SDCC: New Marvel Legends Pics!!

RealOne

hasbro knows exacly what we want. i dont call it coinsidence that the marvel universe gets nearly all of the figs that legends fans are claiming for years now. sorry but the reactions with the latest poll had been god and yet, we get none. silver samurai, fa storm, gambit, aurora, magneto. where are they? now dynamo and titanium are removed too? this is made on purpose. maybe i see to much in it but it sure as hell isnt a coinsidence that most turns into nothing.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMG_9854.jpg

The "New" Galactus only is the Head and Face redisigned, the rest of the body is the copy of the original Toy Biz galactus , maybe the arms is more larger what the others and the boots is very big, but is the identical to original figure.

Dude what are you talking about? THAT Galactus is twice as thick as the TB version. It may be taller but in no way is it a copy. Same design maybe, but the articulation is way off. The figure looks decent but he looks far too stocky in the legs

Legs are out of proportion. Looks way too short. BAF Galactus was FAR better. No way in hell is this the same mold - everything has been changed... and not for the better.

I can't believe people are complaining about this Galactus...ok, I can.

Still, that Gman is f'n awesome looking. I do think his legs are a little short, but only a little so it's pretty minor. The rest of his look is AMAZING! The head sculpt kicks the crap out of every BAF & CnC out there today.

Man... i don't like this Galactus and suddenly i 'hate' Hasbro? The whole thing looks too stocky. He looks like he could barely get out of his own way. Don't get me wrong (again) i'll probably end up buying the damn thing anyway, but i (personally) prefer the BAF over this one. I realize 19" is taller than 12" (or so), thanks for the math update :wink:, but i just think he looks too thick/stocky - especially in the upper-chest area. Probably because they stuck some sort of electronics in there.

IMG_9854.jpg

The "New" Galactus only is the Head and Face redisigned, the rest of the body is the copy of the original Toy Biz galactus , maybe the arms is more larger what the others and the boots is very big, but is the identical to original figure.

Dude what are you talking about? THAT Galactus is twice as thick as the TB version. It may be taller but in no way is it a copy. Same design maybe, but the articulation is way off. The figure looks decent but he looks far too stocky in the legs

Legs are out of proportion. Looks way too short. BAF Galactus was FAR better. No way in hell is this the same mold - everything has been changed... and not for the better.

Definitely not the same mold... looks like all the extra height is in his head though:)

IMG_9854.jpg

Still, that Gman is f'n awesome looking. I do think his legs are a little short, but only a little so it's pretty minor. The rest of his look is AMAZING! The head sculpt kicks the crap out of every BAF & CnC out there today.

Man... i don't like this Galactus and suddenly i 'hate' Hasbro? The whole thing looks too stocky. He looks like he could barely get out of his own way. Don't get me wrong (again) i'll probably end up buying the damn thing anyway, but i (personally) prefer the BAF over this one. I realize 19" is taller than 12" (or so), thanks for the math update :wink: , but i just think he looks too thick/stocky - especially in the upper-chest area. Probably because they stuck some sort of electronics in there.

Who said you hated Hasbro??

IMG_9854.jpg

Man... i don't like this Galactus and suddenly i 'hate' Hasbro? The whole thing looks too stocky. He looks like he could barely get out of his own way. Don't get me wrong (again) i'll probably end up buying the damn thing anyway, but i (personally) prefer the BAF over this one. I realize 19" is taller than 12" (or so), thanks for the math update :wink: , but i just think he looks too thick/stocky - especially in the upper-chest area. Probably because they stuck some sort of electronics in there.

right.

IMG_9854.jpg

right.

and I only said that to the very long arms and the very heavy boots.

This new design seems to me compact much more in a matter of the proportions, furthermore, of which he is much more robust and at least, in this model of exhibition, the face details are much more realistic and its expression shines but human, even so I compare if it with the original version of ToyBiz (1000% Better) this model I do not like, very long arms, very short perhaps legs and a less sophisticated and elegant armor than the original one, can draw our attention now, but this it is the model made direct by the artist, not the model in series.

Hopefully that is not happened to them to make a new model of sentinel

410UPGhbI1L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

SentinelBAF02.jpg

shs_sent1.jpg

EVOLUTION?

Bah... for some reason Pooda's comment didn't quote in there: "BAF galactus was FAR better how? if you mean by height, this fig is clearly bigger than the BAF. the legs are fine in comparison to his arms and chest, and his face sculpt is awesome. you guys need to stop with the hate."

i wasnt talking about hasbro, i was talking about the fig in general. its your right to feel how you want.

Here's my predictions as to themes:

If Wolverine wins, obviously Warpath is the match. (and vice versa)

With the Messiah War crossover, if Deadppol wins, he will probably come with Wolverine (though I'd rather take Warpath).

If Bi-Beast or Hulk won, I'd be a little suprised if they came in one 2 pack, because they're both so huge, even though it would make sense.

Lady Bullseye, Black Widow, and Ms. Marvel would probably come with some random male character (TWO females in one pack? It would be awesome, but I doubt it will ever happen)

Valkyrie would most likely come with Hulk.

Terror, Inc. and Nuke will definitely come together, because they're obscure as hell.

Fantomex will come with Wolverine or Deadpool.

Havok will come with Multiple Man for sure.

And I'm just hoping Bagman comes nowhere near winning.

Here's a question, though. Say two of the figures the fans choose go well together. Is it possible Hasbro might make them one 2 pack and make a completely different 2 pack of just Hasbro pics?

I'm definitely voting for Ms. Marvel, Multiple Man, and Lady Bullseye( though I'd still kill for Phoenix, Black Widow, and Valkyrie... but those are the only ones I'm interested in.)

Sigh... I can see from these posts that I'm not going to get any of the figures I want... No one seems at all interested in Ms. Marvel, Multiple Man, and Lady Bullseye. It's not hard to see that Deadpool, Wolverine, and probably Hulk will be made no matter what we vote for. I just really, REALLY want that Ms. Marvel.

Bagman just flat out pisses me off.

And Deadpool is a Union Jack with a new headsculpt... I JUST made that custom.

Great figures but I still feel letdown and pessimistic. I wish I didn't.

I realize that Deadpool is Union Jack with a new head scuplt but it works. Not all of us can create nice looking customs. As soon as I got Union Jack I knew he would be great as Deadpool but I lack the skills to do it so I'm very excited to see the new Legends figure!

The problem with ML isn't truly the character selection, it is the respect given to us. How long have us, the fan base, been asking for the majority of characters like Jean Grey, Gladiator, Darkhawk, Terrax, etc? What do we get from the team? Mostly C & D class characters. What do they do to slap us in the face and promote the dirty MU line? Introduce characters we have been asking for years! Have you seen the figures shown? Classic Sunfire, Classic Ultron, Jean Grey Jim Lee Style, Classic Crimson Dynamo, Klaw, the Wrecking Crew? This is why you should be upset with Hasbro. They really seem to think they can just dump a bunch of C listers on us and we will just throw our hard earned cash at them cuz we are so wrapped up in this line and will take any figures they release, regardless of sculpt, paint app, or character. And once we do push back on them and #$#@# about it, what will they say? "Oh well the time for ML is over cuz no one supports it anymore". They have us in a catch 22, buy the crap they release or let the line die and lose what we all love.

Really it is a respect thing, not a character selection thing.

I argee with you! Hasbro is trying to pull everyone over to the MU line by creating the characters that we've called for. But all those switching over are hurting the cause. Hasbro wants you to spend more money by buying new figure after new figure in the new scale. Stop boycott the MU line and let it linger as peg warmers. Then Hasbro will see that we want the Legends line to continue and add to our existing collections not start over.

hasbro just put all those up for show, we'll never see them till next year or two years from now.

Umm, did you read the news with the pics? Hasbro stated that these figures were for 2010, which is next year.

I think he was making a joke in relation to Hasbro repeatedly failing to meet their promised release dates with Marvel Legends.

Sigh... I can see from these posts that I'm not going to get any of the figures I want... No one seems at all interested in Ms. Marvel, Multiple Man, and Lady Bullseye. It's not hard to see that Deadpool, Wolverine, and probably Hulk will be made no matter what we vote for. I just really, REALLY want that Ms. Marvel.

Bagman just flat out pisses me off.

And Deadpool is a Union Jack with a new headsculpt... I JUST made that custom.

Great figures but I still feel letdown and pessimistic. I wish I didn't.

I realize that Deadpool is Union Jack with a new head scuplt but it works. Not all of us can create nice looking customs. As soon as I got Union Jack I knew he would be great as Deadpool but I lack the skills to do it so I'm very excited to see the new Legends figure!

He'd make a really good Bullseye too. I wish I could at least paint.

IMG_9854.jpg

right.

Is there going to be added articulation. It would be ridiculous to have a figure that is actually bigger than the MLBAF and have the same sh1tty MU articulation

IMG_9854.jpg

right.

Is there going to be added articulation. It would be ridiculous to have a figure that is actually bigger than the MLBAF and have the same sh1tty MU articulation

Heh, are you looking for Galactus to be doing spidey like flips?

IMG_9854.jpg

right.

right. galactus doesnt do much. it would be nice if they made one that could sit.

IMG_9854.jpg

right.

right. galactus doesnt do much. it would be nice if they made one that could sit.

Why the hell would you want to pose your Galactus on the toilet......what, oh you said SIT. Nevermind.

The new GALACTUS might be 4" taller than the previous BAF but he's got his proportions all wrong. His leg to arm length ratio length is less than 1:1, his shoulders are wider than his lower extremities' length. He barely has an abdomen or did he pull his pants all the way up over his stomach? He looks like an intergalactic DWARF. MINI ME in space armor. And his HUGE headgear is so over the top it puts the POPE's headdress to shame !! It looks 2 stories tall. Hasbro gotta get their sculptors or designers to check getting proper anatomical proportions to match their toy figures. Do they wear glasses? At least the first Galactus looks normal aesthetically. Saving on plastic does not make this thing look RIGHT.

The new one, might, I repeat just might, also be an internal prototype just as Hasbro said the 19 new MLs were. So keep in mind there may be changes made before production. Having said that, I think he looks good. He is much broader a figure than the ML BAF - that one, while a beloved fig of mine, is very narrow and skinny for such a large 'galactic being'. It's a pity though he already looks like he will have no where near the articulation of the BAF. I know, there may be changes before production, but Hasbro is not known for ToyBiz style articulation with this line:(