FOUND - NEMESIS WAVE

monron999

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

found in central texas -- specifically austin --- this is the exact case pack as bbts shipped

(mr dizzle - the wal mart at 183 and i35 - ill bet the slaughter and parmer lane ones have them too -- and the ben white)

1x black punisher

2x camo punisher

1x tigra

1x beast

1x nova

1x black bolt

1x yellow daredevil

1x red daredevil

1x scarlet spider

1x war machine

1x iron man heroes reborn

12 figures --- my store had 3 cases - 36 figures

the war machine is a repainted ultimate iron man from series one -- they glued the helmet on -- head underneath is tony stark cast in african american skin color

it makes me furious to hear that someone bought all 3 tigras black bolts and novas from the post 2 above --- obviously a scalper as the head piece t nemesis is in the tigra and these are only 1 to a case --- that really stinks!

i never thought id really see it happen i got my set and left the rest -- i too do not understand why the 3 figs fr ares in this case -- they should have doubled up on the figs packed 1 to a case and they could have had 2 complete sets per case (of course no doubles on the variants but you could at least get a set to build nemesis)

love the nemesis holocaust BAF --- anyways, let's snatch em up and show this company we want more!

Woo hoo! the hunt is on!

If anyone in the Midwest finds them, please post here. Especially Chicago area... that will mean they will be hitting me soon in Brew-town.

I found the nemesis wave in high point north carolina,I know it's not midwest but hopefully it'll keep you from those jackels on ebay if you wait a little longer

Gracias

I've called 5 wal-marts this morning alone and got the standard "we don't have a shelf for them so I don't think we're getting them"

"can you check the computer?"

"sir, our manager has told us that we don't have them, if we don't have them we just don't have them. we don't have those in stock, we don't stock those"

"well, I have purchased them at your wal-mart location before..."

"well sir we do make changes in inventory. we won't be getting them"

Well I just completed my Nemesis/Holocaust BAF today. It's my Zaaax stand in. It's funny that my Walmart had some Ares and Nemesis waves they never carry legends at all. My Punisher, DD, Nova, and Tigra I really don't want. PM me if you want to trade. It's sad it took a whole year and a half to get the wave across most of the country.

Did someone say that the Ultimate War Machine that is coming out with these figures now has a removable helmet?

That was me, but I was mistaken. I know I saw a WM but as excited as I was to find Nemesis wave I just filed past it cause it sucked the first time they released it and I really didn't give a sh!t about it this time either. It wasn't until later that I realized if I had seen what I thought I saw, it would have been as big a find as the Nemesis Wave.

I later found the wave at a Walmart closer to home and realized that I probably just caught a quick glimpse of the Ares BAF head that comes packaged with WM and mistook it for the mask. For some reason, in my head, I thought I remembered WM having a maskless variant. I also thought I saw a Kang, but it turns out that it must have been Scarlet Spider. Sorry for the confusion.

So what's the story on Blackbolt since some of you guys have the wave now? Is his costume black or blue? I thought originally there was going to be two, with one being the variant figure.

And regarding the UPCS codes for the figs posted here, I'm sorry, does that help locate them online at the walmart web site at all? Or is that just to give a clerk over the phone or in person when they look them up in their computer for you? Thanks.

Did someone say that the Ultimate War Machine that is coming out with these figures now has a removable helmet?

That was me, but I was mistaken. I know I saw a WM but as excited as I was to find Nemesis wave I just filed past it cause it sucked the first time they released it and I really didn't give a sh!t about it this time either. It wasn't until later that I realized if I had seen what I thought I saw, it would have been as big a find as the Nemesis Wave.

I later found the wave at a Walmart closer to home and realized that I probably just caught a quick glimpse of the Ares BAF head that comes packaged with WM and mistook it for the mask. For some reason, in my head, I thought I remembered WM having a maskless variant. I also thought I saw a Kang, but it turns out that it must have been Scarlet Spider. Sorry for the confusion.

True. It's not a variant, the helmet is removable. I noticed the same thing when I got mine first time around. A little heat from the hair dryer and it comes right off to reveal an unpainted afro american version of the Tony Stark head that was used with the Ultimate Iron Man. Same figure. I painted the eyes and took a sharpie to the hair. It doesn't damage the figure at all and youcan take it on and off just like Iron Man's.

So what's the story on Blackbolt since some of you guys have the wave now? Is his costume black or blue? I thought originally there was going to be two, with one being the variant figure.

And regarding the UPCS codes for the figs posted here, I'm sorry, does that help locate them online at the walmart web site at all? Or is that just to give a clerk over the phone or in person when they look them up in their computer for you? Thanks.

The one I have his costume is Black.

The one I have his costume is Black.

I've never seen him in any other costume but black, and at this point I've seen several.

I do have another story about a great find for me today. I went to the Walmart closest to me, searched the isles but found only IM Reborn and Ultimate WM, clear signs the Nemesis wave had been there. I was just about to abandon the search and decided to take a detour through the toddler toys and lo and behold, tucked at the end of the isle, crammed into one of the hanging shelves usually reserved for cheap crap toys were two complete sets (minus red DD).

As I flipped through them I came across what I initially thought was the camo Punisher and had to pause cuz it seemed a little odd. It was a freakin Crossbones, no BS. This time it is no false alarm because I bought the damn thing. It's the real deal.

By my logic this can mean 1 of 3 things: 1. Someone came across a CB that an employee had tucked away back then and it's just got put on the shelf. 2. There is going to be another distribution (or two) of the Nemesis wave that will include Ares figs to finish the set. 3. Maybe the regions who have not received the Nemisis wave yet are going to get lucky and get a different assortment of Ares figs than us early bloomers did. Then again, it could have just been a random oddball figure that was sitting in the Hasbro warehouse that they just decide to throw into a case.

This being the case, I'm thinking it could have been a Kang I saw at the the store I bought my full set at. If I'd thought about it then, I would have paid better attention.

Anyone else got a report of any other Ares figs other than the typical three?

Went to 6 different walmarts today found nothing at the first five. But the last one I checked which was actually the closest to me was stocked full of about 3 complete sets of nemesis wave and almost the complete ares wave. I didnt look there first because i just checked there yesterday and for the past month now there has been absolutely no legends there then today it just popped.

post-12504-1249020135_thumb.jpg

post-12504-1249020144_thumb.jpg

post-12504-1249020151_thumb.jpg

post-12504-1249020159_thumb.jpg

i got enough to build nemesis. picked the green punisher and the yellow DD since i had good standard versions of them already.

good figures... not great. black bolt is one of those "finally got him in my hands" ones, the punisher is more fun than i expected, nova is a favorite character, but the figure is overly scrawny... which leads to the real problem: the scale is clearly off. they have all been shortened. instead of feeling six inch scale, they seem more 5 1/2. they suit the halo figures size better. and if you try to blend them in with marvel select it will not fly. tigra is only a little above the hips of thanos. it makes him look two stories tall.

oh, and that beast figure is atrocious. unless he is to stand straight up and never move then he is worthless. leg pose ability is terrible.

the nemesis figure really does make up for a lot though, and the "about time" of it all. not to mention that the price of $11.00 (which used to seem sooooo high) was a nice surprise.

Went to 6 different walmarts today found nothing at the first five. But the last one I checked which was actually the closest to me was stocked full of about 3 complete sets of nemesis wave and almost the complete ares wave. I didnt look there first because i just checked there yesterday and for the past month now there has been absolutely no legends there then today it just popped.

That BAF is pretty cool isn't it.

Got mine tonight! Well worth the wait. Best bet is to let someone in toys look up the ML product number and they can tell you if they are getting them soon. I had found a Guardian and Vision and asked about it on Wed. He scanned the product code with his gun and it said "in warehouse" which he told me it meant that it would be on the 2morrow's truck and would be put out that night. He even gave me a specific time frame. I got there just as it was and there were like 4 cases. However I went back to get the last figures I needed a few hours later and the rest of the cases were gone! I got the ones I needed from what was left of the case from earlier in the night. Good luck! These guys are short packed.

That BAF is pretty cool isn't it.

Yeh actually I was suprised with how much I liked it I thought it looked interesting from pictures but it was actually alot cooler than I thought it would be. Gonna go good with my apoc setup so I was happy with it.