FOUND - NEMESIS WAVE

monron999

OK, so I'm never one of the first people to find ML waves so I'm pretty geeked about this.

Like most of us here, the minute I heard the Nemesis wave was going to be hitting the Walmarts any time now I started checking every WM within reasonable distance in my area with no luck. My greatest fear being that I would miss them altogether as I've done in the past.

Today, my job required that I attend a contractor's meeting in a little podunk town called Los Lunas about 50 miles South of Albuquerque, NM. It was not going to be a picnic but I knew there was a Walmart in the area that caters to that town and all surrounding small towns that I rarely get to. Even though it's very busy I have stumbled apon some treasure troves at that store in the past and find that the toy section is never quite as picked over as they are in the larger metro area where I live.

Long story short, I stumble onto the stockers just as they were freshly putting out three full sets of the wave. Yes, that means all the figures were put out in equal quantities, including both DD and Puns. There were no short packed figs at all. Something about that seems suspicious, like that was on Hasbros agenda the whole time.

So, for all you who gave me sh1t in the past for admitting to buying more than one set (or actually being one of the few who will actually own up to it on this forum), I'm happy to say I fought my instinct to buy up a second set and decided to leave two for the next guy, who will probably end up buying them both for himself anyway.

This is going to be a hot seller, this will guage whether Hasbro will ever bring back the complete wave format again.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know how the Wal-mart inventory system works? If each figure has its own UPC and description and their little telzon gun says 36 ordered for each different UPC, does that mean they are getting 36 of each figure or 36 all together?

They are all cross referrenced. Say the upc for tygra is 833335555338. Also assume they come 12 figs to a case. They can order 36 of that upc, but they will basically get 3 cases of marvel legends. No guarantee they will be from the nemesis wave, but its most likely. Also, orders are not placed by people inside the store, because these are not on any modular in wal mart. They were bought in bulk by wal mart and it will be up to the powers that be with wal mart to decide how much each distribution center gets, and then they will ship it to the stores. The system will also not be automatically replacing them as it does with merchandise that is on modular. If they sell out before you get to them, just hope and pray there will be another round.

Does anyone know how the Wal-mart inventory system works? If each figure has its own UPC and description and their little telzon gun says 36 ordered for each different UPC, does that mean they are getting 36 of each figure or 36 all together?

I think the UPC code you found was the product code which basically just says they are ML. That code is later turned into an item code which is created when the manifest of each case is scanned into inventory. That will tell the stores computer how many of each item are in the case and what it's specific number is. Normally I would say the number of 36 would have been the product code that they use to reserve space on the shelf meaning that there would be only a total of 36 figures altogether, but from some of the reports that are coming out they may be item codes which means they may be getting 36 of each figure.

An item worth noting though is that they've taken the way of Mattel somewhat and actually packed one figure from the Ares wave in each case to use as filler I suppose. The ones I saw were IM Reborn and Ultimate WM with removable mask and Kang (I think).

Happy hunting. These may not turn out to be as hard to find as we originally though. I'm just glad I got mine early. The pressure's off. Any others I run into from now on are just gravy.

So I have some inside information from some friends that work at Walmart. They don't specifically work in the toy dept. but they have a basic understanding how the system works.

As I suspected, the answer to the question to what the number 36 means; It is the amount of total figures each store will be receiving (at least in this area). If I'd thought about it before, the numbers work out correctly; 4 sets of 8 figures and 1 Ares Wave figures per set is a grand total of 36.

So basically each store will receive 4 complete sets and there has be no information as far as restocks or re-orders, so it may be quite possible that we may only get one chance at these things.

I'll update you if I hear anything else.

I found them today in the Hagerstown MD Walmart. There was only one complete set left as someone bought only 3 tigras, Blackbolts, and Nova's. They left all the other figures. Luckly one of each of thouse figures had bent cards so they left them and since I am not a MOC collector, I got a full set. WOOHOOO. Well just so everyone on the east coast knows there hear. Most Wal-Marts around MD are getting 48 figures or four cases. All the cases at this Wal-Mart had One of each for Iron-Man, War Machine, and Spider-Man. So there was only 4 sets. Why the hell did they pack these figures in :hulk:

found in central texas -- specifically austin --- this is the exact case pack as bbts shipped

(mr dizzle - the wal mart at 183 and i35 - ill bet the slaughter and parmer lane ones have them too -- and the ben white)

1x black punisher

2x camo punisher

1x tigra

1x beast

1x nova

1x black bolt

1x yellow daredevil

1x red daredevil

1x scarlet spider

1x war machine

1x iron man heroes reborn

12 figures --- my store had 3 cases - 36 figures

the war machine is a repainted ultimate iron man from series one -- they glued the helmet on -- head underneath is tony stark cast in african american skin color

it makes me furious to hear that someone bought all 3 tigras black bolts and novas from the post 2 above --- obviously a scalper as the head piece t nemesis is in the tigra and these are only 1 to a case --- that really stinks!

i never thought id really see it happen i got my set and left the rest -- i too do not understand why the 3 figs fr ares in this case -- they should have doubled up on the figs packed 1 to a case and they could have had 2 complete sets per case (of course no doubles on the variants but you could at least get a set to build nemesis)

love the nemesis holocaust BAF --- anyways, let's snatch em up and show this company we want more!

Checked again today here in Nashville, TN and nothing again. Seriously though; what is up with putting the 3 worst Ares figures in with these! No one wanted them then! No one wants them now! Heck I got Ult. War Machine and Human Torch after Christmas for $2 each @ Wal-Mart! They should have re-packed Crossbones, Vision and Guardian! People would actually want those! Anyways I will continue to look. I predict it will be at least 2 weeks til I see them. This is day #2.