Who should be packeged with new marvel Legends

MikeC123

It looks like constricter might win a spot, and I would like to see him packged with Stryfe,

but more than likely hulk because he fought him first. Hulk was also one of the picks to vote on, you know hasbro they already made him. It should be foes not teams like the first two waves. Hulk wth the current Abmination would be cool.

you do realise that hasbro 3 more sculpts from that 19 figure to package with the ones we pick

Huh? Is that a complete sentence? IF you are saying that the three Hasbro will pick for the 2 packs are 'not' any of the 19 we have to choose from(IE, they will create three more we don't have the opportunity to choose from, meaning there will be 22 figures by the time this is all done) well, I'd like to know how you think that is the case. Seems everyone else has assumed/Hasbro has implied they will come from the 19 that we have to choose from.

And what if we are assuming the 2 packs will be themed? What if Hasbro just wants to move product - more likely - and therefore puts in Marvel's most popular characters as their choices, characters they know will sell? Like Hulk, Wolverine, or Deadpool? Or, what if Hasbro has already determined the three they will be putting in? We did get advanced pics of three figs a few weeks ago - Lady Bullseye, Multiple Man and Warpath. All things to consider.

Hopefully Warpath doesn't win but he'll come with Wolverine. All the other aren't that obvious.

Agreed. Any figure that gets voted on by the fans will most certianly come packaged with a simple repaint and with all of Wolverines alternate costumes, the supply will be limitless. We'll basically be paying $25.00 for one new figure. One thing for sure is that we'll never see the McGuinness Hulk unless it gets voted for. That's way to much plastic for Hasbro to surrender unless they absolutely have to.

Plus, who's to say the voting will be legit? It's not like they use an independant firm to take the votes. Hasbro can just announce the winner to be whichever figs they want them to be. That's what happened with the AOA Sunfire. I don't know one damn person who voted for that thing, but I think the reason it was done was that it was simpler for them to do. It looked awesome, but it took less paint and only the simple application of some exterior parts.

What really sucks is they announced that the winning figures would be retooled after they opened the voting lines. Knowing that now makes me want to cancel one of my votes and vote for Warpath.

wait so are we getting 3 packs (made up of the 3 they chose and the 3 we chose, paired together) or 6 packs (where each one chosen comes with a compliment figure)?

i dont think hasbro has clarified, so it sounds like people are getting ahead of themselves

actually nevermind i think were only getting 3 packs, here the hasbro release:

There's a new wave of Marvel Legends 2 Packs on the way in 2010 and you help to decide who's in them. The basics are simple - six total characters, you pick three and we pick three. Sound like fun? Voting for this all new Fan's Choice will start on July 22nd when we reveal all of the possible choices at San Diego Comic Con. Some of them you might expect to see, some of them might take you by surprise, but you can bet your Sweet Aunt Petunia that they all could make a great addition to your Marvel Legends collection! We've sent along three images to give you a small taste of what's in store. Enjoy!

so i think we'll only get 6 new characters, and not 6 packs, where each chosen figure get a compliment one. it looks like they'll just pair up whoever, whether they go together or not.

wait so are we getting 3 packs (made up of the 3 they chose and the 3 we chose, paired together) or 6 packs (where each one chosen comes with a compliment figure)?

i dont think hasbro has clarified, so it sounds like people are getting ahead of themselves

There's a new wave of Marvel Legends 2 Packs on the way in 2010 and you help to decide who's in them. The basics are simple - six total characters, you pick three and we pick three. Sound like fun? Voting for this all new Fan's Choice will start on July 22nd when we reveal all of the possible choices at San Diego Comic Con. Some of them you might expect to see, some of them might take you by surprise, but you can bet your Sweet Aunt Petunia that they all could make a great addition to your Marvel Legends collection! We've sent along three images to give you a small taste of what's in store. Enjoy!

so i think we'll only get 6 new characters, and not 6 packs, where each chosen figure get a compliment one. it looks like they'll just pair up whoever, whether they go together or not.

Er...3 packs? Re-read the first sentence buddy. "There's a new wave of Marvel Legends 2 packs..."

Hopefully Warpath doesn't win but he'll come with Wolverine. All the other aren't that obvious.

One thing for sure is that we'll never see the McGuinness Hulk unless it gets voted for. That's way to much plastic for Hasbro to surrender unless they absolutely have to.

Plus, who's to say the voting will be legit? It's not like they use an independant firm to take the votes. Hasbro can just announce the winner to be whichever figs they want them to be. That's what happened with the AOA Sunfire. I don't know one damn person who voted for that thing, but I think the reason it was done was that it was simpler for them to do. It looked awesome, but it took less paint and only the simple application of some exterior parts.

What really sucks is they announced that the winning figures would be retooled after they opened the voting lines. Knowing that now makes me want to cancel one of my votes and vote for Warpath.

This should be the opinion of a paranoid but unfortunetly this is Hasbro we are talking about so you are probably 100% correct, lol.

we are getting THREE 2-packs (six figures).

there are 18 prototypes to choose from.

We are voting for THREE of the figures that will be included in the 2-packs.

Hasbro will choose THREE figures of their own to include in the 2-packs.

The 3 figures that we choose, and the 3 figures that Hasbro chooses will combine to make THREE 2-packs.

Hasbro will most likely choose stinky bag-head spidey (since they keep trying to push him on us, he was in the MU vote also, and I heard one of the design team say he expected and wanted bag-head spidey to win the MU vote).

for the other two, I expect them to choose figures that can be made by repainting existing ML figures without much new tooling.

If Madrox wins, they should do a slightly different variant of him in each of the 3 2-packs. Then i'd get at least one of each pack :)

In all reality each will have either a hulk, Wolverine or Spider-Man in it. I'm joining the consensus that Hasbro doesn't want this line to succeed. They don't want us to have the legends figures we really want.

If they really had hopes that a 'last effort to push legends' would work, or if they really wanted to respect the collectors, they would have done a big 'end of all waves' with characters that everyone had been clamouring for, so that even if legends stopped being made, it would go out with a bang and collectors would get some of the figures they had really wanted (i.e. The figures that are going to be released in MU)

Theyve proved with the MU line that they know EXACTLY what figures people want. Theyve also proved with the legends lineup that if you want said figures you have to start collecting MU instead. Legends is dead...

(but hopefully il get a Madrox figure out of it.)

Er...3 packs? Re-read the first sentence buddy. "There's a new wave of Marvel Legends 2 packs..."

Hahahahahahaha. Do you really think he thinks they were releasing 3-pack sets (i.e. 3 figures in a box)? Hahahahaha. You REALLY misread his post then. He's saying he didn't understand if they were releasing 3 2 packs or 6 2 packs, but then he figured it out.

i dont know about you, but everyone else seemed to get what i meant. but i'll put it easier for you. we are getting only three 2 packs, not six 2 packs. by packs i meant theirs 2 figures per pack. did i say it well enough?

If Madrox wins, they should do a slightly different variant of him in each of the 3 2-packs. Then i'd get at least one of each pack :)

In all reality each will have either a hulk, Wolverine or Spider-Man in it. I'm joining the consensus that Hasbro doesn't want this line to succeed. They don't want us to have the legends figures we really want.

If they really had hopes that a 'last effort to push legends' would work, or if they really wanted to respect the collectors, they would have done a big 'end of all waves' with characters that everyone had been clamouring for, so that even if legends stopped being made, it would go out with a bang and collectors would get some of the figures they had really wanted (i.e. The figures that are going to be released in MU)

Theyve proved with the MU line that they know EXACTLY what figures people want. Theyve also proved with the legends lineup that if you want said figures you have to start collecting MU instead. Legends is dead...

You would think MM would be a slam dunk for Hasbro. Like you said they could pack slighly different variants in each pack, but Hasbro's not had much luck using gimmicks to try to "force" us to buy multiples (no pun) of the same product. I think the best bet would be for them to provide at least 4 different heads in a standard pack. That way they know they will sell at least one to everyone who wants one, but there will most likely be quite a few of us who will be buying several to build an army. I personally want at least a dozen. 2 Packs of MM would be awesome as well, but probably not likely.

They need to package Crimson Dynamo or Titanium Man into any one of those 2 packs PRONTO!! No voting required for these two major Iron Man players. Now that they have let the genie out of the bag, they can't hide them no longer . . . Not now or ever.

Yeah that would be Awsome, but by you saying this Hasbro is going to make them for the Marvel Universe just to get a laugh. By the way did any one notice the cheap azz voting page? Think about it? do they really give a shyt about Legends? why were 2 or 3 of the figures to pick from have the wrong names under the pics? no instant results to see who is winning? come on.

Agreed. They are totally using this latest ploy to coax the ML loyals into switching to MU. They show us this very limited selection of ML and then tell us we're only gonna get six of them when all is said and done, then they wave this giant assortment of MU in our face as to say, "Come on over here guys, we got Jim Lee's Jean Gray, Modern Luke Cage, Winter Soldier Cap, all they figs you've been demanding from ML."

I hope Hasbro gets what's coming to em. They could fall flat on their face with MU and default on the terms of the contract with Marvel and lose the license to someone like Mattel. Only in a perfect world.

Agreed. They are totally using this latest ploy to coax the ML loyals into switching to MU. They show us this very limited selection of ML and then tell us we're only gonna get six of them when all is said and done, then they wave this giant assortment of MU in our face as to say, "Come on over here guys, we got Jim Lee's Jean Gray, Modern Luke Cage, Winter Soldier Cap, all they figs you've been demanding from ML."

I hope Hasbro gets what's coming to em. They could fall flat on their face with MU and default on the terms of the contract with Marvel and lose the license to someone like Mattel. Only in a perfect world.

They even have the entire Wrecking Crew (confirmed Piledriver. Thunderball and Bulldozer, Wrecker to follow) to add insult to injury. I will omit these since I only really love X-Men characters done right (no, I didn't get that Gambit either, his face looked hideous). See I only buy 3 3/4 when the sculpt matches my expectations and all I have is the Black Panther (but I would rather have the ball hip joints in W XO. I also have Deadpool (uncanny likeness) and TS Wolverine. But that is as far as I go. Everything elso looks wonky (bug eyed Surfer, short and stubby Daredevil) or anorexic (Iron Man) or out of scale (tall a$$ Johnny Storm/Iron Fist/Hand Ninja). And the lack of detail suffers from the small scale to justify the price.

I rather would like McFarlane Toys to get the contract and give that Halo articulation to the Iron Man characters. And they know how to incorporate all the details. They know how to sculpt, paint and articulate ! See how that all rhymes ?

I think Mulitple Man is a definite whether we pick him or not. The Hasbro rep at SDCC acknowledged the fan request to include another army builder with him, however there isn't another army builder in the figures to choose from, unless it's another Maddrox, which would be totally cool. If there were two version of Multiple Man in a 2-pack, I'd buy three or four.

It's possible though that won't include an army builder with him. Look at Iron Man and the female SHIELD agent. How many Iron Mans am I going to get stuck with because of that? I love that they used the Skrull with the Kree, since both are army builders.

Included in the two pack with Mutiple Man, assuming he wins, I'd like etiher a variant Multiple Man, an AIM or a Hellfire Club soldier. The only catch with Hellfire is that I would then like the Hellfire officers.

A hint of what could Hasbro could pack with our choices would be figures that could EASILY be repainted as variants. I guess we have something there in case Hasbro goes the variant route.

In that case, which figure from the 18 showed could be repainted as variants (chaste ninja) or could use a slight retool, like a headswap (dum dum dugan, skrullektra)?