SDCC: New Marvel Legends Pics!!

RealOne

I'm really, really surprised by some of the figures they don't have here:

No Darkhawk

No Gladiator

No Winter Soldier (Or New-Cap)

Still, most of them look good. No love for bag-Spidey (which I think is probably a joke 19th figure), Brother Voodoo (Though he looks OK...I thought he was the Magus), Terror Inc. (Again, looks good, but dont' care about the character), Lady Bullseye, Hulk, or Bi-Beast (We have a couple decent Hulks, and Bi-Beast I can live without).

But I would buy all the rest in a heartbeat. Especially that new Black Widow.

agreed. Where are the characters that people actually want?

alot of these are good figures of characters that we already have. But I would much rather have the choice to choose those 3 guys you mentioned.

So are you saying you actually don't want any of those figures? You really wouldn't buy any of them? Sure they didn't make the ones you and a lot of other people want but they still made some pretty slick figures for us to choose.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marvel Legends is alive and kicking !! You don't expect to get all the must haves in one wave or two or else they'll exhaust what's left of the Marvel Universe and it's a wrap. We'll definitely see the rest of the Inhumans, Cosmic characters or Mutant Universe at some point in the future. Polaris will come, and so with Jean Grey (JLee), Gladiator, Darkhawk , Vulcan, Terrax, Medusa, Odin, new Loki and Thor too. But for now we must support the line and not switch over to the Lilliputian collection and feed interest for that line.

Yes thank you! Finally a rational person! I appreciate you so much. Seriously people be happy & excited with what they gave us & try to continue to be patient (I know it's been years) for those highly desired figures. If we stick with it they will come eventually. Right now I am just happy they are still making Marvel Legends.

What is getting me confused is that while some pairings are obvious some don't make sense. For example in 2 packs Hasbro can release: Deadpool-Fantomex,Hulk- Bi beast, Havok-Phoenix, Vodoo-Hood,Hulk- Valkyrie,Wolvie-Warpath maybe Nuke-Terror Inc but what about Black Widow, Ms. Marvel, Constrictor, Lady Bullseye, Bagman who do you release those with???? It would've been nice to have a New Cap/Winter Soldier to go with Widow, Modern Iron Fist to go with Lady Bullseye, Sin to go with Constrictor.etc. All in all I'm pretty happy with most of the figures shown except Wolverine and Bagman(was this really neccesary) Deadpool I could care less about but I understand he's a fan favorite and a lot of people didn't get it the first time around me included. My top 3 are Black Widow, Havok and Constrictor with Moonstone Ms. Marvel, Phoenix, Lady Bullseye, Hood, Valkyrie and Bi beast second. Rejoice we got Marvel Legends it's better than nothing.

Thank you as well for staying positive about this! By the way check out the Marvel Select Bucky Cap. He's pretty awesome and close to scale.

BLASPHEMY. HOW could you say this new modernized obviously sell out Deadpool is better then the Toy Biz one, when you KNOW all these are gonna come out looking like the usual Habro garbage. Now, if they don't, fine, these protos look fantastic except for a few here and there that are typical Habro (valkyrie, lady bullseye). If I could only pick three I'd have to pick Terror Inc., Nuke, and Brother Voodoo. Hoprfully these all come out because I know I'd buy most of them (e.g. The Hood, Bi Beast, Fantomex, that Hulk because I love McGuiness' work, Constrictor, Havok, Bag Man which by the way it would be a little hard to customize the feet but I see your point, I'd prolly buy Deadpool just because I love the character so much, Wolverine, Warpath, pretty much all of them except for Lady Bullseye just because I'm not at all familiar with the character, I just know who she is.) But hopefully, and I really hope, that these action figures come out looking just like these protos. Hasbro fooled us once with their 2nd wave, they looked sick at comic con.

amen brother. I remember how awesome Jean Grey and Juggernaut looked. I still have the original pics. Jean looked exactly like the actress that played her and the movie and so did Juggernaut. Juggernaut's hair on his chest and arms looked real as hell. Then the figures that came out looked goddamn terrible. I still bought them to complete Blob but THAT is the only reason.

What is getting me confused is that while some pairings are obvious some don't make sense. For example in 2 packs Hasbro can release: Deadpool-Fantomex,Hulk- Bi beast, Havok-Phoenix, Vodoo-Hood,Hulk- Valkyrie,Wolvie-Warpath maybe Nuke-Terror Inc but what about Black Widow, Ms. Marvel, Constrictor, Lady Bullseye, Bagman who do you release those with???? It would've been nice to have a New Cap/Winter Soldier to go with Widow, Modern Iron Fist to go with Lady Bullseye, Sin to go with Constrictor.etc. All in all I'm pretty happy with most of the figures shown except Wolverine and Bagman(was this really neccesary) Deadpool I could care less about but I understand he's a fan favorite and a lot of people didn't get it the first time around me included. My top 3 are Black Widow, Havok and Constrictor with Moonstone Ms. Marvel, Phoenix, Lady Bullseye, Hood, Valkyrie and Bi beast second. Rejoice we got Marvel Legends it's better than nothing.

Thank you as well for staying positive about this! By the way check out the Marvel Select Bucky Cap. He's pretty awesome and close to scale.

Thanks bro, I already own the MS Bucky Cap it's awesome.

I couldn't care less about offending Hasbro. But I would gladly buy every single figure shown except Hulk and Bagman. I'm not going to pretend I don't want figures that I like just because somebody else doesn't like them.

Some people are going to want figures you don't want. We've already seen in this thread that some people don't want Ultron. Does that mean they shouldn't make him either?

Anyways, we got Deathlok, Vengeance and Maestro before Loki and Kingpin, so I don't see why we can't get Bi-Beast and Terror Inc.

I'm not saying people are wrong for wanting the obscure figures shown, but while you won't pretend you don't want figures I won't pretend that I do. I have zero interest in 6 of those 18 characters, so I won't be buying them if they come out. But I can almost guarantee you they won't come out anyway, because there's no chance in hell that Nuke is going to win over characters like Deadpool or Multiple Man or Black Widow, but in all honesty I think Hasbro knows that fact and that's part of the reason why we're seeing those characters in the selection: they were easy to put together yet obscure enough to seem like they are trying to cater to collectors.

Also, I understand that not everyone wants the same figures made, but that's not really the point I'm making. I'm not saying Hasbro has to make everyone happy, but it's absolutely baffling that they wouldn't include a single figure that many, many collectors have been asking for. And I'm not just speaking personally: take a look at top 10 polls all over the place. I guarantee you that you won't see Nuke, Fantomex, Lady Bullseye, or Terror Inc. on any of them.

Yet all the ones that do show up on the Top 10 polls showed up in MU. Strange, isn't it?

I'm not saying you should buy them or pretend to want them, I just don't see why making a character is bad just because you're not a fan of the character. One of the earliest MU figures made was Maverick, I character I've never cared about. But I wasn't mad that they made him over Beast or Nightcrawler. I just didn't buy him.

And, I dunno, I just think "no obscure characters" is a bad message to send. Personally, my two most-wanted characters are Baron Zemo Jr. and Songbird, so I obviously don't want Hasbro to ignore the obscure characters.

By your logic, we would have missed out on a lot of great figures...Man-Thing, Deathlok, Sasquatch, Maestro, Werewolf by Night and the other monsters, Beta Ray Bill, Ronan the Accuser, etc. Were those figures a slap in the face?

The problem with ML isn't truly the character selection, it is the respect given to us. How long have us, the fan base, been asking for the majority of characters like Jean Grey, Gladiator, Darkhawk, Terrax, etc? What do we get from the team? Mostly C & D class characters. What do they do to slap us in the face and promote the dirty MU line? Introduce characters we have been asking for years! Have you seen the figures shown? Classic Sunfire, Classic Ultron, Jean Grey Jim Lee Style, Classic Crimson Dynamo, Klaw, the Wrecking Crew? This is why you should be upset with Hasbro. They really seem to think they can just dump a bunch of C listers on us and we will just throw our hard earned cash at them cuz we are so wrapped up in this line and will take any figures they release, regardless of sculpt, paint app, or character. And once we do push back on them and #$#@# about it, what will they say? "Oh well the time for ML is over cuz no one supports it anymore". They have us in a catch 22, buy the crap they release or let the line die and lose what we all love.

Really it is a respect thing, not a character selection thing.

I'm not saying you should buy them or pretend to want them, I just don't see why making a character is bad just because you're not a fan of the character. One of the earliest MU figures made was Maverick, I character I've never cared about. But I wasn't mad that they made him over Beast or Nightcrawler. I just didn't buy him.

And, I dunno, I just think "no obscure characters" is a bad message to send. Personally, my two most-wanted characters are Baron Zemo Jr. and Songbird, so I obviously don't want Hasbro to ignore the obscure characters.

By your logic, we would have missed out on a lot of great figures...Man-Thing, Deathlok, Sasquatch, Maestro, Werewolf by Night and the other monsters, Beta Ray Bill, Ronan the Accuser, etc. Were those figures a slap in the face?

Where did I ever say anything to indicate ML should never have obscure characters?? I think obscure characters are great to throw in, and I count Man-Thing as one of my favourite ML's ever. I also think that if we were talking about a well-thriving Legends and this being simply a "next wave", they'd be fine character selections.

However, things have been rather grim for Legends this last year and Hasbro has lost a lot of customers in response, and that's a fact. This was their chance to get some of those customers back and also please the existing ML fan base with some much-asked-for character choices. However, instead of getting a couple of the figures we've asked for many times in ML, they put almost all of them in MU instead and gave us insanely obscure figures for ML.

So, not only did Hasbro pick some C and D listers to "relaunch" the line as Jesse was talking about so many months ago, they actually went and put all the other figures we've asked for in the sister line instead. That's the slap in the face.

Just read an update - listed on this very sites home page - that states the MLs shown at The Con are internal prototypes and some will be retooled for production. While I'm not sure that's the best advanced marketing Hasbro could have done, please understand that you may get some better looking figs that are more comic accurate on the pegs, ie The Hood with more accurate pants/shoes, etc.

The problem with ML isn't truly the character selection, it is the respect given to us. How long have us, the fan base, been asking for the majority of characters like Jean Grey, Gladiator, Darkhawk, Terrax, etc? What do we get from the team? Mostly C & D class characters. What do they do to slap us in the face and promote the dirty MU line? Introduce characters we have been asking for years! Have you seen the figures shown? Classic Sunfire, Classic Ultron, Jean Grey Jim Lee Style, Classic Crimson Dynamo, Klaw, the Wrecking Crew? This is why you should be upset with Hasbro. They really seem to think they can just dump a bunch of C listers on us and we will just throw our hard earned cash at them cuz we are so wrapped up in this line and will take any figures they release, regardless of sculpt, paint app, or character. And once we do push back on them and #$#@# about it, what will they say? "Oh well the time for ML is over cuz no one supports it anymore". They have us in a catch 22, buy the crap they release or let the line die and lose what we all love.

Really it is a respect thing, not a character selection thing.

you know whats sweet is that the MU will die too, and you know why because Hasbro is at the helm. so dont fret they will get slapped in the face to... with there own tits.

Im on board with marvel select so i can spend my hard earnd money on a quality product

the line up looks promising. the quality is ten times better than hasbro marvel figures and the price has stayed exactly the same for years. Strictly for collecters i dont mined paying 20 for a high quality figure. So im good, not mad, time to move on and be excited for selects.

IMG_9854.jpg

The "New" Galactus only is the Head and Face redisigned, the rest of the body is the copy of the original Toy Biz galactus , maybe the arms is more larger what the others and the boots is very big, but is the identical to original figure.

The variations are gradual and little satisfactory, without a doubt, the fact to remove it is for being able to increase the sale and demand of the articles of the line Marvel Universe, since this galactus is perfect for its proportions, of being as I imagine then is clear the opositition of Hasbro in pleasing its clients and not removing before on sale like but articles of the line of 6"

IMG_9854.jpg

The "New" Galactus only is the Head and Face redisigned, the rest of the body is the copy of the original Toy Biz galactus , maybe the arms is more larger what the others and the boots is very big, but is the identical to original figure.

Dude what are you talking about? THAT Galactus is twice as thick as the TB version. It may be taller but in no way is it a copy. Same design maybe, but the articulation is way off. The figure looks decent but he looks far too stocky in the legs

Just read an update - listed on this very sites home page - that states the MLs shown at The Con are internal prototypes and some will be retooled for production. While I'm not sure that's the best advanced marketing Hasbro could have done, please understand that you may get some better looking figs that are more comic accurate on the pegs, ie The Hood with more accurate pants/shoes, etc.

Hope so...and I so hope they use another base body, rather than the bullseye mold.

Now, an interesting question I´d like to ask to all of you guys. What could be the options to make the final two packs?? Let´s say the fan´s choice winners were Bi-Beast, Fantomex and Black Widow. Knowing Hasbro chooses themed two packs, well, I guess bi-beast would go with hulk, fantomex with wolverine (maybe i´m wrong with this set, but first time i saw that character was with wolvie) and Black Widow with ...ummm, deadpool,lady bullseye, don´t know.

What do you think possible two packs could be arranged with this 18 figs??

IMG_9854.jpg

Dude what are you talking about? THAT Galactus is twice as thick as the TB version. It may be taller but in no way is it a copy. Same design maybe, but the articulation is way off. The figure looks decent but he looks far too stocky in the legs

Legs are out of proportion. Looks way too short. BAF Galactus was FAR better. No way in hell is this the same mold - everything has been changed... and not for the better.

Did anyone see in the Hasbro panel where it said they will only continue to make Marvel Legends if these ones in this poll sell well? That kinda sucks! Because even if each of us buy them they will still over produce them & a bunch will be left sitting around. A Wal-Mart close to me has like 20 of the first wave a two packs (Ronin/elektra, Wolvie/Forge, Thing/Mr. F and Ult Cap/Fury) just sitting on a bottom shelf. Soooo i hope they don't produce the crap out of these.

Did anyone see in the Hasbro panel where it said they will only continue to make Marvel Legends if these ones in this poll sell well? That kinda sucks! Because even if each of us buy them they will still over produce them & a bunch will be left sitting around. A Wal-Mart close to me has like 20 of the first wave a two packs (Ronin/elektra, Wolvie/Forge, Thing/Mr. F and Ult Cap/Fury) just sitting on a bottom shelf. Soooo i hope they don't produce the crap out of these.

I just saw that too. This really sucks. They don't exactly give us what we want and expect the waves to sell out? Then at about $24 a pop because they'll be in two packs only? If it doesn't we won't get anymore period? It's like a catch 22. They don't check forums like these or custom sites to see what we're really interested in seeing produced. They could even take a fan poll at least every 3 or 4 months. But they don't really care about the line anyway. Even less what we think. I like these figs they are showing at SDCC and I'm going to tap dance for now. Only because I want to see more legends and I know Marvel f#@$ed up and gave them an extended license on their characters. Should have given it to Sota or Jakks. If I ever hit the lottery big time, I would damn sure start my own toy company and try for a license. Just save us all some grief.

IMG_9854.jpg

Legs are out of proportion. Looks way too short. BAF Galactus was FAR better. No way in hell is this the same mold - everything has been changed... and not for the better.

BAF galactus was FAR better how? if you mean by height, this fig is clearly bigger than the BAF. the legs are fine in comparison to his arms and chest, and his face sculpt is awesome. you guys need to stop with the hate.

Where did I ever say anything to indicate ML should never have obscure characters?? I think obscure characters are great to throw in, and I count Man-Thing as one of my favourite ML's ever. I also think that if we were talking about a well-thriving Legends and this being simply a "next wave", they'd be fine character selections.

However, things have been rather grim for Legends this last year and Hasbro has lost a lot of customers in response, and that's a fact. This was their chance to get some of those customers back and also please the existing ML fan base with some much-asked-for character choices. However, instead of getting a couple of the figures we've asked for many times in ML, they put almost all of them in MU instead and gave us insanely obscure figures for ML.

So, not only did Hasbro pick some C and D listers to "relaunch" the line as Jesse was talking about so many months ago, they actually went and put all the other figures we've asked for in the sister line instead. That's the slap in the face.

I think its as simple as this, hasbro didn't want to reveal 2 different lines with the exact same characters at the same time.

I once read something to the effect that, 6" figures are actually sculpted in 12" scale because its easier and then they are scanned and a mold is produced in the 6" scale. So using that logic the same must be true for MU,so if they have a larger model they can easily make a 6" mold down the line. So who knows, if all goes well we might see some of the MU releases in 6" down the line(I know,i know, some will say its wishful thinking). It wouldn't be a big leap , the hardest part is the sculpt and they already have that.

The best example of this is bagman, you guys remember the MU poll , bagman was one of the choices and now he pops up in 6". Coincidence,I think not!

I think its as simple as this, hasbro didn't want to reveal 2 different lines with the exact same characters at the same time.

I once read something to the effect that, 6" figures are actually sculpted in 12" scale because its easier and then they are scanned and a mold is produced in the 6" scale. So using that logic the same must be true for MU,so if they have a larger model they can easily make a 6" mold down the line. So who knows, if all goes well we might see some of the MU releases in 6" down the line(I know,i know, some will say its wishful thinking). It wouldn't be a big leap , the hardest part is the sculpt and they already have that.

The best example of this is bagman, you guys remember the MU poll , bagman was one of the choices and now he pops up in 6". Coincidence,I think not!

Except the articulation for the 6" and 3.75" figs are way different so that wouldn't work. Maybe for the faces.

IMG_9854.jpg

I can't believe people are complaining about this Galactus...ok, I can.

Still, that Gman is f'n awesome looking. I do think his legs are a little short, but only a little so it's pretty minor. The rest of his look is AMAZING! The head sculpt kicks the crap out of every BAF & CnC out there today.

Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man are being shelved. Why ?? Because the photos got inadvertently leaked !! And judging from the fan reaction, they got unexpected feedback from the public. Typical Hasbro, they didn't figure these two 6" figures would get so much attention and hoopla that it takes away from their main focal point of the other Marvel Universe figures. Accidentally displayed my a$$ !! Hey let's put them back in mothballs!! Heck these two even generated more talk than the 2010 2 pack Legends they are polling. Maybe it would cost them more for tooling . . . Obviously they don't know which figures are in most demand and cannot project demand for the production run. They just figured, duh .... it's just another one of those armoured figures that we can include with the Iron Man movie line. It won't sell as much as the other Mk III Iron Man figures that are peg warming in the stores.