Ya know...these Nemesis figs....

MrDizzle

kind of suck. Don't get me wrong, Holocaust is awesome. But as I just finished opening up the regular figures, I'm completely underwhelmed. Nova & Blackbolt look awesome w/ their costumes but there's one giant problem. Their faces are just a solid, pasty flesh color. There's no wash, no detail...it's just....a blaring white. I know I'm being picky here but fine, I'll leave them alone. Beast....good lord...this is a horrible figure. BEAST...the guy who has amazing agility & balance has the articulation of ML1 Toad and he's a dwarf. I understand the ban of steroids in major sports but I'm afraid I need my super heroes juiced. The camo-punisher is a solid figure. Could use a little more muscle tone but overall is nice I suppose. THe regular black/white fig was quite dull. Tigra.....I'm not sure what it is, I can't put my finger on it but she also is just terribly plain. Is it the lack of a paint wash that just kills these figures? I look at some of the TB Marvel Legends and not all of them have a wash but even the ones that didn't still managed to look good. IDK....my sole purpose of getting this wave was for Holocaust but along the way, i'd like to know that the future is bright for regular releases. Somehow, even if the figs that we REALLY WANT get released, I can only wonder if we won't be let down by the final product....

kind of suck. Don't get me wrong, Holocaust is awesome. But as I just finished opening up the regular figures, I'm completely underwhelmed. Nova & Blackbolt look awesome w/ their costumes but there's one giant problem. Their faces are just a solid, pasty flesh color. There's no wash, no detail...it's just....a blaring white. I know I'm being picky here but fine, I'll leave them alone. Beast....good lord...this is a horrible figure. BEAST...the guy who has amazing agility & balance has the articulation of ML1 Toad and he's a dwarf. I understand the ban of steroids in major sports but I'm afraid I need my super heroes juiced. The camo-punisher is a solid figure. Could use a little more muscle tone but overall is nice I suppose. THe regular black/white fig was quite dull. Tigra.....I'm not sure what it is, I can't put my finger on it but she also is just terribly plain. Is it the lack of a paint wash that just kills these figures? I look at some of the TB Marvel Legends and not all of them have a wash but even the ones that didn't still managed to look good. IDK....my sole purpose of getting this wave was for Holocaust but along the way, i'd like to know that the future is bright for regular releases. Somehow, even if the figs that we REALLY WANT get released, I can only wonder if we won't be let down by the final product....

Tigra's face looks like a man, and when i opend dare devil i thought i was holding a marvel universe figure for a secoud there. then again these figures were supposed to be out after the blob series so the quality wasnt changed.

I am not sure if I am ready to say this is the worst wave of Marvel Legends ever released but I am close. Don't get me wrong, I love that I finally have them. Once the excitement of getting them passed though it was kinda just like ho hum. Bad articulation & no paint aps what's the deal. Buuuutttttt like a said not ready yet to say they are the worst. It's nice to have something new.

By far the best BAF, but the wave is a little lackluster compared to how good the Rulk and Ares wave were (for Hasbro, anyway).

The bottom line is they held these back for a reason and now that we have them, we understand that reason. I'm quite fond of the DD and the Beast looks good though the articulation and paint leave a lot to be desired. As far as BB and Nova....hey, at least we got em.

That being said, I think we can give Hasbro credit for at least responding to our demands and releasing them regardless of the obvious quality issues. They probably figured what the hell, we can make some money from this or we can take a total wash on it. Grab em while you can. I don't think they were expecting too much out of the Nemesis wave as far as sales, evident by the decision to pack in the Ares wave figs which were already rotting on the shelves before this wave.

They will take what they can get from this wave, as will all of us fans, and start with scratch under the new format. I just hope they'll find a way to still make the larger figs whether they put em in a 2-pack or single.

I totally agree with the OP. These figures not having paint washes is the most ridiculous thing they could have done. I really hate that their skin is just the mold color and not paint. I just want Red Daredevil and Punisher. The Beast is godawful and I despise the stupid feline design he has now. Does anyone else hate the Feline design Beast and miss the old Ape Beast? I despise it with passion!

Just got Tigra and Red DD today, Tigra's face is a touch on the manly side but not so much so that she doesn't look like a woman, DD is great, i'll probably give his reds a wash but other then that nice(i even actually like the color of skin they chose(kinda makes sense anyway for Matt to be a lil lighter, Lawyer by day/crime fighter by night, can't be to great for his complextion hehehehehe.

I totally agree with the OP. These figures not having paint washes is the most ridiculous thing they could have done. I really hate that their skin is just the mold color and not paint. I just want Red Daredevil and Punisher. The Beast is godawful and I despise the stupid feline design he has now. Does anyone else hate the Feline design Beast and miss the old Ape Beast? I despise it with passion!

I understand the hate for the feline appearance but I think it's so awesome! I love the classic looks for all characters but I am all about new things and the advancement of stories.

NOVA: Looks odd. They should have done some skin washes on him. The should have made the red star smaller.

Beast: I think he could use a few more washes. But I do think he looks great.

tigra: Looks great

Davedevil: Amazing, look way better then toybiz one. Again a skin wash would have worked great.

Black Bolt: Ugly.

Punisher: More paint. What is up with hasbro and plain white shin color?

I agree...I forked over a FORTUNE for this wave on ebay, and once I got them...BARF!

I sold them again, but it was too late to recoup all my money. Bad word of mouth brought the prices crashing down. Although this, and the quality issues of the MU line have decided the future of my Marvel collection. I'm sticking with the Bowen busts from now on.

Just about every character you can think of, (and most Hasbro won't!) all sculpted and painted to perfection. Sure, they cost more, but really, I've picked up many for around $25. Compare that with a $15 crappy Hasbro ML, and well...

NOVA: Looks odd. They should have done some skin washes on him. The should have made the red star smaller.

Beast: I think he could use a few more washes. But I do think he looks great.

tigra: Looks great

Davedevil: Amazing, look way better then toybiz one. Again a skin wash would have worked great.

Black Bolt: Ugly.

Punisher: More paint. What is up with hasbro and plain white shin color?

I agree that Daredevil looks better than the Toybiz one but at the same time he is much smaller. I still like the Toybiz one b/c of this.

Blackbolt would be fine if he didn't have those terrible knees. I wish i knew how to customize w/o ruining it.

I like the size of the star on Nova it is just too thick.

Tired as hell! Good story or not he looks more grotesque than beastly with each new artist and this fig doesn't help the case. All in all I like most of this line. My only problems are this figure, Nova's helmet(could've been removable) and Tigra's skinny legs. Her torso is curvy enough and I can deal with the face. But they have got to go. I'm thinking of getting another one just to customize that problem.

(i even actually like the color of skin they chose(kinda makes sense anyway for Matt to be a lil lighter, Lawyer by day/crime fighter by night, can't be to great for his complextion hehehehehe.

DD skin made sense to me cause he's a redhead,who are very light skinned. I don't understand why people are bitchin about the punisher though,His figure is modeled after the Tim Bradstreet covers, so why would they not color it the way bradstreet does?

Yeah when i first saw him in the comics i thought he looked stupid, but then again i never really cared for him in the first place. what would you trade for the dd and punisher?

I got mine today and have to somewhat agree. First, half of them don't have the ball joint at the hip so you can't do a lot of poses which blows.

Here's my reviews:

Tigra - Not sure why people are down on this fig. Other than the missing articulation in the legs/hips, it's a good figure. She doesn't look like a man. Avg.

Black Bolt - He looks kinda small. Avg.

Nova - Very shitty paint apps. Wrong hands imho. Crap.

Beast - Small even for the current comic Beast (who isn't as big as he was). You can't post him standing up very well. And when I do get him to stand he's looking at the ground since his neck doesn't have much articulation either. Crap.

Dare Devil - It's a really nice figure actually. I dunno about being small as others have suggested. He doesn't fit in my normal display tho because I'm using MS Elektra next to DD. Above Avg on both variants.

Punisher - This is the best fig of the lot. Nice paint apps. Cool weapons. Awesome (especially the green one).

Nemesis (BAF) - This is a really nice looking BAF. Above Avg.

Over all, this set isn't much better than the FF Ronan wave, but that's to be expected since it was originally made around the same time.