I Like 6"!

robbie

H A S B R O Marvel marketing strategy:

Marvel Universe - Offer "A" list characters and offer full support and resources. Flood market with this line.

Marvel Legends - Show 18 obscure, less known, not in demand characters with rehashed body parts and repaints and offer fan polling to produce 3 + 3 characters in limited release 2 packs in 2010. Also, kill Titanium Man and Crimson Dynamo prototypes because it generates too much fan interest. These reduce tooling costs and paying high sculptors costs.

guys, you just dont get it. HML 1, 2, & 3 warmed pegs for what seed like forever! the only 6" sucsess that hasbro's had was transformers, and ironman. hasbro's just not going to go through that ML peg warming crap again. they seem to only be offering what they know that they can sell.

And the last three HMLs sold like hot cakes. Rulk sat for a bit, but you can't find any of them anymore.

I think the 6" SM figs sell pretty well.

I can still get almost every single MU or WXO fig.

not true. most of the ares wave warmed pegs once they hit in full, and the nemesis wave hasnt hit here.(except cali) the foom wave warmed pegs with the exception of she-hulk. and just because you dont see figs anymore doesnt mean that they were sold, they just get shipped somewhere else like tj maxx and aj wright, who have had a crap load of EVERY hml series since the brood.(minus the rarer ones) even some of the sdcc 08 sets have shown up there.

Well, then my neck of the woods must have more collectors. The best I could find at a tj maxx were the wave 1.5 2packs. The peg warmers were few and far between.

guys, you just dont get it. HML 1, 2, & 3 warmed pegs for what seed like forever! the only 6" sucsess that hasbro's had was transformers, and ironman. hasbro's just not going to go through that ML peg warming crap again. they seem to only be offering what they know that they can sell.

And the last three HMLs sold like hot cakes. Rulk sat for a bit, but you can't find any of them anymore.

I think the 6" SM figs sell pretty well.

I can still get almost every single MU or WXO fig.

not true. most of the ares wave warmed pegs once they hit in full, and the nemesis wave hasnt hit here.(except cali) the foom wave warmed pegs with the exception of she-hulk. and just because you dont see figs anymore doesnt mean that they were sold, they just get shipped somewhere else like tj maxx and aj wright, who have had a crap load of EVERY hml series since the brood.(minus the rarer ones) even some of the sdcc 08 sets have shown up there.

Well, then my neck of the woods must have more collectors. The best I could find at a tj maxx were the wave 1.5 2packs. The peg warmers were few and far between.

naaa. even a bunch of people on the fwoosh wre still picking up extra sets of foom, and leftovers of the rulk/ares wave fo about 7.00 a fig.

Hasbro....I am disappoint.

So you're offering 2-Packs that we select but how much will they be? $20.00 or $25.00

I'm sure they'll have jacked up prices like the G.I.Joe movie line. $17.00 for a small vehicle with figure? No thanks.

Before Hasbro took over ML I would hunt and hunt for them. The thrill of the hunt. What great memories of finding all of Series 5 on my lunch break, finding the variants of Abomination, Loki, Astonishing X-Men Wolverine and (oddly) 1st App Iron Man!

Now I can walk into Target, Walmart, whatever and find any MU I want and I just don't care. These new 6" are a cop out.

Just remember that Hasbro is, primarily, a 3.5" figure manufacturer. As far as 6" goes they had no clue and it showed.

Talk about not having a clue. When the first Marvel movie during Hasbro's helm came out (SM3), everyone expected 6" figures and they flooded the market with unwanted 5" action figures. This did not go well. X3 came along and guess what, they mixed X3 movie figures with the regular ML line. Not a good idea at all. Then came FF2 and back to 5" figures they went. This is not looking too good either. Iron Man movie was next . . . well they made 6" alright but lookit here 6" scale doesn't mean 6" skinny Iron Man, it should be more of 6 1/2 " beefed up Iron Man like FFML Dr. Doom.

IRON MAN 2 Movie due out in 2010, talk about the right time to capitalize and do comic based figures. Historically, movie figures do well at the height of the movie release, but after that it pans out after film has run its course. What really sells are the classic comic based characters related to the movie icon. This could jumpstart the whole 6" line. We need a much beefier Iron Man inside that armor. Who wouldn't want a classic 8" Titanium Man or a 6.5" Crimson Dynamo?? Case in point Spider-Man classics line. They sell well even without the SM movies (granted if the sculpts are nicely made). It boggles the mind that the figures being planned are the tiny 4 inchers when they could make a killing with the bigger versions and amaze us with killer sculpts of these two characters. They never LEARN from their mistakes. The HULK Movie figures could have sold better with 8" Hulk offerings and 10" Abomination figures (albeit made as Deluxe versions). I mean they could make a 10" Megatron or Optimus Prime from the Transformers and can make these highly detailed whereas the puny Iron Monger from the first movie we got was just undersized (he could have been into an impressive 8 inch behemoth) and Iron Man Mk III was as skinny as Daredevil when standing next to Cap. He needed to be beefier and make us believe there is a full sized man inside that armour (like the Dr. Doom figure was). Hasbro needs to think BIG not small, Who needs these tiny movie figures ??? At least make a 6.5 inch scale Deluxe version. Not many can afford those expensive Hot Toys Iron Men or Kotobukiya figures.

I was surprised by Hasbro's comment that they had no line to place Titanium Man and Crimson Dynamo to get them released. I suppose that means we have seen the last of 6 inch Iron Man. Why not include them in Spider-Man classics? He's fought both. We not give us 4 2-packs in 2010? Why not do another wave of Iron Man? There are plenty of Iron Man variant armors they could do, not to mention other villains like Whirlwind and Blizzard.

Keep 6 inch Iron Man alive, Hasbro! We will buy new figures!

Why not put Crimson Dynamo & Titanium Man up for vote and put them in a 2 pack? Who the hell wouldn't vote/buy that one?

Because they are IM movie figs; not MLs.

So what's your point?? Suddenly Iron Man figures don't have place in a ML wave? I know these were "leaked" as part of an Iron Man figure line up but that doesn't mean they can't be put in a ML line up now that they're trapped in action figure limbo.