FOUND - NEMESIS WAVE

monron999

Went to 6 different walmarts today found nothing at the first five. But the last one I checked which was actually the closest to me was stocked full of about 3 complete sets of nemesis wave and almost the complete ares wave. I didnt look there first because i just checked there yesterday and for the past month now there has been absolutely no legends there then today it just popped.

That BAF is pretty cool isn't it.

Yeh actually I was suprised with how much I liked it I thought it looked interesting from pictures but it was actually alot cooler than I thought it would be. Gonna go good with my apoc setup so I was happy with it.

Good stuff man, I'm not much of a customizer so I'm using it as a stand in for Zaax. It's got pretty good size I think the base of the figure is Hulkbuster Iron Man which was a good figure as well.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After calling all 6 walmarts in my area yesterday, i found nothing. I decided to check out the closest one to me after work today, and they were stock full. I got the 6 i needed, but there were still 3 or 4 complete sets there still. Not that it matters much but the MA sales tax goes up tomorrow, so i was able to "save" an extra dollar and change because of that.

Okay, I must have just missed them putting them out yesterday. I went back today and there they were... but only one fig left of Black Bolt and Tigra and Red & Yellow Daredevil. So I picked up a complete set. Pretty underwhelmed with the size, articulation and some paint apps, but my expectations have come down over the last few years. I finally have two favorites in BB and Nova, and I always did like Holocaust from the AOA comics. Forgot how fun it is to get a BAF and put him together.

I was at my local Wally world on Wednesday and nothing. Today I go in and they were put out & cleaned out only the Ares junk left. So I went to 2 more in the LBC, both cleaned out. Started checking in the OC and same thing. Apprently either their were lots of collectors or scalpers just ate Long Beach and Orange County Walmart stocks for breakfast. We have a local toy show called Frank & Sons and I bet those bastards are selling them their at Terrorist prices!

FOUND! Copperas Cove, Texas. I said I'd find em today and damned if I didn't. Called about 8 Wal Marts within 50 miles and finally found this one about 40 minutes away. Braved a thunderstorm and found all of em plus the Ares leftover crap figures. The selection was awesome and I'd say there were at least 5 complete sets of 8. I decided to get all except the variants for now. The black Punisher just isn't that cool and I've already got 5 red Daredevils so I'll get them later.

OK, so I'm never one of the first people to find ML waves so I'm pretty geeked about this.

Like most of us here, the minute I heard the Nemesis wave was going to be hitting the Walmarts any time now I started checking every WM within reasonable distance in my area with no luck. My greatest fear being that I would miss them altogether as I've done in the past.

Today, my job required that I attend a contractor's meeting in a little podunk town called Los Lunas about 50 miles South of Albuquerque, NM. It was not going to be a picnic but I knew there was a Walmart in the area that caters to that town and all surrounding small towns that I rarely get to. Even though it's very busy I have stumbled apon some treasure troves at that store in the past and find that the toy section is never quite as picked over as they are in the larger metro area where I live.

Long story short, I stumble onto the stockers just as they were freshly putting out three full sets of the wave. Yes, that means all the figures were put out in equal quantities, including both DD and Puns. There were no short packed figs at all. Something about that seems suspicious, like that was on Hasbros agenda the whole time.

So, for all you who gave me sh1t in the past for admitting to buying more than one set (or actually being one of the few who will actually own up to it on this forum), I'm happy to say I fought my instinct to buy up a second set and decided to leave two for the next guy, who will probably end up buying them both for himself anyway.

This is going to be a hot seller, this will guage whether Hasbro will ever bring back the complete wave format again.

Scored mine last night in Kingsville texas, small town. any way i will keep black bolt, camo punsher, nova,and yellow daredevil. the rest will be sold off. when i opend red dare devil i thought i was holding a Marvel universe figure for a secound there.??? i will also sell nemesis.

I'm in central Pennsylvania. Just checked the closest Wal-mart to me today. They didn't have anything...not even an empty peg or a price tag for where they will be. Tomorrow I'm checking another Wal-mart because I'll be in that area. Hopefully I find them. All I really want are Blackbolt and Tigra.

Are they supposed to show up at Target or TRU? I'd guess not, considering the short amounts Wal-marts are getting...

I'm in central Pennsylvania. Just checked the closest Wal-mart to me today. They didn't have anything...not even an empty peg or a price tag for where they will be. Tomorrow I'm checking another Wal-mart because I'll be in that area. Hopefully I find them. All I really want are Blackbolt and Tigra.

Are they supposed to show up at Target or TRU? I'd guess not, considering the short amounts Wal-marts are getting...

Well, seeing as it is a Wal-Mart exclusive wave like the Ares wave before it, I would say only Wal-Mart.

Oh yeahhhh found them in Nashville, TN! I drove a little south (10 miles or so) to Cool Springs, TN and didn't see any in the action figure aisle so I looked around a little more & found one set minus the camo Punisher on a bottom shelf! A lady that worked there was putting them there & regular punisher wasn't there when I grabbed them so I asked if they had anymore & she said that's all the had b/c someone returned them (how lucky was I!?). But I saw Punisher in her cart & asked for it & she gave it to me and thanked me! I guess I missed when they first put them out. Either that or the guy that returned them bought them at a different Wal-Mart & returned them there. I left the Red Daredevil. He was cool but I didn't need him right now.

Oh yeahhhh found them in Nashville, TN! I drove a little south (10 miles or so) to Cool Springs, TN and didn't see any in the action figure aisle so I looked around a little more & found one set minus the camo Punisher on a bottom shelf! A lady that worked there was putting them there & regular punisher wasn't there when I grabbed them so I asked if they had anymore & she said that's all the had b/c someone returned them (how lucky was I!?). But I saw Punisher in her cart & asked for it & she gave it to me and thanked me! I guess I missed when they first put them out. Either that or the guy that returned them bought them at a different Wal-Mart & returned them there. I left the Red Daredevil. He was cool but I didn't need him right now.

Franklin eh....hmmmm, maybe they will be here in Columbia pretty soon then.

Just found them in Louisville, ky. Picked red daredevil, black bolt, and beast. The guy at the register said he'd been selling a lot tonight, but there were at least two whole sets left plus variants.

Thanks to everyone for posting here or else I never would have checked tonight.

I have no use for the baf parts so if anyone is interested in buying or trading for them let me know via pm. I have a lower torso, left arm, and right leg.

Found the entire set at a local Comic shop, passed on them all.

In a word, these SUCK!!! What a friggin' joke that HASBRO made people wait almost 3 years for this garbage!!!

BLACK BOLT is posed like a pansie, and the flimsy gray wings look ABSOLUTELY ridiculous up close.

NOVA's helmet looks idiotic, the red star emblem is HUGE and sticks out way too far...Loks like it was designed in a kindergarten art class.

TIGRA is a REAL disappointment. She actually looks worse in person that in the pictures. She looks to be about as ferocious as a declawed house-cat...NICE job, HASBRO!!!

KITTY-FACED BEAST just plain sucks...Terrible color apps (his fur is electric blue), and bad articulation.

PUNISHER...Meh!! Who cares??? Both versions are drab...The green one is better, he looks less wimpy, but overall, another poor effort.

The only one that's half-way decent is YELLOW DAREDEVIL, but he uses that same, tiny body from HASBRO's horrible FF HUMAN TORCH...

TOTAL, absolute joke...

Found the entire set at a local Comic shop, passed on them all.

In a word, these SUCK!!! What a friggin' joke that HASBRO made people wait almost 3 years for this garbage!!!

BLACK BOLT is posed like a pansie, and the flimsy gray wings look ABSOLUTELY ridiculous up close.

NOVA's helmet looks idiotic, the red star emblem is HUGE and sticks out way too far...Loks like it was designed in a kindergarten art class.

TIGRA is a REAL disappointment. She actually looks worse in person that in the pictures. She looks to be about as ferocious as a declawed house-cat...NICE job, HASBRO!!!

KITTY-FACED BEAST just plain sucks...Terrible color apps (his fur is electric blue), and bad articulation.

PUNISHER...Meh!! Who cares??? Both versions are drab...The green one is better, he looks less wimpy, but overall, another poor effort.

The only one that's half-way decent is YELLOW DAREDEVIL, but he uses that same, tiny body from HASBRO's horrible FF HUMAN TORCH...

TOTAL, absolute joke...

Funny thing you mention the black bolt, as soon as i opend it i ripped of those silver under arm pellows. The camo punisher is cool (left him and yellow daredevil in package)

The Nemesis BAF is good. This also might be your only chance to pick up a Nova, Black bolt, Tigra,and Nemesis. You also said it your self took almost three years to come out, so those were some of the first figures Hasbro made the quaility was not changed yet.