Soldier / buckyCap.

You'd think Marvel would go all out with, what Im guessing is the last Stand of Legends. I highly doubt theyl continue after these two packs (which is barely a proper wave anyway).

I do love my ML, but all the good characters/sculpts are turning up in MU instead now, which though look cool, im not paying the same price i paid for a figure a year or 2 ago for a figure half the size and with no accessories (which is half the reason ive started making them myself instead). If an X-Force Archangel gets released il get one for my Desk (or god willing they ever release a Maggott figure), and if a ML Madrox actually gets made il get that, but otherwise thats me done collecting Marvel figures now :sad:

What is getting me confused is that while some pairings are obvious some don't make sense. For example in 2 packs Hasbro can release: Deadpool-Fantomex,Hulk- Bi beast, Havok-Phoenix, Vodoo-Hood,Hulk- Valkyrie,Wolvie-Warpath maybe Nuke-Terror Inc but what about Black Widow, Ms. Marvel, Constrictor, Lady Bullseye, Bagman who do you release those with???? It would've been nice to have a New Cap/Winter Soldier to go with Widow, Modern Iron Fist to go with Lady Bullseye, Sin to go with Constrictor.etc. All in all I'm pretty happy with most of the figures shown except Wolverine and Bagman(was this really neccesary) Deadpool I could care less about but I understand he's a fan favorite and a lot of people didn't get it the first time around me included. My top 3 are Black Widow, Havok and Constrictor with Moonstone Ms. Marvel, Phoenix, Lady Bullseye, Hood, Valkyrie and Bi beast second. Rejoice we got Marvel Legends it's better than nothing.